• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
8.2

1. Dec 9, 2014
    I'm sorry, I don't want to slam Jeanne Tripplehorn, but she just doesn't work in this show. At all. Period. And yet the producers try to force her into the limelight; obviously, because they know there's a disconnect and casting her wasn't right for the show. When you have a program with this long of a history and so many loyal fans it must be incredibly hard to find someone new to addI'm sorry, I don't want to slam Jeanne Tripplehorn, but she just doesn't work in this show. At all. Period. And yet the producers try to force her into the limelight; obviously, because they know there's a disconnect and casting her wasn't right for the show. When you have a program with this long of a history and so many loyal fans it must be incredibly hard to find someone new to add into the cast - because of course, there was no 'replacing' Paget Brewster - but this choice is a miserable failure, and after many years of committed, almost rabid viewership, is turning me off what has been for a very long time, my favorite television show. It's not like replacing Mandy Patinkin with Joe Mantegna - THAT worked, and viewers were able to accept it. Even the short-term replacement of Rachel Nichols was better than this situation. Better to have not replaced Emily at all. Oh how I wish.

I have loved and laughed and cried with Hotch, JJ, Morgan, Penelope, and Spencer for many years. It's deeply disappointing that our relationship is coming to such an unsatisfying end.

Big talent meets weak script and every TV crime cliche known to prime time.
    It's not a cool-science show, but its crimes blur together with what we already see on the ''CSI" series, and its supporting cast is indistinct.
    It's kind of good.