• Network: NBC
  • Season #: 1
7.2

1. Jun 26, 2013
    Surprising Good.
    Some people is calling this show THE EUROPEAN CRIMINAL MINDS, I never have seen Criminal Minds so I have no idea.
    I was expecting a good entertainment show but this is so far more than I was expecting, a nice surprise.
    The pilot is nice, some cliché topics but doesn't care, this have potential but with poor viewers, have no chances.
    I just hope enjoy the rest of the
    season just like (o more) than I enjoy the two first episodes.

(sorry for my english)
  2. Jul 1, 2013
    i love the show and i have watched 3 episodes so far. I was pleasantly surprised by it so far. I like the fact where we discover how difficult it when crimes happen that cross country lines. Love donald sutherland and william fichtner.
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    A very surprising tv show that has good action, drama and talented actors from many diffrent countries. I can´t wait for the next episode, the story is very well written and is very similar to reality. Having Donald Sutherland in the show makes it intresting and likeble..
  4. Jun 24, 2013
    Not watching another women serial killer probably will include child molesters and sadists) show.. Feels like communing with perverts and psychopaths across the airways...who are getting off watching this lowbrow junk tv...too bad
  5. Jun 24, 2013
    I like the international flavor for a change. May have to watch with subtitles turned on occasionally. It would certainly be an interesting twist if they killed off one of the team each week.

Technical snafu morphine transdermal patches are slow acting, so the character's instant relief is bogus.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    Just found this show and love the concept! It's a thriller with a fresh take. I hope will see it go the distance!! It is interesting, with mystery, action, and intrigue!
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    Refreshing, nice mix of cast. Sick of the same old recycled shows? This one is different. Europe makes for an interesting backdrop and for much more scenarios. I would like to see it picked up not just summer filler.
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    I wanted to like it there is nothing about this to like. It's just another run of the mill cop drama that tries to be an intenational thriller. Not sure it will last very long either.
  9. Aug 28, 2013
    Great to see an excellent cast working in Europe. Nice change from the US cities. I hope that it will be renewed. Nice change of pace fro the summer. It would be great if they would change the night.
  10. Jun 24, 2013
    The producers and writer went to great pains to create a unique international setting, interesting cast, and generally 'different' outer skin, only to hide a frustratingly run-of-the-mill core: Cop with a debilitating injury AND a secret torment, another cop with a broken marriage, a wise sage teleported in at key moments for 'important' meetings on discreet park benches, same old interactions amongst the group. The point is, it's really hard work creating something fresh and original (Homeland, Justified, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc.). A mere change of scenery and European faces is not nearly enough. Hopefully, plots will get better as the show progresses but, it's been my experience that, if that potential is not evident in the pilot, it usually doesn't happen later. Too bad! Expand
  11. Jun 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. We are ze Interpoool, excuse ze very bad french.

Our Story begins with a girl not any just any girl, but unfortunately she died.

Am ze Interpoool, zis meh crim sceen, are you suer monsieur, zis un jurisdiction. No monsiuer it is because of ze seral killied. Okay fine will be leaving now. Off to hire the narrating morphine addict, who coincidentally reads palms, but cannot use his own palm. DUNNANANA... To the ICC HQ. Language is lost in translation when taking the piss out of dicks. Into the Lab and introducing the team, he is, no he is, but he is, and finally he is continuing each others lines. Any logical person has turned this show off at this point.

However strangely enough to gain closure may have fast forwarded until the ending this premiere. Did the show get any better? No it went beyond stupidity. They gone and lost a member of their elite ICC team. Because they went in guns blazing without using headsets to communicate to each other, or using local police to sweep the park. Their reasoning was because their target was a diplomatic serial killer. Being equally as stupid, needing rituals to become a sadist. The team employs drug users, brawlers, voice impressionists, and generally every other questionable character in their elite unit.

The ICC have been given the sheriff's badge to do as they like. Like the producers for an American network they have that team USA mentality. Any logical agency would use extradition orders when commanded by the Hague. Have related firearms permits and work alongside local resources while structuring their disposal. Not be given a sheriff 's badge literally deputised as a hit squad. Questionably stupid upon discovering their personal issues, lives, families. Given quackers to solve.

This show had a starting premise of diplomatic serial killers. I can only imagine what they will be pulling out of the cracker box next week. Probably guessed it right, being completely quackers when lead by this team of parrots, with warning of do not feed the pigeons. Like clowns dress up and play cops and robbers when crossing lines and accents. How did the Pikey become an actor, he was employed by the circus or was it the carnival? Yes we understand how fun fiction is.
  12. Jun 30, 2013
    A night-time soap opera disguised as a police drama, and it will probably only get worse every episode. Eventually everybody will be having sex with everybody else. Forget _that_ noise.
  13. Aug 1, 2013
    For me, this is a more international, darker version of 'Mission Impossible'. The pilot was compelling and the villain somewhat of a surprise which I liked. I've also enjoyed the weekly episodes; I find the plots interesting, the investigation fascinating (bordering on scifi capabilities), and the endings logical. My only problems with the series so far is that not all the supporting characters are fully realized, and I'm curious to see how the back stories of the main characters turn out. So far, they are being dribbled out, and each of them thus far 'exposed' are definitely flawed I'm hoping the flaws don't overwhelm the plot lines. We'll see. It's a fun watch, and doesn't follow the standard format. Expand
  14. Aug 4, 2013
    love the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Aug 12, 2013
    This show would be so much better if people were to speak in their own languages. The plots are decent. I really think the show needs a little more character development and team development in the next few episodes. I find that some of the cast aren't as engaging as others. It most likely is the writing. I find the writing to be devoid of style or wit. The actors are what keep me coming back. I believe the actors are decent. I have to say that Fichtner is playing the same old stereotypical character that he always plays. It is boring and I usually fast forward him. It also could be the American attitude he pours on for the character I don't like. The apparent leader of this rag tag bunch of cops is disengaging as well. I understand I'm supposed to feel for his plight as a suffering father who lost his child and is losing his wife too. But there again, the show has fallen short to fully develop the arc of the character. I l love Donald Sutherland, but I also find his dialogue to be lack lustre. The least favorite of the cast has to be Anna Marie(sp?) and Sebastian, of course this is behind Fichtner's character. These two are uninspired. One has a gambling problem and I know nothing about the girl who was hurt and is seemingly Fichtner's gopher. You could almost axe these two and I wouldn't notice.

I have to say the best and most interesting characters on the show are Victoria and Tommy. I love how these two actors have dived into their roles. I actually believe them because they seem to believe in their characters. Even though they weren't given much, they still had a presence on screen.

I would suggest sweeping changes to this show if it is to continue:

1. Have the characters actually speak their own languages in their own countries! OMGosh, why the hell would they speak English? I know this is an American show, but I would hope the American public can read as well. Not only does this make this show look incredibly cheap, it ruins the feel of being in the wonderful locales.

2. Someone get a composer or a music producer who can score for this show, so it doesn't seem like some cheesy B rated movie or badly produced foreign tv show.

3. The writers need to work on some new material. There are so many more interesting crimes. Stop being so pedantic. As well, focus on one or two characters instead of all of them. This will help with the flow of the show as well as have us, the audience, able to not be jarred by every other scene while trying to figure out which storyline we're in.
  16. Aug 25, 2013
    an amazing show, i can't stop watch! a great story with a lot of things that make you think about, that was a good season and i hope have more seasons with this quality
  17. Aug 26, 2013
    Great cast, great locales, terrible writing and overly dramatic musical score. I want to love this show, but find it more and more irritating the more I watch it. I almost turned it off during tonight's episode but will give it a few more weeks. Its summer. I just wish the writing wasn't so predictable and amateurish.

1. Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    Jul 12, 2013
    [Crossing Lines] offers exotic locales, a veritable United Nations of a cast, and a revered actor (in this case, Donald Sutherland) phoning it in. [19 Jul 2013, p.82]
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jun 24, 2013
    There's potentially a very interesting show about cops from different cultures, with different methods of policing, learning to work together. Based on the pilot, at least, Crossing Lines just treats all that as window dressing for the same old, same old.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 24, 2013
    Though constructed from off-the-rack tropes and predictable dialogue, the show also keeps moving forward, causing its characters enough trouble that you feel compelled to stick around at least to see how they get out of it.