• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 12, 2006
6.8

1. TommyJ
    Jan 13, 2006
    A little awkward in the beginning, it smooths out as it goes along. I like the mixture of comedy and pathos. It certainly has promise.
  2. BSmith
    Jan 18, 2006
    I think it was very funny and has even greater possiblities. As the pilot it had to spend a lot of time introducing the characters and their history. I will bet from here on in it'll be a sure 10! Jane Curtain and William Devane are perfect for the part. Fred Savage and his brother also played off each other very well. I can't wait to see it again Thursday night.
  3. DerrickM
    Feb 8, 2006
    Saw it for the first time last night. 02/07/06 The show is great!!!
  4. amandaf
    Mar 3, 2006
    touching-smart, funny as hell
  5. MelissaM
    Jan 14, 2006
    Finally, a sitcom that's acutally a comedy. Jane Curtain and William Devane are great.
  6. LeoK
    Jan 18, 2006
    Painful to watch. I didn't find it funny at all, and the jokes seemed to repeat (imagine what this show will be like by episode 10, if it makes it that far). Acting is over-the-top, as if that would make up for unfunny script. Devane, in particular, is annoying. Fred Savage should have quit while he was ahead and left us all remembering him from Wonder Years.
  7. kathyb
    Jan 22, 2006
    i liked it and found it to be quite witty. i like quirky and i would say this is certainly that. its different from all the other silly comedy shows. this is one i can relate to cause i have a very similiar quirky family and i am sure many other people do too.
  8. DawnA
    Jan 12, 2006
    I like Jane Curtain and William Devane they were the only good things about this show. Fred Savage is definitely better than in the premiere, the brother just annoyed me. The two of them didn't seem to be able to get any rhythm to their lines. The premise seems good, but it just doesn't deliver.
  9. DougM
    Jan 17, 2006
    I thought it was horrible! The laugh track was deafening, even after lame, predictable jokes. What a waste of talent. I'm surprised that someone as talented and classy as Jane Curtain didn't throw up all over the script. For a 'silly' comedy, 'How I Met Your Mother' is 10x better!
    Jan 22, 2006
    The only reason it doesn't get 0 is because of Jane Curtin, she's the only thing this show has got going, and it's on after Dancing with the Stars. Once that's gone, I think this will be too.
  11. MarkC.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Excellent show - the promos made it look corny so I was surprised I liked it so much. Something tells me it is too smart for network TV however.

1. Crumbs has promise. [13 Jan 2006, p.71]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    "Crumbs" is surprisingly good.
    To its credit, Crumbs tries to go deeper in depicting conflicted characters. That, unfortunately, doesn't make this series any funnier.