Crusoe : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 17, 2008
7.3

1. Aug 16, 2012
    This show was actually pretty good. Despite its lack of realism, it had pretty good acting and entertainment. Sometimes the story was a bit weak but otherwise, it was a good story.
  2. FredC.
    Oct 18, 2008
    Just plain awful (and stupid). Nice scenery, nice looking stars and not much else.
  3. TerryA.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Crusoe and Friday are both great eye candy but the humor and effects and story line -- wow! I love this show! May it live long and prosper!!
  4. JimS.
    Nov 15, 2008
    Have only seen first two episodes, but story line, authentic settings, etc is good so far.
  5. BrandonS.
    Oct 21, 2008
    I was really disappointed in this, one of the only shows of the new season that I thought could be worth watching. Why on earth did they decide to start the series with Crusoe already on the island? Already friends with Friday? And the plot of the overly bloated 2-hour premiere was a lame search for pirate treasure, with the least frightening villains I've seen on TV in a long time. I was really disappointed in this, one of the only shows of the new season that I thought could be worth watching. Why on earth did they decide to start the series with Crusoe already on the island? Already friends with Friday? And the plot of the overly bloated 2-hour premiere was a lame search for pirate treasure, with the least frightening villains I've seen on TV in a long time. This show as a real dud. It seemed to want to do a Hercules/Xena thing at times, but it lacks all of the charm of those great series. It was just one bad decision after another. Too bad. I wanted to like this one. Expand
  6. EliasC.
    Nov 16, 2008
    Terrible re-invention of the Daniel DeFoe novel. With so may characters landing on the island you must ask the following question: Is this Crusoe's island or grand Central Station?
  7. DaveW.
    Nov 25, 2008
    Something rarely presented on television: integrity, loyalty, friendship, living by principle; with excellent production standards. May "Crusoe" know many seasons.

1. Once you figure out that the show is pure fluffy action-adventure and uses the book only as a flimsy guidepost, it's actually pretty entertaining.
    As remakes go, Crusoe is at least a couple of cuts above NBC's brainless "Knight Rider," but let's face it, the bar couldn't be set any lower.
  3. Crusoe, based loosely on the classic adventure tale by Daniel Defoe, is an international co-production that champions swashbuckling and scenery without grasping the significance of credibility and character development.