7.8

1. Jul 12, 2012
    Damages is back! The fantastic opener has a feel of season 1 and it has brought its edginess and thrill back. Cast is amazing as usual , the writing has never been sharper and Patty and Ellen are put up against each other in a new case Whats not to love? This season will go out with a bang, you must watch it since it will be the last.
  2. Jul 27, 2012
    The best season to date!!! The first season was of course 'the most expensive'. The first was filmed perfectly and included a large cast. This one is not as expensive and you can see that, and only three characters receive main star billing. But unlike all the other four seasons combined these one includes more music (something rare for Damages) and every episode is a stand-alone. TheThe best season to date!!! The first season was of course 'the most expensive'. The first was filmed perfectly and included a large cast. This one is not as expensive and you can see that, and only three characters receive main star billing. But unlike all the other four seasons combined these one includes more music (something rare for Damages) and every episode is a stand-alone. The first four seasons were like 13-hour thriller cut at certain places. This is different. The case is the MOST intriguing ever and Patty vs Ellen is riveting! The best show ever. If the first season played in this manner the show would have seen a different fate. But still this is the end and the first episode feels sad, and you can see how everything is ending. Shocking, riveting, mesmerizing, sharply written, amazingly acted. Again it features award-wining, high profile actors in its supporting cast. The only thing that I mind is one of the actors. That's Naomi Walling's daughter. The actress is terrible. You can see how desperately she tries to act and how bad she is. This is a very silly thing to comment but when watching a show like Damages you don't expect such a thing. They are many young actresses that can act better then Alexandra Socha! Otherwise a magnificence of a show! Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2012
    Three episodes into the fifth season, and I can say it's a real showstopper, and exactly what I expected from Damages. The 'Patty vs. Ellen' scenario thus far appears to have been well-thought out by the writers, who continue to display a terrific ability to juggle intense drama, well-developed characters, humor, and the usual fractured narrative. The acting is, of course, second-to-none,Three episodes into the fifth season, and I can say it's a real showstopper, and exactly what I expected from Damages. The 'Patty vs. Ellen' scenario thus far appears to have been well-thought out by the writers, who continue to display a terrific ability to juggle intense drama, well-developed characters, humor, and the usual fractured narrative. The acting is, of course, second-to-none, with every single actor (especially guest actors Jenna Elfman and Ryan Phillippe) giving 1000% to their roles. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how this series ends. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2012
    My wife made it a routine to watch one episode per night and now that we have watched the all five seasons I can say emphatically that this has to be one of the best acted shows out there. I am not a big fan of flashbacks but this show directors and writers have made flashback an art. Koodos to both lead women for carrying this show to the heights.

1. Reviewed by: Aaron Riccio
    Jul 17, 2012
    While the show's certainly grown more tightly plotted in the last several seasons, especially after cutting the number of episodes down to 10 and reducing (often via murder) the number of secondary characters, Damages is still suffering from some seemingly needless bloat.
  2. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Jul 12, 2012
    Damages proves once again why it is one of the smartest thrillers on TV.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jul 11, 2012
    Her Patty knows how to spread the hurt. Get in on Damages' final round.