• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date:
Season #: 1, 2
8.0

1. Jul 1, 2013
    This show isn't a really bad show, but I can not get myself to give it many points because ultimately it gives a sad example of how picky a lot of people have become. People are taught that nothing but the perfect partner is good enough for them and that you need to feel this magic 'spark' to connect. Even if you hardly know someone. This is what people have been spoon fed for decades.This show isn't a really bad show, but I can not get myself to give it many points because ultimately it gives a sad example of how picky a lot of people have become. People are taught that nothing but the perfect partner is good enough for them and that you need to feel this magic 'spark' to connect. Even if you hardly know someone. This is what people have been spoon fed for decades.
    When it is dark they often feel a connection, but when ultimate moment in the show comes and the people see their candidate of choice, the final decision is often based on the exterior of the person. He is too young. She is too fat. He misses that manly jawline. She is black-haired.
    The only good thing about this is that those people will hopefully never get any kids and thus remove themselves from the gene-pool.
    Perhaps Darwin wasn't so wrong after all?
  2. DarrinT
    Sep 7, 2009
    I love the show please come back on.
  3. EmilyL
    Aug 25, 2009
    This show is cheesy but interesting. My friends and I really enjoy seeing who will be the shallowest person, after they see the other person. Sometimes we are really surprised! I hope they keep it on in the fall.
  4. AllieL.
    Aug 25, 2009
    I really loved the show. Taken people completely out of their elements, and letting them actually meet someone else purely on personality... I love the show.
  5. Susan
    Aug 18, 2009
    Love the show and look forward to more of it.
  6. thereseo
    Aug 4, 2009
    Entertaining, fast-paced.
  7. KellyG
    Aug 4, 2009
    I liked it. Didn't expect to but the way it is presented and handled was well done. When you figure we size people up in less than 5 seconds when we can see them this is a good alternative.
  8. CS
    Jul 30, 2009
    Being one of the "daters" on the show, I expected it to be super corny, (which it still kinda is) I am pleasantly entertained!
  9. MelissaW
    Jul 26, 2009
    This show was actually very interesting. It really sheds some light on the whole personality vs. looks debate. You found yourself rooting for the most physically mix-matched couple to choose each other. Can't wait for the next episode.

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    For me, this show is a one-night stand, not a relationship.
  2. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    The gimmick is hokey, but beneath it lies a surprisingly untrashy reality show that actually sheds some light on the dating game.
  3. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    Dark is an interesting idea with a refreshing lack of bombast and fakery that propels so many reality shows.