Day Break : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Nov 15, 2006
7.2

1. PrincessH.
    May 12, 2008
    I love the show and the complex twist. It's not the type of show you would expect when the same day repeats itself. Definitely a good example of 'decisions and consequences'. why was it ever canceled?
  2. DayBroken
    Apr 17, 2008
    Fantastic show... why'd it go?
  3. MarciaB.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Daybreak is totally awesome!!! Taye Diggs is a terrific actor and I am hooked on the storyline. Thank you for switching it to TVOne! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  4. MichielP.
    Oct 22, 2007
    A second season would fill me with joy!
  5. MarcoC.
    Sep 19, 2007
    I don't understand why this show has such a broadly opinionated spectrum of reviews. It's plenty suspenseful, smartly written, more twists than a twizzler, and even though its not original neither is almost every song out there that has hit number one on the billboards. It kept me wondering what would happen next in more than one instance-- that's more than I can say for I don't understand why this show has such a broadly opinionated spectrum of reviews. It's plenty suspenseful, smartly written, more twists than a twizzler, and even though its not original neither is almost every song out there that has hit number one on the billboards. It kept me wondering what would happen next in more than one instance-- that's more than I can say for 70% of the other rubbish on TV Expand
  6. MikeR.
    Aug 8, 2007
    One of the best series on TV. I feel sad that so many questions were left unanswered. Too bad. People don't know what they're missing. I still wonder about Jared...
  7. ZiffM.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Great show, great cast. ABC's loss for yanking it off. If we are lucky, perhaps another network will see a season 2 produced. Our family has made a conscious decision to not watch ABC programing as a result of their decision. Keep the faith... For every decision - consequence...
  8. JorgeF.
    Jul 6, 2007
    Best television show in a while. It was the subject of many discussions around coffee at work.
  9. MarkG.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I hope this show returns it was so great to discover this show on ABC.com
  10. UkaO.
    Jun 22, 2007
    You guys must be out of your minds to drop this show. It is very much different to the bullshit we watch on TV (SHARK, HOUSE and all those other analogues), i feel your poor advertising of this series led to its poor take by the American public. Shame. We love it in England
  11. MichaelR
    Apr 20, 2007
    I thought the show was an excellent drama. The actors/actresses did a super job of bringing the story to the viewers. I like 24 as well and to compare the two.. would be an injustice to both. If the networks or somebody would take a good look at what ABC had they would see the shows true potintial. Here's one for you... Name any one T.V. Drama (Police in nature or Hero) that has I thought the show was an excellent drama. The actors/actresses did a super job of bringing the story to the viewers. I like 24 as well and to compare the two.. would be an injustice to both. If the networks or somebody would take a good look at what ABC had they would see the shows true potintial. Here's one for you... Name any one T.V. Drama (Police in nature or Hero) that has lasted more than one or two series, where the leading role was cast to a Minority... any takers for this as a real discussion. The money for ABC is not on minority actors as a whole... they need there SPONSORS $$$$$ .....it always comes down to this. Expand
  12. MIkeM
    Mar 22, 2007
    This show had an incredible storyline, lots of action, and was very well acted. It was a blast. In my opinion, it rivaled and, in some ways, surpassed this seasons 24. I think ABC blew it by cutting it short. They could have had a real winner had they given it a chance to play out.
  13. Lamont
    Mar 22, 2007
    The show makes you think of every possible angle and leaves you wanting more. If you don't like this show, you must be a moron who can't think.
  14. MarkS
    Mar 13, 2007
    Excellent television, Wow!
  15. JerryW
    Mar 8, 2007
    Well, I've now seen the whole series. It ends on a high point, but all evil, and all mysteries are NOT solved, and they easily could create another time loop. But at least, he can now move on. Great show, but it proves H.L. Mencken's aphorism, "You'll never go broke underestimating the taste of the American Public." --Jerry
  16. CandiceJ
    Mar 5, 2007
    I really hope ABC decides to bring Day Break back! It was cleverly written and kept me hooked with the intricacies of the plot.
  17. maxw
    Mar 4, 2007
    This show was great! Where is it now?
  18. dons
    Feb 28, 2007
    like 24, but actually good.
  19. TanyaC
    Feb 23, 2007
    If I could rate it any higher I would! Hands down was the best drama on tv. I hope it's released on DVD!
  20. RalfS
    Feb 19, 2007
    Day Break was great show. Loved the premise ever since I saw the Showtime Short "12:01pm" (that was way before the Silverman Movie). We were greatly disappointed in its cancellation, but not surprised. People will watch television to see the same unfunny Office workers try to makes us laugh but fail, but evidently can't stand to watch a copmelling drama about trying to get oneself Day Break was great show. Loved the premise ever since I saw the Showtime Short "12:01pm" (that was way before the Silverman Movie). We were greatly disappointed in its cancellation, but not surprised. People will watch television to see the same unfunny Office workers try to makes us laugh but fail, but evidently can't stand to watch a copmelling drama about trying to get oneself out of being trapped in time and feeling helpless. If I had to sit down and watch The Office every week, I would feel trapped too. Expand
  21. kyle
    Feb 15, 2007
    This show is fantastic. I wish I hadn't missed it when it was on TV.
  22. CoryC
    Feb 7, 2007
    Love the show, I keep up on the episodes online at ABCTV. Wish it wasn't taken off the air. I still watch it because I'm hooked. So many twists. How did he change today if today was yesterday? Just when he thinks he's solved it, it gets worse.
  23. LelandG
    Feb 6, 2007
    The show can be seen on the abc website, all the un-aired eps that is :) If your from the USA you can view them online if your not there are others to view them.
  24. PaulaW
    Jan 31, 2007
    I love the show, I can't wait to see what Hopper does next. The show keeps me on my feet. It one of the best new dramas on air. I love the twist for the standard "cop drama"
  25. MichelleF
    Jan 30, 2007
    I loved this show. The concept is great and full of suspence. Unfortunately the show is not on TV anymore only online and I can not watch it on my lunch break at work, because it is blocked, I would watch it at home, but the telephone and the cable companies do not have service were I live. I want ot by th e series on DVD. Does anyone know if I can? Thanks.....This a great show, I have I loved this show. The concept is great and full of suspence. Unfortunately the show is not on TV anymore only online and I can not watch it on my lunch break at work, because it is blocked, I would watch it at home, but the telephone and the cable companies do not have service were I live. I want ot by th e series on DVD. Does anyone know if I can? Thanks.....This a great show, I have missed watching it. Expand
  26. Mattmatt
    Jan 22, 2007
    It was simply the most intriguing show on TV.
  27. LanceP
    Jan 19, 2007
    ABC is one of the worst networks for not giving a shot to a program. This show had action, and made you think. Why would you cancel it?
  28. AnnG
    Jan 17, 2007
    Please bring this show back. I got really hooked before Christmas and now I want to find out what happens! Whoever cancelled this show is a real meanie.
  29. WayneC
    Jan 13, 2007
    Great twists
  30. SteveD
    Jan 12, 2007
    Please bring this show back. The great differences in this show vs other 'repeat' premises are the things that can change, like Andrea's turning in her boyfriend for rehab and Taye's character having his injuries carry over from day to day is some of the most intriguing aspects of this show. There has to be a way to bring it back or release the un-aired episodes soon.
  31. JLongley
    Jan 10, 2007
    I really enjoyed this show. After viewing one episode, I couldn't wait for the next to air. I disappointed to see it cancelled.
  32. ronb
    Jan 10, 2007
    the show was great. i hope another network pick-up the show.
  33. bills
    this show was AWESOME & dfeserves a better chance than ABC gave it
  34. KimberleeK
    Jan 9, 2007
    Day Break is one of the most innovative shows on television. Our family watches very few television shows but this was one of them! The twists and turns of each episode keep us on the edge of our seats. The hour long episodes aren't long enough! There is so much junk on television that this show should not have been cut to cater to trash on ABC primetime lineup. Bring the show back!
  35. RNewman
    Jan 9, 2007
    Best written show in five years. The puzzle changes each "day" and the main character(s) have to change with it. The twists are logical, if you buy into the premise, and the intelligence of the characters makes this a most enjoyable experience.
  36. thomasd
    Jan 7, 2007
    Next Episode Please!!!!!
  37. LoreleiO
    Jan 5, 2007
    Best new show of the season. Intriguing, fast-paced, and now cancelled. Argh!
  38. AnonymousMC
    Jan 4, 2007
    We loved this show. It really irritates me that I spent so much time on this show and then NBC decided to pull it off the air. I won't even bother next time with a new NBC show. I won't waste my time because I know from this experience that they will jerk it off the air at anytime!
  39. tammy
    Jan 2, 2007
    I only watch 2 shows each week, and Daybreak is one of them. I find each episode to be well acted. Taye Diggs as well as the rest of the cast is doing a great job. I truly look forward to watching the show every Wednesday.
  40. SandraM
    Jan 2, 2007
    Best show I've seen in a while. Has been pulled and needs to be brought back.
  41. WhendyL
    Jan 2, 2007
    I loved the show at first I was not sure because I thought It was going to be like Groundhog Day. This show was totally different in that it was different everyday and keep me on the edge of the seat waiting for the next episode. I am sad that I can not see the end!!!!
  42. at-homemom
    Jan 2, 2007
    I am so hooked on it. I'll be so bummed if the rumors are true and they cancel this show!!!!!!
  43. ML
    Jan 1, 2007
    *Best* Series *ever*!!! I am so UPSET, I can't tell you ... *grrrrrrrrr*
  44. BrianD
    Jan 1, 2007
    I thought the show was very interesting as they showed you part by part giving you a little more information each time they showed it. I thought it kept the show all and all suspenseful to the majority of us who have a brain and like to use it for thinking. If I missed an episode and forgot to tape it I would be there online at 3am ready to watch the lastest show. As far as the critics I thought the show was very interesting as they showed you part by part giving you a little more information each time they showed it. I thought it kept the show all and all suspenseful to the majority of us who have a brain and like to use it for thinking. If I missed an episode and forgot to tape it I would be there online at 3am ready to watch the lastest show. As far as the critics giving it a 60 out of 100 that's ridiculous it's a show that's designed to make you think and entertain you. Expand
  45. MGarccia
    Dec 28, 2006
    It was the best new show on...too bad the show has been pulled...
  46. JohnW
    Dec 24, 2006
    It was my second favorite show too bad it's cancelled along with my first favorite show Stargate SG-1
  47. SalarK
    Dec 24, 2006
    By far the best series ABC has ever aired. These idiot critics obviously need to get a different job because they have no idea what they are talking about.
  48. JackC
    Dec 22, 2006
    It's an absolute travesty that this got cancelled. Tight, gripping, suspenseful, with a masterfully woven tapestry of a plot and razor-sharp dialogue. I'm sure gonna watch the remaining episodes when they're put out on the ABC website. ... I sound like a marketing drone, don't I. Whatever. This was more than a worthy replacement for Lost. Shame it's gone.
  49. MD
    Dec 22, 2006
    The best new show of the season. Don't understand the cancellation...
  50. AnthonyR
    Dec 21, 2006
    Great Show!
  51. TurrellT
    Dec 21, 2006
    One of is not the best NEW Show of Fall 2006
  52. TimB
    Dec 20, 2006
    Love it! Clever fast paced action.
  53. SD
    Dec 20, 2006
    I love this show. What gives? I was excited about watching it tonight but it's not on and ABC has "next episode not yet scheduled" on their website. Does anyone know what the show's future is?
  54. MattR
    Love this show!
  55. JayT
    Dec 19, 2006
    Best action on TV. Even more entertaining than 24.
  56. Barneyfife
    Dec 19, 2006
    Great suspense on a par with 24. Many twists and plot changes make it very exciting.
  57. DaveD
    Dec 19, 2006
    I love this show. I loved Blade the series too but that got dropped !!!
  58. AngelaF
    Dec 19, 2006
    I love this show it's awesome. my whole family watches it, me, my husband, & my boys 11 & 17. I read in the paper that they were going to cancel it. I will be highly upset if they do, we all want to know how it's going to end, I love all the actors and the whole concept of the show. i'm actually enjoying it more than "Lost". Since "Lost" took a break again this year I was I love this show it's awesome. my whole family watches it, me, my husband, & my boys 11 & 17. I read in the paper that they were going to cancel it. I will be highly upset if they do, we all want to know how it's going to end, I love all the actors and the whole concept of the show. i'm actually enjoying it more than "Lost". Since "Lost" took a break again this year I was thrilled that at least they filled the spot with something that was just as enjoyable to watch if not more. They can't cancel it without giving us an ending. Expand
  59. BenT
    Dec 19, 2006
    I was surprised by how quickly I got hooked on this show. It is "24" with a Sci-fi twist on it. It matches "24" on action sequences, that is for sure. The dialogue can be cheesy at times and the action can be trumped up beyond believability but those rare moments are easy to get over. Overall, it is well-written, well-acted and well-directed. I am sad to see it cancelled so quickly.
  60. BillS
    Dec 18, 2006
    Very interesting show, can not wait for the next show!
  61. CandiceC
    Dec 17, 2006
    I hadn't added a show to my "must-watch" list in years - until Day Break. It's the only good thing on ABC ...oh wait, ABC cancelled it. Well, with shows like "According to Jim" and "Show Me the Money", I should have seen that coming. Clearly this show needs to be on a more intellectual network...Bravo? FX? anyone?
  62. TMorton
    Dec 16, 2006
    awesome show! Only thing I don't like is the fact that it is a midseason show and won't last long! Once the conspiracy is solved, they need to find a way to keep the show going!
  63. AliciaB
    Dec 15, 2006
    The show is pretty good. I only turned it on because I was bored and out of online tv shows to watch.. Before watching it, I thought, "how are they possibly going to drag a show out for more than a couple episodes if it's just one day." I still don't think the show will last too terribly long, but it is addictive..
  64. AndrewP
    Dec 15, 2006
    Great action, brilliant actors very watchable series.
  65. PabloR
    Dec 12, 2006
    THE WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY!!!! worse version of Tru Calling..
  66. MikeV
    Dec 10, 2006
    I love this show. It's great seeing how Diggs' character confronts his situation and tries to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together. Definitely a must see. I can't wait until they release the DVD set for this show so I can watch it again and again.
  67. PatriceA
    Dec 9, 2006
    Excellent show! I really love the acting and drama. Thumbs up!
  68. RussellG
    Dec 8, 2006
    Very creative show which assumes, rightly or wrongly, that its audience is intelligent, patient, and perceptive. It gets better week after week as "the plot thickens" with each new decision and consequence.
  69. lisac
    Dec 7, 2006
    It's so suspenseful and cool to watch, a neat, dramatic spin on the Groundhog Day concept.
  70. JoshH
    Dec 7, 2006
    Great show. I watch all of the major serial drama's, and this one ranks right up there with the best.
  71. AngeliaJ
    It's Awesome!!!!!!!!!
  72. Julie
    great acting/great action.
  73. GabsH
    Dec 6, 2006
    FINALLY a truly intelligent show. Far better than the show it's 'filling in' for. The complexity is half the fun.
  74. tonya
    Dec 6, 2006
    wuz hooked by the 3rd episode.yes its not quite 24 but it sure is pretty good!!!!!!! kudos guyz....and gurlz
  75. StephanieB
    Dec 5, 2006
    I think the show is great!!! It has a interesting plot. I look forward to seeing it every Wednesday. Tage Diggs is a great actor.
  76. GM
    Dec 5, 2006
    I will admit that i was turned off before the show started with the mass of promotion/ads. I thought there was no way to make an action series out of Groundhog day. Well i was wrong! Its not the best show of All Time, with the best actors or acting or stunts etc..But I am still hooked every week and I am always sad when it ends.
  77. JoshE
    Dec 1, 2006
    Hey, I like Groundhog Day and this works for me too. The permutations of how many different ways one day can unfold is fun to watch.
  78. LaurieE
    Dec 1, 2006
    Great show! I watch it every week on abc.com. It's on my top 10 must watch for the week!
  79. RichL
    Nov 30, 2006
    The show is awesome! A great Lost substitute! I taped the first 3 episodes and watched them back to back. Great show!
  80. JohnT
    Nov 29, 2006
    only reason i gave it anything but zero is because of moon bloodgood. cancel this show already. i'd rather watch reruns of supernanny than this overplayed crap.
  81. pauls
    Nov 29, 2006
    Great show, great drama.. what else can I say
  82. PearlJr
    Nov 28, 2006
    Taye Diggs used the Black female audience, therefore I don't support anything that he does.
  83. LuJ
    Nov 21, 2006
    Could barely watch 5 minutes, bored, oh yes I have seen this too many times.
  84. Serena
    Nov 21, 2006
    I LOVE this show. The plot is interesting, script well written, and Taye is an excellent actor. It's nice to see him in an action role.
  85. Mike
    Nov 21, 2006
    I don't lightly give this show a 10 but, considering that I was entranced for the entire 2 hour premiere, I'd say it deserves it. The action was taut, the actors are engaging & well-cast, and the storyline is shaping up to be really cool. Yeah, I was worried it would be a bad mashup of Ground Hog Day and your typical crime drama but I didn't find that to be the case at all. I don't lightly give this show a 10 but, considering that I was entranced for the entire 2 hour premiere, I'd say it deserves it. The action was taut, the actors are engaging & well-cast, and the storyline is shaping up to be really cool. Yeah, I was worried it would be a bad mashup of Ground Hog Day and your typical crime drama but I didn't find that to be the case at all. Is the story wrapped all up for you in a nice little package at the end of the episode? Nope, but I wouldn't really want it to be. I've enjoyed the show so far and, for me at least with the kind of tv I enjoy, it's as much about the journey as the destination. Enjoy this twisted ride folks. Note - This review is only based on my opinions after seeing the premiere. Expand
  86. DawnA
    Nov 20, 2006
    Bad premise, bad show. Did they really think a drama of groundhog day was a good idea? The ratings don't lie, lost viewers in each half hour, never a good sign.
  87. JoeB
    Nov 18, 2006
    Would have to be the best new show of the year
  88. LindaB
    Nov 18, 2006
    First rate pilot episode. Plot, pacing kept me on the edge of my seat. A superb cast, led by Taye Diggs (Broadway's "Rent"), Moon Bloodgood (Disney's "8 Below"). Some terrific character actors, especially the ones who play the villains -- or are they the villains? Very clever twist on a police drama. It will be interesting to see where the writers and producers take it. So far First rate pilot episode. Plot, pacing kept me on the edge of my seat. A superb cast, led by Taye Diggs (Broadway's "Rent"), Moon Bloodgood (Disney's "8 Below"). Some terrific character actors, especially the ones who play the villains -- or are they the villains? Very clever twist on a police drama. It will be interesting to see where the writers and producers take it. So far it's riveting. Expand
  89. ReneeD
    Nov 17, 2006
    Brilliant Writing! Great exciting new show.. I was on te edge of my seat...can't wait to see this unfold.
  90. AndreR
    Nov 17, 2006
    Trying to figure out how the critics can think so highly of "The Nine", yet not give high scores to Day Break. IMHO, this debut episode was on par with the original 24 debut episode when it comes to excitement and good acting. Good show.
  91. JudyT.
    Nov 17, 2006
    I am sick to death of these kinds of shows. It was extremely boring. This guy has a sister who looks nothing like him and another exotic looking girl friend who looks - well a alot like his sister. We're suppose to care about who these people are and what's happening to them. I don't think so. I like Taye Diggs and I wish he could find a good show or movie but this is not I am sick to death of these kinds of shows. It was extremely boring. This guy has a sister who looks nothing like him and another exotic looking girl friend who looks - well a alot like his sister. We're suppose to care about who these people are and what's happening to them. I don't think so. I like Taye Diggs and I wish he could find a good show or movie but this is not it, this is not it. Expand
  92. ScottF
    Nov 16, 2006
    Overall great show. Good laughs, great action and it has me caring about what will happen already. Hope the show survives.
  93. BennyG
    Nov 16, 2006
    Wow, a surprise hit right out of the gates! Superb acting, beautifully shot, and the tightest editing I've ever seen. Put this on your TiVo.
    Nov 16, 2006
    I don't know why the critics gave it such a low score. I really enjoyed the series premier. Great aaction, good mysterious background, decent acting, I enjoyed it and will probably be returning to it weekly.
  95. JonA
    Nov 16, 2006
    Not sure why this show is receiving lower reviews than other new shows this season. I've only seen the pilot, but it was great -- fast-paced and interesting. Introduced a number of good characters and Taye Diggs can carry a show. The only thing that annoyed me was the "Lost" chime at the end of the show. Why does every ABC show have to have that now?
  96. bros
    Nov 16, 2006
    man I love this show it's like 24 only I like it better.
  97. RickF
    Nov 15, 2006
    Non stop action....You want procedurals, watch any of the L&O or CSI shows...a non-stop two hours...It's the perfect filler for Lost. Can't wait till next Wednesday. If I only watch three shows this season, they would be Heroes. Battlestar G. and this one./
  98. JaredC
    Nov 15, 2006
    Really good that is a lot different than I was led to believe.

1. It's good, complicated drama, sometimes hard to watch, but more compelling evidence that the best storytelling for adults these days is on the small screen.
  2. At its best, Day Break has a Choose Your Own Adventure feel... [It] just needs to get those pages flying a little faster.
    Because Hopper can radically rejigger events for better or worse -- a decision that prevents one disaster might cause another - Day Break... feels like the first video-game-era series.