• Network: NBC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.0

1. GimmeABreakYougottabekidding
    Jan 11, 2006
    This is at the top of the screen on January 11, 2006 - "The average user rating for this TV Show is 8.1 out of 10 (based on 195 Votes). " I guess it just shows that the majority of people who read internet sites about lame shows, LIKE LAME SHOWS. The REAL people are out reading MSNBC or CNN.COM.
  2. JasonK
    Mar 2, 2006
    Mildly entertaining for one brief watch in order to figure out the point of the show but overall, dull with ridiculous attempts at suspense. The editing is amatuerish, the lighting boring even with the motion fixtures, the set is just stupid and the banker hidden in shadows? I bet he's actually playing solitaire up there as the show's computer decides what to offer. I predict it Mildly entertaining for one brief watch in order to figure out the point of the show but overall, dull with ridiculous attempts at suspense. The editing is amatuerish, the lighting boring even with the motion fixtures, the set is just stupid and the banker hidden in shadows? I bet he's actually playing solitaire up there as the show's computer decides what to offer. I predict it will be off the air within a month. J Expand
  3. joej
    Dec 23, 2005
    dumb. no staying power. was interested the firs night (new) but all down hill after that.
  4. donaldm
    Jan 3, 2006
    Creepy Noel Edmunds hosts the UK version & I have to pop a travel pill an hour before I watch the show, otherwise watchable.
  5. ChrisL
    Feb 21, 2006
    This show is disgusting, it just shows how mindless the mass of the population are. Do the contestants really believe that any skill is involved in the game? This show rewards no skills or attributes the contestant may possess but harbours an air of idiocy. In the UK version, Noel Edmunds plays an unconvincing role which does nothing to dispell the myth the contestants create. This show This show is disgusting, it just shows how mindless the mass of the population are. Do the contestants really believe that any skill is involved in the game? This show rewards no skills or attributes the contestant may possess but harbours an air of idiocy. In the UK version, Noel Edmunds plays an unconvincing role which does nothing to dispell the myth the contestants create. This show is an insult all members of the population who have brain cells. Chris Lynch Expand
  6. KristenD
    Feb 20, 2006
    I hate this show it sucks
  7. tinavandermark
    Mar 20, 2006
    i think the 10,000 game is a joke. they don't tell u that u have to pay for all there stupid text messages i racked up 60 dollares in cell charges
  8. timb
    Mar 6, 2006
    i use this show as a punch line sometimes.
  9. RoyL
    Apr 3, 2006
    I was a big fan of this show but the longer it goes the longer it takes to open the boxes cases. Monday night (4/3/06) the contestant had opened some boxes in the previous show and it took 80 minutes to finish with the contestant. If the show is not speeded up I will quit watching. Roy
  10. time
    Jun 7, 2007
    The show (originally) was great. But since the initial segments...the offers seem to have spiraled downward...which, to us, makes it boring and predictable. So why bother? The challenge is gone and we've lost interest. Howie , however, is great...as always! It's too bad...it was so much better in the beginning..never missed it!!!
  11. DavidM.
    Sep 26, 2007
    This is got to be, without question, one of the lamest,phoniest game shows ever conceived by some half-witted NBC producer. I mean, People haven't you ever noticed how in the waning moments of every Contestant's time in the spotlight,his/her choices ALWAYS comes down to choosing between either 2 or 3 extremely low amounts (i.e.$5,$10,$25) and 2 or 3 fairly high amounts (i.e. This is got to be, without question, one of the lamest,phoniest game shows ever conceived by some half-witted NBC producer. I mean, People haven't you ever noticed how in the waning moments of every Contestant's time in the spotlight,his/her choices ALWAYS comes down to choosing between either 2 or 3 extremely low amounts (i.e.$5,$10,$25) and 2 or 3 fairly high amounts (i.e. $50,000,$100,00,500,000) I mean- think about it-what are the odds of the choices coming down to extremely low amount choices vs.very high amount choices in the last 10 or 12 minutes of EVERY game? Looks like at least, every now and then just by the random odds of the game, it would come down to choosing between either all high numbers at the end OR all low numbers.-- .Know what I mean,Vern? I'm telling ya this show is as phoney as a $3.00 Dollar Bill, and the Contestants trying to out do each other by acting a fool --but then again NBC wouldn"t have put them on the show if they weren't willing to make an a** out of themselves--it makes for good viewer ratings. Collapse
  12. SidC
    Dec 21, 2005
    Stupid show. Just pure luck. It s nott even a game. Why don't they just roll balls in a big glass bowl?
  13. unknownuser
    Dec 21, 2005
    Dumbest waste of electrons ever
  14. annamariac
    Dec 26, 2005
    Where are the hot men in tuxes, its always about the women not fair at all very upset and shovanistic.
  15. jasonf
    Dec 30, 2005
    I found this page by typing "Dumbest gameshow ever" into google. It was almost offensively stupid. I cant picture it being a legitimate game show. it seems so fake.
  16. treya
    Dec 30, 2005
    The perfect show for post lobotomy patients. I have had more fun watching ice melt. Turn the sound off and watch the hot chicks; only way to survive this piece of crap
  17. J-Dog
    Dec 30, 2005
    I would rather turn the TV off and play solitaire...and I DON'T mean with a deck of cards!!
  18. TimmyB
    Dec 30, 2005
    Do you have to br brain dead in order to enjoy this? I think betting on ice melting in the shade would make a better show! Come on Howie... I liked you at ONE time in your career... now THIS? Better luck next time... maybe try a new agent!
  19. VijayP
    Feb 13, 2006
    This is the worst game show I have ever seen in my life. It is just so stupid, i dont see how it is a hit around the world, kind of like soccer.
  20. JasonR
    Mar 20, 2006
    I'm gonna have to go with the Boston Globe on this one.
  21. kathleenc.
    Oct 12, 2007
    I always loved this show and would of given it a 10, however this evening bringing out the snakes in the case, was in very poor taste! In doing that to someone you are lucky that case didn't get spilled onto the stage!!!
  22. UFreakVonGator
    Feb 20, 2007
    There is no product here,...as with (seemingly)EVERY new "show" its, "Sell the sizzle, because the steak is bad meat"! I watched last nights show, and today I am dumber for my efforts. Howie is Mr Clean with a cordless phone. This show "does" NOTHING!....its guessing!
  23. ScottW
    Feb 3, 2007
    Incredibly stupid and boring. There's no skill, talent, or intelligence involved in the show; contestants just guess numbers. It's lame and repetitive, although I imagine people who are too dumb to succeed at real gameshows love it.
  24. RandyM
    Sep 28, 2007
    This has got to be one of the phoniest Game Shows ever concocted by some half-witted producer.I mean think about it People----Haven't you ever noticed how in the waning minutes of a contestant's time, the remaining case amounts are ALWAYS 2 or 3 extremely low amounts (i.e.$1,$5,$10 or maybe $25) and 2 or 3 very large figures like $100,000 ,$300,000 $500,000 or even the million. This has got to be one of the phoniest Game Shows ever concocted by some half-witted producer.I mean think about it People----Haven't you ever noticed how in the waning minutes of a contestant's time, the remaining case amounts are ALWAYS 2 or 3 extremely low amounts (i.e.$1,$5,$10 or maybe $25) and 2 or 3 very large figures like $100,000 ,$300,000 $500,000 or even the million. What are the odds of that happening EVERYTIME? I mean just by the random odds of probability it looks like that at least every once in a while, the REMAINING amounts would be either ALL below $500---.or to the other extreme--- ALL above say $50,000. You know what I mean,Vern? Also you can tell that some of the Contestants have been "coached" before the show into acting or should I say over-reacting, with Howie. But then again making a complete a## of oneself makes for some great Ratings and NBC knows this all to well. Expand
  25. evanh
    Dec 21, 2005
    This show is obnoxious, it gave me a eadache. eatchn the fans shake riot what to pick and waving there hands is retarted! Oh and the host is another stupid Ryan Seacrest to top it of! the on only difference is that the host is bald!
  26. WendyT
    Dec 22, 2005
    Absolutely, positively the most boring, uninteresting and stupid TV show that I can remember.
  27. RH
    Dec 24, 2005
    This show is damn hilarious. It showcases the fact that the world now hates intelligence, so we get a gameshow that revolves mostly around luck. And money! And girls! Are you part of the lowest common denominator? Well, we have a show for you.....
  28. RadicalB
    Dec 25, 2005
    Nothing more than gambling with statistics. Kinda like poker except uncomplicated and impossible odds. Will anyone ever win the $1 million before the show gets cancelled? Probably not.
  29. Jill
    Dec 27, 2005
    This show requires absolutely no skill and panders to the audience in the worst possible way. Could the models be any cheesier? And who can possibly root for someone who picked a box at random?
  30. SomeGuy
    Dec 27, 2005
    I watched the Australian version, which is hosted by the most untalented comedian of all time. Without a likeable host, the show is nothing more than an overhyped, overrated guessing game. It requires no skill or talent, and is a waste of time for everyone involved. Why is this garbage still on TV while Arrested Development and Firefly get axed?
  31. MichaelE
    Dec 29, 2005
    Quite possibly the most intellectually devoid program I've seen on television to date. Have game shows really come to this? I think Barry Garron from the Hollywood Reporter couldn't have been more right... definitley a dumbing down of society has taken place if this show actually makes the cut.
  32. J.-S.Payette
    Dec 29, 2005
    This is a very annoying show. They repeat the same thing over and over again. Choose briefcases from the miss america wannabes, check inside, receive a call, act like if it was an important call, lather, rinse, repeat. Very, VERY boring.
  33. JaneW
    Oct 16, 2006
    Drags on way too long. Too much talking from Howie, only get to see 1 person win per episode.Losing interest in this show
  34. BradK
    Feb 22, 2006
    This is an insanely stupid game show. Every aspect of the show is lame: Howie, the contestants, the "banker", the family members. They could use chimps as contestants instead of humans and the results would be the same. Of course then I might watch.
  35. coopermalicious
    Sep 16, 2006
    Moronic nonsense.In England the show is presented by Noel Edmonds,a pint sized gnome,who believes in 'cosmic energy',terrible jokes and jumpers.I have tried not to hate him,I really have. The show becomes particularly annoying when the contestants are 1.Inbred fools 2.have devout faith in a 'system' relying on 'gut feeling', 'fate' and Moronic nonsense.In England the show is presented by Noel Edmonds,a pint sized gnome,who believes in 'cosmic energy',terrible jokes and jumpers.I have tried not to hate him,I really have. The show becomes particularly annoying when the contestants are 1.Inbred fools 2.have devout faith in a 'system' relying on 'gut feeling', 'fate' and 'faith'. 3.seize their moment in the public spotlight with cringeworthy over zealous exuberance. Expand
  36. als
    Dec 21, 2005
    Those who watch must get their jollies watching water run from a faucet.
  37. Johnm
    Dec 22, 2005
    Lamest excuse for a game show ever. And I like Howie.
  38. ChrisT
    Dec 22, 2005
    To say this show is moronic is an understatement. Just like lotteries are a tax on the mathematicaly challenged, this show is a brain tax on the entertainment challenged. It's good to see Howie working again, but I suspect he will be unemployed again very soon with such a dog of a show.
  39. mikeb
    Dec 22, 2005
    what a dud!!!!!!!!!!! . . . i cant belive i wasted my time on this crap------and for gods sake . . .lose mandell . . . or give him a wig , and a personality
  40. PatrickK
    Dec 22, 2005
    I watched one show and saw everything there was to see. There's isn't one compelling reason to spend any more time with this greed fest. Considering how little the contestants do to "earn" their prizes, the top money payout should be capped at the $100 level. A $100 for an hours work is more than enough.
  41. chrisw
    Dec 22, 2005
    the lottery in game show clothing. shame shame.
  42. SHEILAG
    Dec 23, 2005
    Will NOT Last...Boring Half Way Thru First Night !!!
  43. Pete
    Dec 23, 2005
    This show is a great show to watch if you like to make fun of things. The production is absolutely ridiculous. Many things such as crowd noise, or even Howie talking have been added after filming. The contestants and family along with the audience overact, obviously acting a role that has been given by the producers. Howie does ok. What makes me laugh every time is when, just before a This show is a great show to watch if you like to make fun of things. The production is absolutely ridiculous. Many things such as crowd noise, or even Howie talking have been added after filming. The contestants and family along with the audience overact, obviously acting a role that has been given by the producers. Howie does ok. What makes me laugh every time is when, just before a commercial, he acts as though he is about to reveal a case......but instead says "right after this break" as though the suspense is going to kill us. The players and audience groan as though they too can not take it; another fake aspect of the show. The problem with the show isn't with Howie, but rather the fact that it lacks any type of staying power. It is not exciting for more than 20 minutes. I can't see it being successful for more than a week. Expand
  44. JimO
    Dec 24, 2005
    I watched it---like a train wreck that you can't resist ! It will draw viewers for a while but will quickly become a future trivia question.
  45. NewtonG
    Dec 28, 2005
    Amazing! They can waste almost fifty minutes of prime time on one contestant. Based on the format and probabilities, no one will win more than about $150,000 and it is virtually impossible to win the million. Is there no end to the mindless and pointless junk that passes as entertainment today?
  46. kevinr
    Dec 28, 2005
    this show is hella crappy. just another way that tv tries to make money by showing mindless shows. whats so upsetting is that people like. i got bored in 2 mins. i agree that all he contestnts seem fake, and the audience and family members are retarded
  47. Liz
    Nov 23, 2006
    This show is so stupid and Howie Mandel is a bore ,furthermore the show sets women back 50+ years in the way they just have all these bimbo type women holding suitcases. If they want to really do a better show and insist on the bimbos they should at least make it fare to both sexes and display MALE bimbos holding the suitcases as well. I will not watch this show until they do this for the This show is so stupid and Howie Mandel is a bore ,furthermore the show sets women back 50+ years in the way they just have all these bimbo type women holding suitcases. If they want to really do a better show and insist on the bimbos they should at least make it fare to both sexes and display MALE bimbos holding the suitcases as well. I will not watch this show until they do this for the women viewers in America. Expand
  48. Feb 1, 2011
    Deal or No Deal has become this annoying itch that, no matter how much you scratch, you cannot satisfy. The problem with this show is that the show "awards" too much money on the way to $1 million. Nobody wants to try for the million because they want to pocket the oodles and oodles of money offered by "The Banker". The excitement of this show is totally gone and the novelty of HowieDeal or No Deal has become this annoying itch that, no matter how much you scratch, you cannot satisfy. The problem with this show is that the show "awards" too much money on the way to $1 million. Nobody wants to try for the million because they want to pocket the oodles and oodles of money offered by "The Banker". The excitement of this show is totally gone and the novelty of Howie has taken that bus to "who cares land". Deal or No Deal - close that case! Expand

It's only a few shades more adult than, say, playing with blocks.
  2. That it has been a hit in 35 nations... reveals that there are more international threats than terrorism and global warming.
    Maddening and exciting.