6.8

1. May 14, 2013
    This series is genius. Its a Comedy Horror. Basic plot is that Zombie, Werewolves and Vampires are sort of accepted. They are common place on every street corner. A Task for is set up to deal with them and this is filmed half from a TV crew angle but also from a fly on the wall angle. This series does not take itself at all seriously and people watching it should not also. I was impressed with the Vampires, Zombies etc as they worked well and the cast is pretty much bang on.
    I liked this from around 5 minutes in maybe less.
    At present it seems to have stopped being broadcast which is a terrible shame. They seem to do this in america. Start something and then leave it. It has not helped that it really has not been advertised in the UK. I stumbled across this online and watch a few clips.
    Great shame as this programme has made me want a Zombie infestation and to be a member of the task force to control them.
    'Let's get out there and kill something'
  2. Oct 24, 2011
    "Death Valley" incorporates the most popular B-class-entertainment themes and mixes them together. While this has already been done multiple times, never have I seen it done with such ease. The dialogue, cast, humour, even the visual side (which is not really what you'd call top-notch, but hey, it's parody, right?) are right-away sweeping you off your feet and onto an armchair, preferably with a can of cold beer in your hand. Luckily the creators don't take the word "parody" the way lots of people do nowadays - they didn't just simply take a show and started mocking it in a way that stopped being even slightly amusing after ten minutes. The creators of "Death Valley" treat comedy very seriously. And most of all, they deliver. Collapse
  3. Sep 17, 2011
    So far so good. Snappy dialogue, fun characters and very good writing makes this an instantly good show.
    You usually have to go through a couple of episodes of something before you are sure, but not with this!
    Death Valley is a cop & monsters mockumentary. You follow a bunch of idiotic but loveable police department on their daily & nightly routines investigating and killing monsters. It's
    original and funny. As much as I hate MTV.. I love this show so far. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Aug 30, 2011
    It's "Reno 911!" with bloody bite.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Aug 29, 2011
    Death Valley's scattershot satire has so many targets--scary-monster series, cop shows, mockumentaries, Hollywood posers, the suburban weltschmerz of the Valley--that despite the lackluster production and hit-and-miss writing some of the jokes are likely to connect.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Aug 29, 2011
    Unlike "Teen Wolf," MTV's other new monster show, Death Valley does not take itself too seriously or seriously at all - everyone involved seems to be having a good time, and as a result so do we.