• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 7, 2013
  • Season #: 1
5.0

1. Jan 31, 2013
    I don't think this show has anywhere to go after they solve the mystery of who killed Vivian. What are they gonna talk about? I don't think this show is like Revenge, but I don't like it much either.
  2. Jan 13, 2013
    Same thing over and over again. The whole time I was watching the pilot, it kept reminding me of Revenge (ABC's hit mystery/drama television series), not because they are similar to each other, only because Deception follows the same pattern and the formula Revenge used in its first season (obviously, I'm not talking about the storyline, only talking about the formula and technique to complete the storytelling). Anyway, it wasn't as impressive as I expected it to be, just like the reviewers said, this is a bit dull. The show needs a fresh style of storytelling or else it won't survive long. Its pilot was just like the pilot of the CW's Beauty and the Beast. Boring and pathetic, followed by lame acting. Expand
  3. Jan 9, 2013
    "Deception" starts off promising, but the story-line seems dull, and a bit over-used. Also, within just the first couple minutes of the program a lot of the scenes are extremely weak and not well set-up which leaves the show a tad bit confusing. Additionally, the premise behind the show has a strong aroma of the formula used within ABC's current hit drama, "Revenge" which is more appealing. Finally, the acting especially from Vivian's step-mother and brothers were not that impressive either which also attributed to the dismal launch of this series in my opinion. Overall, the pilot was messy, boring, unnecessary, and filled with sub-par acting (Vivian's family was just plain awful!). Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    May 29, 2013
    On first blush, Deception is smart, stylish and involving. In time, it could drift. But, for now, enjoy the kind of storytelling that gives its core cast something interesting--and watchable--to do.
  2. Reviewed by: Sara Smith
    Feb 1, 2013
    Deception borrows a lot from that show and others, ending up more fun than challenging.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 7, 2013
    Deception just seems sloppily constructed and poorly written, wasting some good actors (Victor Garber, Tate Donovan and Meagan Good) in the process and never giving you a reason to care.