• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
9.0

1. Apr 2, 2013
    Continuing just a few weeks after the conclusion to the first season Dexter finds himself constantly tailed by Sgt Doakes, who is now more suspicious of Dexter than ever. Unable to satisfy his need to kill he is finding it harder and harder to keep up his facade. To add to his problems the cache of bodies he has deposited at the bottom of the ocean over many years has been discovered leading to an investigation into a serial killer the Miami PD christen the 'Bay Harbour Butcher'.

Throughout this second season Michael C Hall continues to play the character of Dexter to perfection making him one of the most fascinating people on television. The supporting cast are equally as good, helping to keep the plot grounded in reality despite some unlikely events that take place, and I can give no higher praise than to say that this second season is just as entertaining as the first.
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    The incredibly slow pace and the lack of suspense this season killed the show for me. The only good episode this season was the season finale, Even that was played out far too long for my tastes. I am really disapointed with this season.
  3. Nov 1, 2010
    After the first series, I knew I had to watch the second. It totally lived up to expectations. Great character development, though I don't like the actress, Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Dexter's sister, Debra Morgan. I think she lets the cast down. Michael C Hall is an amazing actor, believable in any role he takes on, even being a serial killer - that can't be easy.
  4. Dec 1, 2012
    The ending of the season premiere was literally epic, on a grand scale (though creepy in hindsight). There was no way I could not watch the season through to the end. It gets a 9 only because season 1 set the bar very high.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    the second season of Dexter was the best season of the series, the serial killer who kills serial killers in history has been established, then this season is the season in which he faces serious problems.
  6. Nov 2, 2010
    Season 2 was almost as good as Season 1, the Doakes plot and the way this ends is just amazing, I love how the show has so many interesting sub plots in every episode while maintaining the focus on Dexter and his "addiction". Great season.
  7. Nov 9, 2012
    As Dexter begins to realize his growing humanity, the show becomes even more gripping and compelling. We just can't look away. It's brilliant.
  8. Apr 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this season more than season 1 except for the British b**ch. I could not stand her and I was SOOOO happy to see her ended. Another great plot, with a twisted ending. This show isn't afraid to kill anyone off and I love it! Expand
  9. Jul 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season two of Dexter is excellent largely because of how different it's plot is from all of the show's other seasons. In this season there is no major villain (Lila arguably is but she doesn't really equal the evil of lots of the other villains.) In this season Dexter is the primary killer and even more of the focus because he is the "Bayharbor Butcherer." This plot makes for an extremely interesting and gripping season. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    Still a great and investing show. It has interesting twists and cases they even have. Holy crap it got intense though. You can really for Dexter because he wants to feel love and all these other emotions but he can't. Great show so far.
  11. Aug 15, 2013
    While season 2 retains quite a few of the faults presented in the first season, Dexter has tremendously improved upon its debut, capitalizing upon its morbid sense of humor, and the sheer intensity of the seemingly impossible situations the title character gets himself into.
    While we still must suffer though the mildly cringe inducing dialogue and supporting characters which drag much of
    the show's potential down, we're given a much deeper look into the mind of this unique serial killer, along with an even deeper look into his need for relationships and human connection.
    The more thrilling sequences come with the last five episodes, which pushes its highly fascinating newly introduced supporting characters off the brink of insanity, intertwining and invading Dexter's secrets and unraveling his intricate web of lies, almost rendering him helpless as he watches his life's work become exposed to the world, and to those closest to him.
  12. Nov 18, 2013
    Dexter não apenas um estranho herói interpretado de maneira criativa. Esta série excepcionalmente bem escrita e atuada. O que o faz funcionar que os personagens periféricos são envolventes o suficientes para elevar a serie a altos níveis de envolvimento pessoal.
  13. Jul 10, 2011
    Dovetails the previous season in that it starts interesting but actually gets lesso as it progresses, as it lacks a particularly exciting opposition to Dexter unlike season 1. Didn't care about Lila, and in general, the characters that I found shallow in season 1 (ie. everyone except DExter himself and the ice truck killer) I still found shallow here.
  14. May 25, 2013
    This 12 episodes of season 2 of the most original TV Show formed magnificent picture with the most exciting main plot I've ever seen. It's the best drama of 2007, period.
  15. Sep 3, 2010
    Season 2 is a complete thriller!
    This season is far more exiting than the 1st one. The character also start to evolve and the acting is convencing so the story.
    The twist over every episode are great. It keeps you wanting to see the next episode until you finish it.
    I liked how they really balanced the human side of the private life of Dexter and the serila killer.
    The moral is dobious
    but bearable and I think I liked because it's fun.
    The final is honestly better than many movies I have seen. I usually don't recomend series, but this is an exception. Go for it!
  16. Sep 24, 2013
    Another fantastic Season of Dexter. This season has 2 main plots. One of them amazing, the other, bad. Lets start with the good. The main plot of the season revolves around and FBI manhunt. The twist, Dexter is the killer that they are looking for. Him working for the people trying to catch them, while sabotaging them was fantastic to watch, and the FBI agent in charge is one of my favorite characters ever. The other revolves around Dexter covering his tracks with Rita from last year, through a series of events he hooks up with a girl named Lila, at first shes just fun, but he soon to realize shes not what he thinks. As bad as this plot-line was it was still entertaining. This season is an amazing season of TV, its not as good as 1, but still incredible. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2012
    Another amazing season which was just short of the awesomeness of the first one. Dexter character is explored in a very interesting way as he's not at his best during the start f the season, and tries to find a way to stop doing what he does. The only season without a serial killer, bu with Doakes investigating Dex, Lundy as well, and Lila, a really strong influence on Dex. Three great characters, and of course this show maintains its great humour, and the excellent writing. The only reason this season isn't just as good as the 1st one is because its finale wasn't really keeping you at the edge of your seat like the one of the 1st one. Remember, I only mean the finale, during the rest of the season there is still a sense of urgency, as Dex has never gotten closer to getting caught! Expand
  18. Oct 8, 2010
    I loved season 1 and liked season 2, there was no degradation in quality so im not judging it negatively, im just getting tired of british people in american telly only having "southern and posh accents" its interesting how regardless of dexter is a killer you dont want him to get caught. some of the characters annoyed me, but i dont think im alone in the fact you can see the development of confidence in rita's character. this is on par with the first season easily. and that english woman was annoying. Expand
  19. Sep 28, 2010
    Its such a great show, i'm always on the edge of my seat. every episode feels like a roller coaster, and i've never felt that with any other show before. Micheal C. Hall deserves every award he gets for this show and more, it is the best acting i've seen in a long time.
  20. Aug 20, 2011
    Another solid season of Dexter. This season has many more edge-of-your-seat moments due to the heightened risk of Dexter getting caught. In addition to the dark and intense moments one would expect from a show like this, it also has plenty of unexpected laughs. I personally like the first season more, but this one is also very, very good.
  21. Aug 17, 2011
    The weakest Dexter season yet. The story took a very bad hit when compared to season I and is much less interesting. It is not like the episodes are boring, though I kept wondering where was it all going. The good side to it is that we have a little more of the backstory to the other characters. For the same reason Jennifer Carpenter and David Zayas give good supporting perfomance. Sadly, the story seems out of place and is not believable. Expand
  22. Apr 13, 2013
    Oh well second seasons of great TV shows...
    People use to have some high expectations there that can barely be satisfied.
    Dexter Season 2 did more than just that, i tend to say that its even better than the first one.
  23. Jan 6, 2011
    Count me completely hooked. Loved Season 1 and enjoyed season 2 even more. Continued developing existing characters beautifully and introduced some good new characters.
  24. Sep 15, 2013
    Brilliant season, perfect writing, good suspense, interesting characters and excellent battle Dexter vs. Doakes. Best season for my opinion and one's of the best shows ever.
  25. Dec 17, 2010
    Any supposed issue with this series are like water off a ducks back. This season lays the foundation for Dexter as a family man; a 'prop' that needs to be more to him if he is to keep it. This season see's Dexter having to answer questions about his 'humanity' that he'd never forseen being asked of him, and this season will have you watching on tender hooks from the off as Dexter walks this tight-rope.

Just as thought provoking and captivating as ever.
  26. Mar 19, 2014
    The single best season of them all. Season 4 is overrated, and though this had some unplausible events, it was absolutely addictive and engrossing....
  27. Dec 2, 2010
    The series is amazing, incredible texts, fine interpretation. It´s unique. But I think the first season set my expectations too high, making me so hope full about the second one, which is not a master piece.
  28. Aug 28, 2012
    Reminded me ALOT of Death Note, the Anime! I liked this season even more than the first one and it´s unbelievable that almost every single episode was absolutely compelling
  29. JPW
    Mar 2, 2014
    Perhaps the best season of this show. When some TV shows use a 180 plot twist, its unbelievability loses you in the process. Not so with Season 2. Expect a wild ride.

Dexter, one of the best shows on TV this decade. High praise, indeed. Deserved.
    Hall, who invests strange, demented Dexter with real heart and humanity. It's a spooky tour de force.
  3. In the second season, some novelty has inevitably worn off, but Dexter is, if anything, more of a paradox and remains one of the most compelling characters on TV.