Dexter : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.9

1. Dec 17, 2010
    Any supposed issue with this series are like water off a ducks back. This season lays the foundation for Dexter as a family man; a 'prop' that needs to be more to him if he is to keep it. This season see's Dexter having to answer questions about his 'humanity' that he'd never forseen being asked of him, and this season will have you watching on tender hooks from the off as Dexter walksAny supposed issue with this series are like water off a ducks back. This season lays the foundation for Dexter as a family man; a 'prop' that needs to be more to him if he is to keep it. This season see's Dexter having to answer questions about his 'humanity' that he'd never forseen being asked of him, and this season will have you watching on tender hooks from the off as Dexter walks this tight-rope.

Just as thought provoking and captivating as ever.
  2. Jan 6, 2011
    Count me completely hooked. Loved Season 1 and enjoyed season 2 even more. Continued developing existing characters beautifully and introduced some good new characters.
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    Dovetails the previous season in that it starts interesting but actually gets lesso as it progresses, as it lacks a particularly exciting opposition to Dexter unlike season 1. Didn't care about Lila, and in general, the characters that I found shallow in season 1 (ie. everyone except DExter himself and the ice truck killer) I still found shallow here.
  4. Aug 17, 2011
    The weakest Dexter season yet. The story took a very bad hit when compared to season I and is much less interesting. It is not like the episodes are boring, though I kept wondering where was it all going. The good side to it is that we have a little more of the backstory to the other characters. For the same reason Jennifer Carpenter and David Zayas give good supporting perfomance. Sadly,The weakest Dexter season yet. The story took a very bad hit when compared to season I and is much less interesting. It is not like the episodes are boring, though I kept wondering where was it all going. The good side to it is that we have a little more of the backstory to the other characters. For the same reason Jennifer Carpenter and David Zayas give good supporting perfomance. Sadly, the story seems out of place and is not believable. Expand
  5. lesd
    Aug 26, 2008
    Bloody brilliant!!!just finished watching season 2 in a binge marathon!now i am jonesing for more. Better than season 1 so smart!!LOVE IT!!!
  6. Aug 20, 2011
    Another solid season of Dexter. This season has many more edge-of-your-seat moments due to the heightened risk of Dexter getting caught. In addition to the dark and intense moments one would expect from a show like this, it also has plenty of unexpected laughs. I personally like the first season more, but this one is also very, very good.
  7. Sep 28, 2010
    Its such a great show, i'm always on the edge of my seat. every episode feels like a roller coaster, and i've never felt that with any other show before. Micheal C. Hall deserves every award he gets for this show and more, it is the best acting i've seen in a long time.
  8. Nov 2, 2010
    Season 2 was almost as good as Season 1, the Doakes plot and the way this ends is just amazing, I love how the show has so many interesting sub plots in every episode while maintaining the focus on Dexter and his "addiction". Great season.
  9. Aug 28, 2012
    Reminded me ALOT of Death Note, the Anime! I liked this season even more than the first one and it´s unbelievable that almost every single episode was absolutely compelling
  10. KhristianR
    Oct 1, 2008
    Dexter is one of those TV series that hits you in the face with twists, clever storylines,great acting and its unique spin on the serial killer/good guy scenario. Season 2 focuses slightly more on the human side of Dexter and Michael C Hall does a brilliant job of portraying him. One of the best shows on TV.
  11. MrMisanthrope
    Jan 25, 2008
    I didn't think they could top the first season but they did. I love Michael Hall's portrayal of Dexter (should it scare me that I identify with his attitudes about socialization?) All the characters were infused with more depth to make their colors that much brighter (as the shows cinematography does so well with Miami.) I hope they don't let the show run too long if it I didn't think they could top the first season but they did. I love Michael Hall's portrayal of Dexter (should it scare me that I identify with his attitudes about socialization?) All the characters were infused with more depth to make their colors that much brighter (as the shows cinematography does so well with Miami.) I hope they don't let the show run too long if it wavers off of this brilliance even a bit. Expand
  12. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Your friendly neighbourhood serial killer.
  13. JessieF.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Actually better than the first season as supporting characters become more filled out , more conflicted , more human. Creepy but absolutely delightful.
  14. MatthewB.
    Sep 5, 2008
    The bottom line: Dexter Rules! It's just plain fun.
  15. PeterJ/
    Nov 13, 2007
    My favorite show by far, but only giving it a 9. Hard to top last years...
  16. TommyK/
    Oct 17, 2007
    "Dexter, one of the best shows on TV this decade." I agree.
  17. Rob
    Oct 22, 2008
    Greatest show on television! Makes you feel for a man who is inherently evil, yet he's really not. Definately a roller coaster, in the end you'll end up rooting for a serial killer. Watch this show!
  18. TsouL.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The smartest show in years!!!
  19. Nigel
    Jul 31, 2008
    By far one of the top shows out there if not top, doesn't really matter though. No reason not to watch this show unless you're prudent or faint at the sight of fake blood.
  20. GiaT
    Nov 14, 2008
    Still love Dexter, but the Lila character got a little on my nerves after a while... of course, through faults of her own, Dexter resolved that!
  21. PhilB.
    Sep 14, 2008
    Best show on tv, subject matter and acting is superlative. Love it.
  22. BenSlowly-D
    Jun 28, 2009
    Truly one of the most enjoyably TV shows. The best thing to happen to international television since Masterchef.
  23. RaulM
    Sep 23, 2009
    I loved season 1 of Dexter, but the team really pulled out all the stops on season 2. It takes off like a rocket and really doesn't slow down 'til the heart-stopping finale. Absolutely enjoyable from start to finish, and is hands-down the greatest season of any show I've ever seen. Don't miss it.
  24. Oct 8, 2010
    I loved season 1 and liked season 2, there was no degradation in quality so im not judging it negatively, im just getting tired of british people in american telly only having "southern and posh accents" its interesting how regardless of dexter is a killer you dont want him to get caught. some of the characters annoyed me, but i dont think im alone in the fact you can see the developmentI loved season 1 and liked season 2, there was no degradation in quality so im not judging it negatively, im just getting tired of british people in american telly only having "southern and posh accents" its interesting how regardless of dexter is a killer you dont want him to get caught. some of the characters annoyed me, but i dont think im alone in the fact you can see the development of confidence in rita's character. this is on par with the first season easily. and that english woman was annoying. Collapse
  25. Sep 3, 2010
    Season 2 is a complete thriller!
    This season is far more exiting than the 1st one. The character also start to evolve and the acting is convencing so the story.
    The twist over every episode are great. It keeps you wanting to see the next episode until you finish it. I liked how they really balanced the human side of the private life of Dexter and the serila killer. The moral is dobious
    Season 2 is a complete thriller!
    The moral is dobious but bearable and I think I liked because it's fun.
    The final is honestly better than many movies I have seen. I usually don't recomend series, but this is an exception. Go for it!
  26. Feb 1, 2016
    Dexter improves somewhat in its second season. The "Bay Harbor Butcher" storyline brings the most heat on Dexter than ever before, and the continuing backstory details that get inserted here and there only help create greater depth for the show's most important character. I see a lot of greatness in this show, and its so close at times to getting me hook, line & sinker. Almost.
  27. Nov 1, 2010
    After the first series, I knew I had to watch the second. It totally lived up to expectations. Great character development, though I don't like the actress, Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Dexter's sister, Debra Morgan. I think she lets the cast down. Michael C Hall is an amazing actor, believable in any role he takes on, even being a serial killer - that can't be easy.
  28. Dec 2, 2010
    The series is amazing, incredible texts, fine interpretation. It´s unique. But I think the first season set my expectations too high, making me so hope full about the second one, which is not a master piece.
  29. Sep 3, 2015
    Season 2 of "Dexter" starts off a bit slower than the last. What we get is a deeper look into the title character's mind, as well as watch him deal with new issues that have popped up in his personal life. While not quite having the same pace and focus of season 1, it remains only slightly less entertaining.

Then everything changes. Season 2 quickly ramps up into a very tense plot that

Then everything changes. Season 2 quickly ramps up into a very tense plot that had me on the edge of my seat and watching episodes as quickly as I could. The things that happen here and the risks taken are things other shows wouldn't do until later seasons, and they would be used as a way of setting up an endgame for the show.

Not Dexter. It handles all of the interweaving plots with ease as just another season of Dexter. By the time things conclude there is no clear end in sight. That's an impressive feat. One that leads to an exciting second season and tells us that things can only get a lot crazier before the show concludes.

Season 2 starts off slower, but quickly surpasses it's predecessor. With it's ability to succeed not only in the overall plot of the season, but also in the smaller side-stories involving the characters that make up Dexter's world, what we have is a very fine slice of bloody entertainment.

I give the show's second season a 9.3/10.
  30. Apr 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this season more than season 1 except for the British b**ch. I could not stand her and I was SOOOO happy to see her ended. Another great plot, with a twisted ending. This show isn't afraid to kill anyone off and I love it! Expand

Dexter, one of the best shows on TV this decade. High praise, indeed. Deserved.
    Hall, who invests strange, demented Dexter with real heart and humanity. It's a spooky tour de force.
  3. In the second season, some novelty has inevitably worn off, but Dexter is, if anything, more of a paradox and remains one of the most compelling characters on TV.