Dexter : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.9

1. MrMisanthrope
    Jan 25, 2008
    I didn't think they could top the first season but they did. I love Michael Hall's portrayal of Dexter (should it scare me that I identify with his attitudes about socialization?) All the characters were infused with more depth to make their colors that much brighter (as the shows cinematography does so well with Miami.) I hope they don't let the show run too long if it I didn't think they could top the first season but they did. I love Michael Hall's portrayal of Dexter (should it scare me that I identify with his attitudes about socialization?) All the characters were infused with more depth to make their colors that much brighter (as the shows cinematography does so well with Miami.) I hope they don't let the show run too long if it wavers off of this brilliance even a bit. Expand
  2. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Your friendly neighbourhood serial killer.
  3. lesd
    Aug 26, 2008
    Bloody brilliant!!!just finished watching season 2 in a binge marathon!now i am jonesing for more. Better than season 1 so smart!!LOVE IT!!!
  4. JessieF.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Actually better than the first season as supporting characters become more filled out , more conflicted , more human. Creepy but absolutely delightful.
  5. MatthewB.
    Sep 5, 2008
    The bottom line: Dexter Rules! It's just plain fun.
  6. TommyK/
    Oct 17, 2007
    "Dexter, one of the best shows on TV this decade." I agree.
  7. Rob
    Oct 22, 2008
    Greatest show on television! Makes you feel for a man who is inherently evil, yet he's really not. Definately a roller coaster, in the end you'll end up rooting for a serial killer. Watch this show!
  8. TsouL.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The smartest show in years!!!
  9. Nigel
    Jul 31, 2008
    By far one of the top shows out there if not top, doesn't really matter though. No reason not to watch this show unless you're prudent or faint at the sight of fake blood.
  10. PhilB.
    Sep 14, 2008
    Best show on tv, subject matter and acting is superlative. Love it.
  11. BenSlowly-D
    Jun 28, 2009
    Truly one of the most enjoyably TV shows. The best thing to happen to international television since Masterchef.
  12. RaulM
    Sep 23, 2009
    I loved season 1 of Dexter, but the team really pulled out all the stops on season 2. It takes off like a rocket and really doesn't slow down 'til the heart-stopping finale. Absolutely enjoyable from start to finish, and is hands-down the greatest season of any show I've ever seen. Don't miss it.
  13. Oct 8, 2010
    I loved season 1 and liked season 2, there was no degradation in quality so im not judging it negatively, im just getting tired of british people in american telly only having "southern and posh accents" its interesting how regardless of dexter is a killer you dont want him to get caught. some of the characters annoyed me, but i dont think im alone in the fact you can see the developmentI loved season 1 and liked season 2, there was no degradation in quality so im not judging it negatively, im just getting tired of british people in american telly only having "southern and posh accents" its interesting how regardless of dexter is a killer you dont want him to get caught. some of the characters annoyed me, but i dont think im alone in the fact you can see the development of confidence in rita's character. this is on par with the first season easily. and that english woman was annoying. Expand
  14. Sep 3, 2010
    Season 2 is a complete thriller!
    This season is far more exiting than the 1st one. The character also start to evolve and the acting is convencing so the story.
    The twist over every episode are great. It keeps you wanting to see the next episode until you finish it. I liked how they really balanced the human side of the private life of Dexter and the serila killer. The moral is dobious
    Season 2 is a complete thriller!
    The moral is dobious but bearable and I think I liked because it's fun.
    The final is honestly better than many movies I have seen. I usually don't recomend series, but this is an exception. Go for it!
  15. Aug 20, 2011
    Another solid season of Dexter. This season has many more edge-of-your-seat moments due to the heightened risk of Dexter getting caught. In addition to the dark and intense moments one would expect from a show like this, it also has plenty of unexpected laughs. I personally like the first season more, but this one is also very, very good.
  16. Sep 28, 2010
    Its such a great show, i'm always on the edge of my seat. every episode feels like a roller coaster, and i've never felt that with any other show before. Micheal C. Hall deserves every award he gets for this show and more, it is the best acting i've seen in a long time.
  17. Nov 1, 2010
    After the first series, I knew I had to watch the second. It totally lived up to expectations. Great character development, though I don't like the actress, Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Dexter's sister, Debra Morgan. I think she lets the cast down. Michael C Hall is an amazing actor, believable in any role he takes on, even being a serial killer - that can't be easy.
  18. Dec 17, 2010
    Any supposed issue with this series are like water off a ducks back. This season lays the foundation for Dexter as a family man; a 'prop' that needs to be more to him if he is to keep it. This season see's Dexter having to answer questions about his 'humanity' that he'd never forseen being asked of him, and this season will have you watching on tender hooks from the off as Dexter walksAny supposed issue with this series are like water off a ducks back. This season lays the foundation for Dexter as a family man; a 'prop' that needs to be more to him if he is to keep it. This season see's Dexter having to answer questions about his 'humanity' that he'd never forseen being asked of him, and this season will have you watching on tender hooks from the off as Dexter walks this tight-rope.

Just as thought provoking and captivating as ever.
  19. Jan 6, 2011
    Count me completely hooked. Loved Season 1 and enjoyed season 2 even more. Continued developing existing characters beautifully and introduced some good new characters.
  20. Apr 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this season more than season 1 except for the British b**ch. I could not stand her and I was SOOOO happy to see her ended. Another great plot, with a twisted ending. This show isn't afraid to kill anyone off and I love it! Expand
  21. Apr 13, 2013
    Oh well second seasons of great TV shows...
    People use to have some high expectations there that can barely be satisfied.
    Dexter Season 2 did more than just that, i tend to say that its even better than the first one.
  22. Aug 28, 2012
    Reminded me ALOT of Death Note, the Anime! I liked this season even more than the first one and it´s unbelievable that almost every single episode was absolutely compelling
  23. Sep 15, 2013
    Brilliant season, perfect writing, good suspense, interesting characters and excellent battle Dexter vs. Doakes. Best season for my opinion and one's of the best shows ever.
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    As Dexter begins to realize his growing humanity, the show becomes even more gripping and compelling. We just can't look away. It's brilliant.
  25. May 25, 2013
    This 12 episodes of season 2 of the most original TV Show formed magnificent picture with the most exciting main plot I've ever seen. It's the best drama of 2007, period.
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    Dexter não apenas um estranho herói interpretado de maneira criativa. Esta série excepcionalmente bem escrita e atuada. O que o faz funcionar que os personagens periféricos são envolventes o suficientes para elevar a serie a altos níveis de envolvimento pessoal.
  27. Nov 21, 2013
    Still a great and investing show. It has interesting twists and cases they even have. Holy crap it got intense though. You can really for Dexter because he wants to feel love and all these other emotions but he can't. Great show so far.
  28. Mar 19, 2014
    The single best season of them all. Season 4 is overrated, and though this had some unplausible events, it was absolutely addictive and engrossing....
  29. Oct 22, 2014
    Well, that's it, the masterpiece season of a masterpiece TV show, Dexter's second season gives the perfect continuity for the series, it just shows Dexter founding himself psychologically, getting out of a identity crisis accompanied of shocking breakthroughs and surprises, masterpiece in all aspects.
  30. Sep 1, 2015
    Dexter's second season is able to bring more to the table than its predecessor on every level. Season two also represents a sort of maturation for the series, with solid character progression and bold story developments shattering any notion of predictability.

Dexter, one of the best shows on TV this decade. High praise, indeed. Deserved.
    Hall, who invests strange, demented Dexter with real heart and humanity. It's a spooky tour de force.
  3. In the second season, some novelty has inevitably worn off, but Dexter is, if anything, more of a paradox and remains one of the most compelling characters on TV.