• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.0

1. Apr 8, 2011
    This was my least favorite season, besides season 5, but it's still a 10! Another great plot, great acting, great twists and lots of tension. Loved every minute of it and the new characters they added.
  2. Independentopia
    Oct 16, 2008
    Bar none, the best show currently on Television. Michael C. Hall is one of the more underrated working actors today...he's brilliant.
  3. DanielS.
    Nov 9, 2008
    The best show I've ever seen.
  4. PaoloD
    Dec 2, 2008
    A little slow at times, nonetheless is still terrific brainwork in relating to the main character. Plus, there is all the emotional extras of a "maybe" father and spouse.
  5. MichaelM
    Dec 6, 2008
    This show amazes me. At the end of each season I think "wow, they will never top THAT" and yet each season only gets better. Definately the best show on TV.
  6. ZackaryS.
    Oct 7, 2008
    One of the best shows on TV. If you miss this then you really do deserve to have your foot chewed off by a dog... or better yet get butchered by dexter and thrown in the ocean.
  7. DougS
    Jan 2, 2009
    Dexter raises the bar season after season. In his showdown with the 'Skinner' Dexter shows that he is the biggest bad ass there is. And Deb has gone from a damsel in distress in Season 1 I can't wait for season 4!
  8. KrisR
    Feb 26, 2009
    Possibly the best show I've ever seen. I couldn't see this lasting more than two seasons, how wrong I was! Thank you to the writers and actors for the stunning work.
  9. GiaT.
    Nov 14, 2008
    This season has got me on edge... all the road blocks popping up, slowing Dexter down... I'm feeling the anxiety, and holding on to the edges of my seat waiting for the next show every time. I cannot wait to see how this one will end!
  10. DougS.
    Nov 2, 2008
    Best show on TV...maybe ever!!!
  11. AlexK
    Dec 2, 2008
    Amazing show. But why the hell are there reviews for Season 3 already when the season isn't even over yet?
  12. MR.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Better than ever!
  13. RhettD
    Jan 21, 2009
    Great show starts off slow in season 3 but it picks right back up, critic on this site sucks his rating is more personal.
  14. EtharV
    Sep 24, 2009
    Smart, witty, clever, fantastically acted and brilliantly written. Dexter has pushed the bar up from season two and is by far my favorite show on television. Like watching an unique, daring and engaging film every week
  15. ElginW.
    Nov 12, 2008
    Dexter is one of the best most original shows I have ever seen.
  16. NasreenS.
    Nov 17, 2008
    Amazing! Every episode gets better! I can't wait for the next.
  17. NickH
    Dec 16, 2008
    This show makes you laugh, cry, cringe and shout with joy. The edited version on CBS is crap comparatively, but I'd still watch it. Better than Weeds, Californication and Entourage.
  18. AndreaW
    Jun 29, 2009
    Season 3 start-to-finish was Amazing! I cannot wait until August so I buy it on DVD... (I own Season 1 & 2 already.)
  19. Oct 8, 2010
    Season 3 is by the far the best so far, obviously you cant beat the greatness of the original series, BUT you can appreciate how dark and deep this one gets keeping you on the edge of your seat really badly at some moments. Rita is developing into the most annoying character. the situations that dexter is caught in are white knuckle rides of anticipation of the result.
  20. Sep 28, 2010
    Its such a great show, i'm always on the edge of my seat. every episode feels like a roller coaster, and i've never felt that with any other show before. Micheal C. Hall deserves every award he gets for this show and more, it is the best acting i've seen in a long time.
  21. Nov 1, 2010
    Fast becoming my favorite tv series. Can't wait to see season 4. I noticed the critics ratings dropped a little between series 2 & 3. I disagree. I think the show just keeps getting better.
  22. Aug 17, 2011
    It is imo second best season of Dexter to date. The twist with Dexter thinking about his father`s code throughout the whole season is very attractive, as we see him developing his personality and questioning his motives and purpose of his life. He has to decide if he wants to be a "normal" person and , most of all, if he is able to actually be one. He is acompanied by Miguel Prado, aIt is imo second best season of Dexter to date. The twist with Dexter thinking about his father`s code throughout the whole season is very attractive, as we see him developing his personality and questioning his motives and purpose of his life. He has to decide if he wants to be a "normal" person and , most of all, if he is able to actually be one. He is acompanied by Miguel Prado, a Miami DA who is also a very interesting character. Interactions of those two play the most part in this season which leads to a powerful ending. Some fine twists. Great acting by Michael C. Hall as always, but same also by Jennifer Carpenter, Jimmy Smits and David Zayas. Expand
  23. Apr 13, 2013
    Really enjoyable to watch, but plot- wise kind of lacks what made seasons 1 and 2 so brilliant.
    Feels like the main plot idea behind the series kind of got used up for the first seasons while this one is something they simply came up with to be able to continue the series. Well written? Yes. Brilliant? No.
  24. Jan 9, 2012
    This season is, in my opinion, underrated. It has some really nice twists, Miguel is a great character, who is not who you expected him to be. Dex goes through changes as he proposes to Rita and she's pregnant, and actually thinks it's possible for him to have a friend. So this season has a lighter atmosphere than the last ones, but this was important for Dexter's development as aThis season is, in my opinion, underrated. It has some really nice twists, Miguel is a great character, who is not who you expected him to be. Dex goes through changes as he proposes to Rita and she's pregnant, and actually thinks it's possible for him to have a friend. So this season has a lighter atmosphere than the last ones, but this was important for Dexter's development as a character. The serial killer is really dangerous as always, with a cool signature, but isn't really explored as a character, but what's interesting about him is he thinks he's doing the killing for a reason, but he really just has a dark passenger like Dex. Expand
  25. Nov 24, 2013
    A great season again. It is getting more interesting and suspenseful as it goes on. The writing is really funny and dramatic at the same time. But they balance those 2 well. Still a great show.

1. Reviewed by: Micah Towery
    Should we actually trust his actions over what he says as a true indicator of who he really is? It does not seem that the writers of the show have discovered this apparent problem in their storytelling, but it certainly could be something worth exploring in the coming season.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Dexter is real, all right. Real good.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    With the larger narrative diminished, what remains are the smaller moments. There Hall's terrific performance--full of sly wit and contradictions--elevates the show