• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
8.0

1. Nov 1, 2010
    Fast becoming my favorite tv series. Can't wait to see season 4. I noticed the critics ratings dropped a little between series 2 & 3. I disagree. I think the show just keeps getting better.
  2. Apr 8, 2011
    This was my least favorite season, besides season 5, but it's still a 10! Another great plot, great acting, great twists and lots of tension. Loved every minute of it and the new characters they added.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A great season again. It is getting more interesting and suspenseful as it goes on. The writing is really funny and dramatic at the same time. But they balance those 2 well. Still a great show.
  4. Jan 9, 2012
    This season is, in my opinion, underrated. It has some really nice twists, Miguel is a great character, who is not who you expected him to be. Dex goes through changes as he proposes to Rita and she's pregnant, and actually thinks it's possible for him to have a friend. So this season has a lighter atmosphere than the last ones, but this was important for Dexter's development as a character. The serial killer is really dangerous as always, with a cool signature, but isn't really explored as a character, but what's interesting about him is he thinks he's doing the killing for a reason, but he really just has a dark passenger like Dex. Expand
  5. Oct 8, 2010
    Season 3 is by the far the best so far, obviously you cant beat the greatness of the original series, BUT you can appreciate how dark and deep this one gets keeping you on the edge of your seat really badly at some moments. Rita is developing into the most annoying character. the situations that dexter is caught in are white knuckle rides of anticipation of the result.
  6. Sep 28, 2010
    Its such a great show, i'm always on the edge of my seat. every episode feels like a roller coaster, and i've never felt that with any other show before. Micheal C. Hall deserves every award he gets for this show and more, it is the best acting i've seen in a long time.
  7. Aug 17, 2011
    It is imo second best season of Dexter to date. The twist with Dexter thinking about his father`s code throughout the whole season is very attractive, as we see him developing his personality and questioning his motives and purpose of his life. He has to decide if he wants to be a "normal" person and , most of all, if he is able to actually be one. He is acompanied by Miguel Prado, a Miami DA who is also a very interesting character. Interactions of those two play the most part in this season which leads to a powerful ending. Some fine twists. Great acting by Michael C. Hall as always, but same also by Jennifer Carpenter, Jimmy Smits and David Zayas. Collapse
  8. Apr 13, 2013
    Really enjoyable to watch, but plot- wise kind of lacks what made seasons 1 and 2 so brilliant.
    Feels like the main plot idea behind the series kind of got used up for the first seasons while this one is something they simply came up with to be able to continue the series. Well written? Yes. Brilliant? No.

1. Reviewed by: Micah Towery
    Should we actually trust his actions over what he says as a true indicator of who he really is? It does not seem that the writers of the show have discovered this apparent problem in their storytelling, but it certainly could be something worth exploring in the coming season.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Dexter is real, all right. Real good.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    With the larger narrative diminished, what remains are the smaller moments. There Hall's terrific performance--full of sly wit and contradictions--elevates the show