Dexter : Season 4

Oct 1, 2009
    Awesomesauce.
  2. DanielL
    Nov 14, 2009
    Although it is impossible to achieve the originality of season 1, this season is back on par with season 1. Season 3 slipped a bit but season 4 is just as intense and compelling as ever.
  3. BryanT
    Nov 30, 2009
    For anyone who has seen the ninth and tenth episode of this season knows its a 10 rating.
  4. andyk
    Dec 20, 2009
    This season was wonderful. intriguing, disturbing, emotional, scary, all that i could have asked for. it was just amazing.
  5. RaulM.
    Jan 11, 2010
    Best season YET. And that's saying a lot, considering Dexter has never had a bad season -- Season 3 was my least favorite, but even that was better than just about every show on television. A great show.
  6. AdamG
    Nov 30, 2009
    This is one of the best seasons of Dexter ever. The problem with the metacritic review system for TV shows is that they tend to only give the reviews only for the first couple episodes and, even though this season had a strong start it just keeps getting stronger. To the point that most the negative reviews actually don't make any sense when this season is viewed as a whole.
  7. MikeB.
    Oct 17, 2009
    This is one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. It goes deep so you can really get into it and it is the perfect show to just marathon the sh*t out of. I hope for many many more seasons and I just hate waiting for the episodes to air!
  8. SamE
    Dec 17, 2009
    Season 4 of Dexter is at a deeper more twisted place than any other season. In my opinion best season yet. Cannot wait for season 5 which I'm sure will be even better than last.
  9. NickP
    Dec 20, 2009
    I was starting to think the series was going downhill(just a little!!), but then I watched the first episode of season 4 and was hooked just like I was while watching season 1. It doesn't slow down either, by the end of the season I was begging for more Dexter!
  10. AlexN.
    Sep 28, 2009
    The new season is off to a great start. The casting of Lithgow is genius. There is plenty going on to set the stage for a season full of excitement in what could've been a monotonous look at a serial killer's crack at fatherhood. Top 5 show on TV.
  11. SteveW
    Dec 17, 2009
    This season of Dexter starts off with a bang and the season finale will leave you breathless
  12. MattyZ
    Dec 24, 2009
    It seemed at first to be completely predictable with Dexter going to kill the Trinity killer with just a few season lengthening twists thrown in (though the season was fantastic to begin with) but with the final episode my heart absolutely dropped to an ending that I did not expect once so ever. Will any season finale ever top that?
  13. Sep 22, 2010
    An instant favorite for fans of serial-killer drama and plot twists.
    Micheal C. Hall is also an amazing actor in this series.This season in my opinion the best one behind Season 2.
    Simply Awesome entertainment
  14. Oct 8, 2010
    i really enjoyed this season with dexter contending with a mirror image of himself. Rita is by fair a cow in this one and i cant stand any moment she is in it. i think deb's character is tired and old. and dotes was replaced with a lesser character. still good through and through and still kept me coming back for more
  15. Aug 21, 2011
    I always said that season 2 was the best... indeed it is one, but now the events of season 4 makes it right to the top. It starts really well and it ends shockingly.
    Warning: Remember Dexter is not a series for everybody.
  16. Sep 28, 2010
    Its such a great show, i'm always on the edge of my seat. every episode feels like a roller coaster, and i've never felt that with any other show before. Micheal C. Hall deserves every award he gets for this show and more, it is the best acting i've seen in a long time.
  17. Dec 17, 2010
    Season 3 could have concluded Dexters story as he sailed on into the sunset with a family he loves, and a dark side that's supplemented by righteousness. But such is the appreciation for reality above fantasy in the script, it keeps going, and in doing so loses none of it's momentum, gearing up for something mesmorisingly epic.

By the end, i could confidently say i'd never watched

By the end, i could confidently say i'd never watched anything better on the television than this delightful frightful show.
  18. Dec 19, 2010
    The best season yet of Dexter, performance of the year on TV from John Lithgow and the rest of the cast were not bad either. Amazing plot, superbly written and fantastically shot, this was in my opinion the best TV series of '09.
  19. Apr 8, 2011
    What's with these MORONS that keep saying that Dexter is the same thing over? That Dexter ALWAYS befriends a psycho and then has to kill him? That happen in ONLY two seasons. You guys need to pay attention, instead of mindlessly shouting out your dislike for a show that you can't just enjoy. This is my favorite season of Dexter. I really loved the return of a certain character and twistedWhat's with these MORONS that keep saying that Dexter is the same thing over? That Dexter ALWAYS befriends a psycho and then has to kill him? That happen in ONLY two seasons. You guys need to pay attention, instead of mindlessly shouting out your dislike for a show that you can't just enjoy. This is my favorite season of Dexter. I really loved the return of a certain character and twisted ways of a new one. But I will forever wear my tshirt in memory and always keep that certain someone in my heart! I MISS ************* I couldn't believe it. My mouth dropped wide open and I was in shock. As much as I hated the writers for doing that, I love them just as much. Very bold. Expand
  20. May 24, 2011
    As Creepy as this season was, and how graphic.... John Lithgow Was amazing so amazing Most shocking from beginning to end... You were always on the edge of your seat. You always wondered if he was gonna get caught or not... Such great writters, and cast.... I keep loving this show. I hope it lasts 10 seasons.
  21. Nov 2, 2011
    Best Season of all time, best finale of all time...I mean the writers did such an amazing job, Michel perfect as usual , the trinity killer added a lot of thrilling to the show, if you didn't watch it you're missing out
  22. Jan 9, 2012
    The best season after the 1st one. Edge of your seat throughout the last 3-4 episodes, the relationship between Dex and Trinity is amazing, Trinity is also a very interesting, rich character, who is appaled by what he's doing. Dex also evolves, as he becomes more human, and has to find a way to deal with his family life, married, three kids, and also continue to do what he does... AmazingThe best season after the 1st one. Edge of your seat throughout the last 3-4 episodes, the relationship between Dex and Trinity is amazing, Trinity is also a very interesting, rich character, who is appaled by what he's doing. Dex also evolves, as he becomes more human, and has to find a way to deal with his family life, married, three kids, and also continue to do what he does... Amazing ending as well, shocking actually. John Lithgow and Michae C. Hall had amazing chemistry. Lundy also returns, and Deb also has a much bigger role in this season, which I liked. Expand
  23. Oct 26, 2012
    There is a reason why everyone says the show is at it's peak through out season 4. It's by far my favorite season and it was perfect from start to finish. Definently makes up for the poor quality of the previous 2 seasons imo.
  24. Mar 13, 2012
    I've been powering through the DVD's of Dexter over the past couple months, and Season 4 is the best yet in my opinion. The entire season has so much momentum, and the final 3-4 episodes are gripping to say the least. The Trinity Killer is my favorite character outside of the core cast for all the seasons. The Ice Truck Killer was integral to the entire series, but John Lithgow playsI've been powering through the DVD's of Dexter over the past couple months, and Season 4 is the best yet in my opinion. The entire season has so much momentum, and the final 3-4 episodes are gripping to say the least. The Trinity Killer is my favorite character outside of the core cast for all the seasons. The Ice Truck Killer was integral to the entire series, but John Lithgow plays the Trinity role flawlessly. He is creepy and completely unpredictable. Anybody who claims they knew what he would do next is full of s***. It was also very nice to see Keith Carradine's character (Lundee) come back too, as he is also one of my favorite characters. There's A LOT going on in this season. The final two minutes delivers a complete gut punch to the viewer too. I'm already pumped to get Season 5 going to see which direction it will go. Expand
  25. Mar 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Straightly Speaking, the greatest season of a t.v. show ever. It took a challenging concept and made it one of the most twisted, character centered, artistic, and beautiful series of episodes in T.V. show history. The narration was perfect. Everything added in the exact in the right place. The idea of a monster, a serial killer, trying to live a normal suburban life, seems so rediculous, and yet feels so right, since we as the audience believe we know Dexter, and know the good inside him. Unfortunately, with every chance he gets, we finally, for the first time since Season 1, see a villain who's life resembles Dexter's. But when we do, we know that his pursuit at a normal life, that seemed to covered in gold in Season 3, can only end in one way; tragedy. Expand
  26. Jun 15, 2012
    It's safe to say that season four was the best season yet. I found it to have more suspense & more development in Dexter's character. John Lithgow has to be one of the creepiest serial killer to ever grace a television show. I loved every second of this season!
  27. Jul 27, 2013
    Absolutely an amazing season. Arguably the best one out of all the seasons. Lithgow's performance as Trinity is horrifying and gripping at the same time. You can't take your eyes of the screen during this entire season. It is the first Dexter season that is truly shocking and horrifying at many different times. At several moments you can't help but feel a little sick or cry a little. ThisAbsolutely an amazing season. Arguably the best one out of all the seasons. Lithgow's performance as Trinity is horrifying and gripping at the same time. You can't take your eyes of the screen during this entire season. It is the first Dexter season that is truly shocking and horrifying at many different times. At several moments you can't help but feel a little sick or cry a little. This season is amazingly done. Plain and simple. Expand
  28. Jul 16, 2012
    this is the best season of this show....the creators of the show outdid themselves with this season...i doubt they will make a season as good as this before the show is over.
  29. Sep 15, 2013
    After not too pleased third season. This season became for me a surprise. Perfect villain, interesting story with such a plot twists, shock ending, and great acting John Lithgow.
  30. Oct 28, 2012
    BEST SEASON SO FAR! John Lithgow is incredible as the Trinity Killer and the absolutely incredible "edge of your seat" finale, I don't know how any season could surpass this one.

Thankfully, this season Dexter continues to play with our moral bearings, which is the show’s best quality.
    The series is as compulsively watchable as ever, with Dexter's marriage, stepchildren, newborn son and stifling suburban life complicating his leisure time.
    Dexter’s life as a suburban dad feels claustrophobic, and the show has become repetitive and predictable.