• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
7.1

1. Oct 2, 2011
    The best season premiere yet. I have no idea how mainstream critics will give the fourth season of breaking bad near perfect reviews and give this mediocre ones when this show is without a doubt at least on par with, if not better, than breaking bad. The first episode gives a small preview of a few different interesting subplots that will no doubt soon be explored. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season turns out Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2011
    As good as ever. Ignore the mainstream critics! This is going to be an Epic season. So glad its starting now, because Breaking Bad's season ends next week. Walking Dead+Dexter = Pure TV watching goodness!
  3. Oct 3, 2011
    The season six premiere of Dexter was very funny and entertaining. I don't know if the rest of the season will be as good as the premiere, but i'm hoping for the best.
  4. Oct 6, 2011
    Great premiere. That's all I'm rating here though. At the time of this critique that's the only episode that has been on. So, really, don't be ignorant people and predictably bash on the critics. You've only seen one episode so far. The critics have seen more than that. And they've always liked Dexter. Them going from really liking the show to giving a mediocre score should at least make people wonder that maybe future episodes of this new season aren't up to par. Expand
  5. Oct 17, 2011
    I personally think that the new season is amazing. It is definitely as good as ever, Michael C. Hall is in the first episode amazing, especially in his high school 20th anniversary reunion.
  6. Dec 31, 2011
    In my opinion absolutely without a doubt the best show ever! , and i'm telling you, I've seen great TV shows and movies for more than 7 years, Dexter is the best, it definitely has brilliant acting and great story. Dexter Rules !!
  7. Jan 5, 2012
    Great season, not sure what all the hate is about, after 6 seasons it is still staying fresh.
    The killers are as interesting as ever, Definitely Cannot wait for season 7
  8. Feb 1, 2012
    Well, since I love the Dexter series, and critics rate Homeland 1 ( which I loved too) a perfect 10, I have to rate Dexter 6 an 11, like season 5. (The first season of Dexter may have been a 15, in retrospect.) Dexter is above regular series, but it has been noticed by the mainstream, bored viewers and critics. Keep going your own way, Dexter. Don't compete with the middle masses.
  9. Mar 28, 2012
    After watching this season again, I realize this is one of the most amazing seasons of Dexter. Probably the best behind 1, and 4, respectively. This season has been the most exhilirating, scariest, most disturbing, and darkest season yet. It also pushed the supporting cast forward to unknown territory. I loved the way Batista and his partner interacted. The killers were evil, the twist was effective, and the last ten seconds make up for the generic finale. I loved this season, loved the approach, loved the style, and can't wait for Season 7 in September! Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2011
    I agree that the mainstream critics have thus far rated this opening too low. It was excellent, and the new "badies" are chillingly sinister. This looks to be an awesome season!
  11. Oct 4, 2011
    This is a great show, I agree ignore the critics. Season 4 was a great one, this one should beat it for sure. The premier was great and funny, very entertaining Tv. I love it and can't wait for more!
  12. Oct 4, 2011
    Coming off of season 5, which so many people seemed to hate, I actually enjoyed last year. I didnt like the Dexter & Lumen ending but nonetheless good season. On to this season, I really enjoyed the season premiere. I liked the humor at the high school reunion. I think the bad guys are certainly going to be interesting, and different to say the least. I thought it was overall solid and cant wait to see where its going. Expand
  13. Oct 18, 2011
    It's a great show. It has great actors, a great plot, and great character development. Season 6 of Dexter is just as good as any other, and possibly even better.

That's all there is to say.
  14. Oct 19, 2011
    Dexter always seems like it will be hard to enjoy barring the majority of the cast is very unlikeable. Perhaps Michael C. Hall has the ability to overshadow his counterparts. Can't imagine the minds of the writers who develop the wild villains of Dexter and if it's an inside joke to see how many times "Deb" can say F in a season. Regardless, Dexter has continuously been one a compelling drama for six straight seasons. Expand
  15. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season of Dexter explores the theme of religion with talented guest actors and a familiar, gritty feel to it that makes it well worth your time. With the exception of Deb (and maybe Masuka), the other character arcs are put on hold in the beginning of the season to allow more time for the main plot, which remains gripping. Expand
  16. Nov 2, 2011
    Amazing season, I don't know if they are doing it on purpose but the even seasons (2,4 and now 6) are amazing, Dexter season 4 was by far the best on all dimensions and this season is shaping up to be quite as good if not better
  17. Nov 9, 2011

this guy writes some really good reviews, check it out. give it a chance!, if you like it give it a follow, and support him!
  18. Dec 1, 2011
    Critics say that Dexter it's not what it used to be. I disagree. However, I must say it's, at this point, the worst season of Dexter. It's not the worst, it's the less good.
  19. Dec 11, 2011
    The season is as good as ever. A must see. Don't believe the critic in the yellow.
  20. Dec 19, 2011
    The season was great but final episode was a big bust. But I still loved this years season. In order of seasons I like from best to worse it have to go 1,4,2,6,5, and 3. Can't wate for 7 how will everything turn out u think??
  21. Dec 19, 2011
    This is one of the most exciting shows on television, showcasing limitless amounts of talent from Michael C. Hall, as well as a roughly interesting chemistry between the rest of the main cast. The course of events taken, are seeming to unfold as one of the most interesting, and captivating seasons of an already scalding hot show. The news of the 7th and 8th being the last seasons are disappointing, however the act of unfolding what's been thrust into the arc of the story will likely take that amount of time, while at the same time eliminating any questions left to be answered. In the ultimate climax, we will eventually be revealed the true fate of dexter, and I don't think 8 seasons is enough, especially when mindless shows like "Weeds" and "Californication" have somehow lasted as long, and longer than the projection of texter. I sense a possible attention and acclaim strategy, set up by numeros executives to garnish curios viewership. There's no way Showtime could just allow such a money machine as Dexter to end while the notes are high, but we'll see what happens over the next two years. Who knows, maybe we'll all be tired of Dexter soon, but I just don't see it happening. Especially when each season breaks Showtime viewership records. The company isn't stupid. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2011
    How can a season of a television show be reviewed before the entire season has aired? I'll never understand that. You have to view the season as a whole before juding it. You wouldn't review a book after reading the first chapter, would you?

Personally, I enjoyed this season from beginning to end. Some intriguing characters were introduced, interesting elements explored, and a serious
    shocker of an ending. The surprise of this finale compares to that of season four.

I thoroughly enjoyed this season as Dexter did indeed seem to return to his roots. I liked how they worked elements of past seasons into this one.
  23. Dec 21, 2011
    Great great last episodes of year 2011. It took some time for this rather uneven season to reach cruising speed. Yet not at the quality level of season 5, season 6 is now mature and showing very good and very promising things. Looking impatiently forward to next episodes
  24. Dec 21, 2011
    like always... ended at suspense!!
    GRAND FINALE....!!
    enjoyed watching it...
    my first tv series of any foreign country...
    made me a fan of hall and carpenter...
    waiting for the next season before the world ends(2012) ;) :P :D
    wana see wat the writers r planning to do next
    gonna be fun,i know it!!
  25. Dec 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome, just awesome!!
    Unbeliavable theme of the season, that mixes thriller with action, what makes the story incredibly captivating.
    C.Hall and the usual cast are good as always, and the new characters of the season like Edward James Olmos, and Colin Hanks played a beatiful job as well.
    In my opinion one of the best dexter's seasons of all, being in the second position under of the first one only.
  26. Jan 10, 2012
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. Great season. Great potential for the future. Dex and deb sittin in a tree.. k-i-l-l-i-n-g. Who doesn't want to see that.
  27. Mar 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would like to say, this is not season 4, it was a great season, dont compare every season that comes after it to it. At this point in the show, Dexter has really become more human now with his son, Harrison. the big thing about this season is Dexter is staring to think about what will he pass down to Harrison, since hes getting older and starting to understand. So the little things with Dexter and Harrison are cool. And there is the serial killer of the season. this time "they're" driven by by god to bring about the end of the world. Still interesting as ever and really creepy. This is a great season. Is it season 4? No. but that doesn't mean the show will be bad from now on. Expand
  28. Nov 9, 2012
    It couldn't have gone any deeper than it did since Hanks' character is a bit too insane for Dexter to relate to; however, the show is compelling as ever. It's unmissable.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    If there's a TV writers' version of Stockholm syndrome, Dexter is Exhibit A.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Oct 3, 2011
    After a lively and appealingly hilarious premiere, Dexter goes entirely off the rails with two episodes hobbled by clumsy victims-of-the-week and then crushed with endless repetition of the core theme.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Oct 3, 2011
    Having peaked a few seasons back in the amazing John Lithgow season, Showtime's hit Dexter at least seems to be enjoying itself as year six kicks off.