Dexter : Season 6

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
6.4

1. Dec 19, 2011
    Despite a convenient, sloppy, and predictable ending, the season had some twists that were intriguing, and it thoroughly explored the minds of serial killers both religiously and personally. Although I'm still excited for the seasons to come and the show is still great at cliffhangers that make you feel obligated and excited to see future episodes, the series is not at the same calibre asDespite a convenient, sloppy, and predictable ending, the season had some twists that were intriguing, and it thoroughly explored the minds of serial killers both religiously and personally. Although I'm still excited for the seasons to come and the show is still great at cliffhangers that make you feel obligated and excited to see future episodes, the series is not at the same calibre as it once was. For the most part it's more creative and interesting than most of television, but I can't help but compare it to the earlier seasons, which were far more clever and unpredictable than what the show is today. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2011
    The season six premiere of Dexter was very funny and entertaining. I don't know if the rest of the season will be as good as the premiere, but i'm hoping for the best.
  3. Feb 14, 2016
    This sixth season of Dexter takes a little while to gets its feet under itself. There's almost two completely different story arcs here, with only a sprinkle of crossover. Still, you can feel things getting a little more out of hand for Dexter Morgan and, when the curtain finally falls, you're left with the "oh... crap" that hooks you into season 7. This show has been prettyThis sixth season of Dexter takes a little while to gets its feet under itself. There's almost two completely different story arcs here, with only a sprinkle of crossover. Still, you can feel things getting a little more out of hand for Dexter Morgan and, when the curtain finally falls, you're left with the "oh... crap" that hooks you into season 7. This show has been pretty consistently paced, but only sometimes throttles up the actions/intensity/plot development, and I can't help but think there's more to be brought out of this progressing story than what already has. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2011
    How can a season of a television show be reviewed before the entire season has aired? I'll never understand that. You have to view the season as a whole before juding it. You wouldn't review a book after reading the first chapter, would you?

Personally, I enjoyed this season from beginning to end. Some intriguing characters were introduced, interesting elements explored, and a serious shocker of an ending. The surprise of this finale compares to that of season four.

I thoroughly enjoyed this season as Dexter did indeed seem to return to his roots. I liked how they worked elements of past seasons into this one.
  5. Feb 1, 2012
    Well, since I love the Dexter series, and critics rate Homeland 1 ( which I loved too) a perfect 10, I have to rate Dexter 6 an 11, like season 5. (The first season of Dexter may have been a 15, in retrospect.) Dexter is above regular series, but it has been noticed by the mainstream, bored viewers and critics. Keep going your own way, Dexter. Don't compete with the middle masses.
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    Dexter has yet to develop or change. This season he tells killers to forgive themselves adding a new layer of criteria to his kills. But he cannot practice what he preaches. Since he feels no guilt he can't forgive himself. He is clearly a sociopath now: The risky sex, getting things "he wants", and lying and stealing. In some effect he's devolved into an emotional, self centeredDexter has yet to develop or change. This season he tells killers to forgive themselves adding a new layer of criteria to his kills. But he cannot practice what he preaches. Since he feels no guilt he can't forgive himself. He is clearly a sociopath now: The risky sex, getting things "he wants", and lying and stealing. In some effect he's devolved into an emotional, self centered sociopath, where before, Harry's "code" had almost transformed him into a high level psychopath (with little risk of being discovered). I fear that since he feels no guilt for his own actions that his new philosophy may turn out to be a vanity and a hypocrisy: He still seeks out the most moral way possible to please his dark desires. Right now the only thing I've realized is how far the audience will go to empathize with a serial killer; someone with no chance of reciprocating that empathy. In order for Dexter to develop he'll have to actually change his behaviour and not just preach like his dead mechanic friend. Right now the religion and the added responsibilities of fatherhood are merely window dressing to his sociopathic mistakes, and mistakes of the writer's. Expand
  7. Oct 2, 2011
    I agree that the mainstream critics have thus far rated this opening too low. It was excellent, and the new "badies" are chillingly sinister. This looks to be an awesome season!
  8. Mar 18, 2016
    After a rather disappointing, but still enjoyable 5th season, Dexter gets back on track. The show once again tries something new with the formula. There's still serial killers causing trouble for the department that Dexter must deal with, but the majority of the season doesn't focus on that. Instead we witness Dexter's struggle with religion and huge changes in Debra's life.

To make

To make things even better the whole thing kicks off with a sense of newly invigorated dark humor. I found myself laughing out loud several times throughout this season. Dexter has always had some humorous moments, but this time it really feels like it's part black comedy. A bold and wonderfully successful move.

Like I said, the serial killers aren't getting most of the attention here. It's all about Dexter's struggle with religion. It's personal, deep, and yet even more exciting looks into the mind of a serial killer. The season as a whole carries religious tones. The serial killers are taking pages straight from the Bible for their kills.

One would think that this would make the whole serial killer vs serial killer aspect of the show, which has always been one of the series strong points, more interesting. Unfortunately that isn't the case. When the season does start to put all of it's focus on the actual case it loses some steam. It's still highly entertaining. Just not as much as watching the new humorous side of the show and Dexter's deep, dark struggles with whether or not there is any good in him.

It's a return to form for the show that lost it's way in the previous season. A new sense of humor and focus keep things strong and some mind-blowing plot twists and developments make the next season look all the more promising. Season 6 gets things back on track.
  9. Oct 2, 2011
    As good as ever. Ignore the mainstream critics! This is going to be an Epic season. So glad its starting now, because Breaking Bad's season ends next week. Walking Dead+Dexter = Pure TV watching goodness!
  10. Dec 17, 2011
    This season has its ups and it's downs. We can all agree that season 4 was the best, but season 6 isn't bad. Don't see why it's getting scored so low. Some things in this season are very weird making me only give it a 8.
  11. Dec 19, 2011
    The season was great but final episode was a big bust. But I still loved this years season. In order of seasons I like from best to worse it have to go 1,4,2,6,5, and 3. Can't wate for 7 how will everything turn out u think??
  12. Oct 18, 2011
    It's a great show. It has great actors, a great plot, and great character development. Season 6 of Dexter is just as good as any other, and possibly even better.

That's all there is to say.
  13. Oct 6, 2011
    Great premiere. That's all I'm rating here though. At the time of this critique that's the only episode that has been on. So, really, don't be ignorant people and predictably bash on the critics. You've only seen one episode so far. The critics have seen more than that. And they've always liked Dexter. Them going from really liking the show to giving a mediocre score should at least makeGreat premiere. That's all I'm rating here though. At the time of this critique that's the only episode that has been on. So, really, don't be ignorant people and predictably bash on the critics. You've only seen one episode so far. The critics have seen more than that. And they've always liked Dexter. Them going from really liking the show to giving a mediocre score should at least make people wonder that maybe future episodes of this new season aren't up to par. Expand
  14. Oct 4, 2011
    This is a great show, I agree ignore the critics. Season 4 was a great one, this one should beat it for sure. The premier was great and funny, very entertaining Tv. I love it and can't wait for more!
  15. Dec 11, 2011
    The season is as good as ever. A must see. Don't believe the critic in the yellow.
  16. Oct 4, 2011
    Coming off of season 5, which so many people seemed to hate, I actually enjoyed last year. I didnt like the Dexter & Lumen ending but nonetheless good season. On to this season, I really enjoyed the season premiere. I liked the humor at the high school reunion. I think the bad guys are certainly going to be interesting, and different to say the least. I thought it was overall solid andComing off of season 5, which so many people seemed to hate, I actually enjoyed last year. I didnt like the Dexter & Lumen ending but nonetheless good season. On to this season, I really enjoyed the season premiere. I liked the humor at the high school reunion. I think the bad guys are certainly going to be interesting, and different to say the least. I thought it was overall solid and cant wait to see where its going. Expand
  17. Oct 17, 2011
    I personally think that the new season is amazing. It is definitely as good as ever, Michael C. Hall is in the first episode amazing, especially in his high school 20th anniversary reunion.
  18. Oct 19, 2011
    Dexter always seems like it will be hard to enjoy barring the majority of the cast is very unlikeable. Perhaps Michael C. Hall has the ability to overshadow his counterparts. Can't imagine the minds of the writers who develop the wild villains of Dexter and if it's an inside joke to see how many times "Deb" can say F in a season. Regardless, Dexter has continuously been one a compellingDexter always seems like it will be hard to enjoy barring the majority of the cast is very unlikeable. Perhaps Michael C. Hall has the ability to overshadow his counterparts. Can't imagine the minds of the writers who develop the wild villains of Dexter and if it's an inside joke to see how many times "Deb" can say F in a season. Regardless, Dexter has continuously been one a compelling drama for six straight seasons. Expand
  19. Dec 21, 2011
    Great great last episodes of year 2011. It took some time for this rather uneven season to reach cruising speed. Yet not at the quality level of season 5, season 6 is now mature and showing very good and very promising things. Looking impatiently forward to next episodes
  20. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season of Dexter explores the theme of religion with talented guest actors and a familiar, gritty feel to it that makes it well worth your time. With the exception of Deb (and maybe Masuka), the other character arcs are put on hold in the beginning of the season to allow more time for the main plot, which remains gripping. Expand
  21. Oct 26, 2011
    Snakes in the tummy? You had me at the stitches...It inspired my "hommage" blog post today...Dizzy with pain, I turned to my fictional TV hero for help with the blood work. Please check it out and comment, for better or worse...on SinusSister.com

22. Nov 2, 2011
    Amazing season, I don't know if they are doing it on purpose but the even seasons (2,4 and now 6) are amazing, Dexter season 4 was by far the best on all dimensions and this season is shaping up to be quite as good if not better
  23. Nov 9, 2011

this guy writes some really good reviews, check it out. give it a chance!, if you like it give it a follow, and support him!
  24. Dec 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome, just awesome!!
    Unbeliavable theme of the season, that mixes thriller with action, what makes the story incredibly captivating.
    C.Hall and the usual cast are good as always, and the new characters of the season like Edward James Olmos, and Colin Hanks played a beatiful job as well.
    In my opinion one of the best dexter's seasons of all, being in the second position under of the first one only.
  25. Jan 5, 2012
    Great season, not sure what all the hate is about, after 6 seasons it is still staying fresh.
    The killers are as interesting as ever, Definitely Cannot wait for season 7
  26. Dec 1, 2011
    Critics say that Dexter it's not what it used to be. I disagree. However, I must say it's, at this point, the worst season of Dexter. It's not the worst, it's the less good.
  27. Dec 19, 2011
    This is one of the most exciting shows on television, showcasing limitless amounts of talent from Michael C. Hall, as well as a roughly interesting chemistry between the rest of the main cast. The course of events taken, are seeming to unfold as one of the most interesting, and captivating seasons of an already scalding hot show. The news of the 7th and 8th being the last seasons areThis is one of the most exciting shows on television, showcasing limitless amounts of talent from Michael C. Hall, as well as a roughly interesting chemistry between the rest of the main cast. The course of events taken, are seeming to unfold as one of the most interesting, and captivating seasons of an already scalding hot show. The news of the 7th and 8th being the last seasons are disappointing, however the act of unfolding what's been thrust into the arc of the story will likely take that amount of time, while at the same time eliminating any questions left to be answered. In the ultimate climax, we will eventually be revealed the true fate of dexter, and I don't think 8 seasons is enough, especially when mindless shows like "Weeds" and "Californication" have somehow lasted as long, and longer than the projection of texter. I sense a possible attention and acclaim strategy, set up by numeros executives to garnish curios viewership. There's no way Showtime could just allow such a money machine as Dexter to end while the notes are high, but we'll see what happens over the next two years. Who knows, maybe we'll all be tired of Dexter soon, but I just don't see it happening. Especially when each season breaks Showtime viewership records. The company isn't stupid. Expand
  28. Dec 21, 2011
    like always... ended at suspense!!
    GRAND FINALE....!!
    enjoyed watching it...
    my first tv series of any foreign country...
    made me a fan of hall and carpenter...
    waiting for the next season before the world ends(2012) ;) :P :D
    wana see wat the writers r planning to do next
    gonna be fun,i know it!!
  29. Dec 28, 2011
    My conclusion about the sixth season is that though it is a little better than five I know that this show can still do a lot better. It is a shame they did not go for a more refreshing story but instead safely followed their formula, which overall makes for not a very outstanding season, even being a little predictable. The season will probably be remembered by fans as that mediocreMy conclusion about the sixth season is that though it is a little better than five I know that this show can still do a lot better. It is a shame they did not go for a more refreshing story but instead safely followed their formula, which overall makes for not a very outstanding season, even being a little predictable. The season will probably be remembered by fans as that mediocre religious season, but mostly it will be remembered by the daring cliffhanger it had, which hopefully brings us a brilliant seventh season next year. Read full review here: http://777.webklik.nl/page/dexter Expand
  30. Jan 9, 2012
    The fist half of this season was amazing. BUT, the second half, with perhaps a few expectations was such a missed oppurtunity, and a big let down. Brother Sam was a great character though, and his story was great.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    If there's a TV writers' version of Stockholm syndrome, Dexter is Exhibit A.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Oct 3, 2011
    After a lively and appealingly hilarious premiere, Dexter goes entirely off the rails with two episodes hobbled by clumsy victims-of-the-week and then crushed with endless repetition of the core theme.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Oct 3, 2011
    Having peaked a few seasons back in the amazing John Lithgow season, Showtime's hit Dexter at least seems to be enjoying itself as year six kicks off.