• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.3

1. Dec 11, 2012
    Season 7 is a frustrating mixed bag. Just when you think the show will hit its stride, it falters with weak plot devices and laughable dialogue (the inner monologues have become eye-rolling groan fests). I'm a huge fan of the series, but the show is past it's expiration date.
  2. Nov 22, 2012
    How many seasons is it gonna go through playing the same old plot out again and again. Dexter finds a girl. Dexter almost gets caught. Dexter kills some people. Repeat. If this shows doesn't end this season and he doesn't finally gets caught I'm out...
  3. Jul 1, 2013
    honestly i didnt like this season and couldnt find anything markable. this season was diffrent but not good.
    i wanted to see some actions but dexter and fellas do nothing, exept debra's F-words storrytelling is garbage!
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What happened to the writers??? This season was what we were waiting for for so long and the result is just a huge disappointment and a waste of talents! The script is so poor compare to the previous seasons that for the fist time I do not even want to know what is coming next. The story with the Ukrainian mob is just depressingly common, barely worthy of a regular police TV show. The whole story and dialogues are highly predictable and even worse, it is as if the actors themselves are completely bored by it judging from their poor performances. Finally the new Debra is totally boring and the so-called 'romance' between Dexter and the woman-killer is just too easy and was predictable from the beginning. Let's just hope they will try to make it better by the end of the season... Expand
  5. Feb 17, 2013
    This is the first season of Dexter where I actually felt disappointed. Up until this season, I thought the show was perfect. This season felt a little disjointed. Quinn was literally without purpose towards the end of the season, Dexter felt a little too out of character, and I honestly can't stand this new love interest he has. I enjoyed the Ukrainian gangster plot, but as just things gotThis is the first season of Dexter where I actually felt disappointed. Up until this season, I thought the show was perfect. This season felt a little disjointed. Quinn was literally without purpose towards the end of the season, Dexter felt a little too out of character, and I honestly can't stand this new love interest he has. I enjoyed the Ukrainian gangster plot, but as just things got interesting, Isaac was killed off. In all honesty it felt like the writers didn't know what they wanted to do with the story, and most of the time it didn't really feel like I was watching Dexter. A shame because I loved the series up until this point. Collapse
  6. Sep 30, 2013
    good start strong first episodes (they could expand the discovering part but they rushed it ...but still passable but then too many sub story lines without a complete developing of all of them the story lost focus... also the "chemistry" explanaition is not that strong.
  7. Aug 15, 2013
    Unquestionably better than season 6 though still undeniably disappointing, we're given a number of interesting plot devices though not much is happening with it all.
    First off, there's a the "tragic romance" factor without much sense of tragedy Dexter has with the new beautiful and mysterious, though dangerous and deadly Hannah Mckay, which is gag inducingly cheesy and predictable, while being completely uninteresting, making absolutely no sense, nor giving any sense of loss when it all comes to an inevitable end.
    Second, we're introduced to the most dangerous, lethal, and powerful villain the show has had to offer yet, who happens to be hellbent on revenge against Dexter, though nothing is done with him, and there's a sudden out of character development causing this man to come crawling to Dexter for help, who seemingly forgot about his "unstoppable" need for revenge just the day before.
    To top it all off we're still plagued with all of the old, uninteresting supporting character we never cared about in the first place who are still given far to much to do within the series.
    The one saving grace we're given other than Michael C. Hall's usual brilliant performance, is the new turn of events in which Dexter's foster sister, Debra, is now in on Dexter's secret, though her inability to live with the consequences of her actions and the actions she allows by Dexter's hand causes her great amounts of pain and inner turmoil which could potentially cause their once close relationship to be entirely severed.
    Ultimately though, it just doesn't live up to a few of its previous seasons.
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    this seventh season of dexter the quality of the series dropped again but that does not mean it is still a good series, though the season was not so good so it had another great end.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Oct 4, 2012
    Structurally, the whole thing feels fresh again, and even if I have doubts about how the writers will wring two worthy seasons out of the new dynamics (Showtime has committed to airing at least one more season), the three 2012 episodes I've seen efficiently pulled me back in.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2012
    The game changer sets season 7 on an exciting new course. [8 Oct 2012, p.60]
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 1, 2012
    [Deb's new] knowledge, and the way it alters Dexter and Deb's relationship, shakes the series out of the doldrums it's been in for several years now.