• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
8.4

1. Oct 8, 2012
    For me Season 7 is the most interesting this show has ever been after having watched two episodes. I've always been a fan of Dexter although it felt as if it was getting more and more uninteresting. Now that his sister knows who he really is we are learning more about Dexter's character than ever before. Both episodes had creepy breathtaking moments where we could see Dexter at his best.For me Season 7 is the most interesting this show has ever been after having watched two episodes. I've always been a fan of Dexter although it felt as if it was getting more and more uninteresting. Now that his sister knows who he really is we are learning more about Dexter's character than ever before. Both episodes had creepy breathtaking moments where we could see Dexter at his best. On the downside scenes of the rest of the team has been working on have been quite boring. But there are definitely more things to come with LaGuerta looking into the killing of Doakes and Louis Greene trying to ruin Dexter's life. I'm really excited and can't wait for the next episodes. Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    the one thing that always been proved that however know Dexter secrete is ether dead or gone but this time its different Cuz this is Debra **** morgan this time there is someone who's not going anywhere ,,, I think all Dexter fan dig this and as always the writers always show us that therre is a story here about the Ukrainian mob and whatever,,,, they show us that this is not some lamethe one thing that always been proved that however know Dexter secrete is ether dead or gone but this time its different Cuz this is Debra **** morgan this time there is someone who's not going anywhere ,,, I think all Dexter fan dig this and as always the writers always show us that therre is a story here about the Ukrainian mob and whatever,,,, they show us that this is not some lame drama show this show is about a serial killer ( a good one ) always been always will be and all the drama is just a side story .......................... Expand
  3. Oct 1, 2012
    This is the "Dexter" that I missed last season. Yeah, the killers were interesting, but there wasn't any real interesting developments with the main characters; obviously this season is different. I can't wait to see where the story goes.
  4. Oct 16, 2012
    Alas, the dreaded moment dexter has been avoiding his entire life has come to pass, and its every bit of a rollar coaster that we could wish for, this season delivers on all levels (so far) and i can't wait to see how it pans out.
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    Dexter probably is the one of the greatest shows ever made and this season shows that. The relationship between dexter and deb,the drama,the action,the horror all are amazing filled with breathtaking moments and excellent acting and directing
  6. Dec 11, 2012
    Season 7 is a frustrating mixed bag. Just when you think the show will hit its stride, it falters with weak plot devices and laughable dialogue (the inner monologues have become eye-rolling groan fests). I'm a huge fan of the series, but the show is past it's expiration date.
  7. Nov 25, 2012
    Not to be rated after one or two episodes because while starts off well it turns into the dreadful contrived mess that S6 turned out to be. Boring love interest, ridiculous plot turn of a crime writer appearing from nowhere. After a great first few episodes they've just given up (again!).
  8. rah
    Oct 15, 2012
    After what seemed like an incompetent 2 seasons, Dexter finally finds its stride with Deb's new revelation. The combination of the brother-sister dynamic, moral ambiguity, and suspenseful plot have us waiting to see what will happen week after week. Based on the first three episodes and Michael C. Hall's incredible performance, I can tell this season will prove one of the more interestingAfter what seemed like an incompetent 2 seasons, Dexter finally finds its stride with Deb's new revelation. The combination of the brother-sister dynamic, moral ambiguity, and suspenseful plot have us waiting to see what will happen week after week. Based on the first three episodes and Michael C. Hall's incredible performance, I can tell this season will prove one of the more interesting and more entertaining seasons in Dexter's history. I highly recommend watching this phenomenal season and phenomenal show. Dexter is without a doubt, back on top. Expand
  9. Oct 11, 2012
    So good! But I'm concerned as to what is actually going to happen to Dexter once people figure out his secret...where will the plot go from there? The fact that no know knew about Dexter and his dark passenger gave something to the show but now that Debra knows will this mean that some part of the show will be compromised although I understand that this had to happen.
  10. Oct 29, 2012
    Season 1 was excellent but S7 has squandered an excellent opportunity to delve into humanity. What the (amaterish) writers have done is given us melodramatic rubbish. Deba is annoying in what she does and the show is now annoying too
  11. Nov 22, 2012
    How many seasons is it gonna go through playing the same old plot out again and again. Dexter finds a girl. Dexter almost gets caught. Dexter kills some people. Repeat. If this shows doesn't end this season and he doesn't finally gets caught I'm out...
  12. Jan 19, 2013
    One of the best seasons till date. One of the most interesting developments: Deb's relationship with her brother. She's become as important as Dexter for me. A brilliant character soooo very well played that I don´t understand why Jennifer Carpenter is not collecting emmys at home.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    After a not-so-extraordinary season 6, Dexter is back! With a bang! Courtesy to an amazing new storyline, a talented supporting cast (including Yvonne Strahovski as Hannah McKay & Ray Stevenson as Isaak Sirko), an absolutely brilliant performance by Jennifer Carpenter (definitely worth an Emmy nomination), and a perfect performance by Micheal C. Hall! Glad the show finally made theseAfter a not-so-extraordinary season 6, Dexter is back! With a bang! Courtesy to an amazing new storyline, a talented supporting cast (including Yvonne Strahovski as Hannah McKay & Ray Stevenson as Isaak Sirko), an absolutely brilliant performance by Jennifer Carpenter (definitely worth an Emmy nomination), and a perfect performance by Micheal C. Hall! Glad the show finally made these changes, and finally after the 4th season, we get to see the Dexter that we all missed! Cant wait for Season 8! Expand
  14. May 21, 2013
    I loved the first 5 seasons of Dexter, as each one developped a new side of his personality (even if according to the man himself "he only has one level"). We got to know him as a serial killer with a dark childhood, then as an addict trying to cover his tracks. Season three saw him as a family man and loving father to be and season four trying to juggle too many roles. There were manyI loved the first 5 seasons of Dexter, as each one developped a new side of his personality (even if according to the man himself "he only has one level"). We got to know him as a serial killer with a dark childhood, then as an addict trying to cover his tracks. Season three saw him as a family man and loving father to be and season four trying to juggle too many roles. There were many funny moments, until the unexpected demise of innocent Rita. However, season 5, with his theme of redemption and the introduction of another innocent character was also pretty interesting. I also liked the Deb-Quinn relationship, on the same path of redemption.

Unfortunately it was downhill from there. Season 6 was risible with its Biblical killings and some of the worse investigative work ever. Not to mention the ghosts.... But this season was terrible. It lacked focus, moving from Ukrainian mob to sexy female killer to arsonist. The love stories were atrociously bad and cliche'. Once again Dexter thinks he found another serial killer who can "understand him" and love him the way he is. Of course, it does not hurt that said female killer could also be a model.

All females in Dexter are stereotype pretty, with perfect features and gorgeous bodies. Plastic girls with plastic souls, therefore perfect for Miami. So Dexter is happily in love, producing the most cringe-inducing dialogues ever. Quinn is also in love, guess what? With yet another babe, a luscious blonde stripper. Deb may (or may not) be still in love with Dexter. They all lie their way through the whole series. In fact, they lie so much that I found it difficult to keep track and then I lost interest.

I wished intensely for Dexter to get killed by Isaak, or at least for his morally revolting girlfriend to get her pretty face smashed by a baseball bat. But cheating liars don't get as much as a bruise. I wish they pulled the plug on Dexter in season 5. Serial killers should not get to live happily ever after and this story is dragging on and getting extremely repetitive. What is worse, is not even remotely funny as it used to be.
  15. Jan 2, 2013
    A great season since the fourth excellent writing and acting keep it up..team Dexter :) 1.) Micheal C. Hall is excellent as always.
    2.) Guest star Ray Stevenson is steals the show.
  16. Jul 27, 2013
    Much better than the previous season. There are several interesting dynamics in this season. The relationship between Deb and Dexter and then the complication of Hannah is very interesting. Also this season does what the other seasons really don't do. It makes a villain seem very human. Unlike in other seasons were the big serial killers of the season were pure evil or close to pure evilMuch better than the previous season. There are several interesting dynamics in this season. The relationship between Deb and Dexter and then the complication of Hannah is very interesting. Also this season does what the other seasons really don't do. It makes a villain seem very human. Unlike in other seasons were the big serial killers of the season were pure evil or close to pure evil both Hannah and Isaak's characters are in ways relatable and are much more morally ambiguous. Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2012
    "Dexter is the show more exciting, dramatic and elaborate ever seen. And this season is unique as is each season,
    Dexter is no longer a secret, tries to deal with Debra and the things she discovers ... and a new murderer of a mafia that wants to kill cops ... the story is so great
  18. Oct 27, 2012
    When I started watching Dexter for the first time I was thinking "Wow, this show is going to be amazing," and that statement stayed the same throughout the series until season 6 where it lost nearly all of its intense and surprising moments (Although season 5 did start the downhill trend). After all that I was starting Season 7 with the notion that watching this show might become a choreWhen I started watching Dexter for the first time I was thinking "Wow, this show is going to be amazing," and that statement stayed the same throughout the series until season 6 where it lost nearly all of its intense and surprising moments (Although season 5 did start the downhill trend). After all that I was starting Season 7 with the notion that watching this show might become a chore and there will be nothing left to keep me coming back each episode besides an obligation to see it through to the end, which so happens to be season 8, but man was I in for a surprise. When I started season 7 it was exhilarating! Obviously we knew Debra caught Dexter from last season, but the way they pushed that story forward was crazy. It was something they did not beat around the bush for and the show benefited from that in a big way. Now with the way the first episode ended and how the following episodes are only complicating the situations between Dexter and Debra (in a good way) while also intensifying things on the inside of Miami Metro and with the storyline around the Mafia I can only see this as being one of the greatest seasons. Expand
  19. Oct 28, 2012
    So far so awesome! This season's game changer has brought a level of intensity that has grabbed me attention since the first 5 seconds. 5 episodes in, and I think we have a new "best season" on our hands.
  20. Nov 3, 2012
    Last season had some interesting visual pieces for the show, but otherwise was extremely lackluster and predictable. This season started off with an episode that was somewhat fairly plotted, but with poorly written dialogue. After a bumpy start, I think this season has gotten much better, and seems to be continuing on the right path.
  21. Nov 30, 2012
    Dexter is the fastes hour on TV. I love this season, seems strangley less dark (?) anyway, if you have never watched Dexter, start at season one, you will be hooked. Unless you are offended by profanity or some gore.
  22. Jan 12, 2013
    The season premiere had me more excited than I was after watching the season 2 premiere. Here it was his sister who found him. I think it was the best episode of the show. But they couldn't capitalize on the great start and introduced subplots no one was interested in. I was a bit disappointed and left off after episode 9, and came back after a while only because I could not quit after 7The season premiere had me more excited than I was after watching the season 2 premiere. Here it was his sister who found him. I think it was the best episode of the show. But they couldn't capitalize on the great start and introduced subplots no one was interested in. I was a bit disappointed and left off after episode 9, and came back after a while only because I could not quit after 7 seasons. The last three episodes really redeemed the whole season somewhat, and my score jumped from 7 to 9. The show did not stop short of letting the plot get morally ambiguous. No longer is it about keeping innocent people out of it. This benefited the story. Dexter was never a show about doing what was right. The writers aren't playing safe anymore and that's good to know. Indeed it helped freshen things up. There was a kind of cliffhanger at the end. I'm most certainly coming back for more next season. Expand
  23. Dec 3, 2012
    The race to the end is on for Dexter Morgan in Season 7. With one season remaining, the build-up to the end is evident, especially in recent episodes. The dynamic with his sister Debra is more tense-filled than ever, not to mention his lust for a fellow killer. This is a side of Dexter we haven't seen in years, Season 4 specifically, and taking place directly after the DDK events of SeasonThe race to the end is on for Dexter Morgan in Season 7. With one season remaining, the build-up to the end is evident, especially in recent episodes. The dynamic with his sister Debra is more tense-filled than ever, not to mention his lust for a fellow killer. This is a side of Dexter we haven't seen in years, Season 4 specifically, and taking place directly after the DDK events of Season 6 places us right in the middle of all the action. The walls are beginning to close in, and in Season 7, we are seeing it happen. Expand
  24. Feb 27, 2013
    After watching all seasons and being disappointed with season 6....we are back on track now for some REAL Dexter action. This season is awesome, I'm three episodes in and can't wait to see the next one. I'm hooked again!
  25. Oct 18, 2013
    I want to give this season an 8.5... but there is no such option...
    Anyways, getting to my point: I loved this season! After 2 years of disappointment, Dexter has made a comeback and got my hopes up for a terrible follow-up in season 8.
    If you want to enjoy the series, end here and pretend it ended on a good note ;D
  26. Dec 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This seventh season has a spicy tone than last season and actors like Yvonne Strahovski & Ray Stevenson are excellent, and brings a poetic touch that is sometimes lacking in dialogue with American actors. Expand
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    I was going to write this show off after season six since I thought that the series was going nowhere and was quite boring. But I needed to watch season seven at least the first few episodes because of the big cliff hanger at the end of season six. Needless to say, I'm glad I watched the whole season because the series redeemed itself with this season.
  28. Dec 9, 2012
    I admit I was a little worrried because after reading the plot online, It seemed like a poor season with lack of a good villain. However, after watching a few episodes and realizing that the main villaini is played by Ray Stevenson, All my worries went away. Only two episodes in but it has been pretty solid so far.
  29. Nov 11, 2012
    This series was good for one whole episode. It gave me confidence that we were finally on course for a season like 1, 2, or 4, but no such luck. We are back to season 5 and 6's paint by numbers, yawnfest, tedious melodrama filler. When a series is lumped with shows like Homeland, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, and Walking dead there is an expectation that it shouldn't rather beThis series was good for one whole episode. It gave me confidence that we were finally on course for a season like 1, 2, or 4, but no such luck. We are back to season 5 and 6's paint by numbers, yawnfest, tedious melodrama filler. When a series is lumped with shows like Homeland, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, and Walking dead there is an expectation that it shouldn't rather be lumped with the Wiggles. Expand
  30. Jul 1, 2013
    honestly i didnt like this season and couldnt find anything markable. this season was diffrent but not good.
    i wanted to see some actions but dexter and fellas do nothing, exept debra's F-words storrytelling is garbage!

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Oct 4, 2012
    Structurally, the whole thing feels fresh again, and even if I have doubts about how the writers will wring two worthy seasons out of the new dynamics (Showtime has committed to airing at least one more season), the three 2012 episodes I've seen efficiently pulled me back in.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2012
    The game changer sets season 7 on an exciting new course. [8 Oct 2012, p.60]
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 1, 2012
    [Deb's new] knowledge, and the way it alters Dexter and Deb's relationship, shakes the series out of the doldrums it's been in for several years now.