• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
5.5

1. Oct 14, 2014
    It was the worst one. The show was dragging unimportant things and nothing good was happening at all. Got so bored watching this, had to watch all these episode to reach at an equally disappointing end.
  2. Oct 8, 2014
    The fans of Dexter hated this season more than the critics, and the ratings went down south as soon as the show ended. Dexter might have ended poorly, but people are still forgetting the great plot points before the end.
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    A great show with a bad conclusion. They should have shot a few endings and chosen the best one. Instead, the ending is so unbelievable its almost funny. This is a semi-spoiler but here's a better ending, he jumps in with Deb because he realizes he loves her too and can't go on without her. Where's my Emmy?
  4. Aug 24, 2014
    It probably doesn't quite satisfy every body..but what endings ever do? I think they ended it pretty well considering 8 seasons is a long time to keep a drama fresh especially after the outstanding first season...Some of the characters didn't get the attention I had hoped, some of the wrap ups maybe a little tardy but overall an excellent series....I was quite sad to see it finish...but all good things come to an end. I will be on the watch out for Dexter actors in other TV in the future. Michael C Hall and Lauren Velez , I have seen in other series..but the rest no... Expand
  5. Aug 11, 2014
    Is this the worst season of scripted dramatic television of all tine? Yes, yes it is. Its stupid, boring, nonsensical, laughable, and anticlimactic. True Story: one time i told a friends the ending of this show, and he thought i was telling a joke. Yeah its that bad.
  6. Jul 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Even with some great tension that arises early in the season, the overall presentation is sloppy and a botched attempt at finding an ending that will be a slap in the face for most fans/viewers. Expand
  7. Jun 20, 2014
    this was possibly the worst season of a television show that i have ever seen. the whole season was a disaster. the characters were not the same the writing was horrible and the plot was unbelievable. good thing the writers made up for it in the worst series finale of a show i have ever seen.
  8. Jun 4, 2014
    Do I even have to go over how horribly written this final season was? And I don't just mean the finale, either. Almost the entire time I felt myself struggling to even stay focused. The entire character of Dr. Vogel was a colossal waste. Oh and I'm sure you've all heard about the numerous awful plot hololes that plagued the finale, but I'd like to add one I saw in the episode before: How the f#%@ did a FEDERAL MARSHAL fail to recognize Saxxon after his face had been all over TV for almost 2 days? The only reason I gave this season even 1 point was that Dexter stabbing Saxxon with the pen was kinda cool. Aside from that, entire season was garbage. Expand
  9. May 28, 2014
    To be honest, the season started strong , I was really liking it at the beginning but that time period of enjoyment was ephemeral. The ad for the last season should have started with "Experience the downfall of one the best shows and see how true it is that you can turn anything into garbage if you put your mind to it , assuming the writers had what we refer to as a mind at that time'. Dexter was one of my favourite shows especially throughout the 1st 4 seasons but then began the decline of what could' ve been.......the best of the best. Season 7 was strong and I thought it was steering Dexter back on a good path and this season started strong to with a lot changes and issues at hand but then it just became boring and the last episode was just pathetic , anyone could haveve written a better last episode than that. All I have to say is Dexter was one the best shows easily but this final season turned the whole show into ashes. Expand
  10. May 10, 2014
    This series is even worse than I expected. It could easily be mistaken for a demented soap opera. Almost each episode is chock full of cringe-inducing scenes and dialogues. To mention but a few: Vogels inviting all her darling serial killers for dinner; Hanna and Deb becoming best pals; love as the cure for the psychotic urge to kill...

The Vogel character started out well but after a
    couple of episodes turned into the worst shrink ever. Hannah was thrown back in the show with one of the worst plot twists ever (Darling Dexter I need you help to kill my husband..... Actually not, I can do it on my own)

As an ex fan of Dexter, I decided to watch the final season even if reviews were pretty bad, but I must admit that even bad reviews did not prepare me for a disaster of such a proportion.
  11. Mar 26, 2014
    Dexter was a great show for the first five seasons... this review is based on the last two seasons but primarily the last episode. What were they thinking? Without question the worst ending to a series ever written. Want to learn how to 'unravel' a legacy? watch the last two seasons... for shame.
  12. Mar 18, 2014
    I think they tried to cram too much into one season and it just did not work. The main serial killer was very lack-luster and no where near as good or compelling as the others. Adding all this backstory for Dexter, as well as other characters who stopped being useful many seasons ago (Angel and Masuka) now was pointless as well, Especially when they had 7 previous seasons to do so, It was really unneeded. And as for the series finale, I didn't mind it but it definitely was poorly executed and was a huge disappointment to send off such a great series in a poor way.

Overall, I wouldn't say it's the worst season of the show but it was definitely the most disappointing.
  13. Mar 18, 2014
    Most embarrassing TV season of any show ever. I can't believe the actors/actresses didn't have the guts to stand up for themselves and demand a re-write of the season script... that's how bad it was.
  14. Jan 26, 2014
    What happened? Why? Who wrote this season? These are the only questions I get after this 8th, final, awful season. The apotheosis of absurd with all the incongruity you can only imagine. It changed the nature of Dex, the thin red line of the story. Why why why.... Answers?
  15. Jan 21, 2014
    Boycotting Scott Buck forever. Worst series finale I have ever watched in my life. I feel like the should make another episode and fix it. Then Scott Buck should publicly apologize for that crap. I'd give the season a zero but the with the exception of the series finale it wasn't that bad.
  16. Jan 5, 2014
    This is a really good show for anyone who likes crime TV and a good drama/thriller. However, the last 2 seasons are really, really bad. You could skip them entirely and probably be fine with the ending of season 6. It's probably a better ending to the show than the actual ending. The last 2 seasons were obviously rushed and the writing suffered severely. Lot's of characters that should have never been introduced, terrible side plots, and main plots. Avoid the last 2 seasons, just watch season 1-6. Otherwise, the show is great, seasons 1-4 are really good, seasons 5 and 6 are okay but still good if you are a fan of the show. Expand
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    I can say that, I like the final season and finale overall. Might be the best season of 'Dexter' there is. I rushed threw this season in 1 day and it was worth it. I adore this show. It is one of the bests overall.
  18. Nov 18, 2013
    This season can be summed up as two words: The Finale. If the season wasn't bad enough, the finale screams "I'M TERRIBLE!". As you can see the User Score for this season is the only one that dips deep into Yellow territory while every other season was in bright green. That enough should tell you something is clearly wrong with this season. Don't bother watching it and having the series completely ruined for you. If you MUST watch it, DO. NOT. WATCH. THE. FINALE. You will thank me in the long run! Expand
  19. Oct 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really know how I feel about it. It was OK before it became better. The final episodes picked up the pace. Not really sure about the finale, though. Dexter has always been more than just a human being. He's the perfect psychopath. Here he turned sissy which cost him very dearly. When Debra dies and he takes her out to the sea, I was expecting him to just sail on into the storm, but no. He throws her into the sea and then fakes his death. I don't get it. If this was the most important person in his life, he should have just died with her. And if she was replaced by someone else, he shouldn't have taken all the trouble of faking his death and just hopped on a plane to Argentina. Or, better (at least in my opinion), Hannah being cute and likeable notwithstanding, this was a show primarily about the Morgans. Dexter should have died, or turned himself in. Deb should have been discovered and fled the country with Harrison. As about Hannah, who gives a f***? The ending looked to be inspired by Dark Knight Rises.

The reason I liked Dexter so much was he could take decisions no one can in real life, at least not legally. You don't let your enemies live. That is what Dexter should have learned after Rita's death. But no, he had to go and have his sister killed. Looking to build a life for himself, deserting his kid sister, who clearly would always need him, especially after what he had put her through. He should have just killed her immediately after she discovered him with the Doomsday Killer. Then he had the shamelessness to save himself and fake his death. Fake it. How lame? Could it not have moved more away from reality? He should either have sailed into the storm or confessed to his crimes, extolling Deb's virtue or something. How could you let yourself live on if you know you are the cause of your own sibling's death? I mean, what the f***? Or, he could have sailed on into the ocean until his fuel ran out. And due to the storm, no one would look for him, and there, he could starve to death, with Deb's body by his side, and reflect on how he ****ed up her life.

And... f*** Hannah Mckay. Did Dexter truly trust Harrison with her than with the boy's aunt, or his grandparents, or half-siblings for that matter? Some of the most mind-boggling decisions and plot holes. He always left Harrison with Jaime but he left him with a woman who everyone is looking for and could easily put the kid in jeopardy. So disappointing I do not have words for it. Completely ruined the show for me. I can't recommend it to anyone knowing how it would end.
  20. Oct 19, 2013
    What's happened to dexter? What was once a unique and incredibly interesting is now showing its signs of old age. After 8 seasons it is definitely time to end the show. A show that deserved to go out with a bang sadly disappointed and I feel underwhelmed.
  21. Oct 19, 2013
    the eighth and final season of dexter was the most disappointing of the series, this season uses things that did not make sense to use, the series had an ending for everything and it ended up disappointing me a lot, dexter had the potential to have a good ending.
  22. Oct 18, 2013
    Severe disappointment, especially after the season 7 comeback. It started off with a solid 4 episodes, then immediately began to veer off-track. Forget hoping for a good finale! The last year consistently disappointed fans with each succeeding episode. Our hopes were up for nothing. Where this show began as one of the greatest dramas in television history, it overstayed its welcome and has long since fallen from that status. Expand
  23. Oct 16, 2013
    Despite getting off to a fantastic start the eight season of Dexter began to fail around the 8th episode. The Dexter-Hannah dynamic did not work this season and the writing for the last couple of episodes was pretty poor. That said, Vogel was a very interesting character and did manage to fill in plot wholes and Deb's character progression throughout the season and her progression of learning to trust Dexter was very interesting. Expand
  24. Oct 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Underwhelming and disapointing to no end. This is what happens when a studio takes a great show and replaces its amazing storyline with a serious case if bad writing. Througout the entire episode I couldn't stop saying "what the hell?" to everything that seemed strange and just illogical to me. Dexter used to be one of the best shows on television, but now, there isn't much to like about the ending. The only workd I can use to describe the finalie of Dexter is "disapointing." Here's some advice, if you're thinking about watching Dexter and you've never seen it before, stop at Season 4. Every other season is just mediocre bull-crap Expand
  25. Oct 10, 2013
    This season doesn't deserve a review, its that bad, i almost regret watching this entire show thats how bad this season was. i would give it less then a 0 if i could.
  26. Oct 10, 2013
    Wow. what was that Dexter Writers, these people are just terrible and never deserve to get jobs again, this season was just terrible. I hope i never have to see this again.
  27. Oct 10, 2013
    A very very very bad season, after 7 amazing seasons, yes, i even liked 6, but this season just said screw it, and slapped the fans in the face. They gave us one of the worst seasons ever.
  28. Oct 10, 2013
    A disgrace to what was once one of the best shows on TV, the season was unforgivable bad. Nothing about it was good, This use to be one of the best shows on TV, this season is one of the worst ever.
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    The Final Season of my beloved Dexter serious deserves less than a 0. Horrible season. Constant bad and silly writing. Season 1-4 were great. 5-7 are mediocre. 8 is a total letdown.
  30. Oct 6, 2013
    I don't think they could fit any more cliches or predictable story lines than they did in Dexter's final season. Like many good shows, Dexter went three years too long and finished with a thud. Hours of crapola.
  31. Oct 2, 2013
    Just awful has no redeeming qualities, everything was just so different in uncomfortable ways, especially Harrison, GOD IS HE ANNOYING OR WHAT? Awful send off for the show just went on FAR TOO LONG. Not pleased, if you're a new Dexter watcher I suggest you just watch seasons 1-6 they are actually good especially seasons 1-4 it all went to after season 6.
  32. Oct 1, 2013
    The worst season of Dexter, by far. It's like the writers, producers and actors didn't care anymore. The first 4 seasons made Dexter a very good/excellent series. The last 4 season, especially that last one, killed the legacy. What a let down.
  33. Sep 28, 2013
    WORST SEASON IN DEXTER HISTORY! were the writers drunk? too romantic who cares who loves who and who hates who lets see some action instead of dexter becoming soft and talking about Argentina half the time and not even showing up. O hey Saxton i have a knife but its ok ill let ya go i dont wanna kill I'm retarded
  34. Sep 28, 2013
    A sad ending of Dexter. An ending that can only be explained by "Dexter"'s creator: why couldn't he just be happy? Dexter is a beloved killer. A choking finale when Debra gets worse by the time Dexter has feelings for the first time and he has to release her into the ocean. A good final kill by Dexter, the one that he just couldn't let go at this point. The final scene is a little bit confusing could have Dexter survived to the hurricane or was that Harrison years after? And what's the meaning of the scene? Almost cried on this final episode, true history...One of the best tv series ever. Expand
  35. Sep 27, 2013
    The final episode of Dexter was poorly executed. I sort of felt the entire series was a bit cut and run to be honest but at least they took a final stab at it.
  36. Sep 25, 2013
    Don't watch this season if you like good writing. Don't watch this season if you like Dexter. Don't watch this season if you hate lumberjacks either. It's like the producers pulled the writers of the last five seasons of The Simpsons together and forced them to watch the Star Wars prequels for days on end before forcing them to write for this show. It's a disappointment in every sense of the word.
  37. Sep 25, 2013
    What a mess of a season.Dexter has been on a slow decline since the end of Season 4, but Season 8 has been a lighting spiral to the bottom. The lazy writing displayed this season rivals the stupidity of Fox' The Following. I once considered Dexter as one of the better dramas in TV history, but the last few seasons, especially this season, have knocked it into 2nd tier status. What a lackluster way to end things, only a diehard in denial could have found this season enjoyable. Expand
  38. Sep 24, 2013
    I was a big fan of the series, I absolutely loved season 1-4 but ever since it has gone way downhill and season 8 is the worst season of them all. It is a massive disappointment that completely ruins the entire show. The entire final season was boring, unintelligent and cheap, especially the final episode. The final episode of this once so brilliant show is awful, I cannot believe that a great show like this can get such a horrible ending. Expand
  39. Sep 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A sad, tragic end to a series that went on two or three seasons too long. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the final moments, because I did very much. If you can suspend many beliefs about the acts of Mr. Dexter Morgan and try to enjoy the character interactions, I would recommend it to almost anyone. It's impossible it seems to be utterly satisfied with all of the poor writing throughout the show but its somber conclusion to me is probably the best one and is sure to satisfy those who wanted to see Dexter ruined, those who wanted to see him live and those who wanted to see him move beyond his killer instincts. Expand
  40. Sep 24, 2013
    If you find yourself laughing in the final moments of a serious drama series, you know that something as gone awry. The final season could not have been further from what should have been expected. There was no closure, unnecessary plot "twists" and all around sloppy writing. I feel absolutely robbed having watched 8 seasons to have it closed out like that.
  41. Sep 24, 2013
    A weak season overall with no sense of danger throughout. But it's still Dexter. The final episode was very powerful but as is often the case with finale's, very controversial. I do think Dexter should have ended a while ago but it's still a treat to watch.
  42. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The final chapter is one of the worse chapters I have witness in the story of entertainment.

Looking for Hanna? Yeah lets go outside with my bright yellow hair and not even sunglasses on. For a smart fugitive that is utterly moronic.

Then we have the ninja private detective. Paranoid fugitive doesn't notice him to be sit half meters away until the bus start running; and just because he brought her attention.

Did you kill somebody inside a police department? Don't worry bro, sure the judge have no questions for ya' you are good to go hermano.

My sister is dead? Better desecrate her body. F_ck the rest of our friends and the great funeral she would have got.

My son is away? F_ck that little b*tch too. No dad emotional or financial support for you.

So better drive my boat into a tornado and kill myself; and use my superpowers to get out of there and stay in my cabin forever afterwards.

Is like the writers got drunks and wrote the worse script possible. Seriously, where did they hire those people? There are fan made seasons which are way more elaborate.
  43. Sep 23, 2013
    the final season, especially the final episode, was very very dissapointing. i can't believe they ruined 7 years of work with such bad writing. im hugely dissaponed.
  44. Sep 23, 2013
    Finally this terrible season has come to an end! Whoever kidnapped the Dexter from season 1-4 needed to bring him back to make this sorry season somewhat better. I never thought i would rate this low for a Dexter season but this one deserves it.
  45. Sep 23, 2013
    A scintillating ending; the show just paid of in just one episode and boy, you will be breathless. Goodbye dexter. Michael c.hall and the entire cast and crew of dexter, thank you very,very much. No one can even ever imagine a series like dexter. Marvelous.
  46. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is very sad to see Dexter limp to the finish line. The end started after Rita was killed off it lost the opportunity to have Dexter try and balance his family life and maintain his ongoing commitment to the Code. And the way this season started out with Debra already having quit the police force and the murder of LaGureta was already solved. It would have made for better TV viewing if Debra was having to investigate her murder when she was the one who killed LaGureta as Dexter watched. But to no avail what we get is a mish-mash of new characters who don't have time to develop, etc... very sad to see a once great show where the writers, cast, etc.. have just mailed it in

On the other hand "Breaking Bad" is going out in a blaze of glory. Yea
  47. Sep 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season COULD have been great. The previous season, in my opinion the best since season 4, left us with the perfect starting point for what could have been a climactic final run for Dexter. Yet Season 8 starts things off by immediately jumping ahead, cheapening the experience and impact of LaGuerta's death, Dexter's mess, and Deb's dilemma, while simultaneously diffusing all sense of tension and finality. While these aspects are explored in the initial episodes, particularly the impact on Deb, it's not nearly as satisfying as it could have been.

Season 8 is filled to the brim with questionable direction, writing, and pacing. Far too much time has been devoted to the meaningless arcs of side characters, not to mention the screen time eaten up by Harrison Morgan I realize he's just a kid, but as far as child actors go, this is one of the worst I've ever seen. The treadmill scene was hilariously awful. I just can't take the show seriously whenever he opens his mouth.

Dr. Vogl comes across as a convenient (and sudden) addition to the plot, but the role she played in Dexter's 'creation' seems to be more of a deus ex machina than anything else. I, for one, never felt particularly invested in her story or what she added to the fabric of the show. Zach Hamilton was an even more questionable addition to the cast and overall arc of the series, considering his untimely demise and utter lack of resolution.

As I'm writing this, we have one episode left of Dexter, and there's simply no way this mess of a season can be tied together with any semblance of cohesion. Which is a shame, considering how great the show was in its infancy.
  48. Sep 14, 2013
    Dexter has taken a disappointing turn from its darker roots, turning Dexter from a ruthless psychopath into just another emotionally charged criminal, with a bizarre sense of justice. Dexter doesn't question our ethics like it used to, or take basic humane morality and flip it on its head anymore. Dexter Morgan is still a watchable character on his own, as is his foster sister Debra, but every other interaction in the entire series from their co-workers to their closest friends are just as plodding and mindless to watch as ever, acting as padding to fill in the spots between the genuine points of interest.
    New characters act as interesting diversions, though the series as a whole seems to have lost its ethical edge. We're no longer seeing Dexter's actions as a cruel sense of justice and questioning just how necessary his actions really are in shaping a better world, killing is just something he does, now.
    Now note I'm writing this two episodes shy of the series finale, and it appears as though things are about to really pick up, but for now, I'm only writing from what I've seen so far.
  49. Sep 13, 2013
    Soooo disappointed, even the acting is bad, I wonder is there was a change in directing. Dex is doing a lot of stupid moves, dialogs are so weak, this season should have never been made, it's more a soap opera, too bad I had great hopes for this season.
    I'm sure than next year, we'll have some B-series TV show called Harry's Chronicle or sth with a lot of psychopaths
  50. Sep 9, 2013
    Easily the worst season yet, though I can't say I've enjoyed the series for some time. It's hard to care about any of the characters and the story has become so silly and very hard to believe. Pure garbage.
  51. Aug 27, 2013
    This season of Dexter has to be the worst yet. It's a diabolical mess of incident-free scenes, poorly edited and clumsily written. I don't care about any of the characters any more because whatever happens to them, seems to not matter in the long run. Story lines are just thrown away in exchange for new characters and irrelevant sub-plots.

This is TV at it's most disappointing. Dexter
    had some fantastic early seasons, but has come down to be one of the most unfortunate in TV history. Expand
  52. Aug 13, 2013
    First of all I would like to start saying that I loved Dexter on the first 5 Seasons 5-7 I tolerated him and on 8th I hated him :P
    Why ?
    It's very simple. In my opinion Michael C. Hall doesn't seem to have the same energy and passion to the Dexter's role as he used to have in the first seasons. Also the rest of the cast are also mediocre. As a viewer this pisses me off. Seasons 5-7
    had their moments but until now season 8th doesn't have anything as good as the previous.
    I'm going to continue watch it out of habit any way, but I'm irritated by the fact that a promising show like that has an ending season like this one.
  53. Aug 10, 2013
    Wow, they really messed up this time. Its way too easy to see, that they just prolonged the series because of their financial gain. The story isn't like great shows, fx Game of Thrones, which has a real story with a beginning and a journey with a story to tell. Not just an obvious attempt to keep the viewers in their pocket. It's like they, when they found out they'd earn money on season 8, just conveniently made up this psychologist that made huge reports on Dexter as a child and youngster, even though we have never met her before. This season theme is, like in all other 7, the creation or reveal of Dexter's human side. This time though, it is with the eyes of an unrealistic and cynical psychologist. And like all the other seasons –except maybe for the first 2 there isn’t, so far at least, any development in this changing of Dexter. Really disappointing, they should have thought out this long ago, instead of this post financial security engineering. Really bad season, and by the way, how many serial killers can there be!? We have met countless so far, and... i won't even waste more time writing about this show, that was good in the first 2 seasons, horrible 8th season. Don't watch it. Expand
  54. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is ending much better than I expected, after a couple of weaker seasons. Wonderful to see how Dexter became the monster he says he is. The first few episodes are making me wonder more about his Dark Passenger than I have in years. Great to meet his "mother." Expand
  55. Jul 30, 2013
    To have a protagonist who always gets what he wants with little to no resistance is terrible storytelling. The writers of Dexter appear not to see it this way and it shows more than ever in this final season. Dexter and True Blood are in the same category now. Once great series that have fallen from grace and become utter garbage.
  56. Jul 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I couldn't wait to watch this season and was not disappointed! The writers get off the blocks with a bang and we could literally see the beginning of the end for our beloved serial killer from the very first episode.

The star performer? I would say it was Jennifer Carpenter. Playing the guilt wracked Deb on a path to self destruction, she fits the role to a T. The clarity with which Dexter opens the first episode couldn't end with a bigger contrast towards the end of the episode as he starts losing control and lets his "dark passenger" take over more than just once. Which leads us to the question, "Who is truly on their path to self destruction?" Not even his projections of Harry could rein him this time which sets up an interesting season ahead.
  57. Jul 13, 2013
    »(¯`v´¯)»LOVE»(¯`v´¯)»THIS»(¯`v´¯)»FINALE»(¯`v´¯)»!!! Dr. Frankenstein Lady will be Dexter's end.
    If creators can pull off a show like Dexter where the writers can actually make the audience condone Dexter acts, then deep down inside most of those viewers may prefer vengeance opposed to obeying the law, as long as someone else is doing it of course. That way we can wash our hands from
    guilt, while condoning breaking the law. Oh what a tiny web weave when we practice to deceive. Some Americans also had a sympathetic heart and twisted love affair for Bonnie and Clyde which murdered innocent people and committed felonies, because they seemed like romantic criminals in the category of Romeo and Juliette. We as an audience have become seduced and drawn in by shows like Dexter True Blood and The Bible series which provides us with a mask to become something other than human for a moment. It allows us to disguise our dysfunctional corrupt fantasies that feeds our hunger for blood and vengeance that we may have against our enemies or those we want to take our anger out on. Since we can't commit the crime, we allow the illusion of Hollywood to produce this craving for us and say its just TV. So we wash our hands from guilt and shame. We claim innocent because we are just witnesses to a sick fantasy. But in truth we know that we are curious like the cat. We as an audience desire evil and good, because we are underneath still children with a sweet tooth for eye candy, wanting Scandal. Whether the show is sympathizing to glorify murderers attempting to see harm come to the innocent for the greater good, remember its just TV and innocent entertainment. We root for the sadistic psycho Hannibal Lector serial killer as the hero for a season, because even murderers have feelings, family and enemies just like Norman Bates---Psycho! These comments is not to be taken seriously, its also FICTION Expand
  58. Jul 8, 2013
    Shaping up to be a great final season to one of the best shows of the last 10 years. Cant wait to see how it plays out with Deb on a downward spiral and Vogel now entering the equation and Hannah bound to pop up sooner or later.
  59. Jul 3, 2013
    In one first episode I already hate Deb, look for the new psycho to beat and I'm quite interested in that old woman.
    I was afraid after all these seasons to be disappointed, but it's just the begining and I'm waiting for the next one. And that's good!
  60. Jun 30, 2013
    The premiere was a strong start to what I believe will be an even stronger season. The spiraling downfall of the main characters is truly remarkable and sinister. With James gandolfini dead and the endings of dexter and breaking bad this summer, it feels like an era of television is coming to an end. Dexters finale will be iconic, I guarantee it.
  61. Jun 30, 2013
    A better start than season 7 with convincing new characters, Dexter still seek something he didn't found in the entire series and there is some clues he'll find it til the series finale.
    There is some flops but nothing there will pull down the quality.

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Jul 1, 2013
    Interestingly, Dexter settled into a groove that suggested it could go on for years.... If Dexter regains its eerie footing (and it appears it will), look for it to explode in the final weeks. Sunday's edition says the surprises have just begun.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jun 28, 2013
    This could all pay off spectacularly. [8 Jul 2013, p.36]
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jun 28, 2013
    Rampling brings her primly authoritative presence and a stern look to the task. Her scenes with Hall crackle with tension.