• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
5.5

1. Jul 13, 2013
    »(¯`v´¯)»LOVE»(¯`v´¯)»THIS»(¯`v´¯)»FINALE»(¯`v´¯)»!!! Dr. Frankenstein Lady will be Dexter's end.
    If creators can pull off a show like Dexter where the writers can actually make the audience condone Dexter acts, then deep down inside most of those viewers may prefer vengeance opposed to obeying the law, as long as someone else is doing it of course. That way we can wash our hands from guilt, while condoning breaking the law. Oh what a tiny web weave when we practice to deceive. Some Americans also had a sympathetic heart and twisted love affair for Bonnie and Clyde which murdered innocent people and committed felonies, because they seemed like romantic criminals in the category of Romeo and Juliette. We as an audience have become seduced and drawn in by shows like Dexter True Blood and The Bible series which provides us with a mask to become something other than human for a moment. It allows us to disguise our dysfunctional corrupt fantasies that feeds our hunger for blood and vengeance that we may have against our enemies or those we want to take our anger out on. Since we can't commit the crime, we allow the illusion of Hollywood to produce this craving for us and say its just TV. So we wash our hands from guilt and shame. We claim innocent because we are just witnesses to a sick fantasy. But in truth we know that we are curious like the cat. We as an audience desire evil and good, because we are underneath still children with a sweet tooth for eye candy, wanting Scandal. Whether the show is sympathizing to glorify murderers attempting to see harm come to the innocent for the greater good, remember its just TV and innocent entertainment. We root for the sadistic psycho Hannibal Lector serial killer as the hero for a season, because even murderers have feelings, family and enemies just like Norman Bates---Psycho! These comments is not to be taken seriously, its also FICTION
  2. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is ending much better than I expected, after a couple of weaker seasons. Wonderful to see how Dexter became the monster he says he is. The first few episodes are making me wonder more about his Dark Passenger than I have in years. Great to meet his "mother." Expand
  3. Aug 24, 2014
    It probably doesn't quite satisfy every body..but what endings ever do? I think they ended it pretty well considering 8 seasons is a long time to keep a drama fresh especially after the outstanding first season...Some of the characters didn't get the attention I had hoped, some of the wrap ups maybe a little tardy but overall an excellent series....I was quite sad to see it finish...butIt probably doesn't quite satisfy every body..but what endings ever do? I think they ended it pretty well considering 8 seasons is a long time to keep a drama fresh especially after the outstanding first season...Some of the characters didn't get the attention I had hoped, some of the wrap ups maybe a little tardy but overall an excellent series....I was quite sad to see it finish...but all good things come to an end. I will be on the watch out for Dexter actors in other TV in the future. Michael C Hall and Lauren Velez , I have seen in other series..but the rest no... Expand
  4. Jan 3, 2014
    I can say that, I like the final season and finale overall. Might be the best season of 'Dexter' there is. I rushed threw this season in 1 day and it was worth it. I adore this show. It is one of the bests overall.
  5. Aug 25, 2014
    A great show with a bad conclusion. They should have shot a few endings and chosen the best one. Instead, the ending is so unbelievable its almost funny. This is a semi-spoiler but here's a better ending, he jumps in with Deb because he realizes he loves her too and can't go on without her. Where's my Emmy?
  6. Oct 8, 2014
    The fans of Dexter hated this season more than the critics, and the ratings went down south as soon as the show ended. Dexter might have ended poorly, but people are still forgetting the great plot points before the end.
  7. Jul 3, 2013
    In one first episode I already hate Deb, look for the new psycho to beat and I'm quite interested in that old woman.
    I was afraid after all these seasons to be disappointed, but it's just the begining and I'm waiting for the next one. And that's good!
  8. Jun 30, 2013
    A better start than season 7 with convincing new characters, Dexter still seek something he didn't found in the entire series and there is some clues he'll find it til the series finale.
    There is some flops but nothing there will pull down the quality.
  9. Sep 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A sad, tragic end to a series that went on two or three seasons too long. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the final moments, because I did very much. If you can suspend many beliefs about the acts of Mr. Dexter Morgan and try to enjoy the character interactions, I would recommend it to almost anyone. It's impossible it seems to be utterly satisfied with all of the poor writing throughout the show but its somber conclusion to me is probably the best one and is sure to satisfy those who wanted to see Dexter ruined, those who wanted to see him live and those who wanted to see him move beyond his killer instincts. Expand
  10. Jun 30, 2013
    The premiere was a strong start to what I believe will be an even stronger season. The spiraling downfall of the main characters is truly remarkable and sinister. With James gandolfini dead and the endings of dexter and breaking bad this summer, it feels like an era of television is coming to an end. Dexters finale will be iconic, I guarantee it.
  11. Jul 8, 2013
    Shaping up to be a great final season to one of the best shows of the last 10 years. Cant wait to see how it plays out with Deb on a downward spiral and Vogel now entering the equation and Hannah bound to pop up sooner or later.
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I couldn't wait to watch this season and was not disappointed! The writers get off the blocks with a bang and we could literally see the beginning of the end for our beloved serial killer from the very first episode.

The star performer? I would say it was Jennifer Carpenter. Playing the guilt wracked Deb on a path to self destruction, she fits the role to a T. The clarity with which Dexter opens the first episode couldn't end with a bigger contrast towards the end of the episode as he starts losing control and lets his "dark passenger" take over more than just once. Which leads us to the question, "Who is truly on their path to self destruction?" Not even his projections of Harry could rein him this time which sets up an interesting season ahead.
  13. Sep 23, 2013
    A scintillating ending; the show just paid of in just one episode and boy, you will be breathless. Goodbye dexter. Michael c.hall and the entire cast and crew of dexter, thank you very,very much. No one can even ever imagine a series like dexter. Marvelous.
  14. Sep 28, 2013
    A sad ending of Dexter. An ending that can only be explained by "Dexter"'s creator: why couldn't he just be happy? Dexter is a beloved killer. A choking finale when Debra gets worse by the time Dexter has feelings for the first time and he has to release her into the ocean. A good final kill by Dexter, the one that he just couldn't let go at this point. The final scene is a little bitA sad ending of Dexter. An ending that can only be explained by "Dexter"'s creator: why couldn't he just be happy? Dexter is a beloved killer. A choking finale when Debra gets worse by the time Dexter has feelings for the first time and he has to release her into the ocean. A good final kill by Dexter, the one that he just couldn't let go at this point. The final scene is a little bit confusing could have Dexter survived to the hurricane or was that Harrison years after? And what's the meaning of the scene? Almost cried on this final episode, true history...One of the best tv series ever. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Jul 1, 2013
    Interestingly, Dexter settled into a groove that suggested it could go on for years.... If Dexter regains its eerie footing (and it appears it will), look for it to explode in the final weeks. Sunday's edition says the surprises have just begun.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jun 28, 2013
    This could all pay off spectacularly. [8 Jul 2013, p.36]
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jun 28, 2013
    Rampling brings her primly authoritative presence and a stern look to the task. Her scenes with Hall crackle with tension.