• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
5.5

1. Jun 30, 2013
    The premiere was a strong start to what I believe will be an even stronger season. The spiraling downfall of the main characters is truly remarkable and sinister. With James gandolfini dead and the endings of dexter and breaking bad this summer, it feels like an era of television is coming to an end. Dexters finale will be iconic, I guarantee it.
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    A better start than season 7 with convincing new characters, Dexter still seek something he didn't found in the entire series and there is some clues he'll find it til the series finale.
    There is some flops but nothing there will pull down the quality.
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    Shaping up to be a great final season to one of the best shows of the last 10 years. Cant wait to see how it plays out with Deb on a downward spiral and Vogel now entering the equation and Hannah bound to pop up sooner or later.
  4. Sep 23, 2013
    A scintillating ending; the show just paid of in just one episode and boy, you will be breathless. Goodbye dexter. Michael c.hall and the entire cast and crew of dexter, thank you very,very much. No one can even ever imagine a series like dexter. Marvelous.
  5. Sep 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A sad, tragic end to a series that went on two or three seasons too long. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the final moments, because I did very much. If you can suspend many beliefs about the acts of Mr. Dexter Morgan and try to enjoy the character interactions, I would recommend it to almost anyone. It's impossible it seems to be utterly satisfied with all of the poor writing throughout the show but its somber conclusion to me is probably the best one and is sure to satisfy those who wanted to see Dexter ruined, those who wanted to see him live and those who wanted to see him move beyond his killer instincts. Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    I can say that, I like the final season and finale overall. Might be the best season of 'Dexter' there is. I rushed threw this season in 1 day and it was worth it. I adore this show. It is one of the bests overall.
  7. Jul 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I couldn't wait to watch this season and was not disappointed! The writers get off the blocks with a bang and we could literally see the beginning of the end for our beloved serial killer from the very first episode.

The star performer? I would say it was Jennifer Carpenter. Playing the guilt wracked Deb on a path to self destruction, she fits the role to a T. The clarity with which Dexter opens the first episode couldn't end with a bigger contrast towards the end of the episode as he starts losing control and lets his "dark passenger" take over more than just once. Which leads us to the question, "Who is truly on their path to self destruction?" Not even his projections of Harry could rein him this time which sets up an interesting season ahead.
  8. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is ending much better than I expected, after a couple of weaker seasons. Wonderful to see how Dexter became the monster he says he is. The first few episodes are making me wonder more about his Dark Passenger than I have in years. Great to meet his "mother." Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Jul 1, 2013
    Interestingly, Dexter settled into a groove that suggested it could go on for years.... If Dexter regains its eerie footing (and it appears it will), look for it to explode in the final weeks. Sunday's edition says the surprises have just begun.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jun 28, 2013
    This could all pay off spectacularly. [8 Jul 2013, p.36]
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jun 28, 2013
    Rampling brings her primly authoritative presence and a stern look to the task. Her scenes with Hall crackle with tension.