• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.2

1. May 21, 2013
    A unique story about a serial killer who works with the Miami metro homicide, what more could want in a t.v show. It is just AWESOME. The direction is also very good. The writers have given a certain amount of depth to the characters which the writers do not focus on these days.
  2. rossc
    Oct 17, 2006
    who would think a show about a serial killer could be sooo funny . Great show .
  3. FurionL
    Dec 6, 2006
    I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His girlfriend, his sister, Angel, and his superiors (most specifically his Lieutenant seems to change a lot) all have their bits where Dexter isn't always the in the spotlight... In fact, you will find yourself knowing more than Dexter the more it progresses. I guess I have a sardonic sense of humor, which is why I enjoy this, and find myself laughing at a few dark part (specifically at parts where he snags the person, or does something completely out of character for his usual self -- such as acting on emotion and smashing someone in the head with a frying pan). If you've watched the first two episodes in it or so, and dropped it because it didn't seem so interesting... I suggest picking it up again and giving it a chance again. I really enjoyed this. 9.5 out of 10 with 119 votes can't be bad, eh? Expand
  4. KateH
    Oct 20, 2006
    I'm actually studying to be a clinical forensic psychologist, so this stuff is my bread and butter. But the most impressive thing is how superbly they have nailed the psychopath. Another reviewer said s/he can't find humanity in him... well, because there is none. That's the point. Dexter is the ultimate anti-hero, and I find the show to be fascinating, funny, incredibly I'm actually studying to be a clinical forensic psychologist, so this stuff is my bread and butter. But the most impressive thing is how superbly they have nailed the psychopath. Another reviewer said s/he can't find humanity in him... well, because there is none. That's the point. Dexter is the ultimate anti-hero, and I find the show to be fascinating, funny, incredibly original, and (of course) disturbing. I've grown so bored with cop procedural, even though I still like the subject matter. Dexter is a perfect fit for those of us who want to be challenged by television; who want a show that makes us think about morality, and the nature of humanity. If you're not into that, it's just plain fun too. Expand
  5. IanS
    Oct 20, 2006
    Five minutes into the premier and I was officialy hooked! Hall is perfect, the writing is brilliant, and the visuals are disturbing yet mesmerizing. If that's not enough, there is a dark humor that adds to the appeal. Sometimes I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. It is the best new series I've seen in close to ten years.
  6. JennaP
    Jan 15, 2007
    This show doesn't have a 9.6 User Rating for nothing. It's thoroughly engaging, original, smart and at times gruesome. You have no idea what you're missing....
  7. AmandaA.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Brilliant cast, excellent and witty. Artistically filmed and captures the audience by reversing the antagonist-protagonist roles. Top rate show!
  8. AndrewS
    Nov 1, 2006
    This show has you gripped. Intresting plot and good acting.
  9. CoryB
    Nov 17, 2006
    Love it
  10. DonH
    Nov 18, 2006
    This is the best show on TV..hands down. The lead is very slick and the supporting cast holds their own. I haven't been so excited about the next episode of a tv show since Season 3 of the Sopranos. GREAT TV.
  11. IanM
    Feb 26, 2007
    One of my favorite shows. Michael C Hall is fantastic and loveable, but the big surprise is that you find yourself wanting to see more of the supporting actors.
  12. ZavanM
    Mar 7, 2007
    Bom, essa série é espetacular, criativa e com um enredo envolvente. Sem dúvida na minha opinião, o melhor lançamento de 2006, e uma das melhores séries da atualidade. Vida longa a Dexter o/
  13. JustynaS
    Oct 3, 2008
    I'm addicted. To everyone. Even to Doaksey.
  14. LynetteM
    Dec 18, 2006
    Along with Heroes, this is THE best show on television! Thank goodness we have somewhere to go that doesn't include yet another lame reality show. Go Dexter, go!!
  15. TommiS
    Dec 18, 2006
    Breathtaking. Best tv i've seen since Twin Peaks.
  16. BrianL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Easily one of the top 5 shows on TV.
  17. MichaelS.
    Aug 29, 2008
    One of the best seasons of Television I have ever seen!
  18. Mar 11, 2011
    Dexter is an amazing show. He is definitely my favorite serial killer. This season was awesome. Michael C. Hall is perfect. It is a great show and I love watching.
  19. Jun 2, 2011
    The best TV series i had ever saw. Better than Dr House or Mentalist. Is really exciting. Superbly acted and treated. I bow before Michael C. Hall, Julie Benz and the other.
  20. Oct 9, 2011
    The character Dexter is what works about this TV series. Dexter is someone that many can connect with (not being serial killers but in the sense of not being understood by others, having a dark secret, not 'feeling' like others feel, etc). While watching this series I did enjoy listening to Dexter and enjoyed his overall character arc. HOWEVER there is so much nonsense that fills the plot.The character Dexter is what works about this TV series. Dexter is someone that many can connect with (not being serial killers but in the sense of not being understood by others, having a dark secret, not 'feeling' like others feel, etc). While watching this series I did enjoy listening to Dexter and enjoyed his overall character arc. HOWEVER there is so much nonsense that fills the plot. The way police, homicide and forensic investigators act and are portrayed in Dexter are TOTALLY RIDICULOUS, the writers must think that their audience is either totally stupid or will believe every bit of police nonsense that makes up each episode. There is the regular filler that makes up half of each episode to stretch the plot across a season (which makes up most TV by the way), and I also have issues with the way that a serial killer is portrayed (I feel rather uncomfortable to the way that Dexter is meant to be a good guy while being a killer). So in the end Dexter is alright, but filled with a lot of rubbish nonsense at the same time. Expand
  21. Jan 17, 2013
    I have been watching Dexter since the premiere of the first season, and though it disappointed me at times, it has remained one of my favorite television series.

The reason for this lies chiefly in the character of Dexter. A perfect anti-hero for the 21st century he represents what every person wishes they could do (at least some of the time). The visceral anger but code following serial killer makes us feel like justice can be achieved, even by the most ordinary of citizens. Each season has many sub-plots, which I enjoy and generally employs an over-arching plot. This larger plot generally has to do with a serial killer that Dexter aims to kill and the continuing struggle to track them down and dispose of them. Overall, it
  22. May 18, 2013
    Thrilling. Creepy. Funny. DEXTER Season 1 is a great start to an excellent television series. Michael C. Hall is amazing as Dexter Morgan: Blood Spatter Analyst/Vigilante Serial Killer. The rest of the cast is also outstanding. Every week, the show is full of excitement, twists, and some laughs. Please watch this show, you will not be disappointed.
  23. Aug 19, 2013
    Michael C. Hall stars in this ShowTime show 'Dexter'. Dexter is a great TV show, it is a incredibly gripping show. When Dexter, a forensic serial-killer, is faced with an admiring serial killer who seems to keep intruding into his kills.

Michael C. Hall is very believable character and I love seeing his conflict between being human and being what he is compelled to be, a killer. Hall's narration throughout episodes, I love he is very good at it. I enjoyed the narration which is a nod to the classic film American Psycho.

The series as a whole is very strong, the developing story line over the series is epic and a great watch even better when you consider how well planned out and written the episodes are.

A series everyone who isn't afraid of blood should check out. Never a weak episode.
  24. MichaelD.
    Oct 9, 2007
    A finely drawn character study masquerading as a blood-splashed procedural, Dexter explores what it means to feel human
  25. Oct 25, 2010
    Buying Michael C. Hall as a serial killer of serial killers was hard to imagine, well that lasted all of one episode and I was sold. This well written series left me fiending for more through every season. Amazing plot twist and creativity throughout will leave you wondering will come next week as you anxiously await the next episode. My only criticism is of the casting of the sister DebraBuying Michael C. Hall as a serial killer of serial killers was hard to imagine, well that lasted all of one episode and I was sold. This well written series left me fiending for more through every season. Amazing plot twist and creativity throughout will leave you wondering will come next week as you anxiously await the next episode. My only criticism is of the casting of the sister Debra Morgan (Deb) played by Jennifer Carpenter who differs completely from the books and is simply put the worst actor of the regular cast which is outstanding. It's my only real negative check on this otherwise superb series. Expand
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    It's a solid show and it is good enough to sit through an entire season (12 episodes) but I dislike how slow paced it was, There could have been a better story behind it. Didn't really care for the guy who played the main villian of the season either, Although I do admit I have an incredibly high standard for tv show villains. Overall it's a good show and I am willing to give it another season.
  27. Oct 29, 2012
    Season1 was excellent ... but the writers of S7 are amateurs .. they have completely squandered the opportunity to create some very interesting reflections on humanity. What they give is is formulaic melodramatic crap
  28. JamesC
    Oct 11, 2006
    You know, in a show with such a good actor as the central character, it's tough to find any humanity in him. He does carry the entire, though, since the entire supporting cast is a wide array of boring cliches (the superfluous spanglish is a bit too much, I live in miami, no one talks that way). And you know what? That wouldn't bother me much if the show focused a little more on You know, in a show with such a good actor as the central character, it's tough to find any humanity in him. He does carry the entire, though, since the entire supporting cast is a wide array of boring cliches (the superfluous spanglish is a bit too much, I live in miami, no one talks that way). And you know what? That wouldn't bother me much if the show focused a little more on being edgy rather than trying to be "American Psycho". Or subtle. I find that in so many of Hall's inner monologues he needlessly confirm ideas that have already been implied clearly enough. I saw a potentially good show in Dexter, but it's just not showing it. I feel that at moments where the show should be employing suggestions through imagery, or through a look, it instead hits the audience with a sledgehammer. And when you treat the audience like an idiot, they change the channel and watch something else. Expand
  29. BrentS
    Nov 22, 2006
    This show had potential, and Michael C. Hall is great as usual, but the show's politics are severely flawed (treating Dexter's "condition" as some Highlanderish calling as opposed to a complex psychological choice) and its take on the machinations of a police squad (especially in this post-"The Wire" TV environment) are laughable.
  30. Jun 17, 2013
    Watched the pilot, wasn't convinced, it's introduction lacked a lot of stuff that would motivate me to watch the second episode. I heard it had so many bad seasons but so many acclaimed ones. And we all know this series is going to end.
  31. VT.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Stupid-in a very trashy way.
  32. BlancaW.
    Sep 23, 2009
    He did so well on Six feet Under I thought I'd give the show a chance but it was disturbing and boring as well. they should of never ended six feet under,what a big mistake!!!
  33. ArmchairS.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Are you crazy putting that on the air? What are you THINKING? Very bad TV, No redeeming qualities.
  34. JuneD.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Terrible show - not strung together - will not watch it again - plain gore - plain stupid.
  35. NickieL
    Dec 14, 2009
    Hated it. I would have given it a 10 before the last 5 minutes, but that ruined the episode, the season and probably next season too. I'm one of the people who found it refreshing to see something *other* than just another far-gone psycho killer. Discovering he had feelings and could be close to people was a fascinating journey. Why would they pull the plug on that and keep him Hated it. I would have given it a 10 before the last 5 minutes, but that ruined the episode, the season and probably next season too. I'm one of the people who found it refreshing to see something *other* than just another far-gone psycho killer. Discovering he had feelings and could be close to people was a fascinating journey. Why would they pull the plug on that and keep him alone? I know a lot of people wanted Rita out, but that's also because the same writers who killed her made her annoying. The duplicity of a loving husband and father being a serial killer was so original. A lonely and utterly screwed up single dad? Maybe better than a guy completely on his own, but a far cry from what Dexter has been before this bleak end. I used to actually laugh at Dex. Can't imagine laughing at "jokes" about the wife he got brutally killed and the son that's left motherless. :( Expand
  36. JohnB.
    Sep 25, 2007
    The most disturbing show on tv.If you get aroused by sexual dysfunction and dismemberment you are in serious need of a straight jacket.
  37. JulianC
    Oct 4, 2006
    My rating is based only on the first episode, and it pains me that it cannot be higher since I had high hopes for the show, and still do. In the first episode, everything in the show seemed over-simple. Many characters and situations seem to merely be props for the show's concept. The show is so drowned in voice-over that I never felt as though there were any real action - only My rating is based only on the first episode, and it pains me that it cannot be higher since I had high hopes for the show, and still do. In the first episode, everything in the show seemed over-simple. Many characters and situations seem to merely be props for the show's concept. The show is so drowned in voice-over that I never felt as though there were any real action - only summary. Hall is very charming as Dexter, but even he may not be able to pull it off if they ask him to provide 40 minutes of voice-over every episode. The reason I still have high hopes is that it would be natural for the amount of voice-over to drop as the series progresses. I think the writer of the novel just wanted to get all his witty little first person naration lines in verbatim. The thought occurred to me more than once that this was more like a book on tape than a TV show. Expand
  38. RobF.
    Dec 25, 2009
    I don't mind the blood and violence yada yada. I just think this show is horrible. There's nothing entertaining about it, and much of it is unrealistic. The characters are shallow, awkward, and unappealing. This should have been a half hour episode USA show that got canceled after the second season. The writers make pathetic use of the Showtime freedoms... like having an amputee I don't mind the blood and violence yada yada. I just think this show is horrible. There's nothing entertaining about it, and much of it is unrealistic. The characters are shallow, awkward, and unappealing. This should have been a half hour episode USA show that got canceled after the second season. The writers make pathetic use of the Showtime freedoms... like having an amputee have sex with a prostitute... Unnecessary and a pathetically blatant attempt of sexual appeal. I envy those of you who say the show is funny. Your senses of humor must be easy to please. The comedy in this show is dry and forced. Expand
  39. PrestonV
    Oct 7, 2006
    Dexter's mind is the fancy of the modern world and the writers morbid sense is displayed as a virtuoso.Murder and enjoyment of such things as entertainment is the highest example of America in decline. To enjoy perversity is to lose all human inhibitions. Watch Dexter and you will.
  40. LinP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Simply brilliant! Best new show on TV!
  41. dudleydoright
    Oct 9, 2006
    Addicting..
  42. TylerS
    Jan 2, 2007
    One of the best dramas I have ever seen!
  43. LisaH
    Jan 3, 2007
    AWESOME show. I am completely obsessed witht his series and I enver get into a tv series. Can't wait until next year!!
  44. Maria
    Oct 8, 2007
    One of the two TV shows that I really enjoyed in the last 10 years. The show is brilliant and probably even better, than the original books.
  45. AlexisK
    May 6, 2007
    This show totally creeps me out! I love it...always keeps me guessing!
  46. JulieF
    Aug 8, 2007
    Best new series i have seen in many years. Can't wait for next season.
  47. JessM
    Dec 4, 2006
    This is the best show I have ever seen! An mix of CSI and unnatural humor and drama!
  48. AnnaC
    Oct 20, 2006
    Great show- superb acting and writing.
  49. melin
    best show on tv
  50. MerrileeF
    Dec 7, 2006
    This show had me from the first episode. It is extremely entertaining and engrossing. Michael Hall is so intriguing as Dexter, he pulls you in and makes you feel for his character. After all, he's trying to find his way in life just like the rest of us. I find myself watching reruns during the week because I want more. I highly recommend it!
  51. RonB
    Oct 2, 2006
    The most creative show ever. Brilliant concept. Kept me mezmerized for the entire hour. Very good entertainment. Good character fits. Love the story line.
  52. MaryEllenP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Thank god for cable, or shows like this would never happen. Sorry I never saw Six Feet Under. May need to check it out on DVD.
  53. JSumpter
    Jan 5, 2007
    Can't wait 4 season 2....
  54. md
    Feb 3, 2007
    outstanding
  55. ZiadA
    Mar 3, 2007
    One of the best shows i've ever seen, but didn't like the way they started the drama with the fealings :'( .Can't wait for the 2'nd Season.
  56. Lilt
    Apr 30, 2007
    Not one who easily gets addicted to tv shows, but have been faithfully watching Dexter. Super-smart, slick and stylish, diabolical wit conveyed with perfection by Hall. Just finished season 1 last night (last 4 episodes climaxed to a perfect end!) and can't wait for 2nd season.
  57. battosaiiiii^^
    Jul 2, 2007
    Simply the best!
  60. StalwartL.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Great acting and chilling, intricate yet consistent plot. A great product for great entertainment.
  61. ColbyC
    Apr 10, 2008
    A great moral tale, but poor execution of the police side of the show. Dexter himself is a compelling and interesting character, but the supporting cast consists of too many one-dimensional characters. I chaulk it up to poor writing.
  62. Adam
    May 5, 2008
    This is an edge of your seat suspense thriller. Once I started watching it, I couldn't stop, episode after episode until the whole story has unfolded in front of me. A truly impressive TV show.
  63. wojtky
    Jun 20, 2009
    Micheal is a great actor. Of course Dexter is not good as Six Feet Under, or The Sopranos, but 1 season (best so far) is truly amazing experience. Best TV show from 2006.
  64. ElizabethD.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Absolutely my favorite tv series! I've never seen anything like it. I loved 'Six Feet Under', and would say '24' was my favorite series... until I found 'Dexter'. So original, entertaining, and thought provoking. So hard to wait for the next show that I wait for the season to end, rent the whole season and watch it almost non-stop. :)
  65. EB
    Oct 1, 2006
    What a great show! Fascinating and thought-provoking. There are some scenes where I had to close my eyes, but so what - that's sometimes a part of great fiction. As for the Wall Street journal review, I can only say: lighten up, Nancy, it's just that - FICTION!
  66. CoreyK
    Nov 27, 2006
    The show only gets better and better. Let's hope the Ice Truck Killer Plotline ends with a well-written conclusion and that Season 2 gets even better. Weeds Season 2 was a disappointment for all but the last episode.
  67. KarenB
    Nov 4, 2006
    Can't wait to watch each week!
  68. NatashaA
    Oct 2, 2006
    This show gives a unique perspective on crime from the mind of a serial killer. It's unlike any show I have seen. Very interesting.
  69. StephanieC
    Oct 2, 2006
    I can't wait for the next episode.
  70. JesseS
    Oct 20, 2006
    One of my new favs. I got hooked on the Dexter series right away. The general plot lines and main character alone makes it kick ass. Kinda like a new and yet twisted CSI with a dash of "real justice". A must watch hit.
  71. LydiaC
    Love i t. Love michael.
  72. Alexandre
    Dec 30, 2006
    It is really different show. Everybody should watch that show !
  73. ArmandoJ
    Dec 3, 2006
    Perfect!
  74. TinaK
    Dec 4, 2006
    The show is absolutly addicting and disturbing, but a weekly must see.
  75. AS
    At first i ddint like it but as it moved on i started to enjoy it so 9/10
  76. monica&mattb
    Dec 6, 2006
    Truly addictive television; there's nothing else like it out there.
  77. AmyM
    Creepy, Intelligent, Hypnotic. This sohw is GREAT
  78. morganl
    Dec 7, 2006
    Awesome, dark and edgy show. I look forward to every episode.
  79. KristineW
    Oct 20, 2006
    With so many shows being cancelled, this show reminded me to have hope! There are great shows on the horizon.
  80. reginalds
    Oct 3, 2006
    Dexter is slickly written, acted, and directed. It's American Psycho meets The Boondock Saints; creepy, interesting, and entertaining.
  81. TomD
    Oct 3, 2006
    Sick, bloody and messy. I like it! Michael C. Hall is just a great actor.
  82. LindsayT
    Oct 6, 2006
    Great adaptation of the books...Michael C. Hall has found a role created for him. I was worried they wouldn't be able to put the subtleties of the character into a television show, but great job! I finally have a show I can look forward to watching every week!!!
  83. MikeK
    Oct 7, 2006
    This is a great new series. Dexter goes farther than the other CSI shows. He issues justice in his own sick way.
  84. WilliamC
    Oct 8, 2006
    I taped this show for my wife, who is in the hospital.We were both big fans of SIX FEET UNDER and Michael C. Hall---I was very excited watching the first 40 minutes or so, rehearsing things I would say to her when she came home before viewing the tape "It is just VERY VERY GOOD" It is VERY different!" It's very much like a good noir mystery or murder novel, or an updated, upscale I taped this show for my wife, who is in the hospital.We were both big fans of SIX FEET UNDER and Michael C. Hall---I was very excited watching the first 40 minutes or so, rehearsing things I would say to her when she came home before viewing the tape "It is just VERY VERY GOOD" It is VERY different!" It's very much like a good noir mystery or murder novel, or an updated, upscale noir film, just in color, and a little shorter." Then I made the mistake of leaving the room for about 5 minutes, and when I came back Dexter had a victim strapped down on a table, and was gleefully interrogating him, acting as an Angel of Death who commits real murder on those he has determined have gotten away with murder. This Star Chamber type justice is done on a man who keeps getting away with DUI murders, and has been trickily tracked by Dexter, after he is acquitted in one more trial, and (the part I missed) apprehended or kidnapped somehow, and brought in to some industrial area warehouse to be killed by Dexter, now apparently a moonlighting serial killer. So what I am saying is, as much as this show seemed to have going for it, for me it "jumped the shark" in its first episode. Expand
  85. JasonH
    Oct 14, 2007
    This is my favorite show! Its so original, We've seen hospital dramas, super powers, romance, and w/e, but not something like this. Its so awesome with the protagonist being an antihero, whose very profession and character are flawed in the eyes of society. Anyway, i think it's a great series, and I wish I could find in in Canada (I have had to download it)
  86. cookie
    Oct 1, 2007
    Thank the gods. Trained professional actors, writers etc., Wonderful series, best in years.
  87. staciac
    Dec 6, 2009
    i love dexter!!!!!!
  88. CG
    Nov 14, 2006
    I never would have thought it possible to look through the eyes of a monster and find some connection. I understand what it is like to live by a rigidly held code, to use it as the only means of survival., and I love the witty dialogue. Great show
  89. JoeBob
    Oct 9, 2009
    A show where the main character is a serial killer is a really original and great and creepy idea. But the idea of a serial killer with a conscience killing other serial killers is really lame and cheesy. And thats what this show is about. So Dexter is not really a serial killer. More like a sadistic superhero or something. That's what makes it not creepy. It could have been a great A show where the main character is a serial killer is a really original and great and creepy idea. But the idea of a serial killer with a conscience killing other serial killers is really lame and cheesy. And thats what this show is about. So Dexter is not really a serial killer. More like a sadistic superhero or something. That's what makes it not creepy. It could have been a great and really creepy and disturbing show but its just too cheesy for my tastes. Expand
  90. jacquesf
    Dec 16, 2006
    Best show since "Carnivale"
  91. LuisF.
    Nov 17, 2008
    One of the best tv series right now. Hope they can keep the good pace till the end.
  92. Oct 22, 2011
    Blood, violence, murder, and sexual dysfunction, as well as sometimes annoying or psychotic characters are what this show contains, but these are NOT what Dexter is about. The ingenious people behind Dexter play with the grey area of morality. Obviously we can't clearly say that serial killers can be moral, but we can say killing another serial killer is less wrong than an otherwiseBlood, violence, murder, and sexual dysfunction, as well as sometimes annoying or psychotic characters are what this show contains, but these are NOT what Dexter is about. The ingenious people behind Dexter play with the grey area of morality. Obviously we can't clearly say that serial killers can be moral, but we can say killing another serial killer is less wrong than an otherwise innocent person. We all know there is not always a right or wrong answer for everything, and to play off that is amazing, shocking, and original. The viewers and critics who support Dexter take great television seriously. Expand
  93. Feb 3, 2013
    The first season of Dexter is one of the best. It's excellent story line, superb narration and characterisation from Hall, make this one of the most unique dramas on TV. In this series, as the Miami metro homicide department hunt the 'Ice Truck Killer', Dexter becomes less and less comfortable with his psychotic urges. Dexter explores what it's like to be human, and makes us question ourThe first season of Dexter is one of the best. It's excellent story line, superb narration and characterisation from Hall, make this one of the most unique dramas on TV. In this series, as the Miami metro homicide department hunt the 'Ice Truck Killer', Dexter becomes less and less comfortable with his psychotic urges. Dexter explores what it's like to be human, and makes us question our inner self. Nevertheless, the story at times seems stretched, and could have been condensed into less episodes. At times it was far too predictable, and disappointing, however for the most part, and excellent show. 84/100 Expand
  94. Feb 10, 2013
    This show is the best show on Television. It is a true masterpiece. Michael C. Hall's portrail of Jeff Lindsay's "Dexter" is in my opinion the best acting on TV today. It has the best storyline that just keeps drawing you in more and more with every episode. I give this shows actors, writers, costume design, and scene locations all a perfect 10 out of 10.
  95. Mar 10, 2013
    Truly outstanding. A gripping show from start to finish, and so original too. All of the characters, led by Hall are excellent. Give it some time to suck you in and you have some of the best 7+ seasons of any TV you will watch.
  96. CedricC
    Jun 4, 2007
    Excellent show with great storyline. Can't wait to see how they'll keep up with the story next season.
  97. DavidR
    Oct 19, 2006
    Wow. This show is what you get if you blend CSI, the Hitman games, and a big pile of fun. And that's a good thing.
  98. ScotK
    Jan 11, 2007
    A great storyline with even better acting makes Dexter work briliantly well. Hall is fantastic, and although the plot twists are a little easy to predict, I was caught up instantly.
  99. Carlo
    Jan 23, 2007
    Love this show! Michael Hall is a great actor! the story is interesting and the concept is fresh! two thumbs up!
  100. AdamL
    Jan 2, 2007
    This show is amazing. The concept, the characters, the plot twists... all so very well done.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Reviewed by: Adam Sternbergh
    Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.