Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. ScotK
    Jan 11, 2007
    A great storyline with even better acting makes Dexter work briliantly well. Hall is fantastic, and although the plot twists are a little easy to predict, I was caught up instantly.
  2. nancyt
    Jan 10, 2007
    Best show on tv. I love Dexter........
  3. ziggyj
    Jan 8, 2007
    Just Excellent. A Master stroke of TV filming.
  4. JSumpter
    Jan 5, 2007
    Can't wait 4 season 2....
  5. DylanC
    Jan 4, 2007
    Genious show. Micheal C Hall plays is a perfect cast for the dark and light character of dexter. Amazing show all around. Wish I could score it higher
  6. LisaH
    Jan 3, 2007
    AWESOME show. I am completely obsessed witht his series and I enver get into a tv series. Can't wait until next year!!
  7. AdamL
    Jan 2, 2007
    This show is amazing. The concept, the characters, the plot twists... all so very well done.
  8. TylerS
    Jan 2, 2007
    One of the best dramas I have ever seen!
  9. hailiem
    Dec 30, 2006
    best showever! so addicting and suspensful! im addicted and i simply cant wait for the 2nd season. its brilliant!
  10. Alexandre
    Dec 30, 2006
    It is really different show. Everybody should watch that show !
  11. frozenbarbie
    Dec 29, 2006
    Perfection, thy name is Dexter.
  12. PallabD
    Dec 29, 2006
    There is only one word to describe this series. And that is "WEIRD". A truelly different thriller about a serial killer.
  13. RobertD
    Dec 29, 2006
    Dexter is a compelling, 'darkly disturbing' series that contains markedly interesting characters and visuals. It seductively draws the viewer in and spits them out again when least expected. The combination of dark humour and a sterling performance by Michael C. Hall leads to one of the most memorable characters on TV today - Dexter Morgan, a true monster among monsters.
  14. KitchMan
    Dec 29, 2006
    Easily the best television series of the year. Michael C. Hall is one of the more underrated actors in Hollywood, he is simply brilliant in the lead (not to mention his work in Six Feet Under). Hopefully this wonderful show will not be over-looked come Emmy time.
  15. AnnS
    Dec 28, 2006
    Excellent acting, great story line . Love the show. Can't wait for the second season.
  16. LorieW
    Dec 27, 2006
    The most addictive show I have ever watched! I watched Episode 1 two weeks ago and have already finished all 12 episodes. Michael C Hall is Brilliant!
  17. JohnD
    Dec 27, 2006
    Best show of 2006. Period.
  18. pauld
    Dec 26, 2006
    Best show on T.V. right now
  19. PhilM
    Dec 25, 2006
    This is the reason i have showtime. This is simply the best show on television. If u dont have showtime get it because its worth the money just for this show... The only annoying thing is dexters sister and her partner because they suck at acting...but they dont have much to do with the show
  20. JaredN
    Dec 23, 2006
    Best new show, and maybe one of the best shows ever.
  21. GillianP
    Dec 20, 2006
    great TV..i loved it
  22. GladysB
    Dec 20, 2006
    I love this show, Michael Hall is exceptional in this show,showtime is really bringing up its game with this program, its perverse well written and the characters are addictive to watch, great show
  23. somegurl
    Dec 19, 2006
    sweet sweet show
  24. AJSearles
    Dec 19, 2006
    Best show out there. I can't wait for the second season to begin and the first just finished.
  25. AndréL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Pra mim a melhor série dessa nova temporada e muito melhor também que muitas séries já renomadas. Pode não fazer muito sucesso pelo fato de ser exibida por um canal fechado. Mas quem assiste sabe o quão boa essa série é.
  26. PedroZ
    Simple, te best.
  27. PierreF
    Dec 18, 2006
    One of two tv shows I've never missed an episode.
  28. VictorPassarelli
    melhor seriado não há!
  29. BrunoA
    Dec 18, 2006
    Perfect ! The best new show !!!
  30. LynetteM
    Dec 18, 2006
    Along with Heroes, this is THE best show on television! Thank goodness we have somewhere to go that doesn't include yet another lame reality show. Go Dexter, go!!
  31. BrianL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Easily one of the top 5 shows on TV.
  32. TommiS
    Dec 18, 2006
    Breathtaking. Best tv i've seen since Twin Peaks.
  33. ChrisB.
    Dec 17, 2006
    Just saw the season 1 finale. Just wow. It isn't even close. This is easily the best show on TV today, and I watch them all!
  34. L-AH.
    Dec 17, 2006
    The only show that I currently watch on television. Michael C. Hall is spectacular! Looking forward to another season...
  35. jacquesf
    Dec 16, 2006
    Best show since "Carnivale"
  36. NatalieA
    Dec 15, 2006
    I can't wait for Sundays! This show is the best!
  37. jana
    Dec 15, 2006
    different prespective...very talented cast! love this show, it's going to be a very long summer until season 2 starts!!!!
  38. TrindenB
    Dec 15, 2006
    Slick. The only TV show that doesn't bore me, and the only one (except hockey) that I need to see every week...
  39. mattb
    Dec 14, 2006
    very good show, stong characters - hope it stays for years.
  40. robync
    Dec 13, 2006
    This is the best show on TV. Michael C. Hall is great!!! The cast is amazing. I hope this show is around for many years!!!
  41. ChristinaN
    Dec 13, 2006
    It is so rare to get my boyfriend to watch a show with me, this is his show. We LOVE Dexter and I'm so excited to see the season finale! I've been thinking about it all week! Who would think a show about killers would be so entertaining?
  42. ScottE
    Dec 12, 2006
    My favorite show on TV right now.
  43. staciac
    Dec 12, 2006
    i love dexter!!!!!!
  44. nanciem
    Dec 11, 2006
    If I could ad plusses to the 10, then I would! Hall owns the series but ALL other actors are also at their peak. The kind of series you tell all your friends to watch (if you are slightly bent!). LOVE IT.
  45. EdG
    Dec 11, 2006
    Great, original idea. The new center of water-cooler talk Monday mornings.
  46. KeithG
    Dec 11, 2006
    Completely hooked, lined and sunk on this show. Well written and acted.
  47. diamondr
    Dec 8, 2006
    i hope this show will be on for a lond time.. if not i am going to be sad... :(
  48. morganl
    Dec 7, 2006
    Awesome, dark and edgy show. I look forward to every episode.
  49. MerrileeF
    Dec 7, 2006
    This show had me from the first episode. It is extremely entertaining and engrossing. Michael Hall is so intriguing as Dexter, he pulls you in and makes you feel for his character. After all, he's trying to find his way in life just like the rest of us. I find myself watching reruns during the week because I want more. I highly recommend it!
  50. JesseO
    Dec 6, 2006
    Great stories with great characters made superb by excelent acting.
  51. monica&mattb
    Dec 6, 2006
    Truly addictive television; there's nothing else like it out there.
  52. melin
    best show on tv
  53. FurionL
    Dec 6, 2006
    I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His girlfriend, his sister, Angel, and his superiors (most specifically his Lieutenant seems to change a lot) all have their bits where Dexter isn't always the in the spotlight... In fact, you will find yourself knowing more than Dexter the more it progresses. I guess I have a sardonic sense of humor, which is why I enjoy this, and find myself laughing at a few dark part (specifically at parts where he snags the person, or does something completely out of character for his usual self -- such as acting on emotion and smashing someone in the head with a frying pan). If you've watched the first two episodes in it or so, and dropped it because it didn't seem so interesting... I suggest picking it up again and giving it a chance again. I really enjoyed this. 9.5 out of 10 with 119 votes can't be bad, eh? Expand
  54. BJNichols
    Dec 6, 2006
    Addictive, tivo worthy, and the characters get better with every episode. One of my favorites!
  55. DorianP
    best showtime show
  56. JessM
    Dec 4, 2006
    This is the best show I have ever seen! An mix of CSI and unnatural humor and drama!
  57. ArtM
    Dec 4, 2006
    Smartly mimics the book. Very intelligent. As for the premise, everyone looks down on the garbage man, but he's necessary. If only....
  58. AS
    At first i ddint like it but as it moved on i started to enjoy it so 9/10
  59. TinaK
    Dec 4, 2006
    The show is absolutly addicting and disturbing, but a weekly must see.
  60. Leslie
    Dec 3, 2006
    Seriously one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Manages to combine horror, psychological thriller and comedy all at the same time. Miraculous. Intoxicating.
  61. melin
    best show on tv
  62. ArmandoJ
    Perfect!
  63. TracyB
    Dec 2, 2006
    I am completely hooked on this amazing show. A friend asked me to give it a try and now this is my favourite show. I have gotten all of my friends and family addicted too! Brilliantly written!!!! The characters are fantastic and the storylines keep me coming back each week. I can't wait for season two!!!
  64. LaurenN
    Nov 30, 2006
    One of the most interesting and captivating new shows I have seen in quite a while.
  65. EmilyP
    Nov 30, 2006
    This one sounded somewhat interesting, but I didn't get around to watching it until halfway through the season. Glad I did! The entire cast, especially Michael C. Hall, is just perfect, and the TV adaptation makes Dexter even more likeable than in the book. Great writing, great acting, great everything...This is the first show I plan on buying on DVD!
  66. DaveP
    Nov 30, 2006
    Hooked from the start.Michael C Hall is mesmerising, vulnerable yet deadly, imperfect yet intricate. It is still managing to ratchet up the tension every episode, now even tenser than this beautiful maniacs' dental floss. Shame that we in the UK will have to wait forever for all of our friends to watch it.
  67. RobertS
    Nov 29, 2006
    Best show I've ever watched. I just can't get enough of it.
  68. ErinS
    Nov 27, 2006
    i love this show...so suspenseful!
  69. CoreyK
    Nov 27, 2006
    The show only gets better and better. Let's hope the Ice Truck Killer Plotline ends with a well-written conclusion and that Season 2 gets even better. Weeds Season 2 was a disappointment for all but the last episode.
  70. NathanS
    Nov 27, 2006
    I detest blood. Can't watch it on the Learning Channel or even CSI. Nonetheless, I have been totally sucked in by this show. I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a show after one viewing...and now I am hooked. Do yourself a favor...if you haven't already...call your cable company and order Showtime. It's worth the dime for this show alone. Michael C. I detest blood. Can't watch it on the Learning Channel or even CSI. Nonetheless, I have been totally sucked in by this show. I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a show after one viewing...and now I am hooked. Do yourself a favor...if you haven't already...call your cable company and order Showtime. It's worth the dime for this show alone. Michael C. Hall is brilliant in his portrayal of Dexter. The show will haunt you...in a really good way. In a world of reality t.v. shows, Dexter offers new hope. Expand
  71. MarkS
    Nov 24, 2006
    After seven episodes, I am obsessed. This show if frickin' brilliant!
  72. thomasq
    Nov 23, 2006
    I don't watch much t.v. besides some sports and I'm just tired of all the "reality tv". Dexter has me waiting for the next episode which isn't something I usually make plans around
  73. BrentS
    Nov 22, 2006
    This show had potential, and Michael C. Hall is great as usual, but the show's politics are severely flawed (treating Dexter's "condition" as some Highlanderish calling as opposed to a complex psychological choice) and its take on the machinations of a police squad (especially in this post-"The Wire" TV environment) are laughable.
  74. JessicaB
    Nov 22, 2006
    Next to all the bland cop shows where they investigate a murder or whatever, Dexter stands out because, for once, the story is told from a serial killer's point of view. It's intriguing and far from making you recoil in fear Dexter shows the audience that he's as much human as the next guy. 10 stars for the different perspective and the chance to watch something entirely Next to all the bland cop shows where they investigate a murder or whatever, Dexter stands out because, for once, the story is told from a serial killer's point of view. It's intriguing and far from making you recoil in fear Dexter shows the audience that he's as much human as the next guy. 10 stars for the different perspective and the chance to watch something entirely original for the first time in a long while. Expand
    Excellent Show
  76. ErikaB
    Nov 21, 2006
    this is the best show ever and he is hott
  77. marec
    Nov 21, 2006
    Totally enticing & addicting. Michael is brilliant. Best t.v series.. Deliciously macabre.
  78. jeremyw
    Best TV show ever!!!
  79. matta
    Nov 21, 2006
    Michael C. Hall truly redeems himself after his lackluster performance for several years on the hugely overrated Six Feet Under with this incedible, multi-layered performance. The show is great, too.
  80. ChantA
    Nov 20, 2006
    Suh an unique concept and never fails to keep my interest.
  81. MichaelP
    Nov 20, 2006
    My wife and I saw it on dish as a free preview. We got showtime just to watch Dexter. Great Show!
  82. SamanthaH
    Nov 19, 2006
    TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely a show that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  83. AnnaT
    Nov 19, 2006
    This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not wish to view their lives like that. Brilliant. Expand
  84. martinp
    amazing show
  85. JeffP
    Nov 19, 2006
    An incredible and, perhaps, one of the best shows ever produced for televisions!
  86. DonH
    Nov 18, 2006
    This is the best show on TV..hands down. The lead is very slick and the supporting cast holds their own. I haven't been so excited about the next episode of a tv show since Season 3 of the Sopranos. GREAT TV.
  87. jurgenjurgen
    Nov 17, 2006
    exellent series! like nothing ive seen before. The way his character is described and develops during the series is great!
  88. RomeoP
    Nov 17, 2006
    Fresh ideas. Exploration of human feelings. Very convincing overall.
  89. CoryB
    Love it
  90. GenaR
    Nov 16, 2006
    This is the most awesome show to premire in a L-O-N-G time!
  91. carriee
    Nov 14, 2006
    Dexter is a fantastic new series! It's creative, humourous, dark, and different.
  92. JasonW
    Nov 14, 2006
    10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos 10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos Pizza Murder solved by CSI: Dominos? Thank the cable gods have answered our prayers. Thank You Showtime for giving us something othe.... than. This is a great show and I wish more people would open up to it. Stop watching CSI and Law Order and just maybe the Networks would give you something new. In the mean time only the real shows will exist on pay-tv. Expand
  93. bellas
    Nov 14, 2006
    as a psych major i have never seen a better portrayal of a psychopath.
  94. CG
    Nov 14, 2006
    I never would have thought it possible to look through the eyes of a monster and find some connection. I understand what it is like to live by a rigidly held code, to use it as the only means of survival., and I love the witty dialogue. Great show
  95. aandrews
    Nov 14, 2006
    exceptional, original.....maybe "groudbreaking" (oh, this sounds like an HBO ad?!)....but seriously, Dexter is GREAT. Hall's performance is superb.
  96. LauraC
    Nov 10, 2006
    You can't help finding Dexter incredibly charming.
  97. KarenB
    Nov 4, 2006
    Can't wait to watch each week!
  98. AndrewS
    Nov 1, 2006
    This show has you gripped. Intresting plot and good acting.
  99. MaryEllenP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Thank god for cable, or shows like this would never happen. Sorry I never saw Six Feet Under. May need to check it out on DVD.
  100. LinP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Simply brilliant! Best new show on TV!

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.