Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. JSumpter
    Jan 5, 2007
    Can't wait 4 season 2....
  2. md
    Feb 3, 2007
    outstanding
  3. ZiadA
    Mar 3, 2007
    One of the best shows i've ever seen, but didn't like the way they started the drama with the fealings :'( .Can't wait for the 2'nd Season.
  4. Lilt
    Apr 30, 2007
    Not one who easily gets addicted to tv shows, but have been faithfully watching Dexter. Super-smart, slick and stylish, diabolical wit conveyed with perfection by Hall. Just finished season 1 last night (last 4 episodes climaxed to a perfect end!) and can't wait for 2nd season.
  5. battosaiiiii^^
    Jul 2, 2007
    Simply the best!
  8. StalwartL.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Great acting and chilling, intricate yet consistent plot. A great product for great entertainment.
  9. Adam
    May 5, 2008
    This is an edge of your seat suspense thriller. Once I started watching it, I couldn't stop, episode after episode until the whole story has unfolded in front of me. A truly impressive TV show.
  10. wojtky
    Jun 20, 2009
    Micheal is a great actor. Of course Dexter is not good as Six Feet Under, or The Sopranos, but 1 season (best so far) is truly amazing experience. Best TV show from 2006.
  11. ElizabethD.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Absolutely my favorite tv series! I've never seen anything like it. I loved 'Six Feet Under', and would say '24' was my favorite series... until I found 'Dexter'. So original, entertaining, and thought provoking. So hard to wait for the next show that I wait for the season to end, rent the whole season and watch it almost non-stop. :)
  12. EB
    Oct 1, 2006
    What a great show! Fascinating and thought-provoking. There are some scenes where I had to close my eyes, but so what - that's sometimes a part of great fiction. As for the Wall Street journal review, I can only say: lighten up, Nancy, it's just that - FICTION!
  13. CoreyK
    Nov 27, 2006
    The show only gets better and better. Let's hope the Ice Truck Killer Plotline ends with a well-written conclusion and that Season 2 gets even better. Weeds Season 2 was a disappointment for all but the last episode.
  14. KarenB
    Nov 4, 2006
    Can't wait to watch each week!
  15. DavidR
    Oct 19, 2006
    Wow. This show is what you get if you blend CSI, the Hitman games, and a big pile of fun. And that's a good thing.
  16. NatashaA
    Oct 2, 2006
    This show gives a unique perspective on crime from the mind of a serial killer. It's unlike any show I have seen. Very interesting.
  17. StephanieC
    Oct 2, 2006
    I can't wait for the next episode.
  18. JesseS
    Oct 20, 2006
    One of my new favs. I got hooked on the Dexter series right away. The general plot lines and main character alone makes it kick ass. Kinda like a new and yet twisted CSI with a dash of "real justice". A must watch hit.
  19. LydiaC
    Love i t. Love michael.
  20. IanS
    Oct 20, 2006
    Five minutes into the premier and I was officialy hooked! Hall is perfect, the writing is brilliant, and the visuals are disturbing yet mesmerizing. If that's not enough, there is a dark humor that adds to the appeal. Sometimes I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. It is the best new series I've seen in close to ten years.
  21. Alexandre
    Dec 30, 2006
    It is really different show. Everybody should watch that show !
  22. ArmandoJ
    Dec 3, 2006
    Perfect!
  23. TinaK
    Dec 4, 2006
    The show is absolutly addicting and disturbing, but a weekly must see.
  24. AS
    Dec 4, 2006
    At first i ddint like it but as it moved on i started to enjoy it so 9/10
  25. monica&mattb
    Dec 6, 2006
    Truly addictive television; there's nothing else like it out there.
  26. AmyM
    Creepy, Intelligent, Hypnotic. This sohw is GREAT
  27. morganl
    Dec 7, 2006
    Awesome, dark and edgy show. I look forward to every episode.
  28. KristineW
    Oct 20, 2006
    With so many shows being cancelled, this show reminded me to have hope! There are great shows on the horizon.
  29. reginalds
    Oct 3, 2006
    Dexter is slickly written, acted, and directed. It's American Psycho meets The Boondock Saints; creepy, interesting, and entertaining.
  30. TomD
    Oct 3, 2006
    Sick, bloody and messy. I like it! Michael C. Hall is just a great actor.
  31. LindsayT
    Oct 6, 2006
    Great adaptation of the books...Michael C. Hall has found a role created for him. I was worried they wouldn't be able to put the subtleties of the character into a television show, but great job! I finally have a show I can look forward to watching every week!!!
  32. MikeK
    Oct 7, 2006
    This is a great new series. Dexter goes farther than the other CSI shows. He issues justice in his own sick way.
  33. ScotK
    Jan 11, 2007
    A great storyline with even better acting makes Dexter work briliantly well. Hall is fantastic, and although the plot twists are a little easy to predict, I was caught up instantly.
  34. JasonH
    Oct 14, 2007
    This is my favorite show! Its so original, We've seen hospital dramas, super powers, romance, and w/e, but not something like this. Its so awesome with the protagonist being an antihero, whose very profession and character are flawed in the eyes of society. Anyway, i think it's a great series, and I wish I could find in in Canada (I have had to download it)
  35. JennaP
    Jan 15, 2007
    This show doesn't have a 9.6 User Rating for nothing. It's thoroughly engaging, original, smart and at times gruesome. You have no idea what you're missing....
  36. cookie
    Oct 1, 2007
    Thank the gods. Trained professional actors, writers etc., Wonderful series, best in years.
  37. AmandaA.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Brilliant cast, excellent and witty. Artistically filmed and captures the audience by reversing the antagonist-protagonist roles. Top rate show!
  38. Carlo
    Jan 23, 2007
    Love this show! Michael Hall is a great actor! the story is interesting and the concept is fresh! two thumbs up!
  39. AdamL
    Jan 2, 2007
    This show is amazing. The concept, the characters, the plot twists... all so very well done.
  40. mark
    Jan 27, 2007
    I love it.....
  41. JarrodP.
    Oct 2, 2007
    Simply Excellent, plays on the fact that deep down we all wish bad guys would get what they deserve, and in this show; they do!
  42. ColdHand
    Oct 29, 2007
    Definitely one of the best show airing !
  43. SeanT.
    Jan 31, 2007
    Dexter is the best show in TV history. Period.
  44. RS.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Well written scripts with bloody theames. Good all round cast given something to do without being banal or trite. Action moves smoothly through story with the required suspension of disbelieve but with an intelligent logic that makes the show compelling to watch.
  45. Kaye
    Oct 7, 2007
    It is all too rare that a 1st rate book is turned tinto a 1st rate series. BRAVO to all involved!
  46. ziggyj
    Jan 8, 2007
    Just Excellent. A Master stroke of TV filming.
  47. Dissident
    Feb 11, 2007
    The best tv show!
  48. judyk
    Feb 2, 2007
    I have fell in love with this program, and now it is no longer on,and I can't find any thing about if it will be back or not.. I would love to see it come back, I looked forward to watching the new episodes every Sunday, and I even watched the reruns every other night, this show was the only show that I watched on show time.I flip over to that chanel of and on just hopeing to find I have fell in love with this program, and now it is no longer on,and I can't find any thing about if it will be back or not.. I would love to see it come back, I looked forward to watching the new episodes every Sunday, and I even watched the reruns every other night, this show was the only show that I watched on show time.I flip over to that chanel of and on just hopeing to find Dexter on, but it is not ! I miss this program and want to see it come back. Can you tell me if t it is going to come back ? And if so when ? Thank you , and looking forward for a reply soon. A Big Fan--- Judy Expand
  49. lanas
    Feb 21, 2007
    this is the smartest show I've seen in a long time. Definitely my new favourtie and cant wait til season 2.
  50. dorine
    Feb 6, 2007
    it's the best show ever... i live in romania and i watch tihs show... good job!!!
  51. ML
    Feb 9, 2007
    Yep. The best show I've seen on the tube. Mr Hall is the new king!!!
  52. BengisuK
    Mar 13, 2007
    i've only watched its first two episodes and already IN LOVE WITH IT. the tv show i've been waiting for! it's just amazing! i dunno how someone can't like it, lol!
  53. victori
    Mar 16, 2007
    This is the best show of 2006 (according to me), I'm always glued into place in front of the tv when it begins. I can't come up with anything I DON'T love about Dexter, it's awesome.
  54. PaulineM
    Apr 6, 2007
    I just love the show dexter, I watch it every sunday night, One reason that I like it so , he gets rid of the scum that the law lets go.It is twisted but he goes where most of us woundn't dare tread, its edgy and powerful at the same time.
  55. FlorenciaP
    May 14, 2007
    the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  56. JennyM.
    Jul 6, 2007
    10 - all the way. Acting and story excellent. I can't wait until season 2!
  57. GregR.
    Aug 19, 2007
    The critics got this one wrong. This is the best show in recent memory.
  58. Eriica
    Aug 27, 2007
    Most addicting show I've seen since the first season of Lost. Once I watched the pilot I was hooked Love it so much it's scary :) Michael C. Hall is brilliant!
  59. DylanN.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Excellent show, I agree, the critics that don't like it are wrong. Go Dexter!!!
  60. NickW.
    Sep 10, 2007
    So good I read the books.
  61. Cl
    Sep 22, 2007
    Michael C. Hall is perfect. the other actors are very good. first rate scripts making for great tv.
  62. JimR.
    Jan 12, 2008
    Dexter for President!
  63. AngeloO.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Addictive!
  64. ElJulio
    Jan 7, 2008
    Dexter is an excellent an original TV show!!!!
  65. CristinaH.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It's so hard for me to stick to a show, but Dexter has me addicted!
  66. AdrianM
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's so good that since the first season has finished, it feels like a good friend has left. Is it wrong to enjoy such a macabre show?
  67. MavisJ.
    Apr 2, 2008
    Love this interesting show. tom c hall is terrific as the serial killer/blood-spatter crime expert!
  68. TomS.
    May 7, 2008
    possibly saved television shows for me not much better than Dexter at the moment it enjoyable to watch
  69. AnthonyP.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Best TV series ever.
  70. TrishB.
    Sep 3, 2008
    I LOVE this show. Smart, funny, thought provoking, and of course gruesome. Best show in a long time
  71. JeffJ.
    Oct 1, 2009
    Best TV show around.
  72. staciac
    Dec 6, 2009
    i love dexter!!!!!!
  73. LeeZ
    Mar 22, 2009
    Excellent show - great cast, great plot - even my husband (who would never watch a crime show) thinks it's fantastic!
  74. CanO.
    May 15, 2009
    great show
  75. StephenS.
    Jun 17, 2009
    Absolute best show I've ever seen and I've seen a whole lot.
  76. VanessaD
    Jun 7, 2009
    Dexter is the best serial killer i haveever known!
  77. Shy
    Aug 26, 2009
    Always has me on the edge of my seat without a doubt one of the best shows out at the moment.
  78. TimmyL.
    Sep 20, 2009
    Great acting,consistently strong writing and riveting performance place DEXTER among television's best shows.
  79. JamesH.
    Sep 21, 2009
    This show hits so many chords spot-on. Visually stunning. Brilliant top class acting. Perfect script. Great music. Above all, the story really focuses on some fascinating questions. In particular, I found season 3 and the euthanasia topic really powerful. This is a fantastic show that has me constantly on the edge of my seat. It is the only show I've know to just get better and This show hits so many chords spot-on. Visually stunning. Brilliant top class acting. Perfect script. Great music. Above all, the story really focuses on some fascinating questions. In particular, I found season 3 and the euthanasia topic really powerful. This is a fantastic show that has me constantly on the edge of my seat. It is the only show I've know to just get better and better and better as time goes one. This show is perfection on every level. Expand
  80. StephanieC
    Apr 15, 2010
    I can't wait for the next episode.
  81. AndrewS
    Nov 1, 2006
    This show has you gripped. Intresting plot and good acting.
  82. DeborahM
    Oct 11, 2006
    Deliciously twisted and dark crime drama, it's absolutely the best show on television. It is definitely worth subscribing to Showtime for. It's a must see! Kudos to Michael C. Hall and Michael Cuesta. Another hit out of the ballpark.
  83. bellas
    Nov 14, 2006
    as a psych major i have never seen a better portrayal of a psychopath.
  84. CG
    Nov 14, 2006
    I never would have thought it possible to look through the eyes of a monster and find some connection. I understand what it is like to live by a rigidly held code, to use it as the only means of survival., and I love the witty dialogue. Great show
  85. CoryB
    Nov 17, 2006
    Love it
  86. DonH
    Nov 18, 2006
    This is the best show on TV..hands down. The lead is very slick and the supporting cast holds their own. I haven't been so excited about the next episode of a tv show since Season 3 of the Sopranos. GREAT TV.
  87. JeffP
    Nov 19, 2006
    An incredible and, perhaps, one of the best shows ever produced for televisions!
  88. ErikaB
    Nov 21, 2006
    this is the best show ever and he is hott
  89. MichaelP
    Nov 20, 2006
    My wife and I saw it on dish as a free preview. We got showtime just to watch Dexter. Great Show!
    Nov 22, 2006
    Excellent Show
  91. MarkS
    Nov 24, 2006
    After seven episodes, I am obsessed. This show if frickin' brilliant!
  92. DaveP
    Nov 30, 2006
    Hooked from the start.Michael C Hall is mesmerising, vulnerable yet deadly, imperfect yet intricate. It is still managing to ratchet up the tension every episode, now even tenser than this beautiful maniacs' dental floss. Shame that we in the UK will have to wait forever for all of our friends to watch it.
  93. EmilyP
    Nov 30, 2006
    This one sounded somewhat interesting, but I didn't get around to watching it until halfway through the season. Glad I did! The entire cast, especially Michael C. Hall, is just perfect, and the TV adaptation makes Dexter even more likeable than in the book. Great writing, great acting, great everything...This is the first show I plan on buying on DVD!
  94. Mr.Tang
    Oct 15, 2006
    No fancy words here, it's just a brilliant show that's worth my time and the time of those who aren't put off by it's darker content. It's takes a certain perspective to enjoy it and don't let those comments of "America in decline" stop you from gaining a new one.
  95. dcasey
    Oct 16, 2006
    weirdly different
  96. EdG
    Dec 11, 2006
    Great, original idea. The new center of water-cooler talk Monday mornings.
  97. nanciem
    Dec 11, 2006
    If I could ad plusses to the 10, then I would! Hall owns the series but ALL other actors are also at their peak. The kind of series you tell all your friends to watch (if you are slightly bent!). LOVE IT.
  98. ScottE
    Dec 12, 2006
    My favorite show on TV right now.
  99. TomM
    Oct 2, 2006
    Great casting, writing, acting & action!
  100. SarahE
    Genius.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.