Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. ChristinaN
    Dec 13, 2006
    It is so rare to get my boyfriend to watch a show with me, this is his show. We LOVE Dexter and I'm so excited to see the season finale! I've been thinking about it all week! Who would think a show about killers would be so entertaining?
  2. robync
    Dec 13, 2006
    This is the best show on TV. Michael C. Hall is great!!! The cast is amazing. I hope this show is around for many years!!!
  3. NatalieA
    Dec 15, 2006
    I can't wait for Sundays! This show is the best!
  4. jacquesf
    Dec 16, 2006
    Best show since "Carnivale"
  5. ChrisB.
    Dec 17, 2006
    Just saw the season 1 finale. Just wow. It isn't even close. This is easily the best show on TV today, and I watch them all!
  6. BrunoA
    Dec 18, 2006
    Perfect ! The best new show !!!
  7. LynetteM
    Dec 18, 2006
    Along with Heroes, this is THE best show on television! Thank goodness we have somewhere to go that doesn't include yet another lame reality show. Go Dexter, go!!
  8. PierreF
    Dec 18, 2006
    One of two tv shows I've never missed an episode.
  9. TommiS
    Dec 18, 2006
    Breathtaking. Best tv i've seen since Twin Peaks.
  10. BrianL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Easily one of the top 5 shows on TV.
  11. somegurl
    Dec 19, 2006
    sweet sweet show
  12. GillianP
    Dec 20, 2006
    great TV..i loved it
  13. PhilM
    Dec 25, 2006
    This is the reason i have showtime. This is simply the best show on television. If u dont have showtime get it because its worth the money just for this show... The only annoying thing is dexters sister and her partner because they suck at acting...but they dont have much to do with the show
  14. LorieW
    Dec 27, 2006
    The most addictive show I have ever watched! I watched Episode 1 two weeks ago and have already finished all 12 episodes. Michael C Hall is Brilliant!
  15. JohnD
    Dec 27, 2006
    Best show of 2006. Period.
  16. AnnS
    Dec 28, 2006
    Excellent acting, great story line . Love the show. Can't wait for the second season.
  17. KitchMan
    Dec 29, 2006
    Easily the best television series of the year. Michael C. Hall is one of the more underrated actors in Hollywood, he is simply brilliant in the lead (not to mention his work in Six Feet Under). Hopefully this wonderful show will not be over-looked come Emmy time.
  18. RobertD
    Dec 29, 2006
    Dexter is a compelling, 'darkly disturbing' series that contains markedly interesting characters and visuals. It seductively draws the viewer in and spits them out again when least expected. The combination of dark humour and a sterling performance by Michael C. Hall leads to one of the most memorable characters on TV today - Dexter Morgan, a true monster among monsters.
  19. hailiem
    Dec 30, 2006
    best showever! so addicting and suspensful! im addicted and i simply cant wait for the 2nd season. its brilliant!
  20. MelindaB
    Oct 23, 2006
    I didn't want to watch a new show, as there are so many things on tv now, but I was addicted after watching just one episode. Don't miss this, it's great!!!
  21. CanO.
    great show
  22. KevinD
    Oct 23, 2006
    If it gets cancelled I will cry
  23. AlanM
    Oct 24, 2006
    Excellent crime drama. Nothing else like it on TV and a reason for me to actually put down my xbox360 and watch TV again.
  24. BJNichols
    Dec 6, 2006
    Addictive, tivo worthy, and the characters get better with every episode. One of my favorites!
  25. diamondr
    Dec 8, 2006
    i hope this show will be on for a lond time.. if not i am going to be sad... :(
  26. maxb
    Sep 29, 2006
    great show. great performances. great writing.
  27. michaell
    Jan 11, 2007
    Brilliant. Clever. Unique. Michael C Hall and the rest of the cast are superb.
  28. JamieR.
    Nov 10, 2007
    Superb veiwing. Can not wait for seaspn 2.
  29. lisav.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Best Best Best show ever!!!!
  30. MattE.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Excellent series. Hall's performance is amazing and the tenebrous atmosphere is unsettling and at the same time delightful!
  31. Cyanyde
    Nov 16, 2007
    This show is the best I've ever seen.
  32. JoshKrueger
    Nov 21, 2007
    Amazing!
  33. JasonR.
    Nov 29, 2007
    From the eye catching opening to the hair rising end music this show is 10. P.S., love all the cast for the wonderful job they're doing.
  34. ChrisS.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Yes, it's a high quality series, but the writing is usually too stilited and the acting affected. The plot is predictable and what keeps us watching is not much more than a desire to know this unkowable character. It's a pretty cheap trick, and I'm not saying I don't like it. Just save your tens for works of genius that raise the barlike Deadwood and Six Feet Under.
  35. NickS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    The single greatest show on TV.
  36. DeeM
    Jan 21, 2007
    Dexter is the macabre elevated to an artform. The opening credits alone are a visual feast worth the 'price of admission.' Superb stuff at every single level.
  37. MikeS.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Fantastic show. Great acting, great writing, great story, and very original. Addictive, compelling, and often very funny. Season 2 is as good if not better.
  38. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Probably one of the best shows I've seen in years. Captivating and addictive.
  39. StarrK
    Dec 9, 2007
    The best show on tv. Period.
  40. SylviaW
    Feb 12, 2007
    I love this show, it rocks.
  41. DonN
    Feb 27, 2007
    Brilliant show that forces viewers to confront their own anti-social feelings. All of the major characters are well developed and Dexter's sister is almost as complex a character as her brother. Good suspense, fascinating storyline, great acting, great writing, and some very beautiful, arty directing. Best thing on American television since the Sopranos.
  42. JoannP
    Mar 17, 2007
    I am in love with Dexter. The show is brilliant and I need more!
  43. LeonA
    Mar 26, 2007
    dexter rules, dokes is the man!
  44. JoeB
    Apr 23, 2007
    This show is very well written and constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat. There are constant plot turns and they are not always so obvious like in other series.
  45. LMcKnight
    May 13, 2007
    This show is written very well. The characters are intoxicating (the cop sister not so much) and Michael C. Hall does a great job of pretending to be a serial killer pretending to be normal. It's a must watch, even for the weak of stomach.
  46. jeremyw
    May 23, 2007
    Best TV show ever!!!
  47. LeeTurcotte
    Jun 15, 2007
    This is a show with no real competition. Dexter manages to consistently excel in those areas where mainstream TV consistently fails. Among Dexter's many strengths are good writing, dark humor, close attention to production quality, and not treating the audience like a bunch of captive, halfwit consumertrons.
  48. DanielKearney
    Jun 29, 2007
    excellent, excellent show. Haven't seen such a quality show in YEARS.
  49. JasonS
    Jul 22, 2007
    Best new show, hands down.
  50. LaurenD.
    Jul 25, 2007
    like a good book, it is almost impossible to stop watching! Can't wait for the new season!
  51. GiaT.
    Nov 14, 2008
    I didn't know I would, but I did... I fell in love with Dexter! I could watch season one 'til the DVD player burns holes in the dics!
  52. CodyF
    Jan 21, 2008
    Dexter by far is the best show on television how could the critics give it a 77 its obviously a lot higher. Michael C. Halls performance is so breath taking Sometimes the plot twists are so amazing. As said before Dexter is simple the best show on television. Every episode leaves you sitting on your seat asking for more. It makes me wish metacritic went to 11 cause id give it and 11.
  53. LuluF.
    Dec 17, 2008
    Best...Show...Ever! After the first five minutes into Season One, I've been hooked. I've even got my dad addicted to this. I'm venturing to say this is better than The Simpsons.
  54. UberF.
    May 16, 2008
    Magnificent and terrifying. The only serial killer I know that I'd like to have a beer with and Erik King is hilarious as the suspicious Sergeant. A brilliant series
  55. JennyC.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Great dhow. Dry humor. Very enjoyable.
  56. MichaelS.
    Aug 29, 2008
    One of the best seasons of Television I have ever seen!
  57. PeterS.
    Sep 11, 2008
    I love this programme, at the present time its the only thing I HAVE to watch on TV. Everything about this show is top class. This and my other favourite show of all time (The Soprano's) set a bench mark of how great TV can be. Its only a shame TV this good does not come around often enough!
  58. RonJ
    Nov 3, 2009
    Excellent! Along with Califonication, the only 2 series to grab my attention in the last 10 years. John Lithgow is a top-notch actor (especially in creepy roles like the Trinity Killer), and is really making the show "pop" right now.
  59. TrevorC
    Oct 14, 2009
    The Only Thing on TV I have interest in watching since Seinfeld. Seriously - I have not watched a TV series since in a long time. I tried, just every show I tried to watch sucked - DEXTER IS THE BEST SHOW EVER.
  60. ArmandoJ
    Dec 19, 2009
    Perfect!
  61. FlorenciaP
    Oct 31, 2009
    the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. KaylaD.
    Jun 19, 2009
    I can't take my eyes off the television. Michael C. Hall delivers an outstanding performance that I could watch over and over and over.
  63. DylanF.
    Jun 26, 2009
    This show is amazing! Every person who gives this show a bad review gives the same excuses. Lighten up and stop being so politically correct. Dexter Defies any law enforcement show out there by bringing to the table an outrageous, brutal, mind bending, and hilarious dark comedy to us. The best show I have ever seen on television, It's like watching an award winning film every week. I This show is amazing! Every person who gives this show a bad review gives the same excuses. Lighten up and stop being so politically correct. Dexter Defies any law enforcement show out there by bringing to the table an outrageous, brutal, mind bending, and hilarious dark comedy to us. The best show I have ever seen on television, It's like watching an award winning film every week. I highly recommend! Expand
  64. MicheleA.
    Jul 23, 2009
    The greatest character I have ever seen, the most interesting and original show in the last years.
  65. George
    Sep 23, 2009
    I have recently discovered this show and it is amazing. I have seen several serial killer of serial killers content, though. Nonetheless this is the best adaptation I have ever seen. I will certainly read the book.
  66. carriee
    Nov 14, 2006
    Dexter is a fantastic new series! It's creative, humourous, dark, and different.
  67. GenaR
    Nov 16, 2006
    This is the most awesome show to premire in a L-O-N-G time!
  68. jurgenjurgen
    Nov 17, 2006
    exellent series! like nothing ive seen before. The way his character is described and develops during the series is great!
  69. martinp
    Nov 19, 2006
    amazing show
  70. marec
    Nov 21, 2006
    Totally enticing & addicting. Michael is brilliant. Best t.v series.. Deliciously macabre.
  71. JessicaB
    Nov 22, 2006
    Next to all the bland cop shows where they investigate a murder or whatever, Dexter stands out because, for once, the story is told from a serial killer's point of view. It's intriguing and far from making you recoil in fear Dexter shows the audience that he's as much human as the next guy. 10 stars for the different perspective and the chance to watch something entirely Next to all the bland cop shows where they investigate a murder or whatever, Dexter stands out because, for once, the story is told from a serial killer's point of view. It's intriguing and far from making you recoil in fear Dexter shows the audience that he's as much human as the next guy. 10 stars for the different perspective and the chance to watch something entirely original for the first time in a long while. Expand
  72. thomasq
    Nov 23, 2006
    I don't watch much t.v. besides some sports and I'm just tired of all the "reality tv". Dexter has me waiting for the next episode which isn't something I usually make plans around
  73. ErinS
    Nov 27, 2006
    i love this show...so suspenseful!
  74. staciac
    Dec 12, 2006
    i love dexter!!!!!!
  75. mattb
    Dec 14, 2006
    very good show, stong characters - hope it stays for years.
  76. VictorPassarelli
    melhor seriado não há!
  77. AndréL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Pra mim a melhor série dessa nova temporada e muito melhor também que muitas séries já renomadas. Pode não fazer muito sucesso pelo fato de ser exibida por um canal fechado. Mas quem assiste sabe o quão boa essa série é.
  78. JaredN
    Dec 23, 2006
    Best new show, and maybe one of the best shows ever.
  79. PallabD
    Dec 29, 2006
    There is only one word to describe this series. And that is "WEIRD". A truelly different thriller about a serial killer.
  80. frozenbarbie
    Dec 29, 2006
    Perfection, thy name is Dexter.
  81. RachelO.
    Nov 17, 2007
    I was one of the viewers that was tired of all the reality TV and spin offs. I had all but given up on TV! Since Dexter aired in 2006, I have been hooked from day one! This is a show I rush home to see. Oh, how I missed that feeling!
  82. AlS.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Amazing show. Great writing. Only a couple of slip-ups so far.
  83. voodoocookie
    Dec 16, 2007
    This is definitely the best show I have ever seen on TV. Not sure how it can return for a season 3 but I'm looking forward to see how creative the writers will get. Micheal C Hall is absolutely brilliant. He carries the whole show and is strangely charming. Very addictive!
  84. LuisF.
    Nov 17, 2008
    One of the best tv series right now. Hope they can keep the good pace till the end.
  85. CoryB
    Nov 24, 2008
    Love it
  86. Sep 22, 2010
    I could go on and on about how I enjoy Michael's acting and the brilliance of his character. I could rant about how the story plays out like a game of chess with well-made moves by Dexter while stalking his next victim. However, despite what I say about it, I'm always dying to see the next episode. That says it all.
  87. Dec 4, 2010
    I can't really explain why this show is so amazing. It just grabs you from the first episode and doesn't let you go. One may think that a show about a serial killer killing other serial killers would get old, but the story only gets more and more complex. You fall in love with a serial killer and actually find yourself rooting for Dexter while sympathizing for him in regards to hisI can't really explain why this show is so amazing. It just grabs you from the first episode and doesn't let you go. One may think that a show about a serial killer killing other serial killers would get old, but the story only gets more and more complex. You fall in love with a serial killer and actually find yourself rooting for Dexter while sympathizing for him in regards to his relationship problems with his sister, co-workers, girlfriend, and his father who has passed away and acts as his conscious. So far everyone I have talked to who has seen it has been taken in by the thrill and excitement this show provides. It's unpredictable and the writers are just getting better and better with each season. WARNING: Don't start watching until you have at least a couple free days in head of you... you won't want to stop! Expand
  88. Jan 21, 2011
    I started watching this show about mid way through the season with my dad. Then I decided I should watch it all the way through. And let me tell you, from that moment on I became a Dexter addict. Obviously, Michael C. Hall's portrayal of Dexter Morgan is as good of an acting job I have ever seen on TV. Obviously Doakes is hilarious and a wonderful supporting character. And of courseI started watching this show about mid way through the season with my dad. Then I decided I should watch it all the way through. And let me tell you, from that moment on I became a Dexter addict. Obviously, Michael C. Hall's portrayal of Dexter Morgan is as good of an acting job I have ever seen on TV. Obviously Doakes is hilarious and a wonderful supporting character. And of course there's the Ice Truck Killer. The Ice Truck Killer was extremely captivating, but the way he got to Dexter is pure brilliance. Fantastic... Expand
  89. Feb 5, 2011
    At first it looked outrageous to me and made me nauseous. Then the strong scenes made me realize he is just as human as anybody else. If you can stop watching it, do it!!! I couldn't. Simply the best show ever!!!
  90. Mar 13, 2011
    This is the best season of one of the best shows on TV it is astounding how easy it is to love a sadistic and twisted serial killer who has no emotion the entire plot is chilling and suspenseful in a way that is rare to find and to be applaud by its gore and dislike it simply do to that fact is a travesty. The man is a psychopath killing psychopaths the is nothing mundane let alone happyThis is the best season of one of the best shows on TV it is astounding how easy it is to love a sadistic and twisted serial killer who has no emotion the entire plot is chilling and suspenseful in a way that is rare to find and to be applaud by its gore and dislike it simply do to that fact is a travesty. The man is a psychopath killing psychopaths the is nothing mundane let alone happy about that fact. Expand
  91. Mar 28, 2011
    The introduction to Dexter, the introduction to the next addiction. Can you anyway tell me why I see under some critics with less than 150 characters and me I have to fulfil this stupid contract in order to submit this review
  92. Jun 2, 2011
    The best TV series i had ever saw. Better than Dr House or Mentalist. Is really exciting. Superbly acted and treated. I bow before Michael C. Hall, Julie Benz and the other.
  93. Sep 13, 2011
    love this show ... it's awesome funny exciting keep's you on your toe's can't wait to see season 6. keep em coming!!! what i like most about it is he's a serial killer killing bad people which is different an he live's well trys to live a normal life while killing for his hobby i really think this is a great show its very interesting me an all my friend's an family watch it .
  94. Oct 22, 2011
    Blood, violence, murder, and sexual dysfunction, as well as sometimes annoying or psychotic characters are what this show contains, but these are NOT what Dexter is about. The ingenious people behind Dexter play with the grey area of morality. Obviously we can't clearly say that serial killers can be moral, but we can say killing another serial killer is less wrong than an otherwiseBlood, violence, murder, and sexual dysfunction, as well as sometimes annoying or psychotic characters are what this show contains, but these are NOT what Dexter is about. The ingenious people behind Dexter play with the grey area of morality. Obviously we can't clearly say that serial killers can be moral, but we can say killing another serial killer is less wrong than an otherwise innocent person. We all know there is not always a right or wrong answer for everything, and to play off that is amazing, shocking, and original. The viewers and critics who support Dexter take great television seriously. Expand
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    Dexter is the best TV-series on air, i love every minute of it!
    The story is about Dexter, he is a serial killer. When he was a kid his mother died in front of him, and that made him a serial killer. But nobody knows he is a serial killer, so he have to pretend that he is a normal person, and that can be though
  96. Nov 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The series as a whole is fantastic, real originality; and Michael C. Hall looks and plays the part well. Dexter is up there with Lost, in terms of that urge to watch the next episode; often resulting in late nights and tiresome mornings, which the other half/work don't appreciate too much. The different perspectives used to make you relate to each and every "Main" character is a touch of genius, especially when we're talking about serial killers. The narrative throughout some how justifies the brutality for the 50 minutes or so you are tuned in each week.

The only negatives I, personally, can see with the production is the failure to evolutionise the characters surrounding Dexter Morgan. No one seems to change, and the real world is constantly changing in terms of personal opinions. Also the producers seem to find it hard to truly kill off a character, they're always re-appearing in cameos; Most recently Christian Camargo's return, rather pointless and sometimes annoying. It takes away from the characters memory, if that makes sense.

Over all I would recommend this show to anyone (above a certain age).
  97. Nov 21, 2011
    Brilliant story, great in depth character investment, shocking plot twists. You get it all with Dexter. You are thrown right into the life of a serial killer with a code of ethics and learn about the dark side of humanity (or the series writers). Always entertaining and good episode cliffhangers. 5 out of 5 here!
  98. Dec 20, 2011
    Very exciting unusual story series.
    Impressed by the protagonist.
    I like this movie series. I hope that the extension will be even more interesting.
  99. Dec 27, 2011
    Dexter took the pretty good novel series and made it incredible. Fueled by amazing acting all-around, Dexter is sure to satisfy. Dexter: Season 1, is the second best of all the Dexter seasons.
  100. Aug 5, 2012
    My favourite tv series of all time! The first season is probably one of best, the origin of this series that have something special, the brute form of Dexter, with one of the best endings

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.