• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
9.2

1. Feb 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far one of, if not, favorite shoes ever. I was upset it ended at season eight. Very unique and interesting. It took me till this year (2014) to watch them. Once I started I continued to watch until I seen all episodes. I would even watch episodes during work. I would encourage those that put the show together to continue with the series and or make a movie. However, Great job guys on the work. Expand
  2. Feb 6, 2014
    Just watched the first season on Netflix. Hall's acting and the writing for his character, the dialog/monologue I mean, are brilliant. Some of the plot twists are a little far fetched, even if you accept the basic (highly unlikely) premise. Like Rudy/Brian was really able to scuba dive, find and bring up one of Dexter's victims? And I understand some people's discomfort with shows like this pushing the envelope and perhaps desensitizing the audience. But it doesn't really help that problem if I don't watch it on Netflix, and I'm too old to desensitize! Expand
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    Excellent first season - I read the books and this is definitely superlative to the source material - I'm sure even the author would agree... don't you?
  4. Jun 4, 2014
    The first was truly the best. Season 1 was Dexter at his darkest, a chilling monster with a demented moral code. It also ends perfectly, unlike all the seasons which followed it. Great television. If you're new to the series I would even go so far as to suggest you treat Dexter as a miniseries and only watch this season. (if not, at least stop after season 4.)
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    It is mind captivating, and has a wonderful twist in each individual season. The seasons decline in terms of being well thought out, but even with that, it is still one of the best shows to have been ever made. Period. You are pulled in with a killer plot (pun) and a very well acted cast. You couldnt ask for a better, and well rounded show...
  6. Jul 9, 2014
    I just started watching Dexter on Netflix and find it to be quite captivating. I like that it can be of suspense/thriller but still involve comedy. It is a good show and I shall continue to watch it.
  7. Sep 17, 2014
    I can see how people liked this show. I watched a few episodes and it's interesting and I guess it's okay. I just never really got into it or found it mind blowingly amazing or particularly good I guess....meh
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    This series Envelopes a dark side of humanity that exists in all of us...all of us have a desire to kill to some degree, whether it be when we hypothesize about avenging a family member or any other situation that would warrant us to kill we can all relate to the "dark passenger"
  9. Oct 23, 2014
    Top notch show in my books... although the last season was somewhat disappointing, and the final episode SUCKED in comparison to the shows that were popular/ ending around the same time. Much love to season 4 though, so epic.
  10. Oct 13, 2014
    Dexter first season is smart from the begining to the end, it suprises you and keeps you awake with it's creativity and non-predictable story, it just introduces you the great actor that Michael C. Hall is, by his face you know that Dexter is empty inside, a hollow monster that lives a lie trying to share his feeling with someone that could possibly deal with his truth without wanting to kill him, Dexter is my new favorite one. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Reviewed by: Adam Sternbergh
    Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.