• Network: Showtime
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.2

1. NickW.
    Sep 10, 2007
    So good I read the books.
  2. Cl
    Sep 22, 2007
    Michael C. Hall is perfect. the other actors are very good. first rate scripts making for great tv.
  3. JimR.
    Jan 12, 2008
    Dexter for President!
  4. AngeloO.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Addictive!
  5. ElJulio
    Jan 7, 2008
    Dexter is an excellent an original TV show!!!!
  6. CristinaH.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It's so hard for me to stick to a show, but Dexter has me addicted!
  7. AdrianM
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's so good that since the first season has finished, it feels like a good friend has left. Is it wrong to enjoy such a macabre show?
  8. MavisJ.
    Apr 2, 2008
    Love this interesting show. tom c hall is terrific as the serial killer/blood-spatter crime expert!
  9. TomS.
    May 7, 2008
    possibly saved television shows for me not much better than Dexter at the moment it enjoyable to watch
  10. AnthonyP.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Best TV series ever.
  11. TrishB.
    Sep 3, 2008
    I LOVE this show. Smart, funny, thought provoking, and of course gruesome. Best show in a long time
  12. JeffJ.
    Oct 1, 2009
    Best TV show around.
  13. LeeZ
    Mar 22, 2009
    Excellent show - great cast, great plot - even my husband (who would never watch a crime show) thinks it's fantastic!
  14. CanO.
    May 15, 2009
    great show
  15. StephenS.
    Jun 17, 2009
    Absolute best show I've ever seen and I've seen a whole lot.
  16. VanessaD
    Jun 7, 2009
    Dexter is the best serial killer i haveever known!
  17. Shy
    Aug 26, 2009
    Always has me on the edge of my seat without a doubt one of the best shows out at the moment.
  18. TimmyL.
    Sep 20, 2009
    Great acting,consistently strong writing and riveting performance place DEXTER among television's best shows.
  19. JamesH.
    Sep 21, 2009
    This show hits so many chords spot-on. Visually stunning. Brilliant top class acting. Perfect script. Great music. Above all, the story really focuses on some fascinating questions. In particular, I found season 3 and the euthanasia topic really powerful. This is a fantastic show that has me constantly on the edge of my seat. It is the only show I've know to just get better and This show hits so many chords spot-on. Visually stunning. Brilliant top class acting. Perfect script. Great music. Above all, the story really focuses on some fascinating questions. In particular, I found season 3 and the euthanasia topic really powerful. This is a fantastic show that has me constantly on the edge of my seat. It is the only show I've know to just get better and better and better as time goes one. This show is perfection on every level. Expand
  20. StephanieC
    Apr 15, 2010
    I can't wait for the next episode.
  21. DeborahM
    Oct 11, 2006
    Deliciously twisted and dark crime drama, it's absolutely the best show on television. It is definitely worth subscribing to Showtime for. It's a must see! Kudos to Michael C. Hall and Michael Cuesta. Another hit out of the ballpark.
  22. bellas
    Nov 14, 2006
    as a psych major i have never seen a better portrayal of a psychopath.
  23. JeffP
    Nov 19, 2006
    An incredible and, perhaps, one of the best shows ever produced for televisions!
  24. ErikaB
    Nov 21, 2006
    this is the best show ever and he is hott
  25. MichaelP
    Nov 20, 2006
    My wife and I saw it on dish as a free preview. We got showtime just to watch Dexter. Great Show!
    Nov 22, 2006
    Excellent Show
  27. MarkS
    Nov 24, 2006
    After seven episodes, I am obsessed. This show if frickin' brilliant!
  28. DaveP
    Nov 30, 2006
    Hooked from the start.Michael C Hall is mesmerising, vulnerable yet deadly, imperfect yet intricate. It is still managing to ratchet up the tension every episode, now even tenser than this beautiful maniacs' dental floss. Shame that we in the UK will have to wait forever for all of our friends to watch it.
  29. EmilyP
    Nov 30, 2006
    This one sounded somewhat interesting, but I didn't get around to watching it until halfway through the season. Glad I did! The entire cast, especially Michael C. Hall, is just perfect, and the TV adaptation makes Dexter even more likeable than in the book. Great writing, great acting, great everything...This is the first show I plan on buying on DVD!
  30. Mr.Tang
    Oct 15, 2006
    No fancy words here, it's just a brilliant show that's worth my time and the time of those who aren't put off by it's darker content. It's takes a certain perspective to enjoy it and don't let those comments of "America in decline" stop you from gaining a new one.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Reviewed by: Adam Sternbergh
    Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.