• Network: Showtime
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. JoanneC.
    Jul 15, 2007
    Excellent Series, I am totally addicted. First show was a little odd, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Second show I had flashes of love hate, but the love was definately felt for 75% of the show. By show 3 I was hooked. Dexter is a very clever character and Michael C Hall is perfect in this role. You can't help but like him. This is one series I will definately by buying the Excellent Series, I am totally addicted. First show was a little odd, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Second show I had flashes of love hate, but the love was definately felt for 75% of the show. By show 3 I was hooked. Dexter is a very clever character and Michael C Hall is perfect in this role. You can't help but like him. This is one series I will definately by buying the complete seasons for my collections so I can watch them over and over again. Expand
  2. AdamS
    Jul 26, 2007
    I liked this man :)
  3. DavidK
    Aug 15, 2007
    I don't normally review things, but I had to help let it be known. Hands down, best new show of the last few years.
  4. AlyA
    Aug 22, 2007
    I loved this show so much that I read the books its based on and I think it may have been as good or even better in some cases. I bought it on DVD the day it came out and can't wait for the next season to start.
  5. susans
    Aug 24, 2007
    WOW, just started watching the DVD's. I am hooked, no wonder it got such great reviews. It's blowing me away with Michael C. Hall's acting. This is a guilty pleasure that I hate to admit, I am loving a serial killer.
  6. LauraR
    Aug 31, 2007
    Dexter is amazing. For me the acting and the soundtrack make the show. I mean the opening credits are brilliant. Very tongue in cheek, creepy but making fun at the same time.
  7. CP.
    Sep 15, 2007
    I didn't like the show at first, but I've rarely been so glad to have stuck with a TV show. Very interesting story and characters.
  8. MaryLouForce
    Sep 21, 2007
    Outstanding. Michael C. Hall is astonishing. Imaginative, compelling, intelligent. What more could one want?
  9. MitchF
    Jan 1, 2008
    I haven't been this captivated by a show in years.
  10. Piotr
    Jan 14, 2008
    Amazing... just brilliant!
  11. KarenW.
    Nov 8, 2008
    Thoroughly addictive and well-suited to watching on DVD. We were so addicted we finished season 1 in a few days. Season 2 was quite good but not as good as season 1.
  12. PhilipK
    Jan 3, 2008
    Best show ever shown on television. Period.
  13. MichaelP.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Best cable tv show ever.
  14. JimmyJ.
    Feb 15, 2008
    Dexter is flat out the best show on TV. While the critics gush over crap like Grey's Anatomy, the rest of us enjoy our good fortune of having Dexter to remind us of how truly great TV can be.
  15. MeganT.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Morbid and gruesome, just how i like it...nice work!
  16. KellyU.
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love the character development. What an awesome show, I'm hooked.
  17. MichaelG.
    Mar 27, 2008
    Best show on t.v. right now, hands down. Watch it!
  18. GilS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Michael C. Hall is the most talented actor I have ever seen. His phenomenal capabilities are being emphasized by his unique ability to play the complex Dexter character so brilliantly with mimics I have never seen before. No doubt that the brilliant script and the genius Michael, makes this TV series the most fascinating of all times.
  19. LeahT
    Mar 9, 2008
    Perhaps the most enticing character to hit screens since House, M.D. came out in 2004, Dexter is everything anyone could ever wish for from a lovable serial killer. Seriously, watch this sociopath toy with his barely existent emotions...and feel yourself rooting him on.
  20. PaulB
    Mar 9, 2008
    Brilliant, disturbing and chilling. Dexter keeps on the edge of your seat and you can't help wanting more and more.
  21. MatthewM.
    Apr 22, 2008
    The first time i watched Dexter i was floored and quickly watched the rest of the two seasons. The character that Hall portrays is genius, and the moral dilemmas Dexter goes through are utterly intriguing. My Favorite New Show.
  22. JustinD.
    Apr 27, 2008
    Absolutely incredible show, great writing, Michael C. Hall is one of the best actors on TV. A new take on the superhero formula.
  23. GH
    Apr 8, 2008
    Absolutely brilliant. The people who have rated it badly cause of the first 2-3 shows do not know what they are missing.
  24. John
    May 5, 2008
    Best show I have seen in a long time. it is funny to put these shows together but flight of the concords, extras and dexter are evidence that there is brilliance out there.
  25. BrianC.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Best show on TV, period.
  26. DebraS.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This show, IMHO is refreshing, exhilarating, amusing, clever, and addictive. The writing is first rate, as is the acting and set decorations.
  27. JadeD.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Dexter is simply just the best show playing on television right now. It's highly debatable plot makes the show even more intriguing. Acting is excellent. My favorite thing about that show is the music. Amazing music. Amazing show.
  28. TylerT
    Nov 22, 2009
    I think Dexter is the greatest TV show out there right now. All i wanna do is watch Dexter now. I look foward to it every night. ITS AWESOME!!
  29. Bill
    Oct 14, 2009
    You know, It really bugs me that ppl complain about the show just because of its graphic nature and the fact ppl root for the killer. First off no matter where you there will be ppl rooting for a villian in a movie/show or whatever. Dexter is not for children and directed at adults obviously and if you dont want your children to watch the show then take control of your child and dont let You know, It really bugs me that ppl complain about the show just because of its graphic nature and the fact ppl root for the killer. First off no matter where you there will be ppl rooting for a villian in a movie/show or whatever. Dexter is not for children and directed at adults obviously and if you dont want your children to watch the show then take control of your child and dont let them. As for Adults you should know that its just a show and is not real. If someone becomes a murderer and say its because he idolizes Dexter or whatever then obviously he/she is unbalanced and should be put away. I mean as far as the content goes, I abolutely love Dexter but when i see something on Trauma life in ER with someone being operated on, i am running to the bathroom getting ready to vomit. I can distinguish whats real and whats not. I think Dexter is an awsome show and hope it stays on the air for awhile. The Story is excellent and so is character development. I honestly cant think of a negative thing about Dexter besides the fact that i can be slow at times and i normally can handle slow movie shows or movies but there was just the once i felt that during the series. Other than that everything i have to say is positive so im going give it a 10. Expand
  30. DanielC
    Nov 9, 2009
    Smart, funny, entertaining. All three things you want in a TV series and Dexter gets it spot on. The character development is fantastic and the fact that the series are only 12 episodes only helps the show accelerate into the season finale climax that you know will blow you away!

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.