Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. LinP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Simply brilliant! Best new show on TV!
  2. dudleydoright
    Oct 9, 2006
    Addicting..
  3. TylerS
    Jan 2, 2007
    One of the best dramas I have ever seen!
  4. LisaH
    Jan 3, 2007
    AWESOME show. I am completely obsessed witht his series and I enver get into a tv series. Can't wait until next year!!
  5. Maria
    Oct 8, 2007
    One of the two TV shows that I really enjoyed in the last 10 years. The show is brilliant and probably even better, than the original books.
  6. MichaelD.
    Oct 9, 2007
    A finely drawn character study masquerading as a blood-splashed procedural, Dexter explores what it means to feel human
  7. AlexisK
    May 6, 2007
    This show totally creeps me out! I love it...always keeps me guessing!
  8. CedricC
    Jun 4, 2007
    Excellent show with great storyline. Can't wait to see how they'll keep up with the story next season.
  9. JulieF
    Aug 8, 2007
    Best new series i have seen in many years. Can't wait for next season.
  10. rossc
    Oct 17, 2006
    who would think a show about a serial killer could be sooo funny . Great show .
  11. JessM
    Dec 4, 2006
    This is the best show I have ever seen! An mix of CSI and unnatural humor and drama!
  12. FurionL
    Dec 6, 2006
    I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His girlfriend, his sister, Angel, and his superiors (most specifically his Lieutenant seems to change a lot) all have their bits where Dexter isn't always the in the spotlight... In fact, you will find yourself knowing more than Dexter the more it progresses. I guess I have a sardonic sense of humor, which is why I enjoy this, and find myself laughing at a few dark part (specifically at parts where he snags the person, or does something completely out of character for his usual self -- such as acting on emotion and smashing someone in the head with a frying pan). If you've watched the first two episodes in it or so, and dropped it because it didn't seem so interesting... I suggest picking it up again and giving it a chance again. I really enjoyed this. 9.5 out of 10 with 119 votes can't be bad, eh? Expand
  13. melin
    best show on tv
  14. MerrileeF
    Dec 7, 2006
    This show had me from the first episode. It is extremely entertaining and engrossing. Michael Hall is so intriguing as Dexter, he pulls you in and makes you feel for his character. After all, he's trying to find his way in life just like the rest of us. I find myself watching reruns during the week because I want more. I highly recommend it!
  15. RonB
    Oct 2, 2006
    The most creative show ever. Brilliant concept. Kept me mezmerized for the entire hour. Very good entertainment. Good character fits. Love the story line.
  16. KateH
    Oct 20, 2006
    I'm actually studying to be a clinical forensic psychologist, so this stuff is my bread and butter. But the most impressive thing is how superbly they have nailed the psychopath. Another reviewer said s/he can't find humanity in him... well, because there is none. That's the point. Dexter is the ultimate anti-hero, and I find the show to be fascinating, funny, incredibly I'm actually studying to be a clinical forensic psychologist, so this stuff is my bread and butter. But the most impressive thing is how superbly they have nailed the psychopath. Another reviewer said s/he can't find humanity in him... well, because there is none. That's the point. Dexter is the ultimate anti-hero, and I find the show to be fascinating, funny, incredibly original, and (of course) disturbing. I've grown so bored with cop procedural, even though I still like the subject matter. Dexter is a perfect fit for those of us who want to be challenged by television; who want a show that makes us think about morality, and the nature of humanity. If you're not into that, it's just plain fun too. Expand
  17. MaryEllenP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Thank god for cable, or shows like this would never happen. Sorry I never saw Six Feet Under. May need to check it out on DVD.
  18. JSumpter
    Jan 5, 2007
    Can't wait 4 season 2....
  19. md
    Feb 3, 2007
    outstanding
  20. ZiadA
    Mar 3, 2007
    One of the best shows i've ever seen, but didn't like the way they started the drama with the fealings :'( .Can't wait for the 2'nd Season.
  21. Lilt
    Apr 30, 2007
    Not one who easily gets addicted to tv shows, but have been faithfully watching Dexter. Super-smart, slick and stylish, diabolical wit conveyed with perfection by Hall. Just finished season 1 last night (last 4 episodes climaxed to a perfect end!) and can't wait for 2nd season.
  22. battosaiiiii^^
    Jul 2, 2007
    Simply the best!
  25. StalwartL.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Great acting and chilling, intricate yet consistent plot. A great product for great entertainment.
  26. Adam
    May 5, 2008
    This is an edge of your seat suspense thriller. Once I started watching it, I couldn't stop, episode after episode until the whole story has unfolded in front of me. A truly impressive TV show.
  27. ElizabethD.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Absolutely my favorite tv series! I've never seen anything like it. I loved 'Six Feet Under', and would say '24' was my favorite series... until I found 'Dexter'. So original, entertaining, and thought provoking. So hard to wait for the next show that I wait for the season to end, rent the whole season and watch it almost non-stop. :)
  28. CoreyK
    Nov 27, 2006
    The show only gets better and better. Let's hope the Ice Truck Killer Plotline ends with a well-written conclusion and that Season 2 gets even better. Weeds Season 2 was a disappointment for all but the last episode.
  29. KarenB
    Nov 4, 2006
    Can't wait to watch each week!
  30. DavidR
    Oct 19, 2006
    Wow. This show is what you get if you blend CSI, the Hitman games, and a big pile of fun. And that's a good thing.
  31. JesseS
    Oct 20, 2006
    One of my new favs. I got hooked on the Dexter series right away. The general plot lines and main character alone makes it kick ass. Kinda like a new and yet twisted CSI with a dash of "real justice". A must watch hit.
  32. LydiaC
    Love i t. Love michael.
  33. IanS
    Oct 20, 2006
    Five minutes into the premier and I was officialy hooked! Hall is perfect, the writing is brilliant, and the visuals are disturbing yet mesmerizing. If that's not enough, there is a dark humor that adds to the appeal. Sometimes I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. It is the best new series I've seen in close to ten years.
  34. Alexandre
    Dec 30, 2006
    It is really different show. Everybody should watch that show !
  35. ArmandoJ
    Dec 3, 2006
    Perfect!
  36. TinaK
    Dec 4, 2006
    The show is absolutly addicting and disturbing, but a weekly must see.
  37. monica&mattb
    Dec 6, 2006
    Truly addictive television; there's nothing else like it out there.
  38. AmyM
    Oct 2, 2006
    Creepy, Intelligent, Hypnotic. This sohw is GREAT
  39. morganl
    Dec 7, 2006
    Awesome, dark and edgy show. I look forward to every episode.
  40. LindsayT
    Oct 6, 2006
    Great adaptation of the books...Michael C. Hall has found a role created for him. I was worried they wouldn't be able to put the subtleties of the character into a television show, but great job! I finally have a show I can look forward to watching every week!!!
  41. MikeK
    Oct 7, 2006
    This is a great new series. Dexter goes farther than the other CSI shows. He issues justice in his own sick way.
  42. ScotK
    Jan 11, 2007
    A great storyline with even better acting makes Dexter work briliantly well. Hall is fantastic, and although the plot twists are a little easy to predict, I was caught up instantly.
  43. JasonH
    Oct 14, 2007
    This is my favorite show! Its so original, We've seen hospital dramas, super powers, romance, and w/e, but not something like this. Its so awesome with the protagonist being an antihero, whose very profession and character are flawed in the eyes of society. Anyway, i think it's a great series, and I wish I could find in in Canada (I have had to download it)
  44. JennaP
    Jan 15, 2007
    This show doesn't have a 9.6 User Rating for nothing. It's thoroughly engaging, original, smart and at times gruesome. You have no idea what you're missing....
  45. cookie
    Oct 1, 2007
    Thank the gods. Trained professional actors, writers etc., Wonderful series, best in years.
  46. AmandaA.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Brilliant cast, excellent and witty. Artistically filmed and captures the audience by reversing the antagonist-protagonist roles. Top rate show!
  47. Carlo
    Jan 23, 2007
    Love this show! Michael Hall is a great actor! the story is interesting and the concept is fresh! two thumbs up!
  48. AdamL
    Jan 2, 2007
    This show is amazing. The concept, the characters, the plot twists... all so very well done.
  49. mark
    Jan 27, 2007
    I love it.....
  50. JarrodP.
    Oct 2, 2007
    Simply Excellent, plays on the fact that deep down we all wish bad guys would get what they deserve, and in this show; they do!
  51. ColdHand
    Oct 29, 2007
    Definitely one of the best show airing !
  52. SeanT.
    Jan 31, 2007
    Dexter is the best show in TV history. Period.
  53. RS.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Well written scripts with bloody theames. Good all round cast given something to do without being banal or trite. Action moves smoothly through story with the required suspension of disbelieve but with an intelligent logic that makes the show compelling to watch.
  54. Kaye
    Oct 7, 2007
    It is all too rare that a 1st rate book is turned tinto a 1st rate series. BRAVO to all involved!
  55. ziggyj
    Jan 8, 2007
    Just Excellent. A Master stroke of TV filming.
  56. Dissident
    Feb 11, 2007
    The best tv show!
  57. judyk
    Feb 2, 2007
    I have fell in love with this program, and now it is no longer on,and I can't find any thing about if it will be back or not.. I would love to see it come back, I looked forward to watching the new episodes every Sunday, and I even watched the reruns every other night, this show was the only show that I watched on show time.I flip over to that chanel of and on just hopeing to find I have fell in love with this program, and now it is no longer on,and I can't find any thing about if it will be back or not.. I would love to see it come back, I looked forward to watching the new episodes every Sunday, and I even watched the reruns every other night, this show was the only show that I watched on show time.I flip over to that chanel of and on just hopeing to find Dexter on, but it is not ! I miss this program and want to see it come back. Can you tell me if t it is going to come back ? And if so when ? Thank you , and looking forward for a reply soon. A Big Fan--- Judy Collapse
  58. lanas
    Feb 21, 2007
    this is the smartest show I've seen in a long time. Definitely my new favourtie and cant wait til season 2.
  59. dorine
    Feb 6, 2007
    it's the best show ever... i live in romania and i watch tihs show... good job!!!
  60. ML
    Feb 9, 2007
    Yep. The best show I've seen on the tube. Mr Hall is the new king!!!
  61. BengisuK
    Mar 13, 2007
    i've only watched its first two episodes and already IN LOVE WITH IT. the tv show i've been waiting for! it's just amazing! i dunno how someone can't like it, lol!
  62. victori
    Mar 16, 2007
    This is the best show of 2006 (according to me), I'm always glued into place in front of the tv when it begins. I can't come up with anything I DON'T love about Dexter, it's awesome.
  63. PaulineM
    Apr 6, 2007
    I just love the show dexter, I watch it every sunday night, One reason that I like it so , he gets rid of the scum that the law lets go.It is twisted but he goes where most of us woundn't dare tread, its edgy and powerful at the same time.
  64. FlorenciaP
    May 14, 2007
    the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  65. JennyM.
    Jul 6, 2007
    10 - all the way. Acting and story excellent. I can't wait until season 2!
  66. GregR.
    Aug 19, 2007
    The critics got this one wrong. This is the best show in recent memory.
  67. Eriica
    Aug 27, 2007
    Most addicting show I've seen since the first season of Lost. Once I watched the pilot I was hooked Love it so much it's scary :) Michael C. Hall is brilliant!
  68. DylanN.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Excellent show, I agree, the critics that don't like it are wrong. Go Dexter!!!
  69. NickW.
    Sep 10, 2007
    So good I read the books.
  70. Cl
    Sep 22, 2007
    Michael C. Hall is perfect. the other actors are very good. first rate scripts making for great tv.
  71. JimR.
    Jan 12, 2008
    Dexter for President!
  72. AngeloO.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Addictive!
  73. CristinaH.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It's so hard for me to stick to a show, but Dexter has me addicted!
  74. AdrianM
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's so good that since the first season has finished, it feels like a good friend has left. Is it wrong to enjoy such a macabre show?
  75. MavisJ.
    Apr 2, 2008
    Love this interesting show. tom c hall is terrific as the serial killer/blood-spatter crime expert!
  76. TomS.
    May 7, 2008
    possibly saved television shows for me not much better than Dexter at the moment it enjoyable to watch
  77. AnthonyP.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Best TV series ever.
  78. TrishB.
    Sep 3, 2008
    I LOVE this show. Smart, funny, thought provoking, and of course gruesome. Best show in a long time
  79. JeffJ.
    Oct 1, 2009
    Best TV show around.
  80. staciac
    Dec 6, 2009
    i love dexter!!!!!!
  81. LeeZ
    Mar 22, 2009
    Excellent show - great cast, great plot - even my husband (who would never watch a crime show) thinks it's fantastic!
  82. CanO.
    May 15, 2009
    great show
  83. StephenS.
    Jun 17, 2009
    Absolute best show I've ever seen and I've seen a whole lot.
  84. VanessaD
    Jun 7, 2009
    Dexter is the best serial killer i haveever known!
  85. Shy
    Aug 26, 2009
    Always has me on the edge of my seat without a doubt one of the best shows out at the moment.
  86. TimmyL.
    Sep 20, 2009
    Great acting,consistently strong writing and riveting performance place DEXTER among television's best shows.
  87. JamesH.
    Sep 21, 2009
    This show hits so many chords spot-on. Visually stunning. Brilliant top class acting. Perfect script. Great music. Above all, the story really focuses on some fascinating questions. In particular, I found season 3 and the euthanasia topic really powerful. This is a fantastic show that has me constantly on the edge of my seat. It is the only show I've know to just get better and This show hits so many chords spot-on. Visually stunning. Brilliant top class acting. Perfect script. Great music. Above all, the story really focuses on some fascinating questions. In particular, I found season 3 and the euthanasia topic really powerful. This is a fantastic show that has me constantly on the edge of my seat. It is the only show I've know to just get better and better and better as time goes one. This show is perfection on every level. Expand
  88. StephanieC
    Apr 15, 2010
    I can't wait for the next episode.
  89. AndrewS
    Nov 1, 2006
    This show has you gripped. Intresting plot and good acting.
  90. DeborahM
    Oct 11, 2006
    Deliciously twisted and dark crime drama, it's absolutely the best show on television. It is definitely worth subscribing to Showtime for. It's a must see! Kudos to Michael C. Hall and Michael Cuesta. Another hit out of the ballpark.
  91. bellas
    Nov 14, 2006
    as a psych major i have never seen a better portrayal of a psychopath.
  92. CG
    Nov 14, 2006
    I never would have thought it possible to look through the eyes of a monster and find some connection. I understand what it is like to live by a rigidly held code, to use it as the only means of survival., and I love the witty dialogue. Great show
  93. CoryB
    Nov 17, 2006
    Love it
  94. DonH
    Nov 18, 2006
    This is the best show on TV..hands down. The lead is very slick and the supporting cast holds their own. I haven't been so excited about the next episode of a tv show since Season 3 of the Sopranos. GREAT TV.
  95. JeffP
    Nov 19, 2006
    An incredible and, perhaps, one of the best shows ever produced for televisions!
  96. ErikaB
    Nov 21, 2006
    this is the best show ever and he is hott
  97. MichaelP
    Nov 20, 2006
    My wife and I saw it on dish as a free preview. We got showtime just to watch Dexter. Great Show!
    Nov 22, 2006
    Excellent Show
  99. MarkS
    Nov 24, 2006
    After seven episodes, I am obsessed. This show if frickin' brilliant!
  100. DaveP
    Nov 30, 2006
    Hooked from the start.Michael C Hall is mesmerising, vulnerable yet deadly, imperfect yet intricate. It is still managing to ratchet up the tension every episode, now even tenser than this beautiful maniacs' dental floss. Shame that we in the UK will have to wait forever for all of our friends to watch it.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.