8.4

1. Dec 28, 2012
    Basically a continuation of Season 5. If you liked Season 5 you will like this season, if you did not like season 5 you will not like Season 6. I personally enjoyed Season 5 and Season 6. I didn't really care for the change in format to the opening credits for the first time (that I am aware of) since the first Doctor Who episode ever in 1963, it was alright once for the opening to Season 6 to refresh your memory of what is going on, but hey! I watch the show, I know what is going on, you don't have to tell me at the start of every Season 6 episode lol. But other than that I enjoyed this season. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2014
    After seeing Series 5 I was raging for more and I got what I wanted with a more darker theme which I personally liked seeing. I even think that splitting Series 6 into two parts made it even more interesting to see with the half amazing half confusing cliff hanger.
    A must see if you had enjoyed Series 5.
  3. Jul 29, 2013
    My favorite series of Doctor Who by far. Amy, Rory, River, and the Doctor take a wild tun out of reality where time happens all at once. Plus a fitting end of a story arc.
  4. tce
    Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doctor Who is hitting new heights of quality and intelligence. A compelling narrative, run through with twists and turns, is propelling one of the most enigmatic Doctors and one of his most troubled entourages towards a seemingly inescapable tragedy - at the start of the first episode. Steven Moffat knows how to make you pay attention, that much is certain! Answers to the mystery of season 5 still lie tantalisingly out of reach, but the emergence of the ugly (and ever so dapper) manipulators, the Silence, assures that we'll know everything very soon. Matt Smith relaxes superbly into the role of the Doctor, taking a more composed and less scatterbrained approach than his debut in season 5, but Amy's "burden" seems to be sidelining her into plot device territory while the lovable Rory becomes (or at least pretends to be) more macho. River Song's story arc is at last hitting its nitty-gritty and we're about to learn just what her deal is, why she's incarcerated, and where her attachment to the Doctor originates. That's a fascinating plotline, even if it seems to be heading in dubious directions ("my love"?) and Alex Kingston has a sort of classic charm that eases the wait for River to finally reveal some depth. At the heart of it all, though, is the Doctor, and I'm already reserving the tissues for when he ultimately has to confront the tragedy surrounding Miss (or Mrs...?) Song's timey-wimey relationship with him. Keep it up, Team Moffat! Your dazzling ambition for Who is working wonders, even if there is still the odd naff script worming its way in from time to time. Expand
  5. Apr 24, 2011
    Doctor Who begins series six with a thrilling episode taking place in the US. Taking place in 1960's America, Nixon is President and the space program is in its prime. This episode brings back friends old and new to deal with one of the greatest dilemmas Doctor Who faces yet. Looking forward to part II of the season premiere. Don't want to give up too much of the plot but worth the watch. As Dr. River Song would say "Spoilers, my dear". Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2011
    Absolutely an incredible season starting with the classic Doctor character Matt Smith has created and taking a very dark and sinister turn very quickly. This is an amazing start to the season and I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer waiting for more Doctor Who.
  7. Jun 13, 2011
    A fantastic new series, with Matt Smith being better than ever, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill being exceptional as always, and Alex Kingston fantastic as River Song. Brilliant new episodes, brilliant arc - just plain awesome, really.
  8. Jan 12, 2012
    Doctor Who is simply ................... perfection.
  9. Jul 10, 2012
    Even without the appearance of the Dalek's in this series its still one of the best out there. The Silence were pretty creepy but not the Doctor's greatest enemies by far. The Cybermen and Dalke's beat the Silence by alot.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Apr 25, 2011
    [An] immediately exciting new season.
  2. Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    Apr 15, 2011
    A terrific two-parter that features aliens, Richard Nixon, and crackling dialogue. [22/29 Apr 2011, p.92]