Doctor Who : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
8.8

1. Apr 28, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first episode of Doctor Who i saw of this season was in the cinema special and i just have to say DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY ITS GOOD... ok i will. First of Peter Capaldi is back in the game for one last season bless his good soul and of course his new companion Pearl Mackie as she brings the love the doctor need ever since clara (sad) anyway the only reason i didn't give it a 10/10 is because....
    I WANTED MORE DOCTOR WHO, Sincerely THE_HISTORIA117
  2. Jan 20, 2017
    Je me suis arrêté à la première saison et je me demande s'il n'y a pas une erreur : ça date de 2005 ?... parce que techniquement je pensais que ça remontait aux années 90. Les "effets" spéciaux sont à pleurer de rire, du genre "Babylon 5" ou "Firefly" et les maquillages font carrément de la peine. Nous voilà donc en présence d'une série en carton.

Les scénarios sont du même acabit. Sous

Les scénarios sont du même acabit. Sous un air "décalé" et sous des excuses d'humour anglais, la série ne cesse de se ridiculiser d'épisode en épisode avec des relents particulièrement nauséabonds de "voyageur/routard galactique" (cf les merdes de Douglas Adams, un Anglais tiens, tiens...). Le seul point pas trop négatif concerne la fausse petite blonde, tout-à-fait bitable et assez charmante ma foi.

Docteur Qui/Quoi est une série qui cumule les tares de son imbécillité omniprésente et de son côté kitsch outré à gerber. A éviter !
  3. Nov 11, 2016
    Great reboot of the original TV show. I really enjoyed it! I am an American Whovian who enjoys this so much I could dedicate a monument of a TARDIS or a Dalek. Great show to watch for anyone. 10/10.
  4. Nov 11, 2016
    A hugely overrated and boring TV show. This lacks so much that makes TV shows great such as chemistry and good storylines. It is something that isn't worth watching it is a true snooze fest.
  5. Aug 6, 2016
    Doctor who is a funny space adventure TV series with mostly good episodes. Although there has been more plot holes as the series becomes more complex.
  6. Jun 12, 2016
    Probably the best TV show I have ever seen. It has excellent sci fi episodes, it's emotional, and all of the characters are likeable. The RTD era is my favorite because the characters are all amazing, but Moffat has the best episodes, like Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead and Heaven Sent
  7. Jun 11, 2016
    Easily the most engaging, fun, emotional, and just all out fantastic television show I have ever seen. Shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and the Walking Dead are much more popular, and are all excellent, but none hold a candle to Doctor Who. Series 1 has fantastic acting, stories, and an incredible finale. Series 4 was flawless, and series 9 was just as good.

Overall, a really

Overall, a really fun tv show that everyone can enjoy. I was never interested in British television, but Doctor Who is just outstanding. 10/10
  8. Nov 18, 2015
    Great television. Really, just give it a chance. I avoided the day that I would watch Doctor Who for nearly 2 years. It seemed like it was dumb and it had terrible special effects. After I watched the first episode "Rose," it was o.k. I kept at it, and I am glad that I did. When Doctor Who puts out an awesome episode, it is genuinely the best television out there. It is truly an amazingGreat television. Really, just give it a chance. I avoided the day that I would watch Doctor Who for nearly 2 years. It seemed like it was dumb and it had terrible special effects. After I watched the first episode "Rose," it was o.k. I kept at it, and I am glad that I did. When Doctor Who puts out an awesome episode, it is genuinely the best television out there. It is truly an amazing show, you just have to stick with the crappy effects for a season or two. Even my 70 year old grandmother is hooked Expand
  9. Sep 6, 2015
    By far my favorite season of the series, possibly the best season in TV history. Christopher Eccleston is my favorite Doctor and Billie Piper is in my list of my top ten companions. My favorite episode is included in this series (The Parting of the Ways), so...yeah. The first series of Doctor Who is very well worth watching!
  10. Aug 22, 2015
    Doctor Who represents the perfect mix of drama, a little bit of comedy and Science fiction. Through all the new generation, the actors Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi have played several faces of The Doctor, and made each one unique. At first sight, it may seem as just one more weird alien Science fiction, but when you go deep into it, you never leave. ItDoctor Who represents the perfect mix of drama, a little bit of comedy and Science fiction. Through all the new generation, the actors Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi have played several faces of The Doctor, and made each one unique. At first sight, it may seem as just one more weird alien Science fiction, but when you go deep into it, you never leave. It is definitely Worth a shot. Expand
  11. Aug 10, 2015
    It is a family show aimed at the youngest member in particular. For adults especially with so much quality available its a bit too juvenile. The CGI and the story lines are not the greatest. But it will be popular for nostalgic reasons and Billie Piper is fun to watch.
  12. Jul 21, 2015
    Doctor Who continues to get better with every doctor, season and episode. New Who is even better (in my opinion) then the original, and Moffat is amazing as always.
  13. Mar 17, 2015
    Series One disappoints, with a less than stellar Doctor, and only a decent companion, and don't even get me started on the Slithene. The Daleks return is triumphant, and some episodes (Empty Child/Doctor Dances & Bad Wolf) are amazing. Barrowman's Jack Harkness is great, and Piper has her moments, but this season is one of the worst.
  14. Mar 1, 2015
    I really like this show. It's fun yet odd characters, music worthy of such a great show and story arks that make you want to watch more really make this show... well, what it is. I don't know if there's a phrase to define this show... How about we call it a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey.... stuff. Yup, that pretty much sums it up.
  15. Feb 25, 2015
    Christopher Eccleston's 9th Doctor has literally opened the gates to a new revived Doctor Who TV show, series 1 is a proud return to a beloved TV Show. However, there are some episodes that were a let-down such as "Aliens of London/World War Three", "Father's day" and "Boom Town".
  16. Jan 31, 2015
    i loved doctor who then in season 6 he changed everything the tardis the companion the face the screwdriver even the clothes i hate it now it is horrible
  17. Jan 11, 2015
    Christopher Eccleston was the perfect actor to reboot the series, with a crew cut, leather jacket, man of action drive and goofy charm. A stark contrast to the overdressing camp of previous decades, this was a Doctor for the new Millennium. Rose was endearing, even if her family and bf got on my nerves. Some of the stories were weak (farting aliens?) but this season got the job done ofChristopher Eccleston was the perfect actor to reboot the series, with a crew cut, leather jacket, man of action drive and goofy charm. A stark contrast to the overdressing camp of previous decades, this was a Doctor for the new Millennium. Rose was endearing, even if her family and bf got on my nerves. Some of the stories were weak (farting aliens?) but this season got the job done of bringing a great concept back to life. Expand
  18. rws
    Jan 8, 2015
    I've been watching the doctor since the 60's. I've tried to give this seasons re-incarnation a chance but the story lines and the acting are just horrible. I don't understand why this season has gotten the good reviews it has. The stories are lame and seem to be trying to turn this show into a sci-fi soap opera. My personal opinion, after watching most of the seasons, is this is one ofI've been watching the doctor since the 60's. I've tried to give this seasons re-incarnation a chance but the story lines and the acting are just horrible. I don't understand why this season has gotten the good reviews it has. The stories are lame and seem to be trying to turn this show into a sci-fi soap opera. My personal opinion, after watching most of the seasons, is this is one of the worst I've seen. I'll give the actors credit though for making the best of horrible scripts and story lines. Expand
  19. Jan 4, 2015
    Purely giving it red because I hat what Moffat has done to Doctor who. However if you would have asked me the same question some years back, it would easily have acquired a green.
  20. Dec 30, 2014
    One of the advantages afforded to Television over the film industry is the opportunity to tell a story over a longer period of time. As a result, with the odd exception, I have generally preferred shows with an ongoing story to those with standalone episodes. Doctor Who fits pretty much completely into the category of one off episodes and so, for me at least, wasn't initially drawn back toOne of the advantages afforded to Television over the film industry is the opportunity to tell a story over a longer period of time. As a result, with the odd exception, I have generally preferred shows with an ongoing story to those with standalone episodes. Doctor Who fits pretty much completely into the category of one off episodes and so, for me at least, wasn't initially drawn back to watch episode after episode in the way that some of the very best drama series have done.

Having said all that the more I watched the more I started to enjoy the show and Doctor’s revival undeniably ranks amongst the best British sci-fi/dramas of modern times. Some episodes are certainly better than others, and the special effects aren’t great on occasions, but the writing is generally very good across the entire series and Christopher Ecclestone and Billie Piper are always watchable in the lead roles. Never taking itself too seriously there are more than enough interesting and entertaining ideas here to please almost any sci-fi fan.
  21. Dec 11, 2014
    I'm a HUGE science fiction guy, and on the outside, this show looked like it was my type of show. I mean, it had spaceships, adventure, moral dilemmas, exploration of the human condition, Peter frickin' Capaldi (!), what's there not to love? Well... most of it, actually. I'll be honest here (hell, I have to be), this is not a very good show. It does have an interesting concept, and someI'm a HUGE science fiction guy, and on the outside, this show looked like it was my type of show. I mean, it had spaceships, adventure, moral dilemmas, exploration of the human condition, Peter frickin' Capaldi (!), what's there not to love? Well... most of it, actually. I'll be honest here (hell, I have to be), this is not a very good show. It does have an interesting concept, and some cool storylines, but most of the plot feels so rushed and unpolished that I find it hard to keep track of every single thing happening on screen. Yeah, "unpolished" is the word I'd use to describe this show. Most of the episodes are very poorly written, which, of course, is a really big issue with almost every literary work, but it is even more big of a deal here that it is sci fi. Let me explain, in science fiction you can get away with many things (it is, after all, fiction), but the story elements have to make sense. "Doctor Who: Series 8" doesn't make sense, at least when it comes to the story. The main characters (The Doctor and Clara) are better done than the rest of the show, mostly because of the acting (which Capaldi and Coleman are both very good at), but they still have to keep up with a series filled with rushed and nonsensical plot lines, weak secondary characters, some very inappropriate british humour which for some reason tends to pop up at the worst times possible, and, if I must, some very, very campy special effects that only manage to annoy me.
    It's a shame, really, because like I mentioned, the show is somewhat inventive and, at times, can get very close to good sci fi. But, man, to me, "Doctor Who" just was frustrating and underwhelming, from start to finish.
  22. Dec 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Doctor who has is one of my old time favourites, but of late the scripting and stories have become pretty bad. Also, now practically every episode is filled with clara (the doctors assistant) moaning about something. I believe that in the future doctor who will become better. Overall it's a fun and original thing to watch. Expand
  23. Nov 16, 2014
    Just...great. By far the best TV show ever put out there! It has good acting, writing, emotion, and directing. I am just, simply stunned. This is most certainly my new favourite show.
  24. Nov 10, 2014
    Doctor Who's main problem is its inconsistency. Some episodes are great, some disappointing and the rest in between. However, Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper are excellent in their respective roles and help make this season a very memorable one.
  25. Oct 21, 2014
    I discovered Doctor Who when it revamped in 2005, only deciding to check it out because I had liked Christopher Eccleston in "Gone in 60 Seconds." From there I was hooked. Didn't know about the regeneration thing, so when his head went up in flames and turned into David Tennant's, I freaked out. I figured that the show would be ruined. But I thought I'd give him a chance and I LOVEDI discovered Doctor Who when it revamped in 2005, only deciding to check it out because I had liked Christopher Eccleston in "Gone in 60 Seconds." From there I was hooked. Didn't know about the regeneration thing, so when his head went up in flames and turned into David Tennant's, I freaked out. I figured that the show would be ruined. But I thought I'd give him a chance and I LOVED him....even more! Then when it happened again and Matt Smith's head replaced Tennant's, I was like "who is this goofball? I'm gonna HATE him!" But sure enough, Matt Smith became my favorite Doctor.

Then when I heard Smith was leaving and Peter Capaldi was announced as his replacement I was SO disappointed, not because he was a lot older but because he was well known. Even by me, an American. The great thing about the past two actors playing the Doctors were that they WERE them. They weren't actors I'd seen in other stuff just playing another role. They became the Doctor because they were never anyone else for me. But Capaldi has been in a bunch of other things. And watching him in the new season I can't look past the ACTOR playing the CHARACTER. I'm trying to enjoy him, but I can't watch without constantly looking forward to the day when a new Doctor will be picked.
  26. Sep 7, 2014
    Because I generally enjoy British TV and because I like sci-fi, I gave Dr. Who a try. It's been on since the early 60s (with a hiatus in the middle) and has over 1,000 episodes. So it has to have SOMETHING going for it, right? Turns out, the answer is no. I tried three times. Couldn't get through an entire episode. It's so ridiculous and so internally inconsistent, it's a joke, a jokeBecause I generally enjoy British TV and because I like sci-fi, I gave Dr. Who a try. It's been on since the early 60s (with a hiatus in the middle) and has over 1,000 episodes. So it has to have SOMETHING going for it, right? Turns out, the answer is no. I tried three times. Couldn't get through an entire episode. It's so ridiculous and so internally inconsistent, it's a joke, a joke that's not funny. I should mention I've watched the current version of Dr. Who (or until 2014 he was current; now a new older Dr. Who has replaced him). I also saw one of the old episodes from the early 80s or maybe 70s. Back then it was super low budget. But like the current version, a hodgepodge of meaningless nonsense. The pace is frantic, as if they believe by barreling along the viewer won't notice the plot holes here, there, and everywhere. It is strictly for children, probably starting at about the age they become too old for Teletubbies. This is coming from a guy who appreciates Star Trek and the rebooted Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and a variety of sci-fi flicks. So I am definitely not against the genre. It's just that Dr. Who stinks. Expand
  27. Jul 14, 2014
    I've been a big fan of Doctor Who for a long time, born in the gap between the classics and the new. I kind of new what to expect when watching it, however without going into loads of detail about how British and iconic and fantastic the original classic series from 1963-89 but with every new doctor comes a new era of who and seeing as the gap of televised who was roughly 16 years, when itI've been a big fan of Doctor Who for a long time, born in the gap between the classics and the new. I kind of new what to expect when watching it, however without going into loads of detail about how British and iconic and fantastic the original classic series from 1963-89 but with every new doctor comes a new era of who and seeing as the gap of televised who was roughly 16 years, when it came back it came in 2005 the series hit, it hit with a bang, starring Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper this new series of Doctor Who would have to win over potential new fans and old in order for success...Luckily it does this, 13 episodes of the Ninth Doctor and his new assistant Rose Tyler venturing into time and space...oh did I say time and space? sorry I meant earth's future and past, yes suffice to say the first series of the Doctor Who loves using familiar settings and same enemies, given for granted this series didn't have a huge budget and has done remarkably well on props, GCI and design, however you get the feeling that the ideas kinda run out and something needs to be established with the same scenery so granted some episodes feel a bit familiar, which is a shame seeing as on the whole, this series delivers. Its cheesy, its camp, yeah don't take it too hard, but accept it as a new era of who, and that its back! this time in a fragile state but nether the less better that what it once was in certain remarks, and sitting here in 2014 I think we can agree it did a successful job at that. Yes the plots to some of the episodes are also similar mostly aiming around profit and the destruction of earth, but never the less The Ninth Doctor brings a new character into play with a mystery and a recurring element to entice viewers further into what seems like a well established plot ark, but I cant simply review a whole series in an integral format. after I go through each episode "briefly" then I will conclude the whole series as a whole.

1.01: Rose
    a great introduction, simple, smart and funny, some nice character chemistry and a whole lot of mystery is played out here. 4th out of the 10 stories
    1.02: The End of the World
    a seemingly fitting story that doesn't go to far, with some nice pace and tension, some great character building for the Ninth Doctor but apart from that pretty basic, pretty mediocre. 6th out of 10 stories
    1.03: The Unquite Dead
    venturing into the past and with some great acting, simon callow pulls this one together, a bit of a shambles the whole episode isn't concluded very well and is just taken for granted. 8th out of 10 stories
    1.04: Aliens of London/ 1.05: World War Three
    A bit of a silly two parter, it just felt like a really long gag with themes already used in previous story but this time more predominate, some good character building though. 9th out of 10 stories
    1.06: Dalek
    Unlike any other Dalek story before this episode, tests who really is the enemy in this scenario, an eternal battle brought down to two entities, fulfilled with tension, horror, bit of a stereotypical cast but hey ho, the action is all here. 3rd out of 10 stories
    1.07: The Long Game
    basically the prime example of reused material, Simon Pegg is wonderful and although this story is crucial to the series finale, its very mediocre and nothing really going for it. 7th out of 10 stories
    1.08: Fathers Day
    some really good plot narratives come into play, unfortunately the episode is flawed from making it the best episode here, this episode really shows off the Doctor's and Rose's relation and the structure that keeps it in place...friendship. 5th out of 10 stories
    1.09: The Empty Child/ 1.10: The Doctor Dances
    beautifully written, smart, scary, hits the nail on the head for what Doctor Who is, clever and compelling this two parter is and should be number 1 but the finale is just too good. 2nd out of 10 stories
    1.11: Boom Town
    Familiar was an understatement, this episode makes you believe that the plot is going in one direction, which is already mediocre enough only to change direction at the last minute into more of a shambles than anything, easily the weakest episode a noticeable episode filler. 10th out of 10 stories
    1.12: Bad Wolf/1.13: The Parting of the Ways
    a great two parter one that will stick with many fans, everyone delivers in this two parter making it easily the best and with a simple but effective plot and some neat revelations to the story ark, its hard to dismiss this as the best story of season one... oh and lots of Daleks!

so this series roughly has about 4 good stories that's 6 good episodes out of 13, not that bad, but could be better, Christopher Eccleston was a good doctor, but not memorable enough and falls to the bottom of the Doctor list (as of July 2014) some really good acting, average plots mainly bar 2 or 3, some nice designs and visually impressive for a low budget 2005 sci-fi show, on the whole its done well, and at least got a vote of confidence from me.
  28. Jun 1, 2014
    From dark dialog to light hearted, funny moments, "Doctor Who" has been one of my favourite shows since 2011! The first season is no exception. Yes, it may have cheesy effects here and there, and yes a couple episodes like "The Long Game" or "Aliens of London" don't exactly hit a home run, but it's by far made up for with fantastic episodes like "Rose", "Dalek", "Father's Day", "The EmptyFrom dark dialog to light hearted, funny moments, "Doctor Who" has been one of my favourite shows since 2011! The first season is no exception. Yes, it may have cheesy effects here and there, and yes a couple episodes like "The Long Game" or "Aliens of London" don't exactly hit a home run, but it's by far made up for with fantastic episodes like "Rose", "Dalek", "Father's Day", "The Empty Child", and "Bad Wolf". Christopher Eccleston does a fine job to portray a dark, troubled man like the Doctor, and Billie Piper does a good job to play an average, yet brave 19-year old. Not to mention, that diner scene in "Boom Town" is something I'll never forget for all the right reasons. Doctor Who, you're absolutely fantastic! Expand
  29. Apr 19, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed season one. Rose is a perfect companion for the mysterious Doctor. I didn't care for some episodes, and some of them seemed to drift away from the story arch but even those were very well written. Overall it's a fantastic series filled with science fiction and drama.
  30. Apr 6, 2014
    Compared to the classic series, the new Doctor Who just pails in comparison. My biggest problem is the Doctor. His new characters show him being all 'bouncy and eccentric' one minute and screaming at some space-bourne entity with tears trickling down his face. The plots don't make sense or are hard to follow half the time, and the 11th Doctor felt almost exactly like the 10th Doctor inCompared to the classic series, the new Doctor Who just pails in comparison. My biggest problem is the Doctor. His new characters show him being all 'bouncy and eccentric' one minute and screaming at some space-bourne entity with tears trickling down his face. The plots don't make sense or are hard to follow half the time, and the 11th Doctor felt almost exactly like the 10th Doctor in terms of personality.

The very first series with the 9th Doctor was really good - but from then on the quality declined. It became less of a drama and more of a humorous adventure (GGGAAAAH!!!) and by the time of Matt Smith's departure the show was a complete wreck. It's semi-enjoyable, if a little hit-and-miss, but watch some classic Doctor Who is you want some good entertainment.
  31. Mar 31, 2014
    After stumbling upon this show on BBC iPlayer for my Wii back in 2010 with Series 5 I had got hooked on to watch more. So I decided to rewatch some old episodes on Netflix and I got to say it was just as good as it was today. Totally recommend it, now to Series 2.
  32. Mar 21, 2014
    IT ROCKS! WONDERFUL PLACES, AMAZING PERFORMANCE AND INTELLIGENT DIALOGUES AND EPISODES. THE BEST SCI-FI TV SERIES EVER. WHAT CAN I REQUEST MORE? I'D SPEND MY WHOLE SUMMER, WATCHING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
  33. Mar 7, 2014
    I remember watching Doctor Who since i was 8, been hooked ever since, then moved to Canada where i forgot about it.. then came along Netflix where i caught up with all the doctor who i missed in the past 5 years in about a week... Love the show and actors and can't wait for the new episodes of doctor who to come out
  34. Feb 18, 2014
    The revival of a classic series. However, 2005's season with Cristopher Ecclestone doesn't stand up against the other seasons, and felt like it was just showing off all their new special effects most of the time.
  35. Feb 15, 2014
    Doctor who dünyanın en uzun sürmüş ve süren bilim kurgu filmidir.
    Hikayesi her bölümde nerdeyse birbiriyle bağlı ama sanki sinema filminin 1.,2.,3.... bölümleri gibi sarıyor yani şunu demek istiyorum her bölümde farklı birşey oluyor ama arada bir bağ var vede bu her bölüm sıkılmadan izlememizi sağlıyor.
  36. Dec 22, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of science fiction and the general "venue" of other similar productions, but the series just seems so terribly silly for most episodes that I simply lose interest a few episodes in. Don't get me wrong, there's a smattering of excellent episodes throughout the seasons, and I understand that said 'silliness' is a part of its charm; it's often a hit-or-miss as many others haveI'm a huge fan of science fiction and the general "venue" of other similar productions, but the series just seems so terribly silly for most episodes that I simply lose interest a few episodes in. Don't get me wrong, there's a smattering of excellent episodes throughout the seasons, and I understand that said 'silliness' is a part of its charm; it's often a hit-or-miss as many others have stated, the question is whether you have enough time and patience to go through them all. Expand
  37. Dec 11, 2013
    First of all, let me get this straight. This is my favorite TV show of all time. The classic Doctor Who was awful for me. But then the new Doctor Who came out. I wasn't sure. Then I watched one episode, then I fell in love. Doctor Who is a strange show, yes, but that's what makes it amazing. Some the episodes may not look good, but once you see them they are great. Now, I'll try to keepFirst of all, let me get this straight. This is my favorite TV show of all time. The classic Doctor Who was awful for me. But then the new Doctor Who came out. I wasn't sure. Then I watched one episode, then I fell in love. Doctor Who is a strange show, yes, but that's what makes it amazing. Some the episodes may not look good, but once you see them they are great. Now, I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as I can. The only hint I can give you. Time travel. If that doesn't bring you in, the rest will. The show has expanded to have many toys and things, games, and make a large impact on the world. No, I'm not kidding. The entire world. The 50th anniversary cause Google, Yahoo, etc. to celebrate with Easter eggs and games. And if you don't live in the UK like me, the show is on Netflix and Hulu Plus. Check it out now. Expand
  38. Dec 10, 2013
    Amazing first season. The 9th doctor will stick with me because he is so enjoyable to watch with Rose Tyler and their chemistry is great to. I love 'Doctor Who'.
  39. Dec 1, 2013
  40. Jar
    Oct 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall Doctor Who is a fantastic show. Although there are some things that you must know before watching it. First of all this show does have some bad episodes. Especially in seasons one and two. But in those seasons there are several incredible episodes that you will come to love and watch again and again. Now I will review each season by itself and rate it out of 10 stars. (Warning: Contains Major Spoilers)

Season One: Overall a pretty good first season after all the hype about the reboot of the original show. Although the first episode is alright, the next 4 are atrocious, but after that you get to see that Dalek episode which is magnificent.
    Overall: 8/10 Stars

Season Two: This is my least favorite season. There are several very mediocre episodes throughout it with only one good episode. Although the "Death" of Rose was quite sad, it was long past its due. Rose had become to be an annoying, entitled, whiner. All in all the only great thing about this series is David Tennant.
    Overall: 5/10 Stars

Season Three: This was when Russell T. Davies (the producer) started to get things on track. This season has some of the best episodes in Doctor Who history (Blink, Human Nature, etc.), and there is truly no BAD episode. Although "42" is weak in many aspects it still offers great entertainment, and Martha, although hated by many, is a great alternative to the whiny Rose, mostly because she actually DOES SOMETHING. The one thing I hate about this series though is the finale. The first part was so intriguing and it drew you into the dilemma the Doctor, Jack, and Martha were in. The second part was just so disappointing due to the horribly corny ending.
    Overall: 8/10 Stars

Season Four: Oh Donna. We had the best of times. Donna (the new companion for this series), is the best "Who" companion of all time. Many people will disagree with this but she was funny, and witty, and really was the only Nu Who companion not to fall in love with the Doctor at one point. Almost all the episodes in this are fantastic and the Series finale has been argued to be the best climactic episode of Doctor Who ever. David Tennant is also at his finest in this series. Shame his regeneration was so ghastly.
    Overall: 10/10 Stars

Season Five: My favorite season. Even though season 4 was incredible, this season drew you in like no other form of entertainment I've ever seen. Although there are 3 weak episodes in this series. In my opinion, almost every other one will go down as classics. The season finale is also fantastic, with an amazing cliffhanger and conclusion to the great story arc.
    Overall: 10/10 Stars

Season Six: Ugh. That's really all I have to say about this series. While following the best two season of Doctor Who ever, it had a lot to live up too, and I have to say, it really didn't do its job. Although the two part season premiere is pretty good, most of the other episodes are as boring as heck. And the whole season kinda feels like a drawn out attempt at a horror story, just without the horror. The silence are a pretty boring villain, and "Night Terrors" is my least favorite episode of all time. The only saving grace for this series is the finale. It manages to sum up the River Song story arc pretty well.
    Overall: 3/10 Stars

Season Seven (Part One): Since Part One and Part Two are very different I will do this in parts. Part One is fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Every episode delivers intense, smart, and incredible entertainment. The only bad thing I can say about it is that Asylum of the Daleks had some mediocre acting from the Ponds.
    Overall: 10/10 Stars

Season 7 (Part Two): After the death of Amy and Rory, the Doctor is...wait what? Stop doing, well, anything, and holes up in his TARDIS for 1,000 years???? WHAT?! "The Snowmen" is pretty good, but the only really good episodes after that are "The Bells of Saint John" and "The Name of the Doctor", Jenna Louise Coleman was decent in "Asylum", and "The Snowmen" but the modern day Clara is annoying as HELL. I do hope she doesn't stay much longer. One good thing about this series is the cliffhanger ending. It's very smart and I'm still trying to figure it out.
    Overall: 6/10 Stars

Conclusion: Overall, even though it has its highs and lows, Doctor Who is my favorite show of all time. You really get to love (almost) all the characters and it (usually) has incredible writing. I'd recommend it for any fan of sci-fi, or just good television in general.
  41. Sep 24, 2013
    Fantastic show! Everything is so amazingly written and the story lines are always clever and emotional! It will get you hooked real fast, especially if you are a sci fi fan! It takes some moments in history and rewrites them to make them work for the show in a brilliant way! Love it all the way to the latest season!
  42. Sep 8, 2013
    It was an ok season, Not really good but not bad either. Eccleston was a solid doctor, I like how sassy he was through out. A few enjoyable episodes but a majority of them either sucked or failed to live up to their potential. I agree with wordy_actions 100%, It's a very hit and miss show. You either get a solid/good episode or you get a poor/terrible one. There is never an in-between.It was an ok season, Not really good but not bad either. Eccleston was a solid doctor, I like how sassy he was through out. A few enjoyable episodes but a majority of them either sucked or failed to live up to their potential. I agree with wordy_actions 100%, It's a very hit and miss show. You either get a solid/good episode or you get a poor/terrible one. There is never an in-between.

Overall though, Not a bad show. I'd be willing to give it a second season.
  43. Aug 20, 2013
    Season one was "good". I really don´t like ROSE Gosh I hete her sooooooooo much. I love the Doctor, any version of him GREATES SHOW ever But te weakest season
  44. Jun 1, 2013
    The episode I saw yesterday featured airplanes (WWII) with rotors, flying in space and shooting lasers, which was ridiculously dumb. The Daleks look like tin cans with antennas, on wheels. These things do not seems intelligent, or threatening enough for me. These thing can no even shoot accurately, and the Doctor can simply run away from a dozen, without getting injured. I loveThe episode I saw yesterday featured airplanes (WWII) with rotors, flying in space and shooting lasers, which was ridiculously dumb. The Daleks look like tin cans with antennas, on wheels. These things do not seems intelligent, or threatening enough for me. These thing can no even shoot accurately, and the Doctor can simply run away from a dozen, without getting injured. I love science-fiction (the serious kind), but it needs to contain science (at least be a little bit plausible) and not fantasy. I do not like this show being called science-fiction for these reasons. I think it is light entertainment, but it is too light for me. I would prefer a more challenging show. The CGI and the production values are rather cheap, but that would not be a problem for me. Overall It is not for me. Expand
  45. May 9, 2013
    Overall a solid show, but rather lacking in some respects. Christopher Eccleston grew on me as the Doctor, but still can't top his successors. I found his companion, Rose, to be rather bland (and often annoying). By the end she had grown on me somewhat, but I couldn't get past her shortcomings. The support characters were generally mediocre, with a couple of exceptions. The individualOverall a solid show, but rather lacking in some respects. Christopher Eccleston grew on me as the Doctor, but still can't top his successors. I found his companion, Rose, to be rather bland (and often annoying). By the end she had grown on me somewhat, but I couldn't get past her shortcomings. The support characters were generally mediocre, with a couple of exceptions. The individual episode stories were sometimes quite good, but this season lacked a compelling story arc (like Season 5, which is the first one that I saw). Overall it's a good show, and well worth watching, but it can't compare to some of the later seasons. Expand
  46. Feb 3, 2013
    Probably the best family show on TV at the moment with the exception of Sherlock which is written by the same group of people, although that is certainly not in the family genre.
  47. Jan 10, 2013
    Thank God my friend forced me to watch this!!!!! I was really skeptical at first but then I saw the 3rd season that David Tennant was in and I absolutely loved it!! I was very impressed by the acting and special effects. As well by the story!! Thank you BBC!!
  48. Dec 28, 2012
    Now Doctor Who 2005+ is probably a show that you will either love or hate, if you are a geeky sci-fi fan like myself you will probably love it, especially if you were a fan of the original series. Otherwise you probably will not. As a fan of the original series as a kid in the 80s (I mostly watched the Tom Baker episodes since that is mostly what TVO played repeatedly) I was excited toNow Doctor Who 2005+ is probably a show that you will either love or hate, if you are a geeky sci-fi fan like myself you will probably love it, especially if you were a fan of the original series. Otherwise you probably will not. As a fan of the original series as a kid in the 80s (I mostly watched the Tom Baker episodes since that is mostly what TVO played repeatedly) I was excited to learn about the re-imaged series in 2005. It is great to see Doctor Who finally get a decent budget for special effects (while the original series had excellent costumes and props the effects were always really cheesy). I did not really care for Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor, I don't think it was really that actor's fault, somehow seeing a cool looking guy with a shaved head wearing a letter jacket kind of act like a clown in a Tom Baker-esk way did not seem to work. I mean The Doctor has always been kind of a geeky misfit in the past, seeing him look bad-ass cool just didn't seem right. I think maybe they were trying to appeal to the young teen/adult crowd instead of older Doctor Who fans with him. I did really love the special effects and the stories and the rest of the cast though during the Christopher Eccleston era though. David Tennant was a great Doctor, I loved the somewhat darker and conflicted spin he put on The Doctor. I enjoyed the seasons with him as the Doctor too. Matt Smith brought his own spin to The Doctor too which I also enjoy. I also enjoyed the seasons with him as the Doctor. The opening for the second season with Matt Smith kinda broke the traditional Doctor Who opening format which was kind of weird (I think they were trying to explain things to viewers unfamiliar with Doctor Who or something?), but they seemed to have done away with that now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next season of this series with Matt Smith and to see who his new companion(s) will be.

This is definitely one of the better, if not the best show running on Television at the moment.
  49. Aug 29, 2012
    I really love this show I didn't at first but then I tried again and I loved it I cant wait till September 1st to watch "Asylum of the Dalecks." I'm really looking forward to this season.
  50. Jul 6, 2012
    I just wanted to chime in here that I've been re-watching the 2005 series to present with my cousin, in effort to make her a Whovian.... (mission accomplished!) - and each and every episode I enjoyed a great deal. Sure, some of the effects are hokey, but I enjoy the overall feel of the show.
  51. Jul 3, 2012
    Great Show Period. Doctor Who is such a great and captivating series. Who ever wrote the scripts and came up with the episodes has such an open, creative, and interesting imagination! WEEPING ANGELS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. May 10, 2012
    I didn't know much about Doctor Who in the past. But thanks to a background character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (yeah I'm a brony, deal with it), my interest in this British television show grew. I decided to give the show a try, and frankly, I can't stop watching. The show is amazing! Wish I got into it years ago.
  53. Dec 20, 2011
    It's amazing how nobody else had the balls to outright say that this show sucks, and I'm not gonna be one to break the mold. Doctor Who is by far one of the greatest sci-fi shows in existence and I think the reason for that is the fact that it has become a British national treasure and that writers and directors take great care of it. There are many great episodes and the bad ones are fewIt's amazing how nobody else had the balls to outright say that this show sucks, and I'm not gonna be one to break the mold. Doctor Who is by far one of the greatest sci-fi shows in existence and I think the reason for that is the fact that it has become a British national treasure and that writers and directors take great care of it. There are many great episodes and the bad ones are few and far between. The plots and stories are expertly told, the characters are expertly casted, the performances are almost always great, the action is amazing, and its adventurous feel is unavoidable. It's a must see for everyone, ranging from the most hardcore sci-fi fan to the most casual and average viewer. Expand
  54. Nov 29, 2011
    One of the best TV shows ever. The show goes from strength to strength in story telling and casting. The storylines get better each series. Many where worried when Russel T Davies left in 2009 but his replacement Stephen Moffat has delivered more exciting plots and characters. Matt Smith's Doctor is more energetic and crazier than Tennant and companion's Amy, Rory and River deliver moreOne of the best TV shows ever. The show goes from strength to strength in story telling and casting. The storylines get better each series. Many where worried when Russel T Davies left in 2009 but his replacement Stephen Moffat has delivered more exciting plots and characters. Matt Smith's Doctor is more energetic and crazier than Tennant and companion's Amy, Rory and River deliver more emotional weight than Rose, Matha and Jack. Expand
  55. Nov 17, 2011
    This 'first' series/season of Doctor Who defied any and all expectations by being something quite spectacular. It did echo some of the flaws that would eventually build to bring it down in later series but generally this was something quite stunning. Christopher Eccelston was a much darker Doctor than any who had come before but his eccentriciy was memorable. The real surprise was BillieThis 'first' series/season of Doctor Who defied any and all expectations by being something quite spectacular. It did echo some of the flaws that would eventually build to bring it down in later series but generally this was something quite stunning. Christopher Eccelston was a much darker Doctor than any who had come before but his eccentriciy was memorable. The real surprise was Billie Piper's Rose Tyler who was a perfect companion for the ninth Doctor. The monsters themselves were a remarkable blend of new (Slitheen, gas mask zombies) and old (Autons and Daleks) with the only regret being that Eccelston didn't stay longer. Episodes generally were of good quality with only 2 letting this first series down. Expand
  56. Oct 18, 2011
    I have been a Whovian ever since my dad introduced me to it in 2005. What makes Doctor Who better than most shows (I therefore refer to television soaps - depressing nightmares of sorts) because of the way it stands out amongst the crowd. The latest attacks on their complicated plots have no meaning, I don't see why we should criticise such a classic show that has produced excellentI have been a Whovian ever since my dad introduced me to it in 2005. What makes Doctor Who better than most shows (I therefore refer to television soaps - depressing nightmares of sorts) because of the way it stands out amongst the crowd. The latest attacks on their complicated plots have no meaning, I don't see why we should criticise such a classic show that has produced excellent episode after excellent episode. If people want no meaning in their life, they should just watch a load of celebrity wannabes on reality shows like Big Brother and X Factor. The real gold is making people think as well as entertain them. I can't say that for all shows, like those that produce quality comedy, but Doctor Who is the one to watch. Doctor Who is well-known for its intricate storylines - the media should know this right now. There's nothing worse than watching a show for half an hour without using your brain. It keeps you thinking, and plus, it's good entertainment. If famous films can pull off the laughter behind the darkness, then so can TV shows.
    This also isn't an all-out gun fight. The simplest of weapons: The Doctor only uses his intelligence and sonic screwdriver (the fact that it will never have a setting for wood - cracks me up every time). The companions are feisty and not likely to give up without a fight. The TARDIS is fantastically clever time travelling machine which can go anywhere and everywhere. Doctor Who also has a defence mechanism - regeneration. When a Timelord's gets worn out and tired, it changes to reveal a new, healthy one. It keeps the show fresh and enlightened.
    What this show does, other shows don't do. Have you ever seen a TARDIS appear into view, a Dalek (hopefully from a safe distance - probably next planet) hovering along, or heard of a Timelord with two hearts? I didn't think so. If you want reality, watch the X Factor or a soap, like Eastenders. If you want something unconventional and out of this world, then this is the show for you.
  57. Oct 12, 2011
    As an American, British TV was irrelevant to me. That was until I stumbled on this masterpiece. About one year ago I discovered the TV show and soon watched every episode, eventually reaching Season 6, which I loved. If you are a fan of Sci-fi or just very intellectual story-telling, check this show out.
  58. Sep 19, 2011
    At its best Doctor Who is the best show on television. Period. At its worst...well, it's still pretty damn good. Some episodes of Seasons 5 and 6 (written by the extremely-talented Steven Moffat and featuring new Doctor Matt Smith (the 11th and youngest Doctor to date) are sublime. For newbies I highly recommend "Vincent and the Doctor" (S5.E10) and "A Christmas Carol" (the 6th annualAt its best Doctor Who is the best show on television. Period. At its worst...well, it's still pretty damn good. Some episodes of Seasons 5 and 6 (written by the extremely-talented Steven Moffat and featuring new Doctor Matt Smith (the 11th and youngest Doctor to date) are sublime. For newbies I highly recommend "Vincent and the Doctor" (S5.E10) and "A Christmas Carol" (the 6th annual Christmas special which originally aired December 2010). These two episodes are simply magical. Acclaimed sci-fi writer Neil Gaiman's "The Doctor's Wife" (S6.E4) is another episode which I have come to appreciate more after watching it a few times. Other installments (including a few from this current season) aren't as great but isn't that always the problem with being ambitious? Doctor Who's writers often take big chances which sometimes yield brilliant episodes. But when you knock a few out of the park you've got nowhere to go but down. With Doctor Who the potential for wonderment and joy are there every week and the production values are incredible - really the best the BBC has to offer. Doctor Who dares to imagine a future where the human race doesn't destroy or poison ourselves and features a hero who never carries a gun (preferring his "sonic screwdriver"). The Doctor, despite having lived for the better part of 1,000 years - enduring more than his share of heartbreak and emotional pain along the way - remains eternally optimistic and a true believer in the power of love. Wow that sounds cheesy, huh? Whatever, it's true. And, to quote one of my favorite songs: "What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?" Expand
  59. Sep 3, 2011
    Lot's of fans don't like Doctor Who Season 1 because of Christopher Eccleston. What I think is unique about Eccleston as The Doctor is that, while at first he seems like an odd choice as the last Time Lord, protector of humanity, and destroyer of Daleks, he brings a certain seriousness to it that wasn't seen before. Billie Piper is, while sometimes kind of dumb, not the worst companion.Lot's of fans don't like Doctor Who Season 1 because of Christopher Eccleston. What I think is unique about Eccleston as The Doctor is that, while at first he seems like an odd choice as the last Time Lord, protector of humanity, and destroyer of Daleks, he brings a certain seriousness to it that wasn't seen before. Billie Piper is, while sometimes kind of dumb, not the worst companion. "Dalek" is probably one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever. Expand
  60. Aug 24, 2011
    This is my favorite live-action TV show, period. The first season was great, the second season was fantastic, and it just kept getting better. The various actors that play The Doctor are all fantastic. Christopher Eccleston does a great job in the first season, David Tennant is phenomenal in seasons 2-4, and Matt Smith, although not as good as the first two Doctors, is also great in seasonThis is my favorite live-action TV show, period. The first season was great, the second season was fantastic, and it just kept getting better. The various actors that play The Doctor are all fantastic. Christopher Eccleston does a great job in the first season, David Tennant is phenomenal in seasons 2-4, and Matt Smith, although not as good as the first two Doctors, is also great in season 5 (I have yet to see season 6). The Doctor's female companions are also well-cast, from Rose Tyler (played by Billie Piper, my favorite of the companions) to Donna Noble (played by Catherine Tate, who annoyed me at first but my opinion changed as the episodes went on) to Martha Jones (played by Freema Agyeman), to Amy Pond (played by Karen Gillan). It's so exciting; you never know where The Doctor will be next, or what horrors await him on the other side of time. A history of great actors, suspenseful writing, and great special effects. If you are a fan of Science Fiction at all, by any stretch, you owe it to yourself to watch this series. Even if you aren't, give it a go. You won't regret it. Expand
  61. Jul 29, 2011
    I hate to be the one to criticize such a beloved series as it will no doubt make fans blood boil, but hear me out. I find the show to be very hit-and-miss. The episodes that I like are usually the ones that are connected to the overarching plot. I usually find them to be compelling and lots of fun. The episodes that I don't like are usually the "monster/alien/evil thing"-of-the-weekI hate to be the one to criticize such a beloved series as it will no doubt make fans blood boil, but hear me out. I find the show to be very hit-and-miss. The episodes that I like are usually the ones that are connected to the overarching plot. I usually find them to be compelling and lots of fun. The episodes that I don't like are usually the "monster/alien/evil thing"-of-the-week episodes, as I unfortunately find myself going "This is a bit silly." Not to say that there are no episodes of that type that I enjoy (I enjoy the Dalek and Weeping Angel episodes in particular). Truth be told, there are a lot of things I enjoy about the show, but I can't give it a higher score because so often I run into an episode that bores me and I end up skipping it. The same thing happened when I watched the original Star Trek series. Some episodes were great, but some were silly and/or boring. And trust me. I tried to like Dr. Who as much as the rest of the fans, since I'm a huge fan of science fiction and I would love to fall in love with a new show. If I could rate the episodes I loved separately, I'd give them an 8 out of 10. But too often mediocre episodes are thrown in the mix and I lose interest. This is my honest opinion, and I'm willing to give the show more chances. But at the moment I'm just not feeling the love. Expand
  62. Jun 20, 2011
    This is the best TV show ever. Every episode is something new, and unpredictable. Great dialogues, clever stories and actors. It deserve to be CULT. It´s from episode to episode better.
  63. Feb 21, 2011
    Great TV show that keeps you wanting more all the time.
  64. Nov 10, 2010
    I fell for Doctor Who this season. I hadn't much liked it when I was a kid but this is brilliant. Christopher Eccelston is brilliant as The Doctor, quirky, funny, serious, mysterious.
  65. Oct 22, 2010
    This is the best TV show of all time. It is quirky and funny without being overreaching or pretentious.The show only gets better and better. Clever and entertaining.
  66. RodericR.
    Jul 20, 2009
    Duh, a 10. The show is amazing. The premise is awesome. The cast, though interchangeable, is almost always incredible. The 4 seasons since it was resurrected have been absolutely phenomenal.
  67. ArronC
    Sep 2, 2008
    Utterly fantastic.
  68. JackieM.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Fantastic!
  69. Samuel
    Jun 15, 2008
    Honestly My Favorite TV Show of all time, It has a bit of everything in it!
  70. RolandB.
    Jun 11, 2008
    all i need to say is that the finale involves escaping reality tv shows in the year 200,000. if you're evicted from the house....you DIE! amazing.
  71. EricE.
    Jan 18, 2008
    Some of the best Sci-Fi of all time. No wonder it is the longest running Sci-Fi series of all time. With nearly 30 years under its belt it is just as fun today as it was in the 60's. This new series fits in quite well with the old and continues the cheesy props, bad guys and story lines we all love.
  72. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Campy, entertaining, and very British. I love the good Doctor... I can't think of any other show that has two characters holding hands and hugging so often. It's charming.
  73. ThereseO.
    Nov 2, 2007
    I would never have watched Doctor Who, but for Christopher Eccleston in the first place, and i was distraught when he left, but i',m hooked now.
  74. SindreF.
    Sep 11, 2007
    Theres nothing quite like Doctor Who.
  75. LuthienA.
    Sep 10, 2007
    My favourite TV show of all time - and I 've never even seen Old Who. This was my introduction to Doctor Who, and I was hooked from the first episode. They get progressively scarier episode by episode, and season by season. I can personally recommend the episodes 'The Empty Child' and 'The Doctor Dances' from this season; the episodes 'The Impossible My favourite TV show of all time - and I 've never even seen Old Who. This was my introduction to Doctor Who, and I was hooked from the first episode. They get progressively scarier episode by episode, and season by season. I can personally recommend the episodes 'The Empty Child' and 'The Doctor Dances' from this season; the episodes 'The Impossible Planet' and 'Satan's Pit' from the 2006 season, and 'Blink' from the 2007 season for people looking for thrills. Much love for Christopher Eccleston - my first Doctor. However, must say that David Tennant is my favourite. I miss Rose so much.( Expand
  76. LelandK.
    Jun 9, 2007
    The most dramatic, comedic, wacky, entertaining show on television!
  77. JimT
    Oct 12, 2006
    Doctor Who, especially the third season, has matured far past it's monster-of-the-week original premise. It's a been about choices and consequences, something lost on modern society, and our responsibilities to society in general, and in it's moments of detail, to those close to us. The Doctor has also matured, from a lucky bumbler, past Eccleston's "edgy" and angry Doctor Who, especially the third season, has matured far past it's monster-of-the-week original premise. It's a been about choices and consequences, something lost on modern society, and our responsibilities to society in general, and in it's moments of detail, to those close to us. The Doctor has also matured, from a lucky bumbler, past Eccleston's "edgy" and angry doctor. He's more mature, his history and internal feeling are more of the story line, yat he keeps the boyishness we expect from the Doctor. He's deeper without being too mature, and that's refreshing. One viewing of "The Girl In the Fireplace" lets you know you're heading into deeper territories than before, and it becomes another step towards, the excellent season finale. Do watch it! Expand
  78. Ian
    Jul 4, 2006
    Each episode varies in style from drama, comedy, scares, satire, melodrama etc. etc. Most are great, and even the weaker ones have good points. The regular cast is excellent and the writing is sharp, witty, and tight.
  79. ChristianW
    May 10, 2006
    Dr Who was the greatest show ever, so I was disappointed that the formula had been tampered with to make it more of a soap opera. Who cares about Rose's mother or boyfriend? Just when things looked to be getting on track in the last two episodes, it got totally out of control, with a climax like a Steven Speilberg nightmare. And Eccleston's Doctor looked and dressed like an Dr Who was the greatest show ever, so I was disappointed that the formula had been tampered with to make it more of a soap opera. Who cares about Rose's mother or boyfriend? Just when things looked to be getting on track in the last two episodes, it got totally out of control, with a climax like a Steven Speilberg nightmare. And Eccleston's Doctor looked and dressed like an undercover cop, rather than an eccentric time traveller. Expand
  80. SandiB
    Apr 2, 2006
    Very thrilled to see the Doctor Back on Sci-Fi and back for a new season. Being a Whovian, I was at first hesitant to see Christopher Eccleston cast in the role, now I am totally 100% ecstatic. The new cast and format are wonderfull and they kept the theme, which is very important to hardcore fans. Glad to see the TARDIS and the Doctor back in action.
  81. CarlosG
    Mar 30, 2006
    Very enterning it took me back to my childhood when I used to watch the old version, also the yound lady that travels with him seems rather attractive
  82. JonathanB
    Mar 28, 2006
    Bold reinvention of a time old classic, losing little of its charm and character. My only real complaints? Some of the 'earth' actors are terrible, and the stories are wafer thin. A chavvy reinvention, maybe, but still an enjoyable romp through time and space. Pick up the DVD version, rather than plod through adverts, and you'll have a fun, if flimsy, adventure.
  83. NeilR
    Mar 22, 2006
    After such a long wait, it is at least a relief that this series is much more a success than a failure. It retains the sense of fun of the original, and Christoper Ecclestone is marvellous. However, the Doctor seems to have rather more confused values than of old, the brevity of each story makes it all a little shallow, the creator seems a bit too keen to turn it into a soap, and you have After such a long wait, it is at least a relief that this series is much more a success than a failure. It retains the sense of fun of the original, and Christoper Ecclestone is marvellous. However, the Doctor seems to have rather more confused values than of old, the brevity of each story makes it all a little shallow, the creator seems a bit too keen to turn it into a soap, and you have to worry just how much the show relies on Ecclestone. Expand
  84. ErnD
    Mar 19, 2006
    Hooray for Who!
  85. ChristianB
    Mar 18, 2006
    This is a CULT for a reason and finally Doctor Who stands on the ground again it once so rightfully deserves.
  86. BrianV
    Mar 18, 2006
    Loved this show! So good to see something refreshing and different on TV!
  87. philipa
    Mar 17, 2006
    the best childrens show that adults love too watch it together!
  88. RobertS
    Mar 17, 2006
    This show is brilliant and fun. Although it pays its respect to its predecessor, it isn't bogged down by it. In terms of broad appeal, family friendliness and thrills, this is easily one of the best fantasy dramas on television in years. Thank you, BBC, and thank you Sci Fi Channel!
  89. MarkS
    Mar 17, 2006
    Fantastic opportunity to relive childhood Saturdays behind the souch!
  90. Craig
    Mar 17, 2006
    Simply stunning. The whole thing just gets better and better and better. The season finale will take your breath away.
  91. JohnD
    Mar 17, 2006
    This is an amazingly successful relaunch of the beloved sci-fi series - both conceptually and commercially. Give it a try! Just don't be scared off by the first episode ("Rose"), which is the weakest of the season.
  92. ScotF
    Mar 17, 2006
    It's quite the show to watch. It's clever and entertaining, and a fresh kind of show that Americans are not used to seeing.
  93. StevenM
    Mar 17, 2006
    The early episodes are good... the later ones are even better.
  94. PeterW
    Mar 17, 2006
    A sensational British t.v hit now on the Sci-Fi channel! Enjoy!!
  95. RH
    Mar 17, 2006
    Downloaded all of these when they aired last spring/summer. Glad that they're finally going to be aired over here. Also, don't believe any reviewers that complain that their isn't a central storyline running through it all. There is, but it doesn't start to become apparent until later in the season. They probably only saw the first few episodes, hence why their Downloaded all of these when they aired last spring/summer. Glad that they're finally going to be aired over here. Also, don't believe any reviewers that complain that their isn't a central storyline running through it all. There is, but it doesn't start to become apparent until later in the season. They probably only saw the first few episodes, hence why their judgement is slightly off. Expand
  96. JenniferK
    Mar 16, 2006
    Best adventure SF show I've seen in ages. Excellent update on an old classic (better than Battlestar Galactica). Just the kind of show I can enjoy with my family (kids, spouse and parent). It's Harry Potter and Star Wars meets Buffy and Farscape. Hope to see it continue for many more seasons. Bravo to SciFi for finally picking this series up!

1. Silly, sophomoric stuff that is sure to please its television audience.
  2. Some of the pop-culture humor and creatures owe a nod to "Farscape," but the camp level is high and can be mighty funny.
  3. If you're looking for allegorical, intriguing science fiction, this isn't it. If you're OK with rapid-fire, light-hearted dialogue with an occasional dig at politics and culture, this "Doctor Who" is your cup of tea.