Dog Bites Man : Season 1

8.2

1. scottn
    Oct 5, 2006
    funniest show i've ever seen i want it back.....NOW!
  2. EdwardP
    Sep 9, 2006
    Much as I admire Tom Shales, I think he's just wrong about this one. "Dog Bites Man" puts a lot into each show, which doesn't allow for everything to be developed as much as it could be. It doesn't always work 100%, but it's still very funny and inventive and a great spoof of local news. The cast is first rate, especially Matt Walsh and Andrea Savage. I hope this Much as I admire Tom Shales, I think he's just wrong about this one. "Dog Bites Man" puts a lot into each show, which doesn't allow for everything to be developed as much as it could be. It doesn't always work 100%, but it's still very funny and inventive and a great spoof of local news. The cast is first rate, especially Matt Walsh and Andrea Savage. I hope this series lasts a long time. Expand
  3. DanielY
    Jun 20, 2006
    Loved it. Great show!
  4. RockyL
    Aug 3, 2006
    This show is absolutely hilarious and I'm stunned to see the poor ratings the critics have given it. Perhaps they would prefer another Friends knock-off. Anyhow, it's my turn to judge the critics and I give them an F. This show absolutely rocks!!!
  5. YTella
    Sep 13, 2006
    Not suprised there are some Zero ratings here. Its really sad that there's always some people out there that just dont have a well developed sense of humor. This show is great. Sorry, if you don't get it.
  6. GG
    Sep 13, 2006
    Every one of the four main characters is hilarious. Great stuff. Whens the next espisode ????
  7. ChadB
    Sep 1, 2006
    the BEST comedy show this year!!! PLEASE Make a Second Season!
  8. AlisonK
    Sep 3, 2006
    Next to "Curb", this is the best on TV. Matt Walsh is superb.
  9. dougs
    Sep 6, 2006
    This show is awesome!! Best show on Comedy Central after Chappell's show. I don't know what these critics are talking about...might be a little too original for them.
  10. danc
    Sep 9, 2006
    By far the BEST show that has come out of Comedy Central in years! The whole KHBX team is great and make the show hilarious. I hope the network sees how funny and original this series is and keeps iy up for many more seasons to come.
  11. JoeBob
    Mar 24, 2007
    superb display of raw emotion and talent! Kudos boys (and girl)!
  12. BobS
    Jun 14, 2006
    Better then Reno 911, the Office and almost as good as Ali G. Comedy Central got it right with this show
  13. C.B.
    Jun 19, 2006
    Matt Walsh & Zach Galifiankis are genius!
  14. Woodrow
    Jul 13, 2006
    A+
  15. JonF
    Jul 13, 2006
    I think this show is hilarious.
  16. davidj
    Jul 9, 2006
    this show takes on where ali g left off.... naive subjects are pushed to their limits by 4 great up and coming comedians. gotta see...
  17. RobertS
    Jun 14, 2006
    They use real people, this show is awesome!
  18. wan
    Aug 5, 2006
    very inventive and entertaining...dark humor
  19. PatrickN
    Jan 30, 2007
    This is a very funny show, and demonstrates that off-color humor is better when it hasn't been "dumbed down". The cast is first-rate, and although not all scenes hit their mark, the ones that do will have you rolling on the floor
  20. JimD
    Aug 29, 2006
    Some of the funniest characters ever created. Brilliant
  21. AaronL
    Jan 16, 2007
    Very, very funny show. About as witty as other documentary-style comedies like Waiting for Guffman and Curb Your Enthusiasm, just with more emphasis on toilet humor, a la Ali G. The creators need some time to flush out the characters and pacing a bit more. But Comedy Central should give them that chance. This show has tremendous potential - don't let it go!
  22. VladA
    Jun 11, 2006
    Good TV news spoof. I like the tone of the show, close in spirit to the Brit version of The Office (US version takes too much time for sentimentality). If the writing stays strong, the cast can make this show very entertaining.
  23. AaronB
    Jul 18, 2006
    This show will only become better as it has time to develop and grow within itself. Each character plays off the other well. The stand-out would have to be Kevin Beekin. His quickly ad libbed (sp?) lines seem effortless and, while his character is not easily likeable, it is easy to lose yourself in the hilarity. It must be said that every minute of this show is not "great". But each This show will only become better as it has time to develop and grow within itself. Each character plays off the other well. The stand-out would have to be Kevin Beekin. His quickly ad libbed (sp?) lines seem effortless and, while his character is not easily likeable, it is easy to lose yourself in the hilarity. It must be said that every minute of this show is not "great". But each episode has had at least one laugh out loud moment. That, my friends, is what keeps me coming back for more. Expand
  24. RSkells
    Jun 21, 2006
    its hilarious.
  25. ShawnW
    Jul 6, 2006
    I think its a good show that will grow.
  26. KAZ
    Jul 12, 2006
    I like the idea of the show which is why I eagerly tuned in but I found myself yawning half the time. The show has its moments but overall it is a big bore.
  27. JerradH
    Jun 17, 2006
    There's a few good lines here and there, but the acting is just flat out dull. There's no energy in the performances, and they just seem to drone on and on. Better scripts wouldn't hurt either.
  28. DaveM
    Jun 28, 2006
    Not very funny and the few laughs it does produce are from fairly predictable jokes. This would have been a great opportunity to lampoon the media (it
  29. GeorgeS
    Jun 15, 2006
    Completely boring! Nowhere near the spirit of The Office, which was brilliant, hilarious, and heartwrenching at times. "Dog" tries to be too smart in its own stupidity.
  30. JoD
    Jun 9, 2006
    This is the stupidest display of pseudo comedy yet! Even people who are living in Spakane WA can't possibly find anything even marginally amusing in theis stinker. With any luck we wonlt have any more exposure to the nonfunny half hour.
  31. DennisH
    Jun 29, 2006
    This show has a few laughs but in the mix of poking fun at Republicans it becomes its own freak show where ONLY the Republicans seem normal. (sigh) Can someone make a pro-democratic slanted show that brings us together instead or ripping the edges apart? PLEASE!!!
  32. ravik
    Sep 7, 2006
    i dont really get what the "10" reviews are about ... some white guys feeling proud about a bullshit show on tv ... an utter waste of time... makes me wanna puke ...

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    It's highly entertaining.
    Improv techniques aside, I'd just settle for a funny script.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The show exhibits some welcome bite.