• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 25, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.7

1. Jan 23, 2014
    I think Dracula can certainly be a far better show than it is now. The biggest issues I have with it is that's painfully slow and takes forever for something to happen. While the cast is good and it can be an interesting watch, The show won't manage to keep it's fan-base for long if they don't spice things up a bit.
  2. Mar 15, 2014
    A very interesting take on the classical story. Granted, they could have gone the full horror route if they wanted to, but that would be doing the same thing as done a hundred times before. This TV show on the other hand is at the very least trying to be a bit different and takes allot of creative risks. Some of it works and some of it doesn't, but at the end of the day it does remain fairly loyal to the source material while also being its own.

Overall:
    A great show that I enjoyed immensely, but I do feel it could have done with a bit more Horror and a little less drama. But as an opening season, I guess that is to be expected. Hopefully it retains its momentum and doesn't lose sight of what it is.
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    Okay, let's start off by saying the cast is great and because the cast is great viewers expect SO much from it's first episode yet it failed to deliver anything.. AT ALL. and the last second conspiracy at the end of the pilot completely not shocking. so expected, cheap ancient history wannabe of the Vampire Diaries.
  4. Jan 29, 2014
    Dracula may be a bit different from the famous Bram Stoker novel, but it is an intense, beautiful, classy and an utterly fantastic television series. The series did start out a little weak, with odd pacing and silly moments and what not, but as the show progressed, it became an intense and highly-addictive ride. Basically everything about the show is beautiful; the setting design, the cinematography, the costumes and sometimes the musical score, but unfortunately, the musical score is dated and electronic, therefore not fitting with the baroque look for the series. Dracula is one of those rare free-to-air network TV shows, like Hannibal, that isn't afraid to get gory and bloody - which I like. The acting is quite good, Jonathan Rhys Meyers may be a little mopey at times and his American accent may be hokey, but he is certainly quite menacing and cool when he is in his I-will-tear-you-appart mode. Dracula season one, though flawed, was great, but it is a very underrated show and is sadly on the risk of cancellation, which is a huge shame because season one ended on a cliff-hanger is leading up to something awesome in season two - well, if it gets cancelled we won't see a season two. Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    I'm not saying that anything with vampire in it has to be scary, but this is just... ridiculous? Rhys-Meyers is hot, yes, but what is Dracula without the mystery and all the bites? The pilot is very weak, there's no clarity for the story, and somehow far from being exciting. Disappointing.
  6. Apr 4, 2014
    This show is a must watch, the only disappointing thing is that it only aired 10 episodes. Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an excellent job playing Dracula. Draculas' side-kick/confidante Nonso Anozie AKA Mr.Renfield does an excellent job as well. Can't wait to see season two and soon! Hope there will be a few more episodes added then season one.
  7. Oct 25, 2013
    i really enjoyed watching it, it's something different on the tv and Meyers definitely is such an incredible and hilarious actor, i'm looking forward to it.
  8. Nov 14, 2013
    This shows has great production value and the cast are all convincing. They are definitely trying to paint Dracula in a likable way and while his character is very different than other interpretations the production as a whole makes it believable.

The story is a bit different that other Draculas showing more of his industrialist side as well as a stage in Dracula's personal development
    that perhaps shows less of a egomaniac madness which always leads to his downfall in most adaptations.

I have no idea why the critics do not like it so much but then again I rarely think they represent anything but their own opinion. Right now the show is worth watching and entertaining because it is unique in its take and I am interested in the direction they are going.
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    Aiming to be something it clearly isn't, 'Dracula' fails to deliver.

It doesn't offer anything new. It tries to be what every other show, nowadays wants to be: sexy, witty, shocking, unpredictable and classy. 'Dracula' does not hit any of these notes.

Sexy? Well yeah, the lead is played by Henry Tudor himself, an eye-candy for the girls. The women are plenty and they are quite
    attractive in their provocative corsets. But having Lord Dracula "feeding on", "kissing" every random woman, every other scene is just... not sexy after the fifth scene. And everything seems forced and unreal!

Witty? Shocking? Unpredictable? I think not! It's like The Vampire Diaries' rip-off, with its warring families, shadowy history and cliched plots all over the plays.

Classy? It's forced! The scenes are so perfect that you know it's in a studio! The pavement is so clean and the houses so neat that you forget you are watching a movie.

That DUMB fight scene? What the hell was that? Slow-motion, really? Sword fighting, really? Bad effects?

The over the top, forced luxury! It gets old, after the fifth episode.

You should make the audience crave for more! But instead the audience is bored and doesn't want to do anything more.
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    Talk about not knowing your audience!

Who on earth wants to see boring, nonsensical, political intrigues about green energies in a show called "Dracula"? Seriously.
  11. Jan 14, 2014
    I keep expecting Dracula to collapse beneath the weight of too many diverse elements that are uneasy in a Victorian setting, but somehow it holds itself together and holds my attention. The talented cast carries its burden well, particularly Meyers. The title character is a pleasing shade of gray and grows more faceted as the series progresses.
  12. Jan 7, 2014
    A show about Dracula that really has nothing to do with Dracula. Hmmm. Producer "More red velvet! I want costumes, costumes, costumes. And can we get some more wrought iron candelabras." And I'm just thinking.... "This set would be great with all the lead characters played by drag queens. Once you've laughed at the sets and costumes, then you fall asleep. SOOOOO BOOOORRRRINNNNGGGG! I barely made it through the second episode and couldn't attempt a third. I give it 1 star for the hope of shirtless Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I can't imagine any reworking of this show that would make it watchable. After the quality of shows like Vampire Diaries, The Originals and True Blood... How DARE you call your show DRACULA and then suck this bad? Expand
  13. Nov 3, 2013
    Dialogues taken directly from hell, silly costumes, ridiculous action, and a total lack of wit make this a true carnival of the undead: I didn't expect much from this one thousandth reenactment of the old Dracula story, and after watching the pilot I can honestly say it fulfilled all my expectations.
    If you can get around the bad script and the tasteless production, your score probably
    depends on whether you like the star, Rhys Meyers. I, for one, absolutely adored him in Woody Allen's "Match Point", but as Dracula, he behaves a little like an adolescent attempting to impress his older brothers, hissing one manly statement after the other, with his eyes half closed, desperately hoping that none of them sees through his charade. So no, that doesn't do anything for me either. Expand
  14. Nov 9, 2013
    So far just not very good. The show is trying to be too many different things at the same time. My wife and daughter and I all very much enjoy supernatural tv shows but this one just doesn't grab any of us. All in all it just feels disjointed and boring.
  15. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The thing I hate most is how Jonathan Rhys Meyers was actually proud that they had removed references to stakes and garlic and all of Dracula's traditional shapeshifting powers and the power to summon storms and wind. Why is the idea that Dracula could turn into a bat, wolf, and mist suddenly shameful? Less than twenty years ago these were powers we associated with Dracula without question. Now you only find them in cartoons and parodies. Why? why are all vampires portrayed now as nothing more than super strong pretty boys, with heightened senses and the ability to run fast. And even his senses don't seem that heightened in this incarnation. I have seen many versions of Dracula and this, quite simply, was the weakest, physically speaking.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers went as far as to mock Romanian accents in his interviews and brag how his Dracula was more of a Howard Hughes or Citizen Kane type. Have I mentioned this Dracula puts on a bad fake American accent for his persona of Alexander Greyson? I thought I could stick with it. I thought it wasn't so bad but then came episode three. Episode three pushed me into hatred for this show.

Now in this version Dracula isn't proud of his connection to the knightly Order of the Dragon. Now they are an Illuminati type group and apparently they turned Dracula into a vampire as a form of punishment. Because... you know... fanatical illuminati groups often do that... But this isn't so bad. I have seen worse origins for Drcaula before such as Dracula 2000.

Dracula has been sleeping with the vampire hunter Lady Jayne (who somehow has no idea that he is Dracula, by the way). And while she is dozing after they have been intimate he hears a voice calling "Sire... Sire... help me... sire..." So Dracula takes up a torch (because apparently he can't see in the dark now...) and follows the voice. Before we go any further just know that you cannot convince me that torch was for our sake, the viewer. I have seen too many well done and well lit vampire films where rooms that are supposed to be black to human eyes are quite easy to see. And they never had to sacrifice a vampire's night vision before just for the viewer. Even the 1960s Dark Shadows never considered doing such a thing. Dracula finds the imprisoned vampire and she begs "Kill... me..." She has clearly been tortured. Dracula kisses her hand and with clear normal tears (Because people have forgotten portrayals of Dracula and blood tears LONG before True Blood) running down his face, he stands there, cracks his fingers for some reason (seeing some vampire claws would have been cool right now but they took those away from him too...) and he crawls right back into be with Lady Jayne.

Traditionally if you make Dracula cry that usually means something terrible is about to happen, that he is about to rip someone apart. This is true in novels, TV, and film but alas, not here. This is the ultimate moment in which he did NOT feel like Dracula.

I am tired of the cookie cutter pretty boy vampires all being alike in personality and powers. I miss Dracula as Dracula! This isn't refreshing or new. It's pandering to the new, six or so year old cliché. At this point seeing a traditional Dracula, THAT would be new and refreshing.
  16. Dec 16, 2013
    With Dracula, I really, really tried to like this show. I expected so much out of this show and I was severely disappointed. A show about Dracula, the vampire to beat all vampires should not put me to sleep. The show did, I found myself catching up on Hulu the next day and still I was suffering through it. I hope that they soon make changes to this show, as I would really hate that the network fails to renew the show because it couldn’t hold on to viewers due to the dreadful scripts. Expand
  17. Feb 14, 2014
    I sometimes struggle to understand what critics base their opinions on, if its personal ones then i struggle even more to understand how they can rate teenage tongue-in-cheek shows like Vampire Diaries higher than this.
    Frankly, this is a mature and good show with a solid cast and gripping story, one of the better shows to premiere this year. I was entertained throughout the season and
    looking forward to getting a renewal. Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2013
    seems the the vimpire season but this realy captivate me be the production the drama and the Story likely nicolas tesla is involved some how but when the press want boycot u cant fight again the media
  19. Nov 19, 2013
    While I usually don't like to review "seasons" until they are finished, I would like to rate Dracula for being cutting edge when it comes to taking an original, classic novel, and turning it into something new. Much like Moulin Rogue, this show has a very modern/vintage vibe, although it is set during the Victorian era, that keeps drawing me back each Friday. The actors and actresses are amazing, and are multi-dimensional. Essentially, they are writing and casting correctly. As someone who has read the book, i love the twist they have given this show especially with Lucy/Mina. Kudos to Katie McGrath and her performance and chemistry with Mina, Expand
  20. Nov 29, 2013
    I love this show. Please bring it back for another season. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is an outstanding lead. It has definitely captured my attention. I look forward to every new show.
  21. Oct 25, 2013
    It has Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Need I say more? Well okay since I need 150 characters for this review to go through... This series follows Bram's Stokers version but with a modern adjustment. Dracula appears to be an antihero in this adaption making friends with someone I didn't expect... must watch to find out! Love the costumes, the Victoria setting, and all the many talented actors such as Ben Miles from Lark Rise to Candleford, Nonso Anozie from Game of Thrones, Anthony Howell from Wives and Daughters, Katie McGrath from Merlin, and many more. Now that Dexter and Breaking Bad are over and Homeland has sucked majorly this season... I will make this my must watch series. :D Expand
  22. Oct 28, 2013
    It's great to see blood again... real vampires looks that will be extincting because latest tv shows... dracula take again the myth... lets hope it ends well... you should to a try to this... i really like it...
  23. Nov 4, 2013
    This version of Dracula with Jonathan Rhys Meyers doesn't work for me. I continually am looking at the clock to see how much longer it will drag on before the episode's completion. I am an avid fan of Bram Stoker's book, and I have loved the versions which starred Christopher Lee, Frank Langella, Gary Oldman and, of course, the great Bela Lugosi, as the screen writers/directors remained close to the story line. The story line is very seductive and alluring. The version close to the original draws one in and holds you in its grasp. Jonathan Rhys Myers is a wonderful actor, but doesn't cut it as Dracula. It seemed to work well when he was Henry the VIII in Tudors, but that character doesn't befit the more subtle, dark seduction of Dracula's character. The writers have gone way overboard straying from the original story. An American industrialist? We aren't even told how he became an industrialist Harker, in the second episode, mentioned something about there being no record of Alexander Grayson's professional existence prior to 8 years. Even Renfield's appearance in Grayson's life as his gentleman's gentleman isn't explained. Who is the woman who's trying to destroy Dracula? Who cares? Anyway, I always give a new show that I decide to watch at least three episode viewings before calling it quits. I think this next episode will be it for me unless there is some kind of inviting surprise that will keep me watching. Sleep Hollow on Fox has taken a character from a book and developed it correctly. The person chosen for the part of Ichibad Crain is perfect a naive, seductiveness that transcends the show itself and the writers, who have had to elaborate on the story and have taken it to the vision of the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse draws you in. I find myself looking at the clock during the commercials, hoping that the episode isn't nearing its end. I look at the clock every now and then when I'm watching Dracula, but more for how much longer the episode will go on before it, mercifully, ends. The costuming, though, is incredible! Expand
  24. Nov 6, 2013
    I enjoyed it, although what got to me was 'Douchebag' Van Helsing, I guess this is going to be like The Game of Thrones, you have women already throwing themselves at Vlad (Dracula) don't forget low-cut dresses and That blonde woman who works for some Anti-Vampire Group.
  25. Nov 8, 2013
    The show is entertaining but the female cast costumes are horrible and NOT period correct. It looks more like they are trying to pull a 1940's look than 1890's Victorian? This aspect is very disappointing considering the Men's costumes are pretty spot on. The story line is a bit off the beaten path and dragging. I am hoping they can keep me interested through the whole season.
  26. Nov 13, 2013
    I don't understand why this show got only 55. So far, from all the shows I follow, and it's a lot) It's the one of the only show that I liked. The story is interesting. The characters are skilled enough to give us a good show. And for once, a vampire isn't a god like. I agree the show isn't scary at all and it's why I only put 9. But the rest seems interesting and i hope the show will continue. Collapse
  27. Nov 21, 2013
    Dracula is a great show! I love it! It keeps wanting more. It's nice to have a show with romance. The scenes are great. This is the first season you have to give it some time. As time goes you learn more about the characters.
  28. Nov 30, 2013
    Im not a pro but I do love this show. The production, costumes, and acting are first class. Can say ALOT less of other shows on primetime right now that leave much to be desired. I hope it runs for YEARS!
  29. Nov 30, 2013
    Dracula is a well thought out series with some very interesting twists. I think that making Rhenfield a somewhat brilliant African American barrister, loyal for his own personal reasons and a person of integrity adds much depth and complexity to the story. Making Van Helsing an ally as opposed to an relentless adversary is another interesting twist. I anticipate this series will gain a very loyal cult following from those lovers of vampire lore such as myself. Expand
  30. Nov 30, 2013
    Love this show. I look forward to this every Friday. Love the whole cast but Dracula & Renfield are my favorites. Hope it stays on air for more than 1 season.
  31. Nov 30, 2013
    I didn't really like the first episode. I was shocked to learn that the beautiful accent I came to love in the Tudors series was being replaced by a Texas accent. Arghh! I really, really hated the modern music juxtaposed with the Victorian era ballroom scene. I almost changed the channel. But, I will say the series improves with each episode. Love the cast. Love the costumes. Love the plot line. And I like the sympathetic angle used for Dracula's character. I look forward to seeing the program on Friday nights. Expand
  32. Dec 3, 2013
    I just keep getting more hooked as this show progresses because it just keeps getting better with each episode. It's well written with amazing actors and a totally fresh take. I will be honest and say that at first I was unsure but I am glad I took the chance of watching a few episodes to fully get immersed in the ever expanding plot and well thought out story line. I think anyone who goes into this show with an open mind and truly gives it a chance, which it deserves, will realize it is an amazing show. Expand
  33. Dec 4, 2013
    Absolutely love the show. Every week we look forward to it. The pageantry, the architecture, and the characters are outstanding. You got this one right NBC.
  34. Dec 6, 2013
    I absolutely love Dracula! This is the best show that has been out out in a long time. The characters, costumes/outfits and plot are 100% phenomenal. Mr. Alexander (Dracula) is so sexy and Mina is Perfect! I look forward to watching this show and I can promise you will be on the edge of your seat every show!
  35. Dec 13, 2013
    I love this show, and so do my son and daughter. We look forward to it every Friday. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is amazing as "Dracula". All of the characters are portrayed well. Their outfits are great, and I love any shows set in this time period. I really hope the show continues. It would be a shame for it not to be given another season. I can't believe anyone would find it boring. It is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Expand
  36. AGA
    Dec 19, 2013
    Why oh why is the American audience so clueless? Dracula is exceedingly well written and executed. I went through all of the episodes in one sitting and can't wait till Jan 3rd. People are disappointed that it's not some rehashed version of something we've seen before? Yeah, that makes no sense at all! People, do yourselves a favor and enjoy this amazing new vision of something that has been done many, many times over. God! The bad reviews remind me of the people who walked out of Inception and said that they didn't get it! The masses have absolutely zero imagination. If this show gets cancelled I'll be severely disappointed. Expand
  37. Jan 10, 2014
    I absolutely love this show. I am a fan of Bram Stroker's Dracula so I am in love with this show. The Victorian setting is perfect and although many say this is a slow start I am finding I cannot wait for the next show. I am saddened to think it may not go father than 10 shows. I hope it is not cancelled. I believe the actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an amazing job. I hope he gets his personal life in order and becomes sober. FYI.....I am a person who never leaves a review for a movie or TV show this is my first review ever!!!!! That's how much I love this show. Expand
  38. Jan 10, 2014
    "Dracula" is getting better with each week. It seems like the creators/producers had this vision (obviously) of how they wanted this "Dracula" to be and couldn't fully articulate it initially. It has taken time for the story and the characters to fill the space. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is doing an amazing job in creating this particular re-imagining of Dracula. His relationship with Renfield is fascinating. The production values are excellent. I look forward to new episodes all week. I give it an 8 because I want to see what else they do with the story. Expand
  39. Jan 13, 2014
    This show is so great. I absolutely love. Love it. (I only wish it wasn't on Friday night. bad time slot) Love it so such, it makes me happy!!!! I love the characters, plot, the time period, Jonathan Rhys Meyers = perfect Dracula.
  40. Jan 18, 2014
    Yes, it is so good! Please do some more Dracula! Me & my husband watch it on DVR every friday night, It gives me chills! Alexander Grayson is awesome!
  41. Jan 18, 2014
    I love the new concept and take on the whole Dracula methos. I've been a big fan of the show and I want them to continue it. That being said, they really need to move it to a better time slot if they are looking for a lot more viewership. It is an intelligently done series that seems to be getting better, with great acting and twists. I write reviews for a blog and I would really give this show a 4 out of 5. Please forward our thoughts to NBC and help to sway them to give a great show on the air. Expand
  42. Jan 19, 2014
    It's getting better and better. The premise is interesting and the art direction and lighting are excellent. Certain cast members, in particular 'Lucy', are invariably weak but the original, intelligent re-imagination shines through. I hope that they get a second season, and if so, that they will weed out the weaker cast and get more confident with the writing and trusting the audience's intellect, instead of feeling the need to clumsily underline every plot development in dialogue - at least once. Jonathan Rhys Myers, isn't the strongest actor and he could use an extra foot in height but he carries this well enough, aided by his obvious commitment to the role and striking looks. Finally, Daniel Knauf is a genius. If NBC can allow him to craft something half as rich as his HBO series Carnivalé, they'll be onto a winner. Expand
  43. Jan 19, 2014
    I would really like this show to be renewed for a second season. I started watching it late, using On Demand, but I caught up quickly and really enjoy the acting and storyline. I do not normally review television shows, but I think that if it is given a little more publicity others would grow to appreciate the show as well. I'm also looking forward to the season finale.
  44. Jan 21, 2014
    This is a very interesting take on Dracula - one I must say I am addicted to! The plot gets better with each episode, and the relationships between the characters are very interesting to watch unfold. Definitely recommend this series.
  45. Jan 22, 2014
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers is an amazing actor and the series is fantastic. Great plot..realistic. I love the fact that its not like other vampire shows that have too much of the fantasy feel. This vampire is sexy and a smart business man, intriguing.
  46. Jan 22, 2014
    Love the show. I like that it's a new twist and not just the same tired rehash. Love that Renfield's character is an intelligent, well educated attorney who chooses to be loyal to Dracula. It took a while to get used to Jonathan Rhys Meyers speaking with an American accent. He was fantastic in The Tudors and he has a very commanding presence in Dracula. I enjoy the uneasy alliance between Dracula and Van Helsing. I was sad to see that next week is the season finale already. I certainly hope NBC brings the show back for another season. Expand
  47. Jan 25, 2014
    Vlad the impaler did exist! Prince of Wallachia of the house of Draculesti,, But the mystery and myth derived from his existence is so compelling that centuries later his name is alive and well on our lips... Writers can do anything they want with this behemoth! I'm captivated by the show and love the humanity of Vlad- Alexander. Circumstance made him what he is and love drives him to want to be human/whole again! Love the show! Will keep watching! Expand
  48. Jan 27, 2014
    I can't wait for season 2 of Dracula. I think this show gets better and better with each episode. The "Huntsmen" are pretty badass. As is Dracula himself. I hope they renew it this year.
  49. Jan 27, 2014
    This is an example of a well produced show with amazing art direction and set design that got so many things right, but failed to convince early viewers to stick around. It doesn't hit it's stride until about episode six and for those that stayed with it for the entire season, were rewarded with some great story telling and plot development. The first half of the season was all about character development and setting up the confrontation for the second half. And confrontation there is, with plenty of nail biting moments and plot twists that makes you say "I didn't see that coming", along the way.

For those that criticized the show in it's early days, you should revisit to see how it evolved into a drama worth watching.
  50. Feb 6, 2014
    Story build up is fascinating. Well fitting rolls for characters and plot twists to keep you guessing. The primal mix of violence and sex is greattttt
  51. Feb 15, 2014
    Please don't cancel Dracula. I never miss an episode. It's well written and beautifully designed. Not a run of the mill vampire story, this one is thoughtful, with varied layered characters and plots. Exquisite sets and costume designs. Rhys-Meyers is beyond amazing. He IS Dracula. He manages to be both a monster and a sympathetic character who you're glad gets the girl in the season finale. Can't wait for what's next. Expand
  52. Feb 17, 2014
    Dracula is the breakout sleeper hit of the year 2013. It's one of the best renditions of this old folklore story portrayed in recent years. I hope the delay in announcement of a season 2 is because of contact renewals & production scheduling with the actors and actresses, & not because of lack of interest in the show from it's fans. The NBC Dracula face book page has proved success for this drama series by having well over 700,000 "Likes" & it seems to grow by a 1,000 plus every few days. I read that an announcement if there is to be a season 2 will be given sometime in May 2014. It would be wise to allow this show to remain in production for several seasons to come as it is a brilliant show and enjoyable to view. People are so dedicated to bring about the attention needed to help the decision to keep Dracula on air that petitions have been wrote. Fans are signing them by the thousands. The fans are from overseas as well as from stateside. The show is genius, superbly written, and the cast of actors and actresses are a force to be reckoned with. Their performance's abilities are outstanding. Dracula follows the original story close enough but with a steam punk modernistic approach. Which is clever to keep the storyline intriguing and captivating. The sets are spot on with the time era and full of splendor. The costumes are handsome and glamorous. It's refreshing to have a show for the mature viewership and one that reaches out to an all gender audience. A show that has none of the following; federal agents, singing comps, absurd and/or obscured talent shows, police chases, fires that are put out in seconds, unfunny comedy situations, gangs & drug lords running amok in neighborhoods, & celeb games. TV airtime has been saturated with all of this for years and it's tiresome. To have this unique show Dracula for just one season would be unjust to the viewers. Expand
  53. Feb 24, 2014
    I love Dracula set up, the writings and the plot of each scene and each episodes.. i hope NBC will continue to air Dracula for 2014. The characters are very illusive, addictive and explicit desirable, the personalities that you will love along the way while watching each episode...
  54. Mar 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im not event sure why a watched all 10 episodes, hopefully there will NOT be second season.
    Christian order of dragon creates a Vampire because death wasnt enough of a punishement? Well one would say that sending him to hell to undergo endless suffering would be a better option than creating a monster and subsequently killing bunch of humans (or maybe they thought they could keep him as a pet?)
    Jack the Ripper as a hoax, WTF?
    Van Helsing was in the order of dragon and yet no one recognizes him?
    Dracula leaving his prey all over the city insted of hiding the bodies (not like there a lot of them - whitch is not Dracula like at all)
    The authors took famous fictional names only (not characters!) and crammed as much of them as they could into the show.
    Murray and Harker .. for her inteligence shes not suspicious enough and he should have been killed in the exposion.
    And finally, they had names of all the members in first episode, I understand they wanted to kill the leader, they were sure it was one of them .. why not just kill them all and be done with it?
  55. Mar 17, 2014
    I can't wait for the next season, this series are awesome, it's not some cheesy vampires who are trying not to stain the shirt while drinking blood, it has fight, speculations, romance, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. ;)
  56. Apr 27, 2014
    An amazing show that deserves another season. The multiple story lines are masterfully intertwined while using various historical and cultural sources to give the viewer a new twist to this legendary tale.
  57. Jul 7, 2014
    Absolutely loved This show . Couldn't get enough , the story is so magical you want more . Sure it's a well known story , but JRM brings this character back to life once again , breathtaking and sexy . Would love to see a second series to see what happens next . Can definitely keep up with the current series . Love. Love love Dracula

1. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Oct 28, 2013
    Dracula is meant to be powerful and alluring, but this version of him feels stilted and withdrawn.
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 25, 2013
    Unfortunately, this Dracula isn’t fun at all. It’s not really scary, either, although it does spill a lot of blood.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Oct 25, 2013
    Not funny enough to be campy, not smart enough to be serious, NBC's Dracula is an incomprehensible mishmash in period costumes.