Dracula : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 25, 2013
7.7

1. Nov 13, 2013
    I don't understand why this show got only 55.
    So far, from all the shows I follow, and it's a lot) It's the one of the only show that I liked.
    The story is interesting. The characters are skilled enough to give us a good show. And for once, a vampire isn't a god like. I agree the show isn't scary at all and it's why I only put 9. But the rest seems interesting and i hope the show
    I don't understand why this show got only 55.
    And for once, a vampire isn't a god like.
    I agree the show isn't scary at all and it's why I only put 9.
    But the rest seems interesting and i hope the show will continue.
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    While I usually don't like to review "seasons" until they are finished, I would like to rate Dracula for being cutting edge when it comes to taking an original, classic novel, and turning it into something new. Much like Moulin Rogue, this show has a very modern/vintage vibe, although it is set during the Victorian era, that keeps drawing me back each Friday. The actors and actresses areWhile I usually don't like to review "seasons" until they are finished, I would like to rate Dracula for being cutting edge when it comes to taking an original, classic novel, and turning it into something new. Much like Moulin Rogue, this show has a very modern/vintage vibe, although it is set during the Victorian era, that keeps drawing me back each Friday. The actors and actresses are amazing, and are multi-dimensional. Essentially, they are writing and casting correctly. As someone who has read the book, i love the twist they have given this show especially with Lucy/Mina. Kudos to Katie McGrath and her performance and chemistry with Mina, Expand
  3. Jan 10, 2014
    "Dracula" is getting better with each week. It seems like the creators/producers had this vision (obviously) of how they wanted this "Dracula" to be and couldn't fully articulate it initially. It has taken time for the story and the characters to fill the space. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is doing an amazing job in creating this particular re-imagining of Dracula. His relationship with Renfield"Dracula" is getting better with each week. It seems like the creators/producers had this vision (obviously) of how they wanted this "Dracula" to be and couldn't fully articulate it initially. It has taken time for the story and the characters to fill the space. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is doing an amazing job in creating this particular re-imagining of Dracula. His relationship with Renfield is fascinating. The production values are excellent. I look forward to new episodes all week. I give it an 8 because I want to see what else they do with the story. Expand
  4. Jan 14, 2014
    I keep expecting Dracula to collapse beneath the weight of too many diverse elements that are uneasy in a Victorian setting, but somehow it holds itself together and holds my attention. The talented cast carries its burden well, particularly Meyers. The title character is a pleasing shade of gray and grows more faceted as the series progresses.
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    I enjoyed it, although what got to me was 'Douchebag' Van Helsing, I guess this is going to be like The Game of Thrones, you have women already throwing themselves at Vlad (Dracula) don't forget low-cut dresses and That blonde woman who works for some Anti-Vampire Group.
  6. Nov 30, 2013
    Im not a pro but I do love this show. The production, costumes, and acting are first class. Can say ALOT less of other shows on primetime right now that leave much to be desired. I hope it runs for YEARS!
  7. Nov 30, 2013
    I didn't really like the first episode. I was shocked to learn that the beautiful accent I came to love in the Tudors series was being replaced by a Texas accent. Arghh! I really, really hated the modern music juxtaposed with the Victorian era ballroom scene. I almost changed the channel. But, I will say the series improves with each episode. Love the cast. Love the costumes. Love theI didn't really like the first episode. I was shocked to learn that the beautiful accent I came to love in the Tudors series was being replaced by a Texas accent. Arghh! I really, really hated the modern music juxtaposed with the Victorian era ballroom scene. I almost changed the channel. But, I will say the series improves with each episode. Love the cast. Love the costumes. Love the plot line. And I like the sympathetic angle used for Dracula's character. I look forward to seeing the program on Friday nights. Expand
  8. Dec 4, 2013
    Absolutely love the show. Every week we look forward to it. The pageantry, the architecture, and the characters are outstanding. You got this one right NBC.
  9. Jan 13, 2014
    This show is so great. I absolutely love. Love it. (I only wish it wasn't on Friday night. bad time slot) Love it so such, it makes me happy!!!! I love the characters, plot, the time period, Jonathan Rhys Meyers = perfect Dracula.
  10. Jan 18, 2014
    Yes, it is so good! Please do some more Dracula! Me & my husband watch it on DVR every friday night, It gives me chills! Alexander Grayson is awesome!
  11. Nov 21, 2013
    Dracula is a great show! I love it! It keeps wanting more. It's nice to have a show with romance. The scenes are great. This is the first season you have to give it some time. As time goes you learn more about the characters.
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    I love this show. Please bring it back for another season. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is an outstanding lead. It has definitely captured my attention. I look forward to every new show.
  13. Nov 30, 2013
    Dracula is a well thought out series with some very interesting twists. I think that making Rhenfield a somewhat brilliant African American barrister, loyal for his own personal reasons and a person of integrity adds much depth and complexity to the story. Making Van Helsing an ally as opposed to an relentless adversary is another interesting twist. I anticipate this series will gain aDracula is a well thought out series with some very interesting twists. I think that making Rhenfield a somewhat brilliant African American barrister, loyal for his own personal reasons and a person of integrity adds much depth and complexity to the story. Making Van Helsing an ally as opposed to an relentless adversary is another interesting twist. I anticipate this series will gain a very loyal cult following from those lovers of vampire lore such as myself. Expand
  14. Dec 3, 2013
    I just keep getting more hooked as this show progresses because it just keeps getting better with each episode. It's well written with amazing actors and a totally fresh take. I will be honest and say that at first I was unsure but I am glad I took the chance of watching a few episodes to fully get immersed in the ever expanding plot and well thought out story line. I think anyone whoI just keep getting more hooked as this show progresses because it just keeps getting better with each episode. It's well written with amazing actors and a totally fresh take. I will be honest and say that at first I was unsure but I am glad I took the chance of watching a few episodes to fully get immersed in the ever expanding plot and well thought out story line. I think anyone who goes into this show with an open mind and truly gives it a chance, which it deserves, will realize it is an amazing show. Expand
  15. Dec 6, 2013
    I absolutely love Dracula! This is the best show that has been out out in a long time. The characters, costumes/outfits and plot are 100% phenomenal. Mr. Alexander (Dracula) is so sexy and Mina is Perfect! I look forward to watching this show and I can promise you will be on the edge of your seat every show!
  16. Dec 13, 2013
    I love this show, and so do my son and daughter. We look forward to it every Friday. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is amazing as "Dracula". All of the characters are portrayed well. Their outfits are great, and I love any shows set in this time period. I really hope the show continues. It would be a shame for it not to be given another season. I can't believe anyone would find it boring.I love this show, and so do my son and daughter. We look forward to it every Friday. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is amazing as "Dracula". All of the characters are portrayed well. Their outfits are great, and I love any shows set in this time period. I really hope the show continues. It would be a shame for it not to be given another season. I can't believe anyone would find it boring. It is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Expand
  17. Jan 10, 2014
    I absolutely love this show. I am a fan of Bram Stroker's Dracula so I am in love with this show. The Victorian setting is perfect and although many say this is a slow start I am finding I cannot wait for the next show. I am saddened to think it may not go father than 10 shows. I hope it is not cancelled. I believe the actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an amazing job. I hope he gets hisI absolutely love this show. I am a fan of Bram Stroker's Dracula so I am in love with this show. The Victorian setting is perfect and although many say this is a slow start I am finding I cannot wait for the next show. I am saddened to think it may not go father than 10 shows. I hope it is not cancelled. I believe the actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an amazing job. I hope he gets his personal life in order and becomes sober. FYI.....I am a person who never leaves a review for a movie or TV show this is my first review ever!!!!! That's how much I love this show. Expand
  18. Jan 18, 2014
    I love the new concept and take on the whole Dracula methos. I've been a big fan of the show and I want them to continue it. That being said, they really need to move it to a better time slot if they are looking for a lot more viewership. It is an intelligently done series that seems to be getting better, with great acting and twists. I write reviews for a blog and I would really give thisI love the new concept and take on the whole Dracula methos. I've been a big fan of the show and I want them to continue it. That being said, they really need to move it to a better time slot if they are looking for a lot more viewership. It is an intelligently done series that seems to be getting better, with great acting and twists. I write reviews for a blog and I would really give this show a 4 out of 5. Please forward our thoughts to NBC and help to sway them to give a great show on the air. Expand
  19. Jan 19, 2014
    I would really like this show to be renewed for a second season. I started watching it late, using On Demand, but I caught up quickly and really enjoy the acting and storyline. I do not normally review television shows, but I think that if it is given a little more publicity others would grow to appreciate the show as well. I'm also looking forward to the season finale.
  20. Jan 21, 2014
    This is a very interesting take on Dracula - one I must say I am addicted to! The plot gets better with each episode, and the relationships between the characters are very interesting to watch unfold. Definitely recommend this series.
  21. Oct 28, 2013
    It's great to see blood again... real vampires looks that will be extincting because latest tv shows... dracula take again the myth... lets hope it ends well... you should to a try to this... i really like it...
  22. Oct 30, 2013
    seems the the vimpire season but this realy captivate me be the production the drama and the Story likely nicolas tesla is involved some how but when the press want boycot u cant fight again the media
  23. Nov 9, 2013
    So far just not very good. The show is trying to be too many different things at the same time. My wife and daughter and I all very much enjoy supernatural tv shows but this one just doesn't grab any of us. All in all it just feels disjointed and boring.
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    This shows has great production value and the cast are all convincing. They are definitely trying to paint Dracula in a likable way and while his character is very different than other interpretations the production as a whole makes it believable.

The story is a bit different that other Draculas showing more of his industrialist side as well as a stage in Dracula's personal development that perhaps shows less of a egomaniac madness which always leads to his downfall in most adaptations.

I have no idea why the critics do not like it so much but then again I rarely think they represent anything but their own opinion. Right now the show is worth watching and entertaining because it is unique in its take and I am interested in the direction they are going.
  25. Oct 25, 2013
    It has Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Need I say more? Well okay since I need 150 characters for this review to go through... This series follows Bram's Stokers version but with a modern adjustment. Dracula appears to be an antihero in this adaption making friends with someone I didn't expect... must watch to find out! Love the costumes, the Victoria setting, and all the many talented actors suchIt has Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Need I say more? Well okay since I need 150 characters for this review to go through... This series follows Bram's Stokers version but with a modern adjustment. Dracula appears to be an antihero in this adaption making friends with someone I didn't expect... must watch to find out! Love the costumes, the Victoria setting, and all the many talented actors such as Ben Miles from Lark Rise to Candleford, Nonso Anozie from Game of Thrones, Anthony Howell from Wives and Daughters, Katie McGrath from Merlin, and many more. Now that Dexter and Breaking Bad are over and Homeland has sucked majorly this season... I will make this my must watch series. :D Expand
  26. Nov 30, 2013
    Love this show. I look forward to this every Friday. Love the whole cast but Dracula & Renfield are my favorites. Hope it stays on air for more than 1 season.
  27. Oct 25, 2013
    i really enjoyed watching it, it's something different on the tv and Meyers definitely is such an incredible and hilarious actor, i'm looking forward to it.
  28. AGA
    Dec 19, 2013
    Why oh why is the American audience so clueless? Dracula is exceedingly well written and executed. I went through all of the episodes in one sitting and can't wait till Jan 3rd. People are disappointed that it's not some rehashed version of something we've seen before? Yeah, that makes no sense at all! People, do yourselves a favor and enjoy this amazing new vision of something that hasWhy oh why is the American audience so clueless? Dracula is exceedingly well written and executed. I went through all of the episodes in one sitting and can't wait till Jan 3rd. People are disappointed that it's not some rehashed version of something we've seen before? Yeah, that makes no sense at all! People, do yourselves a favor and enjoy this amazing new vision of something that has been done many, many times over. God! The bad reviews remind me of the people who walked out of Inception and said that they didn't get it! The masses have absolutely zero imagination. If this show gets cancelled I'll be severely disappointed. Expand
  29. Oct 26, 2013
    Okay, let's start off by saying the cast is great and because the cast is great viewers expect SO much from it's first episode yet it failed to deliver anything.. AT ALL. and the last second conspiracy at the end of the pilot completely not shocking. so expected, cheap ancient history wannabe of the Vampire Diaries.
  30. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The thing I hate most is how Jonathan Rhys Meyers was actually proud that they had removed references to stakes and garlic and all of Dracula's traditional shapeshifting powers and the power to summon storms and wind. Why is the idea that Dracula could turn into a bat, wolf, and mist suddenly shameful? Less than twenty years ago these were powers we associated with Dracula without question. Now you only find them in cartoons and parodies. Why? why are all vampires portrayed now as nothing more than super strong pretty boys, with heightened senses and the ability to run fast. And even his senses don't seem that heightened in this incarnation. I have seen many versions of Dracula and this, quite simply, was the weakest, physically speaking.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers went as far as to mock Romanian accents in his interviews and brag how his Dracula was more of a Howard Hughes or Citizen Kane type. Have I mentioned this Dracula puts on a bad fake American accent for his persona of Alexander Greyson? I thought I could stick with it. I thought it wasn't so bad but then came episode three. Episode three pushed me into hatred for this show.

Now in this version Dracula isn't proud of his connection to the knightly Order of the Dragon. Now they are an Illuminati type group and apparently they turned Dracula into a vampire as a form of punishment. Because... you know... fanatical illuminati groups often do that... But this isn't so bad. I have seen worse origins for Drcaula before such as Dracula 2000.

Dracula has been sleeping with the vampire hunter Lady Jayne (who somehow has no idea that he is Dracula, by the way). And while she is dozing after they have been intimate he hears a voice calling "Sire... Sire... help me... sire..." So Dracula takes up a torch (because apparently he can't see in the dark now...) and follows the voice. Before we go any further just know that you cannot convince me that torch was for our sake, the viewer. I have seen too many well done and well lit vampire films where rooms that are supposed to be black to human eyes are quite easy to see. And they never had to sacrifice a vampire's night vision before just for the viewer. Even the 1960s Dark Shadows never considered doing such a thing. Dracula finds the imprisoned vampire and she begs "Kill... me..." She has clearly been tortured. Dracula kisses her hand and with clear normal tears (Because people have forgotten portrayals of Dracula and blood tears LONG before True Blood) running down his face, he stands there, cracks his fingers for some reason (seeing some vampire claws would have been cool right now but they took those away from him too...) and he crawls right back into be with Lady Jayne.

Traditionally if you make Dracula cry that usually means something terrible is about to happen, that he is about to rip someone apart. This is true in novels, TV, and film but alas, not here. This is the ultimate moment in which he did NOT feel like Dracula.

I am tired of the cookie cutter pretty boy vampires all being alike in personality and powers. I miss Dracula as Dracula! This isn't refreshing or new. It's pandering to the new, six or so year old cliché. At this point seeing a traditional Dracula, THAT would be new and refreshing.

1. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Oct 28, 2013
    Dracula is meant to be powerful and alluring, but this version of him feels stilted and withdrawn.
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 25, 2013
    Unfortunately, this Dracula isn’t fun at all. It’s not really scary, either, although it does spill a lot of blood.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Oct 25, 2013
    Not funny enough to be campy, not smart enough to be serious, NBC's Dracula is an incomprehensible mishmash in period costumes.