Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.3

1. Jan 19, 2012
    I love Dragon Ball Kai. No fillers just the show you love. Ever since I was a kid I watched dragon ball, and dragon ball Z and the rest of the shows. But I will say dragon ball kai has one of the best title song i love the song and the show check it out.
  2. Jan 19, 2014
    Dragon Ball Z Kai (or Dragon Ball Kai in japan) is basically Dragon Ball Z Akira Toriyama Edition. It has been re-edited to follow the original manga, that means it removes almost all the filler that was in the original Dragon Ball Z. Which I appreciate, as most of the filler in the original was not fun to sit through.

In terms of animation it is exactly the same as the original Dragon

In terms of animation it is exactly the same as the original Dragon Ball Z, (with the opening and endings being a exception), But they do fix small things that were done incorrectly in the original, for example they recolor Vegeta in his first appearance, changing his hair from brown to black. They also occasionally add in some new animation. Which blend in with the original animation very well.

The soundtrack is great, the new intro and ending themes are great and the tracks that play during the episodes can be very catchy. Voice acting in English and Japanese is fantastic. And I am happy that Funimation did not go out of there way to replace the original soundtrack, because I can't stand the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack from DBZ.

Overall a fantastic way to get into Dragon Ball Z without the terrible filler getting in the way of you're enjoyment. I think this is honestly the best way to watch the original Dragon Ball Z anime.

OVERALL-

There are no critic reviews yet.