6.6

1. Jul 31, 2014
    This is a creative concept for a show and everything is funny except the fake drunk acting. These guys are professional actors, they should be more believable and maybe even really get drunk. They make getting drunk look so painful and pitiful. Except for the American Music episode. When Eric REALLY drinks the other guys giggle like little school girls who havent gotten really drunk IN A LONG TIME! Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2014
    This would probably be hilarious if the actors didn't all sound like Dee Reynolds when she is wasted, which by the way, is a really **** portrayal of a drunk person. I think the concept of the show is good, but the execution is very poor. I was actually pretty excited when I first saw the commercials for the show, but when I got to watch it, it was just a let down. The actors slur their words and talk in a monotone voice, that's about it. THe only real compliments I have, is that Drunk History is at least slightly better than the Kroll Show Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2014
    Hilarious! If you're a fan of dumb shows like Beavis & Butt-head, 70's Show and Aqua Teen, you'll get this. Watching mostly-serious actors try to sync up to the bumbling narrators is a lot of fun.
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    Forget the critics. If you can't enjoy the ridiculous things drunk people say while sober, then you must be Buzz Killington. The lip sync by A-list talents while sober of someone who is completely inebriated is the best thing to watch.
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    My girlfriend had me watch a clip, and I was genuinely uninterested. I watched the show out of boredom and it quickly became my favorite show on Comedy Central I enjoy the learning aspect of it and they're speaking a youthful language absolutely hilarious hopefully they re-up it for another season.
  6. Aug 31, 2013
    Drunk history is pretty darn funny. Its a bit of a side step from the online skits as the budget and production have changed but the main premise is still the same. Get famous people drunk and have them tell historical events about and in 3rd perspective of famous historical people.

This show is quite funny and accurate too. It puts a wonderful spin on the mundane telling of historical
    characters and best of all the thing that matters the most is that the show is entertaining. Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2013
    Oh man...this show is spectacular. The first few episodes are a little off if you were a fan of the series. By the 4th episode, it really takes off with Winona Ryder, Jason Ritter (in a star turn), Bob Oedenkirk and Nick Offerman. And the storytellers keep getting more and more bizarre.

This has to be picked up for a second season but, knowing Comedy Central nowadays, it probably won't.

When you see an internet "thing" become a TV show, you prepare yourself for the worst. But this stays true to the original concept and builds on it to make for a well-rounded show that can only get more entertaining as it figures out what it is and what it could possibly grow into.
  8. Jul 23, 2013
    I mean, Drunk History isn't necessarily bad. It grows on you, and after a while you find yourself laughing, but it takes too long for anyone with a remotely busy schedule to watch and find funny, and other than a few funny moments, it's pretty boring

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jul 9, 2013
    The wit of the historical re-creations, along with the excellence of the many guest actors in them (including, this season, Connie Britton, Kristen Wiig, Aubrey Plaza, Owen Wilson, and Jack McBrayer) helps to overcome the repetitiveness and slightness of the formula.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jul 9, 2013
    Some will find it offensive, immoral, irresponsible--a highly defensible position. It's also very funny, a thing of twisted genius and, for the next eight weeks possibly the most original comedy on television.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 9, 2013
    Drunk History is a good-natured show with no inflated aspirations. But like a drunk in a game of darts, it doesn’t hit the target very often.