• Network: HBO

Feb 20, 2009
    Crude, cruel & crappy.
  2. KenD
    Feb 15, 2009
    Dude, this show is off-its-Rocker. Obscenity pinch hits for imagination and strikes out for those who love baseball and HBO experimentation.
  3. RobertT
    Feb 17, 2009
    28 minutes and 50 seconds that I will NEVER get back. Embarrassing to watch. Directly squarely and between the eyes at pre-pubescent boys. Image how John Hawkes feels coming from such a quality show as Deadwood and now having to play the older brother in this. Sad!
  4. MichaelM
    Mar 29, 2009
    I don't understand how this gets good reviews. My roomate was watching it when I got home and can't understand what is entertaining. I watched the whole episode and was glad when it was over. It is just some annoying guy swearing and doing lame things. Every scene is drawn out, there are no memorable characters. The script could of been written by a mentally retarded 10 year old I don't understand how this gets good reviews. My roomate was watching it when I got home and can't understand what is entertaining. I watched the whole episode and was glad when it was over. It is just some annoying guy swearing and doing lame things. Every scene is drawn out, there are no memorable characters. The script could of been written by a mentally retarded 10 year old who laughs at the word poop. If you have 3 brain cells you're too smart for this show. Expand

Powers, the central character in the strangely compelling new HBO series Eastbound & Down is a down-on-his-luck pitcher whose glory days in the Major League are well behind him.
  2. What lifts Eastbound & Down away from mere crudball humor is McBride's ongoing love affair with the lower middle class.
    If you thought "Tropic Thunder" was the funniest movie of the year and that everything Will Ferrell touches makes you laugh until you squirt Diet Pepsi out of your nose, then you will love Eastbound & Down.