• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 15, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
9.0

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Maybe it doesn't work out so well between the pilot and episode 4, but's still goddamn funny. I can't imagine another Tv show on that's as profanely hilarious as this.
  2. Nov 3, 2010
    At first I thought this was total cr*p, but I for some reason kept watching. I don't know why but the show grew on me and I came to appreciate it for what it tries to do and it does it well.
  3. Oct 4, 2010
    Yes it's incredibly offensive; you and everyone else knew that going in. That being said I'm enjoying season two much more that season one. The creative writing has definitely justified the existence of a second season.
  4. Apr 26, 2012
    Funny, completely inappropriate, and insane, it's for a specific audience, the kind who doesn't mind vulgar humor, I personally found it funny but I can see other being turned of by the sheer obnoxiousness of it, still if your looking for something vulgarly funny this is for you, all in all a good show and I'm looking forward to watching the other two seasons.
  5. Feb 26, 2011
    The best crude sports fan humor put together in my time. Slapshot for hockey is a given, but now Danny McBride gives Charlie Sheen a run for his money!!! My favorite HBO comedy yet.
  6. Sep 18, 2012
    Funny if you like obscenities. Funny if you like obscenities. Funny if you like obscenities. Funny if you like obscenities. Funny if you like obscenities.
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    When it comes to loveable-horrible characters, it's hard to beat Kenny Powers, but one of the greatest things about the show is that the creators don't rest on funny characterization to carry the show. Every season reinvents the show. And every episode breaks new and hilarious story ground.
  8. Mar 24, 2014
    Hillarious, Very well written and suprisingly at times heart felt, Eastbound and down is a rare example of a comedy show that gets better, more rude and more entertaining
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    Great Show, great Season start. Danny McBride again in his Parade role

Powers, the central character in the strangely compelling new HBO series Eastbound & Down is a down-on-his-luck pitcher whose glory days in the Major League are well behind him.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    What lifts Eastbound & Down away from mere crudball humor is McBride's ongoing love affair with the lower middle class.
    If you thought "Tropic Thunder" was the funniest movie of the year and that everything Will Ferrell touches makes you laugh until you squirt Diet Pepsi out of your nose, then you will love Eastbound & Down.