Eastbound & Down : Season 1

Jun 30, 2009
    the best
  2. VinL
    Mar 10, 2009
    A show that truly portrays the struggle of a fallen hero. Kenny Powers' battles are both internal and external. His arrogance is front for his self-loathing, and his desire to get back in the majors is over shadowed by his desire to win back the love of his life. Best show on TV ever, Kenny Powers is a hero for us all.
  3. DermotM
    Mar 20, 2009
    This show is a breath of fresh air, i hope it comes to the U.K where im sure it will be a huge hit. Fantastic!!!
  4. WalkerZ
    Apr 1, 2009
    This show is great. I wasn't that fired up about it, but my sister recommended it and I was locked in. Kenny Powers is the ultimate comedy/tradgedy. So I say we all need to let HBO know how much we love Eastbound before it gets raped like Deadwood did. Who's with me?
  5. carlosR
    Apr 18, 2009
    Will Ferrell, that is all I have to say about that.
  6. ReneeD
    Jun 9, 2009
    An excellent show that develops well later in the first season; it's a shame it was only six episodes. I encourage anyone who gave up on it in the first couple episodes to finish out season 1 and give the second one a shot when it premieres.
  7. BrentW
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is the funniest show I've ever seen. Sheer brilliance.
  8. ColinM
    Mar 23, 2009
    This show is absolutely hilarious. Danny McBride is perfect his role here and plays it very well. It is a very good blend of hilarity and seriousness. The pace of the show is also well done. All around A+! I definately recommend this show.
  9. charlesf
    Mar 3, 2009
    Very funny. McBride is from the South and he captures the part well. They break so many norms and moras down; but, do it in a gutt wrenching hilarious fashion
  10. DanG
    Mar 4, 2009
    I love this show Kenny Powers is so funny and the show crosses every line and i have laughed my a$$ off for the first 3 episodes.
  11. FrancoB
    Apr 17, 2009
    Ferrell/McBride GENIUS!
  12. KevK
    Apr 6, 2009
    I must say that some of these old ass movie critics from some of these newspapers need to go!!! Who is some 45-50 year old asshole think he is trying to rate a movie based on his old fashioned boring opinions. These papers need a youthful critic who knows what a younger generation finds funny. Kenny Powers says things and does things that everyday people would love to say and do, but no I must say that some of these old ass movie critics from some of these newspapers need to go!!! Who is some 45-50 year old asshole think he is trying to rate a movie based on his old fashioned boring opinions. These papers need a youthful critic who knows what a younger generation finds funny. Kenny Powers says things and does things that everyday people would love to say and do, but no one would ever have the guts to. Let us live through him and enjoy the show without your shitty reviews. All you old retards that think your opinion on this show matters. As Kenny Powers would say : "With all do respect, Go Fuck Yourselves." Thank You! Expand
  13. BradfordG
    Apr 8, 2009
    Funniest show ever. Laughed so hard I almost pissed myself. If you don't like this show then your probably a big fan of Oprah or some other fag show.
  14. GeorgeL
    Jul 29, 2009
    Awesome show. Period.
  15. DarrenNoneoyourbusiness
    Aug 19, 2009
    One of the best shows to hit tv in a very loooong time.
  16. RyanF
    Oct 17, 2009
    Best show on TV. Period.
  17. JohnM.
    Oct 8, 2009
    This is the best show on TV right now. The originality of the show is its greatest asset. Instead of making fun of the familiar southern stereotypes, it investigates the new ones, which are fresh and hilarious. I live in the real Shelby, NC and all I have to say is that this is spot on.
  18. TM
    Feb 18, 2009
    I'm watching the premiere for the third time and picking up jokes I must have laughed through the first two times. This show is f'ing awesome.
  19. AndrewG
    Feb 28, 2009
    I almost pissed myself because this show is sooo funny. Takes stereotypes to a new level and mixes real stories. You can see shades of John Rocker or anyone from a small town knows the local autodealer like Ashley. Excellent show that real people get. Jerkoffs in San Francisco and NYC won't get it and will find it offensive. Exactly what the show is written to do.
  20. StevieJ
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was reading the critics reviews and it seems to me that some of them need to come out of their ivory towers and join the rest of middle america in our struggles. These critics are the same people who allowed anyone and everyone to get a mortgage and led the world's economy down the toilet, while completely oblivious to the fact middle america got screwed in the process. Kenny I was reading the critics reviews and it seems to me that some of them need to come out of their ivory towers and join the rest of middle america in our struggles. These critics are the same people who allowed anyone and everyone to get a mortgage and led the world's economy down the toilet, while completely oblivious to the fact middle america got screwed in the process. Kenny Powers is the everyman, we all knew him in highschool and college, and we all wanted to be him at one time, and we all wanted to see him fall too. We get to watch the dichotomy of a man torn. At times you want to punch him at times you want to hug him. But for the everyman in all of us, Kenny is a genuine personality we can relate to. To the negative critics: You're missing out on one of the best shows to come around in years. Expand
  21. KJM
    Mar 15, 2009
    This show is the funniest show i've ever seen. Danny mcbride is the perfect kenny powers. The show is colorful but would not be as funny without it.
  22. RahmunC
    Mar 15, 2009
    Best show on television period. I have read some reviews and I believe that people expect too much. Danny McBride is tied to the Judd Apatow crew of classic comedies/comedians (40 Yr old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad) and this show is right in line. It's not about big funny events that make the whole family laugh...it's about the subtleties of the characterful that make it Best show on television period. I have read some reviews and I believe that people expect too much. Danny McBride is tied to the Judd Apatow crew of classic comedies/comedians (40 Yr old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad) and this show is right in line. It's not about big funny events that make the whole family laugh...it's about the subtleties of the characterful that make it classic. Watch out for Danny McBride, a star on the rise. Expand
  23. NG
    Mar 17, 2009
    One of the funniest TV shows ever!!! Anyone who appreciates great comedy will love this show. A classic in the making and Danny McBride gives one of the best comedic performances on TV. This show deserves to win many Emmys but it probably won't.
  24. JerryP
    Mar 22, 2009
    If you like Will Ferrel type humor, then this show is for you. Hopefully, they make another season.
  25. celenas
    Mar 23, 2009
    Some of the funniest comedy I've seen on TV in a long time! Would pay money to see more episodes.
  26. AdamW
    Mar 24, 2009
    Best show on TV! The casting and dialogue are second to none. I love Kenny Powers.
  27. ElaineO
    Mar 26, 2009
    I love love love this show. Raunchy, hilarious and NOT politically correct. The season ended way too early for me. Great cast and great writing.....hurry back!!!
  28. DMD
    Apr 4, 2009
    Eastbound and Down is the best comedy show since Seinfeld only equaled in laughs by another great HBO comedy, Curb your Enthusiasm. Danny McBride is hilarious. The laughs continue in my office as we discuss some of the great lines "Woo!", "Hey, that's my game" ,"You're F%*#ing out!" and "Set that sh#* up." I certainly am hoping for continued laughs and in the form of a second Eastbound and Down is the best comedy show since Seinfeld only equaled in laughs by another great HBO comedy, Curb your Enthusiasm. Danny McBride is hilarious. The laughs continue in my office as we discuss some of the great lines "Woo!", "Hey, that's my game" ,"You're F%*#ing out!" and "Set that sh#* up." I certainly am hoping for continued laughs and in the form of a second season. Maybe it is so funny because we have all known someone like Kenny Powers in our lives. Very very funny comedy. Expand
  29. TreverP.
    Jun 16, 2009
    I loved this series, I thought it was hilarious!
  30. DG
    Jul 11, 2009
    Outstanding!

Powers, the central character in the strangely compelling new HBO series Eastbound & Down is a down-on-his-luck pitcher whose glory days in the Major League are well behind him.
  2. What lifts Eastbound & Down away from mere crudball humor is McBride's ongoing love affair with the lower middle class.
    If you thought "Tropic Thunder" was the funniest movie of the year and that everything Will Ferrell touches makes you laugh until you squirt Diet Pepsi out of your nose, then you will love Eastbound & Down.