Eastwick : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
8.5

1. PaulP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    "Sex and the Devil in a Small Town". However, it doesn't even attempt to provide insight into relationships like "Sex and the City" did. All soap. And, since it doesn't try to provide any insight, all the comedy is contrived. Not that it's bad. Just not particularly interesting if youi're not ogling the bodies. Rebecca Romijn is better than you'd expect, but the "Sex and the Devil in a Small Town". However, it doesn't even attempt to provide insight into relationships like "Sex and the City" did. All soap. And, since it doesn't try to provide any insight, all the comedy is contrived. Not that it's bad. Just not particularly interesting if youi're not ogling the bodies. Rebecca Romijn is better than you'd expect, but the talented Sara Rue should be the third woman and the not very interesting Jaime Ray Newman should be the best friend. But Jamie Ray's a size 2, and Sara isn't, and that tells you all you need to know about this series. Paul Gross, an actor who can be very funny, is slightly miscast as the devil, no matter how handsome he is. Gross is better at playing the funny nice guy, as he did in his underrated comedy-drama Due South, where he played a flesh and blood Dudley Doo-Right, who actually always got his man. Whether this show lasts or not all depends on whether the audience lusts after these people. As a show, it's like the recent Anne Heche romantic comedy set in Alaska, whose name was, was....., well, you get the idea. Only this show's not nearly as good as that one even was. Expand
  2. LAB
    Sep 23, 2009
    The best new show this season. Easy to watch!
  3. KarenJ
    Sep 23, 2009
    I LOVED it! True, they pushed a lot into the first episode, but it moved quickly and it was sexy!! TY Paul Gross!!
  4. PhilS
    Sep 23, 2009
    Sucks. The Van Horn actor wasn't even fit to be in the same room with Jack N. ABC should have cast Christian Slater in that role -- once -- just to kick off the show. Writing was horrible. No wonder we don't watch Desperate Housewives.
  5. CliveB
    Very Nora Ephron! Yay!
  6. GavinH
    Sep 24, 2009
    Like Charmed meets Desperate Housewives, Eastwick put me under a charm even before it aired, and I was so excited for it. When it finally aired, I was not disappointed. I loved everything about the Pilot, it had drama and comedy and mystery and just a cauldron full of goodies.
  7. leslied
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really expected this show to be bad bad bad... I was pleasantly surprised! Although it's not the best show on TV, I really liked it. The characters, especially Darryl, grew on me as the show progressed. I find myself looking forward to next week!
  8. MaijaS
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show could go either way, I'll give it a few more viewings to make up my mind.
  9. JayN
    Sep 24, 2009
    It turned an edgy funny and disturbing movie into a soap opera. John Stamos continues to get his revenge as Rebecca Romijn continues her slide back to obscurity.
  10. HeleneA
    Sep 24, 2009
    I loved it!! Fast moving,great story line, good actors,wide range of characters, and not over-sexed.
  11. LoriC
    Sep 24, 2009
    I loved the show! I thought everything about it was great!
  12. SharonB.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Finally something on tv worth watching again. Critics need to stop comparing it to the movie, and realize that this is an fresh look at an story unfolding in an promising way.
  13. ShayS
    Sep 24, 2009
    Eastwick is a new comedy-drama-glam-dark show that i think it's a fantastic addition to "ABC. I specially think that Lindsay Price deserved to be on this one, ever since she stared the canceled 'NBC's "Lipstick Jungle", it is a brighter and bolder project for her, and i really think shes a fantastic actress. Easwtick is a kind of "Desperate Housewives" except is more Eastwick is a new comedy-drama-glam-dark show that i think it's a fantastic addition to "ABC. I specially think that Lindsay Price deserved to be on this one, ever since she stared the canceled 'NBC's "Lipstick Jungle", it is a brighter and bolder project for her, and i really think shes a fantastic actress. Easwtick is a kind of "Desperate Housewives" except is more defined, the characters are more funny and the fact that Eastwick got 8.56 million viewers ONLY on it's season premiere it's amazing. If "ABC" cancels this show only after 2 seasons?... I will officially STOP tunning in to this Broadcasting Company. Expand
  14. ErnestP.
    Sep 24, 2009
    It's going to be hard to believe that this show will endure the first six weeks without some better writing. The cast is nice enough to look at, but the storytelling is uninspired. I came away from the night, not really caring for any of the characters.
  15. JohnG.
    Sep 24, 2009
    A pilot episode that won me over. Unusual for a pilot episode to work so well. An updated Witches of Eastwick with a bit of the flavor of Charmed and Desperate Housewives tossed in. I am definitely watching this one.
  16. NatalieR.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I LOVED the show. I recorded it on my DVR so I could watch it in peice. I have been waiting for a new shoe to take the place of Charmed and Sex and the city since those shows went of of the air. This show does just that. Dont get me wrong, its different in its own way, BUT FANTASTIC!!!!! And I loved the movie as well. This show is wonderful and the actors are 100% AMAZING!!!!! I love it I LOVED the show. I recorded it on my DVR so I could watch it in peice. I have been waiting for a new shoe to take the place of Charmed and Sex and the city since those shows went of of the air. This show does just that. Dont get me wrong, its different in its own way, BUT FANTASTIC!!!!! And I loved the movie as well. This show is wonderful and the actors are 100% AMAZING!!!!! I love it and cant wait to see the rest of the season. I sure hope its around for many more seasons to come. I now have a new show to watch when my three year old is fast asleep in bed!!!!! Thanks ABC. Expand
  17. CarmenC.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Trite, unfortunate acting from the women, and Paul Gross-ly miscast.
  18. ZekeG.
    Sep 25, 2009
    I think the show is great! Perfect style of plot concidering halloween is around the corner!
  19. JanetB.
    Sep 27, 2009
    Pleasantly surprised. I'm intruiged enough to keep on watching a few more episodes!
  20. StevenE.
    Sep 27, 2009
    This show lacks the crisp writing and smart acting that made Charmed one of my all time favorite shows. Bring back the Power Of Three!
  21. TV
    Sep 29, 2009
    I wanted to like it, but I just came away like 'meh'. The Devil was miscast. He has to be HOT for a show like this to work. It felt Desperate Houswives light, and I was looking for something with a little edge. I think of what a show like this could have been in the hands of Allan Ball (of True Blood).
  22. Rosie
    Sep 29, 2009
    I loved this show. I think Paul Gross is better than Jack Nicholson, and he was fab. I will Tivo this if I can't get home to watch it.
  23. BiancaF
    Oct 1, 2009
    I loved the pilot which usually doesnt happen for me. I was intrigued and excited to watch the following episodes.
  24. Tiff
    Oct 8, 2009
    I LOVE the show! I am totally hooked, each episode is exciting and leaves me wanting more! Great show, its new and fresh and much different from other shows out there!
  25. LindaE
    Oct 8, 2009
    I love this show which scares me because every show I seem to like gets cancelled. I lost swingtown and many others. I am hoping Eastwick can use magic and put a spell on all who try to get it off the air. My fingers are crossed!!!!!!!
  26. TarryS
    Oct 9, 2009
    I really like this show. I like all 3 actresses and I hope that everyone gives this show a chance. it's a fun show and I really look forward to exploring all the main characters more.
  27. LynneI
    Oct 9, 2009
    I loved it! It's been too long since I looked forward to anything on tv. I hope it stays for a long, long time.
  28. MichaelA
    Oct 12, 2009
    Great show, with lots of potential for more seasons. Looking forward to the next episode everytime.
  29. GaleN
    Oct 14, 2009
    So far, 4 episodes into Eastwick... I am loving it. It usually takes longer for me to decide if I like a new show but I am already hooked on this show! I adore all 3 of these women and the roles they are playing. It's like having "I dream of Jeanie", "Bewitched, "Desperate house wives", with a twist of Stephan Kings "Fire starter" all rolled into one TV show. I Love it and hope it is So far, 4 episodes into Eastwick... I am loving it. It usually takes longer for me to decide if I like a new show but I am already hooked on this show! I adore all 3 of these women and the roles they are playing. It's like having "I dream of Jeanie", "Bewitched, "Desperate house wives", with a twist of Stephan Kings "Fire starter" all rolled into one TV show. I Love it and hope it is given it's fair chance. Expand
  30. ErinD
    Oct 15, 2009
    Certainly has excellent potential....and Paul Gross as Darryl Van Horne is simply delicious.

1. Eastwick is not much more than fanciful fluff, but the chemistry between the likable trio and Gross proves bewitching.
  2. A breezy, bright trip to the dark side in which star Rebecca Romijn's hair magically stays well-coiffed and Paul Gross has a devil of a time making his smoky tones not recall Jack Nicholson's in the movie.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    This is a shame and a waste of three gorgeous actresses, a wonderful actor (Gross) and an idea that--with a little more wit, smarter writing and less soap--could have yielded a winner.