• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
8.6

1. PaulP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    "Sex and the Devil in a Small Town". However, it doesn't even attempt to provide insight into relationships like "Sex and the City" did. All soap. And, since it doesn't try to provide any insight, all the comedy is contrived. Not that it's bad. Just not particularly interesting if youi're not ogling the bodies. Rebecca Romijn is better than you'd expect, but the "Sex and the Devil in a Small Town". However, it doesn't even attempt to provide insight into relationships like "Sex and the City" did. All soap. And, since it doesn't try to provide any insight, all the comedy is contrived. Not that it's bad. Just not particularly interesting if youi're not ogling the bodies. Rebecca Romijn is better than you'd expect, but the talented Sara Rue should be the third woman and the not very interesting Jaime Ray Newman should be the best friend. But Jamie Ray's a size 2, and Sara isn't, and that tells you all you need to know about this series. Paul Gross, an actor who can be very funny, is slightly miscast as the devil, no matter how handsome he is. Gross is better at playing the funny nice guy, as he did in his underrated comedy-drama Due South, where he played a flesh and blood Dudley Doo-Right, who actually always got his man. Whether this show lasts or not all depends on whether the audience lusts after these people. As a show, it's like the recent Anne Heche romantic comedy set in Alaska, whose name was, was....., well, you get the idea. Only this show's not nearly as good as that one even was. Collapse
  2. LAB
    Sep 23, 2009
    The best new show this season. Easy to watch!
  3. KarenJ
    Sep 23, 2009
    I LOVED it! True, they pushed a lot into the first episode, but it moved quickly and it was sexy!! TY Paul Gross!!
  4. PhilS
    Sep 23, 2009
    Sucks. The Van Horn actor wasn't even fit to be in the same room with Jack N. ABC should have cast Christian Slater in that role -- once -- just to kick off the show. Writing was horrible. No wonder we don't watch Desperate Housewives.
  5. CliveB
    Very Nora Ephron! Yay!
  6. GavinH
    Sep 24, 2009
    Like Charmed meets Desperate Housewives, Eastwick put me under a charm even before it aired, and I was so excited for it. When it finally aired, I was not disappointed. I loved everything about the Pilot, it had drama and comedy and mystery and just a cauldron full of goodies.
  7. leslied
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really expected this show to be bad bad bad... I was pleasantly surprised! Although it's not the best show on TV, I really liked it. The characters, especially Darryl, grew on me as the show progressed. I find myself looking forward to next week!
  8. MaijaS
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show could go either way, I'll give it a few more viewings to make up my mind.
  9. JayN
    Sep 24, 2009
    It turned an edgy funny and disturbing movie into a soap opera. John Stamos continues to get his revenge as Rebecca Romijn continues her slide back to obscurity.
  10. HeleneA
    Sep 24, 2009
    I loved it!! Fast moving,great story line, good actors,wide range of characters, and not over-sexed.
  11. LoriC
    Sep 24, 2009
    I loved the show! I thought everything about it was great!
  12. SharonB.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Finally something on tv worth watching again. Critics need to stop comparing it to the movie, and realize that this is an fresh look at an story unfolding in an promising way.
  13. ShayS
    Sep 24, 2009
    Eastwick is a new comedy-drama-glam-dark show that i think it's a fantastic addition to "ABC. I specially think that Lindsay Price deserved to be on this one, ever since she stared the canceled 'NBC's "Lipstick Jungle", it is a brighter and bolder project for her, and i really think shes a fantastic actress. Easwtick is a kind of "Desperate Housewives" except is more Eastwick is a new comedy-drama-glam-dark show that i think it's a fantastic addition to "ABC. I specially think that Lindsay Price deserved to be on this one, ever since she stared the canceled 'NBC's "Lipstick Jungle", it is a brighter and bolder project for her, and i really think shes a fantastic actress. Easwtick is a kind of "Desperate Housewives" except is more defined, the characters are more funny and the fact that Eastwick got 8.56 million viewers ONLY on it's season premiere it's amazing. If "ABC" cancels this show only after 2 seasons?... I will officially STOP tunning in to this Broadcasting Company. Expand
  14. ErnestP.
    Sep 24, 2009
    It's going to be hard to believe that this show will endure the first six weeks without some better writing. The cast is nice enough to look at, but the storytelling is uninspired. I came away from the night, not really caring for any of the characters.
  15. JohnG.
    Sep 24, 2009
    A pilot episode that won me over. Unusual for a pilot episode to work so well. An updated Witches of Eastwick with a bit of the flavor of Charmed and Desperate Housewives tossed in. I am definitely watching this one.
  16. NatalieR.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I LOVED the show. I recorded it on my DVR so I could watch it in peice. I have been waiting for a new shoe to take the place of Charmed and Sex and the city since those shows went of of the air. This show does just that. Dont get me wrong, its different in its own way, BUT FANTASTIC!!!!! And I loved the movie as well. This show is wonderful and the actors are 100% AMAZING!!!!! I love it I LOVED the show. I recorded it on my DVR so I could watch it in peice. I have been waiting for a new shoe to take the place of Charmed and Sex and the city since those shows went of of the air. This show does just that. Dont get me wrong, its different in its own way, BUT FANTASTIC!!!!! And I loved the movie as well. This show is wonderful and the actors are 100% AMAZING!!!!! I love it and cant wait to see the rest of the season. I sure hope its around for many more seasons to come. I now have a new show to watch when my three year old is fast asleep in bed!!!!! Thanks ABC. Expand
  17. CarmenC.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Trite, unfortunate acting from the women, and Paul Gross-ly miscast.
  18. ZekeG.
    Sep 25, 2009
    I think the show is great! Perfect style of plot concidering halloween is around the corner!
  19. JanetB.
    Sep 27, 2009
    Pleasantly surprised. I'm intruiged enough to keep on watching a few more episodes!
  20. StevenE.
    Sep 27, 2009
    This show lacks the crisp writing and smart acting that made Charmed one of my all time favorite shows. Bring back the Power Of Three!
  21. TV
    Sep 29, 2009
    I wanted to like it, but I just came away like 'meh'. The Devil was miscast. He has to be HOT for a show like this to work. It felt Desperate Houswives light, and I was looking for something with a little edge. I think of what a show like this could have been in the hands of Allan Ball (of True Blood).
  22. Rosie
    Sep 29, 2009
    I loved this show. I think Paul Gross is better than Jack Nicholson, and he was fab. I will Tivo this if I can't get home to watch it.
  23. BiancaF
    Oct 1, 2009
    I loved the pilot which usually doesnt happen for me. I was intrigued and excited to watch the following episodes.
  24. Tiff
    Oct 8, 2009
    I LOVE the show! I am totally hooked, each episode is exciting and leaves me wanting more! Great show, its new and fresh and much different from other shows out there!
  25. LindaE
    Oct 8, 2009
    I love this show which scares me because every show I seem to like gets cancelled. I lost swingtown and many others. I am hoping Eastwick can use magic and put a spell on all who try to get it off the air. My fingers are crossed!!!!!!!
  26. TarryS
    Oct 9, 2009
    I really like this show. I like all 3 actresses and I hope that everyone gives this show a chance. it's a fun show and I really look forward to exploring all the main characters more.
  27. LynneI
    Oct 9, 2009
    I loved it! It's been too long since I looked forward to anything on tv. I hope it stays for a long, long time.
  28. MichaelA
    Oct 12, 2009
    Great show, with lots of potential for more seasons. Looking forward to the next episode everytime.
  29. GaleN
    Oct 14, 2009
    So far, 4 episodes into Eastwick... I am loving it. It usually takes longer for me to decide if I like a new show but I am already hooked on this show! I adore all 3 of these women and the roles they are playing. It's like having "I dream of Jeanie", "Bewitched, "Desperate house wives", with a twist of Stephan Kings "Fire starter" all rolled into one TV show. I Love it and hope it is So far, 4 episodes into Eastwick... I am loving it. It usually takes longer for me to decide if I like a new show but I am already hooked on this show! I adore all 3 of these women and the roles they are playing. It's like having "I dream of Jeanie", "Bewitched, "Desperate house wives", with a twist of Stephan Kings "Fire starter" all rolled into one TV show. I Love it and hope it is given it's fair chance. Expand
  30. ErinD
    Oct 15, 2009
    Certainly has excellent potential....and Paul Gross as Darryl Van Horne is simply delicious.
  31. CarolK
    Oct 15, 2009
    Thank goodness ABC has found a vehicle to show off the incredible talents and smoldering good looks of Paul Gross. He is perfect as the devil!
  32. DZ
    Oct 17, 2009
    I think the critics need to lay off. The show is light and easy to watch and isn't as drama filled as all the medical shows and CSI show that are flooding the scenes. Though I enjoy those, I feel that EASTWICK is an escape from that sort of real life drama that we experience ourselves everyday. It's the Adult version of a made up world, nothing wrong with that once and awhile.
  33. KatyS
    Oct 20, 2009
    Love at first sight! I stumbled across this show on the third episode, and LOVED it! I immediately jumped online and watched the previous episodes. I now anxiously await every week for Wednesday night to roll around. That is my "me time". I like to tivo each week and rewatch. Instant mood booster! Thank you ABC!!!!!
  34. Jennifer
    Oct 28, 2009
    I was so upset when Lipstick Jungle got canceled. This show doesn't fill the void completely but I am hooked. It is a nighttime soap with magic. I think we all could use a little magic on tv. I am so sick of reality, on tv and in real life. Nice escape for an hour.
  35. VICKP.
    Nov 7, 2009
    IT'S MY FAVORITE SHOW! I could tell that there is so much to the show I just can't stop watching. I look forward to it every week. This show has a lot of potential. I really do hope it lasts long! Give this show a shot, there's nothing to not like about it!
  36. SamS
    Nov 8, 2009
    Who cares what the critics think? This time, I do not agree with the critics' comments. The show is enjoyable and the viewers obviously agree with me. Please do not cancel this show, ABC!
  37. CydC
    Nov 10, 2009
    It's "Charley's Angels" meets "American Gothic" meets "Picket Fences". Great escape on a Wednesday. I look forward to every episode! I too am tired of the doctor/crime genre. Eastwick is great fun!
  38. Heather
    Nov 13, 2009
    Eastwick is an amazing show! It is an adaption of the movie 'Witches of Eastwick', the same movie the WB show Charmed stole all its ideas from in the first place. So people should stop saying Eastwick is just a Charmed knock off, in reality Charmed is an Eastwick knock off! Eastwick is a much better written show any way; it doesn't have monsters and vampires that look like Eastwick is an amazing show! It is an adaption of the movie 'Witches of Eastwick', the same movie the WB show Charmed stole all its ideas from in the first place. So people should stop saying Eastwick is just a Charmed knock off, in reality Charmed is an Eastwick knock off! Eastwick is a much better written show any way; it doesn't have monsters and vampires that look like they crawled out of the movie 'Little Nickie' and it doesnt need three slutty looking twenty year olds to keep it on air. I love Eastwick it's a great show hopefully Lifetime will pick it up for season two so all the soccer moms will still have a fairy tale to dream about, one without exploding monsters and lame special effects. Expand
  39. JamieO
    Nov 15, 2009
    Love, love, love this show!!! I thought I might like it but I love it and can't wait for Wednesdays. It is my new favorite show. I will be so upset if it isn't renewed.
  40. bobm
    Dec 3, 2009
    I love this show. Weds night is the only good night of TV with Eastwick, Modern Family, and Cougartown!
  41. CrystalK
    Dec 8, 2009
    I was expecting to hate this show. I couldn't imagine Paul Gross as anything but sweet and chaming. I was so wrong. I LOVE this series. I think it has tons of potential, and each episode improves on the last. And Paul turns out to be devilishly sexy! Woot! Can't wait to see more from this cast.

1. Eastwick is not much more than fanciful fluff, but the chemistry between the likable trio and Gross proves bewitching.
  2. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    A breezy, bright trip to the dark side in which star Rebecca Romijn's hair magically stays well-coiffed and Paul Gross has a devil of a time making his smoky tones not recall Jack Nicholson's in the movie.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    This is a shame and a waste of three gorgeous actresses, a wonderful actor (Gross) and an idea that--with a little more wit, smarter writing and less soap--could have yielded a winner.