• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 31, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.3

1. Feb 14, 2012
    My wife and I have watched 17 episodes so far and we're having trouble understanding why it had such a short run. The characters are real and likable, the casting seems very good, the individual scenes seem well-directed, the story lines are compelling, there seem to be enough little surprises to keep the viewers on their toes and the vision sequences offer the cast a chance to act out of character allowing them a way to expand. I wish there were more episodes. Expand
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    I am not a fan of musicals, but this is something so much more. With rich characters offering us an unusual, yet very optimistic world experiences, it brings something uplifting and intelligent to the screen.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    Not terrible, but pretty uninspired. I am always annoyed by things that are blandly "spiritual," poorly acted, and full of stereotypical characters and situations. Eli Stone has all three. I often find myself thinking that the cases that Stone champions are, based on the evidence that he has, wrongly decided. A couple of good actors and fresh faces with largely innocuous plots aren't really a problem, other than the kind of obvious left-wing agenda of most of the plots. Expect evil corporations, sinister churches, greedy businessmen and the shiftless lawyers who defend them. Meh. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    With these superb supporting players [Victor Garber, Tom Amandes, and Loretta Devine] helping drain away any potential drippiness from the show's magical-realist trappings, Eli Stone proves as solid as a rock.
  2. There's a strong supporting cast, including Loretta Devine as Stone's no-nonsense secretary, but the big attraction is Miller's Stone and his transformation from heartless corporate lawyer to protector of the little guy.
    Eli Stone is another lawyer hour disguised as feel-good rehabilitation fluff, with Eli now compelled to use his sharklike courtroom mojo to take up the causes of wronged underdogs against the kinds of heartless corporate clients his blue-chip firm typically represents.