Eli Stone : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.3

1. TomO.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Evil corporations -- pharma no less! -- are just a progressive cliches in scripts no more insightful than these. It's boring and predictable.
  2. GarnelleJ.
    Feb 1, 2008
    My heart actually felt lighter after watching the pilot. This show is very good.
  3. JerryB.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Besides predictable cliches and a tone that's been done to death, I think it's totally irresponsible that a show would draw its plot from research that has been proved to be completely false. There is no scientific link between immunization and autism. Further, people who refuse to immunize their children because of this perceived link are doing their children and the world a Besides predictable cliches and a tone that's been done to death, I think it's totally irresponsible that a show would draw its plot from research that has been proved to be completely false. There is no scientific link between immunization and autism. Further, people who refuse to immunize their children because of this perceived link are doing their children and the world a grave disservice. Expand
  4. ScottP.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Great show! Makes me laugh, yet touches my heart at the same time. I only hope it lasts because once I like a show on network TV, it gets canceled.
  5. PeterK.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Eli Stone delivers laughs and intrigue, but may suffer from having too selective an audience (those who remember the '80s). A quirky writing style and unexpected plot twists kept me fully engaged in the premier episode.
  6. JacksonP.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Boring, uninspired, and poorly written, Eli Stone may be the dullest thing I've seen on television in years. For all its other flaws the worst thing about Eli Stone may be the camerawork. Filmed like a late-90s B-movie than an edgy late-night comedy the show somehow manages to flounder through an entire hour making the viewer feel like they are being kept at arm's length through Boring, uninspired, and poorly written, Eli Stone may be the dullest thing I've seen on television in years. For all its other flaws the worst thing about Eli Stone may be the camerawork. Filmed like a late-90s B-movie than an edgy late-night comedy the show somehow manages to flounder through an entire hour making the viewer feel like they are being kept at arm's length through startlingly uninspired cinematography. Six stars for the concept, but negative three stars for truly pathetic direction. Expand
  7. Abigail
    Mar 7, 2008
    Brilliant casting. Jonny Lee Miller is a delight (how can the Brits do American accents so perfectly?) and the rest of the cast are wonderful as well. This show is a keeper...which unforunately means, they'll cancel it and give us more damn reality programming. Viva la Eli!
  8. JoeC.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Great entertaining show.
  9. Michelle
    Apr 5, 2008
    Wasn't sure how to feel after the first episode...I knew I liked it, but had a little trouble with my suspension of disbelief. But...as the show progresses, the episodes keep getting better and better, and now I love this show! If you can accept the premise that Eli has no control over how he reacts to his visions, which apparently seem all too real for him, then the "singing in the Wasn't sure how to feel after the first episode...I knew I liked it, but had a little trouble with my suspension of disbelief. But...as the show progresses, the episodes keep getting better and better, and now I love this show! If you can accept the premise that Eli has no control over how he reacts to his visions, which apparently seem all too real for him, then the "singing in the lobby" moments won't bother you too much. Then you can really focus on appreciating the sharp writing, the character development, the clever story lines, and the great cast performances. Expand
  10. MarieH.
    Jan 31, 2008
    A breath of fresh air. Though "Eli Stone" isn't for everybody (i.e., cynics), you can't help but root for it to succeed. Funny, charming, and hopeful? It feels like a show I could stick with for a long time.
  11. WendyR.
    Feb 10, 2008
    I have to give this show a 10 because my favorite actor, JLM, is the star. He is wonderfully classic but he is even more wonderfully classic with his British accent!
  12. EdM.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Wow, another quirky tv show about a lawyer. How original. How about a show about a talking horse that is a lawyer? Don't make me drive to Hollywood and force them to make a good tv show. It wont be pretty.
  13. LeslieM.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Our grandson who is three has recently been diagnosed with autism, this show has brought attention to this issue. I like many followed the links to the CDC and found their answers and comments to be helpful. The show was moving, insightful and in my book a winner, incidentally this is the first time I have ever spoken about a show. GOOD JOB, looking forward to future programs.
  14. JenniferE.
    Feb 26, 2008
    This show is very funny and uplifting.
  15. TheVegan
    Mar 3, 2008
    I enjoy the drama of the cases Eli works on but I don't enjoy, at all, when he is experiencing supposed symptoms of his aneurysm. The whole thing is way too far out there and just too much for me. And this is coming from someone who loved Ally McBeal. I watched 3 full episode of Eli and during the 4th I just couldn't take it any more. The reason I gave it a four is I did enjoy, I enjoy the drama of the cases Eli works on but I don't enjoy, at all, when he is experiencing supposed symptoms of his aneurysm. The whole thing is way too far out there and just too much for me. And this is coming from someone who loved Ally McBeal. I watched 3 full episode of Eli and during the 4th I just couldn't take it any more. The reason I gave it a four is I did enjoy, as stated above, the drama involved in the cases but that was it. Expand
  16. SThomas
    Apr 7, 2008
    Jonny Lee Miller is brilliant! This is a wonderfully unique show and should definitely stay on the air!
  17. CharlesH.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This started off pretty well but gets a little dumber each week. The first week I thought it had just a little of Pushing Daisies quirkiness, but by week 3 I thought it had way too much Picket Fences contrived preciousness. I think the little flap about autism in the first episode underscores what I'm increasingly noticing, which is this show doesn't really care if anything in This started off pretty well but gets a little dumber each week. The first week I thought it had just a little of Pushing Daisies quirkiness, but by week 3 I thought it had way too much Picket Fences contrived preciousness. I think the little flap about autism in the first episode underscores what I'm increasingly noticing, which is this show doesn't really care if anything in it is realistic or makes basic sense. The best fantasies make everything outside the fantasy itself convincing; if nothing in the show seems realistic then his visions are just another dumb thing in the show. Expand
  18. TaylorP.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This is a great show that is funny and great!
  19. BazS.
    Feb 28, 2008
    Love it! Quirky and funny with increasing character development as the episodes progress. I love how they have incorporated some great musical numbers into the show.
  20. Ammon
    Feb 29, 2008
    too predictable and cheesy to be on prime time- should be on the Disney channel.
  21. RonaldV.
    Feb 7, 2008
    show appeals to those with existential angst aka mid-life concerns, vis-a-vis career, family, relationships, etc. good, diverse cast. issue-oriented despite the escapism similar to Travolta's phenomenon. looking forward to future shows.
  22. Robbie
    Mar 11, 2008
    Love this show it's very funny.
  23. MaryannZ.
    Mar 13, 2008
    george michael is so amazing in every way, he just keeps getting better and better! i only wish that he would make more guest appearances and sing more songs, he has the voice of perfection, that of an angel, a true gift from above! he is so sexy!!!!!!!!
  24. Del
    Mar 14, 2008
    Compared to what's on right now, this is a pretty decent show. Some comedy, small amount of drama. All in all, not bad. A pleasant 1 hr.
  25. DuaneJ.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Great and funny show. Unique and could be at an earlier time.
  26. JasonH.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Funny & inspirational as well as thought provoking & deep/smart cases.
  27. Renee
    Mar 29, 2008
    I haven't liked a show this much in decades. It has it all. In fact, I've become such a fan of it, I figure it's virtually certain that it'll be cancelled.
  28. CelestaF.
    Apr 13, 2008
    This show is wonderful! I love the optimistic and good nature of Eli!!
  29. ThiagoS.
    Apr 13, 2008
    One of the best show i have watched in a long time, hope they will keep making a lot more of it.
  30. JosephineS.
    Apr 14, 2008
    I love this show...I want it to continue...One of the best shows on TV!!! My favorite.

1. With these superb supporting players [Victor Garber, Tom Amandes, and Loretta Devine] helping drain away any potential drippiness from the show's magical-realist trappings, Eli Stone proves as solid as a rock.
  2. There's a strong supporting cast, including Loretta Devine as Stone's no-nonsense secretary, but the big attraction is Miller's Stone and his transformation from heartless corporate lawyer to protector of the little guy.
    Eli Stone is another lawyer hour disguised as feel-good rehabilitation fluff, with Eli now compelled to use his sharklike courtroom mojo to take up the causes of wronged underdogs against the kinds of heartless corporate clients his blue-chip firm typically represents.