Eli Stone : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.3

1. GarnelleJ.
    Feb 1, 2008
    My heart actually felt lighter after watching the pilot. This show is very good.
  2. ScottP.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Great show! Makes me laugh, yet touches my heart at the same time. I only hope it lasts because once I like a show on network TV, it gets canceled.
  3. PeterK.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Eli Stone delivers laughs and intrigue, but may suffer from having too selective an audience (those who remember the '80s). A quirky writing style and unexpected plot twists kept me fully engaged in the premier episode.
  4. Abigail
    Mar 7, 2008
    Brilliant casting. Jonny Lee Miller is a delight (how can the Brits do American accents so perfectly?) and the rest of the cast are wonderful as well. This show is a keeper...which unforunately means, they'll cancel it and give us more damn reality programming. Viva la Eli!
  5. JoeC.
    Great entertaining show.
  6. Michelle
    Apr 5, 2008
    Wasn't sure how to feel after the first episode...I knew I liked it, but had a little trouble with my suspension of disbelief. But...as the show progresses, the episodes keep getting better and better, and now I love this show! If you can accept the premise that Eli has no control over how he reacts to his visions, which apparently seem all too real for him, then the "singing in the Wasn't sure how to feel after the first episode...I knew I liked it, but had a little trouble with my suspension of disbelief. But...as the show progresses, the episodes keep getting better and better, and now I love this show! If you can accept the premise that Eli has no control over how he reacts to his visions, which apparently seem all too real for him, then the "singing in the lobby" moments won't bother you too much. Then you can really focus on appreciating the sharp writing, the character development, the clever story lines, and the great cast performances. Expand
  7. MarieH.
    Jan 31, 2008
    A breath of fresh air. Though "Eli Stone" isn't for everybody (i.e., cynics), you can't help but root for it to succeed. Funny, charming, and hopeful? It feels like a show I could stick with for a long time.
  8. WendyR.
    Feb 10, 2008
    I have to give this show a 10 because my favorite actor, JLM, is the star. He is wonderfully classic but he is even more wonderfully classic with his British accent!
  9. LeslieM.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Our grandson who is three has recently been diagnosed with autism, this show has brought attention to this issue. I like many followed the links to the CDC and found their answers and comments to be helpful. The show was moving, insightful and in my book a winner, incidentally this is the first time I have ever spoken about a show. GOOD JOB, looking forward to future programs.
  10. JenniferE.
    Feb 26, 2008
    This show is very funny and uplifting.
  11. SThomas
    Apr 7, 2008
    Jonny Lee Miller is brilliant! This is a wonderfully unique show and should definitely stay on the air!
  12. TaylorP.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This is a great show that is funny and great!
  13. BazS.
    Feb 28, 2008
    Love it! Quirky and funny with increasing character development as the episodes progress. I love how they have incorporated some great musical numbers into the show.
  14. RonaldV.
    Feb 7, 2008
    show appeals to those with existential angst aka mid-life concerns, vis-a-vis career, family, relationships, etc. good, diverse cast. issue-oriented despite the escapism similar to Travolta's phenomenon. looking forward to future shows.
  15. Robbie
    Mar 11, 2008
    Love this show it's very funny.
  16. MaryannZ.
    Mar 13, 2008
    george michael is so amazing in every way, he just keeps getting better and better! i only wish that he would make more guest appearances and sing more songs, he has the voice of perfection, that of an angel, a true gift from above! he is so sexy!!!!!!!!
  17. Del
    Mar 14, 2008
    Compared to what's on right now, this is a pretty decent show. Some comedy, small amount of drama. All in all, not bad. A pleasant 1 hr.
  18. DuaneJ.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Great and funny show. Unique and could be at an earlier time.
  19. JasonH.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Funny & inspirational as well as thought provoking & deep/smart cases.
  20. Renee
    Mar 29, 2008
    I haven't liked a show this much in decades. It has it all. In fact, I've become such a fan of it, I figure it's virtually certain that it'll be cancelled.
  21. CelestaF.
    Apr 13, 2008
    This show is wonderful! I love the optimistic and good nature of Eli!!
  22. ThiagoS.
    Apr 13, 2008
    One of the best show i have watched in a long time, hope they will keep making a lot more of it.
  23. JosephineS.
    Apr 14, 2008
    I love this show...I want it to continue...One of the best shows on TV!!! My favorite.
  24. ShannaB.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Great Show with brilliant cast and wonderful stories
  25. Melissa
    Apr 16, 2008
    Like "Michelle" said, I liked the first episode but it didnt make justice to what was to come. I kept on watching because it seemed promising and I was not disappointed. Eli is a beautiful man (and i don't mean hot) he's flawed and trying so very hard to do the hard thing. It reminds us that we cant expect to be good without struggling a little. Love it, love it love it!
  26. DarronK.
    Nov 24, 2008
    I cannot remember the last television show I actually looked forward to watching. TV has become absolute garbage, in my humble opinion. With the exception of this odd show Eli Stone. Anyone who has been through psychological or spiritual trauma should be able to enjoy this show. That should mean everyone, but, as is evidenced by the various reviews out there, this show is not for I cannot remember the last television show I actually looked forward to watching. TV has become absolute garbage, in my humble opinion. With the exception of this odd show Eli Stone. Anyone who has been through psychological or spiritual trauma should be able to enjoy this show. That should mean everyone, but, as is evidenced by the various reviews out there, this show is not for everyone. Most shows are incredibly dark and nihilistic-the point always ends up in the suicidal ideation of Camus or Nietzche. I became a huge fan of this show. Sure, the visions are out there, the plots are wacky, but the message, the message is pure and needed today. Surprisingly, in its simplicity, this show is actually far more complex than the majority of filth on the tube. Folks, if you are a spiritual person who has faced hardship, if you are a Christian or a spiritual libertine who has eyes towards hope, faith, and the promise of a better future, look no further than Eli Stone for great television. In fact, go buy the Season 1 DVD, it is fantastic. This is no 7th Heaven or Joan of Arcadia...there is an element of truthfullness in this fanciful show and it seeps with humanity in an inhuman time. Highly recommended from someone who can barely sit through 99% of TV today. Expand
  27. StephenB.
    Oct 15, 2008
    So often a second season disappoints and fails to carry forward the momentum of the first. Not so for Eli Stone. Yes, it is soppy and hardly an intellectual challenge. However it is also a creative and carefully crafted continuation of the story, stirring the emotions in a delicate and entertaining manner. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
  28. MD.
    Feb 12, 2008
    A feel-good show, with an interesting sense of humor. (And to those slamming it for the first episode - it was only one episode and there was a really big notice at the end of said episode reminding viewers that it is a fictional show and that there is no known link between immunization and autism.)
  29. CameronC.
    Feb 29, 2008
    The best new show that I have seen. I only hope that NBC brings Journeyman back, so I will have two shows to watch.
  30. HeleneF.
    Mar 31, 2008
    I love the show's concept. This is a literate, quirky, endearing show that is so desperately needed in this season's lineup.

1. With these superb supporting players [Victor Garber, Tom Amandes, and Loretta Devine] helping drain away any potential drippiness from the show's magical-realist trappings, Eli Stone proves as solid as a rock.
  2. There's a strong supporting cast, including Loretta Devine as Stone's no-nonsense secretary, but the big attraction is Miller's Stone and his transformation from heartless corporate lawyer to protector of the little guy.
    Eli Stone is another lawyer hour disguised as feel-good rehabilitation fluff, with Eli now compelled to use his sharklike courtroom mojo to take up the causes of wronged underdogs against the kinds of heartless corporate clients his blue-chip firm typically represents.