• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 16, 2012
  • Season #: 1
7.1

1. Feb 1, 2013
    I have wanted a new medical drama for a long time. So I'm not going to give this show a negative review, because it does what a medical drama should do. It tells the stories of the patients, it showcases the lives of the doctors, it's in a hospital. There is one thing that makes my rating so low. It's the fact that it just seems like a Grey's Anatomy copy, only worse. I hate how it focusesI have wanted a new medical drama for a long time. So I'm not going to give this show a negative review, because it does what a medical drama should do. It tells the stories of the patients, it showcases the lives of the doctors, it's in a hospital. There is one thing that makes my rating so low. It's the fact that it just seems like a Grey's Anatomy copy, only worse. I hate how it focuses more on the personal lives of the doctors. I also don't like how she talks in her head. This show is kind of annoying. I would recommend it if nothing else is on TV. Expand
  2. Feb 1, 2013
    This is a great show. It's my favorite. Gummer is adorable, relatable and likeable! It's just a feel good show that's different from other shows on right now. I hate that it's been canceled. Sorry there's no vampires or supernatural beings sorry it's not a reality show w/a bunch of B's stabbing each other in the back. I hate what television has become. And I hate that networks cycleThis is a great show. It's my favorite. Gummer is adorable, relatable and likeable! It's just a feel good show that's different from other shows on right now. I hate that it's been canceled. Sorry there's no vampires or supernatural beings sorry it's not a reality show w/a bunch of B's stabbing each other in the back. I hate what television has become. And I hate that networks cycle through shows like they're underwear. A good decent show doesn't have a chance any more. It's all about money NOT the viewers. Sad. Expand
  3. Jan 11, 2013
    I have enjoyed this show immensely. I wish that it wasn't going to be canceled. It deserves a chance on another night or at least paired with other shows with a similar audience. The acting is of a high quality and for a medical soap it's different then the others that have received a lot more success. I suspect that if this show were on another network it would be a hit. FurthermoreI have enjoyed this show immensely. I wish that it wasn't going to be canceled. It deserves a chance on another night or at least paired with other shows with a similar audience. The acting is of a high quality and for a medical soap it's different then the others that have received a lot more success. I suspect that if this show were on another network it would be a hit. Furthermore the WB has kept other shows on the air that even had less of an audience. Mamie gives it a lot of heart and soul. I can relate so much to her dorkiness. I love her internal struggles. She's happy to be smart and we are happy to watch a show with a lead character who is really smart, a good person and attractive to boot. I have never been moved enough to complain about a show's cancellation before. Collapse
  4. Jan 4, 2013
    I like the show. It's interesting and decent, a relief after seeing those junky reality shows and rude sitcoms being advertised. I'm rather unhappy that it's been canceled after season 1.
  5. Jan 3, 2013
    I love this show. I am so sad to hear it is being canceled. It is not often I feel connected to characters in a show these days, I do with these. I think it is because many of us have been in Emily's place in some way. It is one of my absolutely favorite shows.
  6. Dec 7, 2012
    This show has so much potential for a second season. It has both a dynamic cast and an engaging (and not too predictable) story line. Medical shows are a big hit, and right now other shows like House and Grey's Anatomy are getting all the attention. I personally love the show. It has the right balance of humor and drama to keep the viewers coming back for more.
  7. Dec 6, 2012
    I love this show...I work in Cardiology and I know everything that is going on!!!! Love, Love, Love Emily Owens!!! I have to wait until January 1st in order to watch another show!!!
  8. Dec 6, 2012
    Mammie is a great actress and it's so fun to watch her in anything she does.... but I love this take on a medical program. I love watching the show because there is a sense of authenticity, rawness, and intimacy with the character. You see the ups and downs..... and it's not so predictable as with so many other shows. I keep expecting a certain story line, then become surprised by theMammie is a great actress and it's so fun to watch her in anything she does.... but I love this take on a medical program. I love watching the show because there is a sense of authenticity, rawness, and intimacy with the character. You see the ups and downs..... and it's not so predictable as with so many other shows. I keep expecting a certain story line, then become surprised by the direction of the show. Mammie is great! I highly recommend this show! Expand
  9. Nov 17, 2012
    I love this show! It is very refreshing and Mamie Gummer is great! They really need to give it chance to get a following. She says what we are all thinking.
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    I do like Mamie Gummer though and she gives character a little bit something extra that is not in the script. Unfortunately, the rest of the show lets her down.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 26, 2012
    The greatest problem for Ms. Gummer, and everyone else in the cast, has to do with the script, a terminal case of the well-known vacant mind disorder, to which large quarters of the TV writing world are, it would seem, particularly susceptible.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Oct 23, 2012
    Gummer, so good as a clever lawyer on The Good Wife, deserves better than this role as a grown-up, moony teenage girl, even as she makes Emily far more interesting than her own insipid voice-over narration would suggest.
  3. Reviewed by: Carina Adly MacKenzie
    Oct 16, 2012
    If you're hoping for a slow-building romance, a relatable lead character, and a sweet follow-up to lighthearted lead-in "Hart of Dixie," you're in the right place.