• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.3

1. May 25, 2013
    Episodes first season certainly improved as it reached its finale but this second doesn't really take things on any further. The talented cast still provide some laughs but it is never quite funny enough for me to become a fan.
  2. Jul 3, 2012
    'Episodes' is a great show. Between Matt Leblanc's performance as, well, Matt Leblanc and the dry humor of the two British actors, this show really is funny.
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    I have to say that Matt, Sean and Beverly are annoying characters. I realized that I like the show because of the "network" people. Carol, Myra and Andy are very funny and interesting. They should focus on them a bit more.
  4. Aug 15, 2012
    It's an interesting concept with an enticing premise. The characters are likeable and fun to watch, and the writing always keeps you on the comedic edge. It makes the best of awkward moments, and is excellent in portraying plot. A nice, easy show to watch - definitely a thumbs up!
  5. bee
    Jul 4, 2012
    Episodes is a really great show, both witty and endearing. All the main three give really good performances yet Greig gives in my opinion the best performance of all. Greig stays true to her great comedy actress credentials but digs deeper to really give the emotional side of her situation in series 2. The second season loses none of the fresh feel that the first season had, the progression of story line is well written and funny as ever. I would thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  6. Jul 26, 2012
    Already saw season 2 on the BBC. I will watch season 3 and agreed with the general direction of the show. However this show is missing something and I fear it will only get worse. Good acting overall, just a show about an unsuccessful show..Stuck!
  7. May 30, 2014
    This is definitely an improvement over its previous season. It's funnier and smartly written. My favorite was the season finale episode, probably my favorite episode of the show so far.

1. Reviewed by: Henry Goldblatt
    Aug 15, 2012
    [A] terrific second season of this industry-set sitcom. [17/24 Aug 2012, p.109]
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Jul 12, 2012
    It has more heart than I first credited it with, and the season-long arc involving Sean and Beverly is both funny and touching.
  3. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jul 10, 2012
    Episodes has a sly subversiveness that deepens over time, like mercury poisoning: it's an adult farce that is at once frothy and acerbic.