• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.4

1. Jan 10, 2011
    I have to admit. I only saw half of this show. I turned it off midway. I don't know where to start. The show tries really hard. Too hard. The writing is terrible. The acting seems over eager and the jokes just aren't funny. Maybe I should go back and watch again. Maybe the last 15 minutes are pivotal.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    I couldn't watch more then 10 minutes... its AWFUL And i feel really sorry for Matt, cuz he is awesome in Friends... but Episodes.... everything is just plain dumb and not in the good way.

I wasn't able to draw a single smile... #Comedy Epic Fail !
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    It doesn't jump out as the best comedy of the year but by the fifth episode you think to yourself. wow. It really is good enough to keep watching. It's a TV show about the relationships, and behind the scenes workings of a studio. The writing is sharp and although the actors aren't the most talented to ever grace a screen they become less irritating as time passes. It's worth checking out just to see how fake hollywood really is and who knows you might end up enjoying it. Collapse
  4. Feb 21, 2011
    I can not believe that this show is getting a better rating than Shameless. I am a loyal shotime original series fan, and this is the only show that they have put out that I absolutely do not like. It isn't that the acting is bad, or the character are unbelievable or anything like that. It is just that the storyline is very slow, and uses dated jokes. I could see how this would be a bigger hit on another station, but from the station that brought Weeds, Dexter, Shameless, Nurse Jackie, Californication etc, I had higher expectations. Expand
  5. Mar 4, 2011
    This one is a completely overrated dog. Hung around for the first three episodes, just waiting for something funny to happen. It never did. Instead, every moment seemed utterly predictable. The good news is (for me, anyway) that Tamsin Greig is a likable actress, and I look forward to seeing her in other things.
  6. May 8, 2011
    This show is boring and so are the main characters. I only watch because of Mircea Monroe. The pilot is awful, I didn't laugh a single time. The season keeps getting better but the finale is still bad.
  7. Dec 26, 2013
    After two episodes, this show seems to be about filling whole half-hour slots with awkwardness, frustration and callous indifference. Supposedly it's a comedy, but I don't know when that's supposed to kick in... not so much as a smirk yet. Unless your idea of comedy is watching people get frustrated by being brushed off by bigger systems than them as everything that can possibly go wrong does, I'd recommend you avoid it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Feb 3, 2011
    LeBlanc is brilliant; the writing and direction are brilliant; the show is brilliant.
    Episodes is great--the sharpest sitcom debut this year. Among other excellent qualities, it's actively funny, with none of the dramedy lumpiness that spoils other half-hour offerings (bad camp, faux-energy badinage, heavy-handed sentimentality).
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 11, 2011
    It's a light, clever performance. But Episodes never convinces us this is really Hollywood. [17 Jan 2011, p.40]