Episodes (US) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.5

1. Nov 20, 2012
    It doesn't jump out as the best comedy of the year but by the fifth episode you think to yourself. wow. It really is good enough to keep watching. It's a TV show about the relationships, and behind the scenes workings of a studio. The writing is sharp and although the actors aren't the most talented to ever grace a screen they become less irritating as time passes. It's worth checking outIt doesn't jump out as the best comedy of the year but by the fifth episode you think to yourself. wow. It really is good enough to keep watching. It's a TV show about the relationships, and behind the scenes workings of a studio. The writing is sharp and although the actors aren't the most talented to ever grace a screen they become less irritating as time passes. It's worth checking out just to see how fake hollywood really is and who knows you might end up enjoying it. Expand
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    I have to admit. I only saw half of this show. I turned it off midway. I don't know where to start. The show tries really hard. Too hard. The writing is terrible. The acting seems over eager and the jokes just aren't funny. Maybe I should go back and watch again. Maybe the last 15 minutes are pivotal.
  3. Mar 4, 2011
    This one is a completely overrated dog. Hung around for the first three episodes, just waiting for something funny to happen. It never did. Instead, every moment seemed utterly predictable. The good news is (for me, anyway) that Tamsin Greig is a likable actress, and I look forward to seeing her in other things.
  4. Apr 27, 2011
    Because of my love for Friends I gave Episodes a shot (watched 5 of the 7 episodes so far) but honestly the series is highly disappointing. Any connection to Friends (where both one of the creators and obviously LeBlanc are from) is coincidental at best. The series is not funny, some of the actors don't fit their characters' outline and there are far too much swearing and vulgarity for myBecause of my love for Friends I gave Episodes a shot (watched 5 of the 7 episodes so far) but honestly the series is highly disappointing. Any connection to Friends (where both one of the creators and obviously LeBlanc are from) is coincidental at best. The series is not funny, some of the actors don't fit their characters' outline and there are far too much swearing and vulgarity for my personal taste. Expand
  5. May 25, 2013
    For me the best British comedies of the last decade are 'The Office' and 'Peep Show' and this, despite using the same sort of awkward humour is simply not as funny. Knowing that comedies can often take a number of episodes to get going I decided to stick with the show after a slow start and did begin to enjoy 'Episodes'.

Episodes is certainly not a show for the kids with very strong

Episodes is certainly not a show for the kids with very strong language and (tame) sexual scenes throughout but the three leads, Matt Le Blanc, Tasmin Greig and Stephen Mangan are all talented comedic actors and certainly have good on screen chemistry. Many of the supporting cast though can often just come across, for me at least, as annoying rather than funny.

Hopefully the second series of 'Episodes' can continue on from the better episodes towards the end of this first season and I for one will be giving it a second chance.

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Jan 12, 2015
    In Hollywood, it may be business as usual. But in Episodes, it’s fodder for great comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Feb 3, 2011
    LeBlanc is brilliant; the writing and direction are brilliant; the show is brilliant.
    Episodes is great--the sharpest sitcom debut this year. Among other excellent qualities, it's actively funny, with none of the dramedy lumpiness that spoils other half-hour offerings (bad camp, faux-energy badinage, heavy-handed sentimentality).